• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Red & Blue

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    I bet Red will keep his name.

but Blue I have doubts about.
    it may be turned to Gary, Green, Kaz, Toru

10 points to whoever got that joke.

I Got It! YAY!
    on subject- they might as well change it to green- in japan it was green, america was to lazy to change it to blue... soo..... yeaahh.... moving along...

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
    Wouldn't this go in the HG/SS SPECULATION THREAD?

>.> But nah, they probably won't change it. Blue is not Green because Green is the girl in FRLG, and blue is meant to be Gary, not a girl.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    I hope that they change it to green. And if this "Leaf" character shows up, I hope she is named Blue.

iwuzhere9

Ye Olde Doofus
    Years
    One thing I've wondered is if maybe if you play as Soul will you encounter Leaf at Mt. Silver as opposed to Red, it seems Farfetch'd but still, theres always a chance.

NO. GET OFF OF THESE FORUMS BEFORE A SNORLAX CRUSHES YOU!

/me goes searching for a Snorlax

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    One thing I've wondered is if maybe if you play as Soul will you encounter Leaf at Mt. Silver as opposed to Red, it seems Farfetch'd but still, theres always a chance.

You and your PokePuns...

I wish I could +rep you.

Lukum

MASTER OMEGA
    Years
    in japan, they have green version just like red & blue

so in japan they may have aqua blue or somtin

Last edited:

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    could'nt they Just rename him Gary ?
    I mean , he is actually Blue right ?

Gary: No, Gary is from the Animé which is based on the games not the other way round (apart from Yellow but even then that's a game, based on an animé, based on a game. Which is just confusing)
    Green: Possibly, I mean that's his name in Japan and this time Europe/America got Leaf Green aswell rather than ---- Blue, so.
    Blue: Probably, because that was his name in the translations and old fans may get confused.

Kyo Wolf

HG/SS Kanto Lover
    Years
    I always thought Green was the girl as well, because in the manga RB series his name was blue and the girls name was green but at some point between Yellow and GSC manga Blue and Greens names were switched around. I'd actually rather have it Blue but as to what they do, probably name him Green. :/

Edit: Also, with the Blue/Gary question, Gary was based off of blue I believe [Red/Blue WAS made before the anime I believe...], because in the Anime they couldn't have characters named after colors or something, but basically the same, except Gary was much more of a jerk in the anime then Blue in the game, kinda the same but, slightly different. To sum it up, its the same character but modified and changed to be different from the game.

Last edited:

Fishyman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • No.
    • Seen Sep 26, 2009
    What's with all this "stupid American dubbers/ I hope they change his name"?

I hope they keep it, being remakes of sequels to Red & Blue in which the rival's name was Blue, why would they change it.

"Oh hey, I know it's been 15 years, but should we change this dude's name so that all the little kids who wish they were Japanese will stop crying?"

Seems unlikely, since they haven't given you people a second thought before.

I'm now off to eat a jelly-filled donut.

zirico

M.C.F.C
    Years
    What's with all this "stupid American dubbers/ I hope they change his name"?

I hope they keep it, being remakes of sequels to Red & Blue in which the rival's name was Blue, why would they change it.

"Oh hey, I know it's been 15 years, but should we change this dude's name so that all the little kids who wish they were Japanese will stop crying?"

Seems unlikely, since they haven't given you people a second thought before.

I'm now off to eat a jelly-filled donut.

10 years, not 15... I don't see the point in this arguement because it is a remake so he most probably wll keep his origional name. And to be honest, does it reeeaaaaaaaly matter what he is called.

Last edited:
    Years
    I'm guessing Viridian is gonna be a whole new character or an old one.
    I don't think it will be Blue

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    Either way, the Gym Leader of the Viridian Gym will be RED's former rival, because that is what he was in the original GSC. I don't see why people are questioning that.

As for whether or not he will be named BLUE, I dunno. The Japanese first gen games were called Red/Green, the American first gen games were Red/Blue. The remakes on both sides went back to Red/Green. So I'd say there's a 3/4 chance of him being named GREEN, and a 1/4 chance of him being named BLUE.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    10 years, not 15... I don't see the point in this arguement because it is a remake so he most probably wll keep his origional name. And to be honest, does it reeeaaaaaaaly matter what he is called.

Are you mad!? Of course it matters!

If he were to be called anyting other than "Blue", than the english children wouldn't know what to think!

"Is he the same person?!", they would ask.

And then people would create debates as to what his name really is. Children would be rioting in the streets calling out their name of choice, while the opposing side(s) would rush into battle to defend the name that they had for so long recognized their rival.

However, if he was called anything other than "Green", the Pokemon Purists and the Japanese wouldn't know how to react.

Many people would be confused and wondering what happened to the much despised rival from years ago and a region away!

The debates would be worldwide and fights would break out in the streets. People crying the name "GREEN GREEN GREEN!" as they ran into the fights now taking place throughout the whole world.

The world as we know it would cease to exist. The peole devided into two groups, the BLUES and the GREENS. Wars would be fought to honor the name of the Viridian Gym leader. The Pokemon community would no longer be a loving people, but that which ran things by war and violence.

For the love of all that is Pokemon, we must decide on a name NOW.

zirico

M.C.F.C
    Years
    Either way, the Gym Leader of the Viridian Gym will be RED's former rival, because that is what he was in the original GSC. I don't see why people are questioning that.

As for whether or not he will be named BLUE, I dunno. The Japanese first gen games were called Red/Green, the American first gen games were Red/Blue. The remakes on both sides went back to Red/Green. So I'd say there's a 3/4 chance of him being named GREEN, and a 1/4 chance of him being named BLUE.

Duhhhhhhhh!!!! Thank you Captain Obvious!

Are you mad!? Of course it matters!

If he were to be called anyting other than "Blue", than the english children wouldn't know what to think!

"Is he the same person?!", they would ask.

And then people would create debates as to what his name really is. Children would be rioting in the streets calling out their name of choice, while the opposing side(s) would rush into battle to defend the name that they had for so long recognized their rival.

However, if he was called anything other than "Green", the Pokemon Purists and the Japanese wouldn't know how to react.

Many people would be confused and wondering what happened to the much despised rival from years ago and a region away!

The debates would be worldwide and fights would break out in the streets. People crying the name "GREEN GREEN GREEN!" as they ran into the fights now taking place throughout the whole world.

The world as we know it would cease to exist. The peole devided into two groups, the BLUES and the GREENS. Wars would be fought to honor the name of the Viridian Gym leader. The Pokemon community would no longer be a loving people, but that which ran things by war and violence.

For the love of all that is Pokemon, we must decide on a name NOW.

I sence a bit of sarcasm, I like you. He'll look the same, so I don't really care, I'll just whup him anyway.

I know what you mean though the world as we know it we be ruined, it would be a cruel.....and dark place. Or it would just EXPLODE!

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    As long as he's not renamed "Gary" like many n00bs suggest, then I don't care if he's still named Blue or corrected to Green. ^_^;

zirico

M.C.F.C
    Years
    As long as he's not renamed "Gary" like many n00bs suggest, then I don't care if he's still named Blue or corrected to Green. ^_^;

I don't think its noobish as you dont see people named after colours very often, and the succes of the anime might tempt them to changed his name to Gary. I wouldn't like it but it could happen.

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
    I'm laughing at all of you right now. You REALLY think they are going to change his name to Green? Green is the girl in FRLG, and Gary is the Anime counterpart, and they have never used Anime names before.

END OF STORY.

Back