• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Recruitment & Team Building

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Hack name: Pokemon Sakura Version
    Hack of: Fire Red
    Information about the hack: You begin your adventure as a small village-dwelling boy/girl setting out across the islands of the Satsunan Region, battling the gym leaders on land and the Nanami Faction, a pirate group on the waters, in transit between islands. Your ultimate goal is to reach Yoron Island, wherein Hiezu Heights will be your last test before the Satsunan Pokemon League.
    Finished percentage:Somewhere around 2-3%, I have finished the world map and am currently mapping the region at this point.
    Your hacking skills: I am extremely adept at Photoshop. I am a decent mapper and spriter, and can pretty much take care of every aesthetic and grapical part of the game. However, I need a scripter and consultant desperately, so if you're an adept scripter and willing to put in work to make this thing happen, I am greatly interested in you contacting me.
    What help or skill you're looking for:See above, essentially I am looking for someone to script nearly the entire game, or at least teach me to the point whereI can assist in the development.
    Additional contact information: Feel free to send me a message on here, or shoot me a skype request at cloudedconscience. Alternatively, you could get my email or message me on reddit at /u/formality.
    Additional information: There are TONS of conceptual things I could list here, but I like to think that a fair amount of them are original, so I'm going to keep those under wraps for the time being. :-) Thank you for reading my post, and I look forward to working with some of you great people!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2015
    Hack Name: Pokemon Battle Online
    Hack Of: Pokemon FireRed
    Information About The Hack: This hack was and is inspired but the anime Sword Art Online. I plan to use important parts of the series in my game such as: Game is based on floors that require the player to beat a major boss to advance (something like a Gym Leader, but more), small towns spread out around each floor with different quests and such to do as well as different features to offer the player, hopefully I will be removing the need of HMs outside of battles to allow the use of items instead, etc. There may be a game over function to keep constant with the anime...not sure on this yet. No Fakemon in this game.
    Finished Percentage: About 40% of the story and ideas are set, about 1% of the game is actually made.
    My Hacking Skills: Mapping, basic scripting, numerous tools such as YAPE and Advanced Trainer etc.
    What Help I'm Looking For: Scripting, Tilesets, Spriting, Music
    Email: [email protected]

Shedinjalvl20

Brad the fab
    Years
    • Age 24
    • oahu
    • Seen Sep 3, 2016
    Hack Name: Pokemon Rule Of The Ancients
    Hack Of: Pokemon FireRed
    Information About The Hack: I got this pokemon idea when I was mix spriting pokemon, it was literally my second sprite ever, and I was like, wow... THAT LOOKS LIKE A FABULOUS POKEMON.... then I was like, oh nvm, it looks like an ancient pokemon XD. This pokemon takes place where you have amnesia, and you wake up in a small house, everyone seems to know you, but they seem to be hiding something, you walk into a cave and all of a sudden, you are in the past.... hehe.. I couldn't really think of a background.. I like it
    Finished Percentage: MUAHAHAHA I HAVE A REALLY GHETTO STORY OFF THE TOP OF MY HEAD!!!!!! but only a few sprites are made.....
    My Hacking Skills: I can make basic sprites and use advanced map, yape, and other spriting programs, but not UnLz, I need someone for that... OH HEY!!!! THAT GOES DOWN THERE!!!!
    What Help I'm Looking For I NEED ANYTHING YOU COULD POSSIBLY THINK OF THATS RELATED TO ROM HACKING WITH POKEMON, EVEN MORAL SUPPORT

