• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Red/Blue Monotype Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years
  • i just came across my old blue version and noticed that my sister restarted it apparently, but got bored after receiving her starter, saved it, and turned it off. WTF!!!

anyways i'll do a bug monotype courtesy of random.org :P

Mattysaurus

Take it slow, braaah
    Years
  • 1st Update

Named myself Matt and rival Blurple.
    Chose Bulbasaur for a slave.
    Delivered the parcel.
    Captured Pidgey, Spearow, and Rattata.
    Trained in Viridian Forest.
    Beat Brock.
    Saved.

Pokemon:

Spearow Lv: 9
    -Peck
    -Growl
    -Leer

Pidgey Lv:10
    -Gust
    -Sand Attack

Rattata Lv:9
    -Qiuck Attack
    -Tackle
    -Tail Whip

Years
  • Time for an update :

- I started my adventure on pokémon red
    - Prof. Oak gave me a Bulbasaur
    - I defeated my rival in the lab
    - I delivered the package to Prof. Oak
    - Prof. Oak gave me and my rival a Pokédex
    - I bought some pokéballs and caught a Nidoran ( male )
    - I putted Bulbasaur in the box
    - I trained Nidoran to lvl.10
    - I defeated my rival ( with his Pidgey lvl.9 and a Charmander lvl.8 )
    - I went trough viridian forest and defeated some bug catchers
    - I trained Nidoran until he was lvl 16
    - Nidoran evolved into a Nidorino
    - I defeated the Pewter Gymleader Brock ( with his Geodude lvl.12 and his onix lvl.14 )
    - Brock gave me TM 34 ( Bide )

Team for now :
    Nidorino lvl.16

Now I am going for the second badge in cerulean !

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
    Years

How interesting... Only Fan King (Jeebes, wth is your name now!?) is doing water types?

Sign me up for water! On blue version, of course :D

Edit (Progress Update):
    I don't believe I have to wait for approval... So I'm not going to ^_^. Here's part one of my log:

The Adventures of Speedy Gonzales (Part 1):

* Started a new game
    * Named myself zzwzqzr and my rival Zieg
    * Chose... Metapod *shot* Squirtle as my starter and named it Dart
    * Travelled to Viridian City (w/o a single wild encounter!) to get Oak's Paracel
    * Returned, via Route 1 and trained Dart to level 11.
    * Gave Oak his paracel and got my Pokedex
    * Saved in front of my house

Current Party:

Squirtle/Dart- Level 11
    -Bubble
    -Tail Whip
    -Tackle

Last edited:

Mattysaurus

Take it slow, braaah
    Years
  • 2nd Update

Got though Mt. Moon but not before catching a Clafairy.
    Trained abit and beat Blurple.
    Beat Nugget Bridge and helped Bill.
    Beat Misty's Waters.
    Saved.

Pokemon:

Fearow Lv: 20
    -Peck
    -Growl
    -Leer
    -Fury Attack

Pidgeotto Lv:19
    -Gust
    -Sand Attack
    -Quick Attack
    -Whirlwind

Raticate Lv:21
    -Qiuck Attack
    -Hyper Fang
    -Dig
    -BubbleBeam

Clefairy Lv:21
    -Mega Punch
    -Thunder Wave
    -Doubleslap
    -Sing
    (When should I evolve her??)

PlatniumPiano

Years
  • Update:
    Well, I did it. Yes, I bought Mystery Man's Magikarp. How did this turn out? Keep reading...

Why Gyarados is Awesome (Part 2):
    Trained Dart to level 13 on route 24
    Slaughtered my Rival, Zieg.
    Travelled through the Viridian Forest, but not before evolving Dart ^_^
    Arrived in Pewter City
    Defeated Brock, the Rock type gym leader, and got my Boulder Badge!
    Travelled west until I reached that bunch of traniers (there's a lot, isn't there?)
    Arrived at the Mt. Moon Poke-Center
    Bought a Magikarp from MAN (lvl 5) and named it Jormungand
    Bait and switched Jormungand (PAIN) to level 15
    Trained Jormungand to level 20 and evolved him into Gyarados
    Entered Mount Moon
    Cleared out Team Rocket from Mount Moon
    Chose the Dome Fossil (should make a good addition to my team) from the Super Nerd
    Exited Mount Moon into Route iforget (LOL)
    Arrived at Cruelean
    Defeated the nugget bridge, my rival, and Misty to get my Cascade Badge.
    Exited Cerulean and arrived at Vermillion City!
    Saved the game in Vermillion

Current Party:

Wartortle/Dart (LVL 29)
    -Bite
    -Tail Whip
    -Bubble
    -Water Gun

Gyarados/Jormungand (LVL 26)
    -Tackle
    -Dragon Rage
    -Water Gun
    -Bite

Mattysaurus

Take it slow, braaah
    Years
  • 3rd Update

Went to the Underground.
    Trained some.
    Trained some more.
    Scrubbed the deck with Blurple's Pokemon.
    Helped the Cap'n.
    Evolved Clefairy.
    Defeated the Army of Lt.Surge.
    Saved.