Years
  • Hack name: Pokémn Shadow Uprising
    Hack of: Pokémon Fire Red
    Information about the hack: Kanto is in great danger. Ghost/Dark Pokémon have taken control over the Kanto region, with their HQ in Lavender Town. And you are a soldier in the army. You live in Pallet Town (Which is called Fort Pallet), which is one of the ''safe'' towns in Kanto, together with your best friend. Lt. Surge is the leader of the army. You and your friend are given the the task to head to head to Lavender town and defeat the leader, the powerfull Ghost, which has a special abillity called Curse. With the abillity the Ghost is unstoppable and cannot be defeated. Only with the Master ball, the ultimate catching device, you can catch Ghost and take him to Fort Paller and make sure he is defeated for ever. But the problem is, where is the Master ball? But that's not all! You also need to defeat the gym leaders of every town to make sure the towns are safe! The Leaders are under control of the Ghost, since he Mastered their bodies. When finished, you and your friend have a special bonus to wait for!
    Finished percentage: 0-1%
    Your hacking skills: Making the storyline
    What help or skill you're looking for: Scripting, Desinging and adding new pokémon
    Additional contact information: You can add me on skype: noelson123. When we gatered some people, we can make a group which we communicate with
    Additional information: I could use all the help I can get!

Last edited:

SBDavid

SwagBroDavid
    Years
  • Hack name: Pokemon Aqua Doom
    Hack of: Pokemon Ruby
    Information about the hack: You went on a field trip to Mossdeep City and Prof. Birch sent you to explore the beach with your rand new wailmer suddenly it starts raining and thundering and kyogre appears and makes everything underwater but you have wailmer so he saves you and you think you're the only alive and your goal is to fix the disturbition between Articuno Zapdos and Moltres to fix the harmony with Lugia and Calm down Kyogre and awake groudon to wake Rayquaza and put everything like it ws before.
    Finished percentage: 0%
    Your hacking skills: Sprite Making
    What help or skill you're looking for: Scripter , People who work with scripts without crashing the game , Someone that works with something essential for the game.
    Additional contact information: Skype: PokeShaymin00
    Additional information: WE REALLY NEED A SCRIPTER ;-;

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 7, 2021
    Hack name:
    //Pokemon--> Delta Pyrite

Hack of:
    //Pokemon--> Fire Red

Information about the hack:
    //A new organization known as Team Delta (Mad Scientist who experiment with pokemon DNA and alter a pokemons type making a fire type blaistoise or even a water type venusaur) has partnered with team rocket in order for both of them to progress in their research. Overtime, however, Team Delta has grown in numbers and resources and has in fact run Team Rocket out of business, running them out of their own hideouts. Now you as the hero must partner up with Team Rocket in order to defeat Team Delta and save the world from their Ultimate plan.

Finished percentage:
    //10%

Your hacking skills:
    //I am still in the learning process so you have to bare with me please ^^

What help or skill you're looking for:
    //Spriting, Scripting, Mapping, Graphics, Etc

Additional contact information:
    //PM Me On Here OR Email Me @ [email protected] OR Skype Me @ Ovojonnie

Additional information:
    //Any who joins my team I will gladly appreciate it. I am just a new up and coming hacker and would appreciate assistance from anyone both experienced and inexperienced.

Years
  • Hack name: PokeScape
    Hack of: FireRed
    Information about the hack: The hack is a mashup of Pokemon and Runescape. The storyline is based around the lore in Runescape not being exact but close enough with some interesting twists. The objective of this game in short is to collect godsword shards but in order to get em all you must play the story.
    Finished percentage: 5%?
    Your hacking skills: I am fairly new, but am picking up really fast. I would say I am almost out of the noobieness. Mind you I am a noob in general. lol..
    What help or skill you're looking for: I am looking for someone to help me make some sprites, I've made a few myself but its very time consuming and Im not the best at it. I'd prefer to spend time coding. :)
    Additional contact information: You can PM on the forums or contact me via skype.
    Additional information:

Bobsomeness

Pure Bobsomeness
    Years
  • Hack name: Pokemon Throne
    Hack of: Pokemon Emerald
    Information about the hack:
    You are a twelve year old boy who lives in the Threnus Region, one of the biggest and wealthiest regions in the world. Scattered along it's surface are volcanoes, deserts, tundras, ruins, rainforests, you name it. It is home to the largest mountain range in the world, one that is even bigger than Sinnoh! There are seven major lakes, not including Argentum Swamp, which is the biggest body of water in the region. So, you wake up one day and get a phone call from Professor Prism, the most famous professor of Vulcan University, the biggest college in the world. The professor calls you to his office and warns you of a terrible danger lurking in the region, and that you are the only one who can stop it. She describes that this world has a thin web surrounding it, with the strings made with space and time itself. Long ago, a group of people discontent with the world locked themselves in a lab and worked to create a machine that could literally rip this web apart. After saying this equips you with a pokemon and kicks you out of the office, saying there is no time to lose. With barely any warning or knowledge of the outside world, you are thrust into the streets to fend for yourself-and save the world-with only a pokemon by your side.

Finished percentage: Around 2% (I finished a few maps and did some other stuff here and there)
    Your hacking skills: Not much, I can do map editing, pokemon editing, and really, really, basic scripting.
    What help or skill you're looking for:
    Scripting and Tile Editing-Like I said, I know only basic scripting and might need help with complicated events. As for tile editing, I need snow, desert, and lava tiles.

Contact Info: The PokeCommunity Chat I made a private room called pokemon throne

Years
  • Hack name: Pokemon: Hireath
    Hack of: Emerald
    Information about the hack: Will come up with a detailed plot as i go, but heres the gist of it; The region is called Zenna, everyone is competing for fame and glory while you sit on the sidelines in a small town that nobody ever remembers. You live on a farm, and watch from afar as people your age go out and have become trainers while you stay at home. Your parents would never allow you to go out into the world as other parents do, so you dream every day of having your own team. Then one day, the Zenna league champion comes through the town. Everyone is eager to meet her. Everyone crowds around her and you join them. As she speaks, her Lucario notices you out of everyone. He approaches you and nods off to the champion. Her lucario can see potential in you. She decides to be your mentor, letting you choose 1 of 3 pokemon, and mentoring you to become a pokemon trainer. Your parents finally accept that you want to become a trainer, and send you off. However, as you and the champion are training one day, her Lucario is kindapped by a new group of bandits. Team Rising. You and the champion set off on a quest to bring her Lucario back, but upon rescuing him, you two discover something bigger than you two imagined... They have captured the legendary pokemon, Arceus. Along with it, many other legendary pokemon. What are they planing to do with these powerful creatures? You'll just have to find out...
    Your hacking skills: Beginner
    Finished Percentage: 0%
    What help or skill you're looking for: Alright, i know i threw everyone off at the "0%, beginner" part, but hear me out- I'm new to this as you can obviously tell. I'm looking for a dedicated person/group to help me with the basics of rom hacking. I need guidance, and support. I want more than anything to create a rom hack like no other, with an emotional aspect to it that no other hacks have. I want the player to become attached to this hack, and in order to do that i need dedicated people. I'm willing to let this project run on for over a year if it comes to it, but after spending two years looking and waiting for a good rom hack to come out I've finally decided to create my own. Please, if you're willing to help me bring this hack to life i'm sure it'll become a popular and successful rom that everyone will want to play.
    Additional contact information: Skype: Zeranocare. Kik: Zeranocare
    Additional information: Thank you for your time <3