Pokemon:

Fearow Lv: 24
    -Peck
    -Growl
    -Leer
    -Fury Attack

Pidgeotto Lv:25
    -Gust
    -Sand Attack
    -Quick Attack
    -Whirlwind

Raticate Lv:25
    -ThunderBolt
    -Hyper Fang
    -Dig
    -BubbleBeam

Clefable Lv:25
    -Mega Punch
    -Thunder Wave
    -BodySlam
    -Sing
    (Chose to evolve her)

Years
  • Okay, I started a monotype challenge yesterday on Yellow, which I assume is okay. I'll give a brief recount of my journey so far.

Archer's
    Red/Blue Monotype Challenge!

Journey Recount So Far...

Began my journey.
    Player Name: Archer
    Rival Name: Dukey

I began my epic tale by acquiring a Pikachu from my supposed mentor, Professor Oak, who had the original intention of giving me an Eevee, although it wouldn't matter; I proceeded to venture into the depths of Viridian Forest, where I came face-to-face with my first slimy specimin - Caterpie. I captured it withing a Pokeball after skillfully paralysing it and weakening it with a well-placed Thundershock. It gained the ever-so appropriate nickname of Apocalypse to reflect it's true hidden potential.

After vigorous training in the infamous Route 1, with hours of trips back to the Pokemon Centre to heal it's Scratches (pun intended), it rose through the levels and became a Metapod, and hours later, an incredible Butterfree.

I proceeded through Viridian Forest and through Route 3 into the well-worn Pewter City. I made sure to take a trip to the Pokemon Centre, mainly to heal my PP, which was a good representation of the effortless slaughter it brought on for the wandering amateurs that resided there. After that, I wasted no time in discovering the many secrets of the city, but instead hastened my pace towards the Gym - this path needed no introduction to me; I had travelled it before. As I heaved open the heavy marble door, iconic of what lay in store on the other side, I felt the adrenaline rushing though my veins. In true warrior style, I took to the gym in a single run. I overcame Sandshrews and Geodudes alike, as if they were just steps towards me goal. With little hesitation, I proceded to take on this area's Leader - Brock.

To increase my chances of getting through unscathed, my opening move was to paralyse the opposing Geodude with a stunning spore, which ironically goes by the perplexing name of Stun Spore. I took my time with two waves of Confusion, which were enough to take it down. Onix, which was intimidating in size to my formidable butterfly, was something that needed to be taken out fast. I took no chance trying to cripple it, but went straight in for the kill. It's Bide proved to be in vain, as my first Confusion took of more that half of it's vitality. I moved in for the kill with a decisive Confusion. Brock was shocked, but was quick to congratulate me. After a few short words, he exclaimed - "Oh! Take this - you really deserve it", with a impressed grin still lingering on his face. "Thanks, I'll come back and show you the other seven when I'm done." On that note, I left out the front door, awaiting the path ahead of me. My journey begins...

The Team...

This team will only include the Bugs I'm using to battle. HM slaves and anything else will be excluded to save time. ...and from what you can see from above I'm good at that.

Butterfree - Level 16
    ~ Confusion
    ~ Tackle
    ~ Stun Spore
    ~ Sleep Powder

Other Notes...

I'm actually much further than this, but I sort of got carried away with the story and can't be bothered writing more, so I'm going to space them out. Tell me if you think the recount is a waste of time, I'm not going to spend ages crafting it if it's just taking up space. I guess you can VM me with anything about this, as it might clog the thread. :D Thanks for your time.

PlatniumPiano

Years
  • ^Crap. I'm shown up. Lol nice writing, I'mna have to try some of that. I would do an update, but I haven't tried to beat Erika yet... have you ever done a bug type challenge before? Because that seems extremely hard lol

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • Well, I suppose I'll be taking part in this, although I'm not quite started yet, so I'm just posting to say for now.

I guess I'll be doing the Bug type along with Archer, due to Butterfree being the best Pokemon ever. ;)

PlatniumPiano

Years
  • Part 3!

Before Reading You Should Know...
    That this is not by any means a full account. I omitted the grinding and Rock Tunnel because... well they're both equally boring ^_^ Also, Mew=Best HM Slave