Years
    • Age 43
    • Seen Nov 1, 2017
    Hack name: Shadow Red
    Hack of: Fire Red (No way!)
    Information about the hack: So basically because many of us out there love Fire Red (me included) so I don't want to change the story line or the main theme of the game, all I wanted to do with this hack was add in what I thought was possibly one of the coolest things in Pokemon ever, shadow pokemon! (And Delta Pokemon)
    At the moment it's simply a concept for shadow legendaries (already done, added into map as event, sprites all completed) but I'm open to suggestions! The main things are encounters such as Shadow Mew (XD-000) Shadow Lugia, Shadow Celebi and Jirachi, and Shadow Groudon. Also Delta Pokemon like Milotic and other unique encounters throughout Kanto region to enhance the experience. The starters have also been retyped (and in some cases recolored) to give them a little bit more of a niche (regular Charizard is fire/dragon-finally)
    I want to maybe add in a few quests here and there that have unique rewards.
    Finished percentage: A little bit more than 50% (All shadow legends done, just need to add in over worlds and script in item/egg giving events)
    Your hacking skills: Spriting (Battle sprites only), G3HS, A-Map, YAPE, basic PKSV
    What help or skill you're looking for: I need someone who can edit and insert overworld sprites (I can't do that at all) as Fire Red doesn't have overworld sprites for pokemon such as Jirachi. The other shadow legends also need their overworld sprites edited which is unfortunately beyond my capabilities. Any other skills such as scripting or adding in moves or titlescreen editing or anything really is welcome as well.
    Additional contact information: Pm me if interested and we can discuss
    Additional information: Hope this idea interests some people!

FsaterThanDark

Professional Weirdo
    Years
  • Hack name: Pokemon Copper

Hack of: Fire Red (English)
    Information about the hack: New region, new Pokemon, New Adventure!

Finished percentage: 25%

My hacking skills: Moderate (unskilled with HEX related things)

What help or skill I'm looking for: Overworld (Town) Map Change. I already have the map drawn out.

Additional contact information: you can PM me here (forgive me if I dont get back to you soon) or email me at [email protected]
    If you Email me please make sure to put a subject, I get a lot of spam! (no idea where it comes from...)

Additional information: I have the new Pokemon added and have edited several moves, (get ready to SPLASH attack!) as well as developed a story line for the region and its important characters. With college classes and my upcoming volunteer work I haven't been able to devote as much time to this as I wanted (i also lost steam around new years)
    Also, If you can teach me how or give me a guide to changing the over world map effectively I will gladly take it (preferably with visuals)
    The guides I find online are oh so confusing ;_;

Years
  • Hack name: Legion of the Primes
    Hack of: Emerald
    Finished percentage: 25% (jst remapped some cities,add sprites up to oras and cap pokes, addition of new characters, new trainer pokemons and their movesets, worked with a bit of intro ed etc.)
    Hacking skills : Good enough. used almost all hacking softs succesfully. Just a little lazy and short of time.
    What help or skill I'm looking for: jst a bit of asistance as i dont have much free time, and i need someone skilled in adding some animations and sound,main title screen editing.(well mainly someone gd in graphics design.)
    Information about the hack: mail me ([email protected]) if u are interested and u will learn the summary of the plot there.

Have A Nice Day ;)

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Jun 23, 2018
    Hack name:Pokemon ash adventure
    Hack of:Fire red
    Hacking skills
    Our hack team has all skills mapping ,addting,scripting ,music we have all skills member in our team
    What help or skill I'm looking for:
    We are looking for script editor because our script adding islittle bit weak.
    Hack completed %: 3%

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Sep 7, 2015
    Hack name: Pokemon Clover
    Hack of: Firered with Mr.Dollsteak's Decap/attack rombase
    Information about the hack: We are the 4chan-based romhack currently in the progressing threads section, all relevant infomation can be found in our thread.
    Finished percentage: ~25%
    Your hacking skills: Edting text, inserting pokemon data, light scripting (still learning XSE), however my development team also covers spriting, graphics insertion, XSE scripting, and light-advance mapping.
    What help or skill you're looking for: WE ARE IN NEED OF MAPPERS! We are looking for people who can use Advance Map! (Other minor jobs that are needed are scripters and people that can use sappy, those that PM me wanting to do these jobs need to know it will be a while before they are needed, a few months tops)
    Additional contact information: Please either PM me or send me an email at [email protected]
    Additional information: More info can be found in our Progressing Hacks thread

Op6

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    Hack name: Pokemon Pea Soup Green (Development Name)
    Hack of: Pokemon Fire Red
    Information about the hack: A parody version of fire red done so that there is an actual story still instead of the usual "Parody that is riddled with profanity and random text". It aims to catch you off guard and contain small nods to everything from tv to youtube clips, to everything in between. This mod has been in development for a month or so in my spare time with myself alone being the only contributor. I wish to add some flare and style to the title screens and music and am looking for a team to do just that and more!. I have lurked on the forums for a while but just now decided to come forth to try and assemble a team! Aimed completion goal is end of the year or early next year!
    Finished percentage: Text 33% Done (1st Draft)
    Your hacking skills: Minimal. Text I can do but I cant quite grasp edits on the rest of the game. Hence why I am looking for a team to help!
    What help or skill you're looking for:Title Screen Editors (Text and Sprite). Music editors and creators. Custom sprite creators. Custom sprite placement (A Wild Pokemon Encounter)
    Additional contact information: If interested hit me up at [email protected] with the subject line "Pea Soup". We can move forth from there!

Years
  • Hack Name: Pokemon Burning Pride
    Hack Of: Pokemon Fire Red
    Information about the hack: This is my very first hack I have been working on it a lot and I really would like to see it complete. Anybody who helps me has equal say in the matter and what we do with the hack.
    Finished Percentage: Barely Started.
    My Hacking skills : Mapping Changing Pokemon Stats and abilities and changing the title screen
    What help or skill you're looking for : Anything mainly I really and truly need some experienced Scripters and text editiors and I need people who can help create and insert different tiles and pokemon all the way up to gen 6 OrAs and mega's.
    Additional contact information : VM/PM me on here or email me at [email protected]

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    Hack Name: Pokemon Hierarchy Version
    Hack Of: Pokemon Emerald
    Information: My first hack and has all regions including a new one
    Finished Percentage: 1%
    My hacking Skills: Mapping And scripting
    Contact Information: [email protected]

ARKA9

The evolved police dog.
    Years
  • Hack name: Pokemon Clash Of Clans version
    Hack of: What you know as Pokemon Fire Red
    Information about the hack: The hack is a mixture of Pokemon and Clash of Clans. (to know about COC follow this link.) You play as a "clasher" and you have to become a "Clash Master". Pokemon would be edited into attacks and defenses (such as archers, barbarians, giants, hogs, mortars, air sweepers, etc.) alongwith new movesets. Goblin town will be added as
    bonus chapters. Much more....
    Finished percentage:Since i believe to have a team so i haven't started yet...... indirectly 0% :p
    Your hacking skills: Well, I am good at small kinda scripting and mapping. I have a big collection of tools and i know how to use them (almost all of them!!)
    What help or skill you're looking for:I am looking for the people who know these things:-
    1. Spriting
    2. Mapping
    3. Title Screen editing
    4. Resizing a ROM
    5. Tile Map editing
    6. Text Editing (i could do that but my antivirus says that it is a virus)

You can also contact me if you are good at other stuff. A little help would also be appreciated!!
    Additional contact information: You can PM me or contact me at [email protected]

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen May 31, 2015
    Hack name:Pokemon Fallout Red (Work in progress title)
    Hack of:Fire red
    Hack Info: 15 years have passed since the incident that was supposedly caused by Bill the PokeFanatic the region is just now getting pokemon to habitat the areas they use to, you start as a 12 year old boy setting out on his new adventure of becoming an Elite 4 champion, however you over hear a team rocket member talk about forcing Bill to kill all pokemon again, and your journey changes and you set out to stop Team Rocket before they can finish their plans, while also beating gyms and later the Elite Four.
    Hacking skills
    My skills include Mapping, Writing, some scripting (not much), and barely any spriting
    What help or skill I'm looking for:
    I am looking for a script writer, a spriter, and anything else will also help!
    Hack completed %: 1%-2%
    Contact: Kik me (CapnMOFOCrunch) or PM me. I will answer more quickly on Kik

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back