So what I have I been up to latley? (Part 3):
    Nothing interesting really. When I finally arrived in Vermillion, I had thoughts of Surge's Raichu pwning my team. So I decided to eat all of the trainers by Diglett's Cave. I still thought that my team would be no where near strong enough to defeat him. Fourtunatley, this was not the case, as I handed a big can of FACE to Surge as his Raichu lay flat on the ground. Most of this was accomplished by Dart's tank-like epicness. And Bite. Glad that was finished quickly. I knew now that with the Thunder Badge in my hand, it was time for the dreaded Rock ------------------------- arrived in Lavender Town, and beat a couple of pansy's by the tower. I walked into route 8, I realized... Hey... I hate Bellsprout as an HM slave. And since he can't fly, I'm going to have to catch another worthelss waste of space. I quickly realized the remedy for this situation- Mew. So, like the lighting that my team hates dearly, I stormed off into Celadon, and acquired Fly from the little girls house (note to self... barge into houses more often). I paid the guard his water, and began the Mew Glitch. After catching the little guy with one great ball, I proceeded to dump everyone else off and teach Mew cut and fly. He's pretty much going to be the only HM slave I'm going to have from now on. But, with a party of three- one of which I cannot use- I needed another Pokemon. Now, you may be wondering why I did not pick up Eevee in Celadon? Simple. Vaporeon is too great of a Pokemon, and therefore makes the game easy and stale. I could wipe out all of Kanto with it's Hydro Pump. Since I want this to be somewhat difficult and rewarding, I scratched the idea of Vaporeon and instead went for a weaker specimin with an awful special stat- Krabby. But, to obtain Krabby, I need to have a Super Rod. And to get a Super Rod I need to clear fatty Snorlax out of the way. And to clear fatty Snorlax out of the way I need a Pokeflute. I think you know where this is going. In order to get Krabby, I need to take a trip to the game corner.

So, why not? I arrived at the Celadon game corner, and noticed a not suspicious man standing by a poster. Why don't we shoot the breeze with this fine fellow? Unfourtunatley, he did not seem happy to see me (most likely lost at the slots big time), and proceeded to attack me. I do not hold back when I fight, even the most pitiful Raticate deserves to be slaughtered justly. Jormungand quickly took care of that. He left, so I decided- for no apparent reason- to look behind his poster. And low and behold, there was a switch. Eh, let's press it, see what's up. Just like that, a portion of the wall collapsed (though I seemed to be the only one that noticed)! I quickly went to investigate, and upon entering the decrepit wall, I was engulfed by a high pitched 8-bit song. Kind of catchy, if you ask me. Team Rocket was down here, so they must not be up to any good. I explored the hideout, and eventually found Giovanni, at which point I began to laugh at his low-level rock types. And then beat them into the ground. Giovanni did not seem flustered however, and he left in a poof of magical black screen. But he also left a Silph Scope. Heh heh. I took this Scope and found my way into Pokemon Tower, where I thrashed Zieg, and calmed Cubone's mother. Why she is so distraught and angry I have no idea. It turned out that Team Rocket was up there again... I don't know why, but they were. I ended up saving some old guy, Mr. Fuji, and he presented me with a PokeFlute. I now had all that I needed to get Snorlax out of the way. So I did just that. Well, I caught him, but whatever! I almost had my Super Rod. Walking south and west a few steps, I entered the fishing guru's house. He gave me a Super Rod, which I used to fish. Alas, I went through many a Goldeen and Magikarp before chancing upon that little crab. The first time, Jormungand defeated him accidentally with a Dragon Rage, but a couple of bites later, I had snagged a Krabby in a great ball. After much consideration, I decided to name him... Lobster.

Original. Awesome. Fruity.

My New Party!
    Gyarados/Jormungand

Level 40
    -Tackle
    -Dragon Rage
    -Bite
    -Water Gun

Blastoise/Dart

Level 41
    -Water Gun
    -Withdraw
    -Bubble
    -Bite

Krabby/Lobster

*Image Not Available*

Level 15
    -Bubble
    -Leer

Ben.

Orange I s l a n d s~
    Years
  • finsed the gae doing the pl using charizrd flaron ponta growtine go to final pokemon using stuggle easy:P now to gold

Mattysaurus

Take it slow, braaah
    Years
  • 4th Update

Obtained HM Flash
    Traveled through Rock Tunnel
    Trained
    Booted the Rockets out of their own Hideout
    Beat Erika
    Saved

Pokemon:

Fearow Lv: 32
    -Peck
    -Double-Edge
    -Fly
    -Mirror Move

Pidgeotto Lv:33
    -Wing Attack
    -Swift
    -Razor Wing
    -Fly

Raticate Lv:32
    -ThunderBolt
    -Hyper Fang
    -Dig
    -BubbleBeam

Clefable Lv:33
    -Mega Punch
    -Thunder Wave
    -BodySlam
    -Ice Beam

Years
  • ^Crap. I'm shown up. Lol nice writing, I'mna have to try some of that. I would do an update, but I haven't tried to beat Erika yet... have you ever done a bug type challenge before? Because that seems extremely hard lol
    No, I haven't but I picked it because I knew it would be tough. :D

And on my 3rd day, I'm actually up to the Elite Four, but I'll need to do a bit of grinding, considering my team's all level 52. I just don't want to write it all down yet. :D

I'll be looking forward to your run, Ooka. I might update this with an update (lol), but I need to install some stuff first, as I'm in the process of changing over to a new laptop HDD.

EDIT: Update-aroonie neighbour :D
    Spoiler:
    I have intentions of continuing, I just need to make sure I don't lose this when my parents turn off the router. I realise that this is turning into more of a RP than a log, but whatever.

*posts, hopefully inducing suspense.*

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back