• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Red Gyarados?

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    I'm fairly sure that the Red Gyarados will make a reappearance in the story of HGSS because, as many others have said, it plays a role in the original story. However, I think they make it noncatchable because of the rarity that has been associated with shinies over the last two generations.

Arguably, the advent of the PokéRadar means that shinies are not as rare/valuable as they once were. =/

But yes, I still believe thet our old buddy Red Gyarados will be in the remakes. If he isn't, I shall be majorly dissapointed.

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2009
    Well it will definately reappear, its level will be dependant on whether or not Kanto is once again included in the game, which I'm assuming its not. Red Gyarados was level 30 because Johto was very fast paced, because there were 2 of everything, and the gym leaders had low levels, etc. I predict it will be 30 with kanto, 47 without.

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2009
    ...why do you assume kanto won't be included? That was a HUGE MAJOR part of the originals, they wouldn't get rid of it.

Yes it was, but there are quite a few factors that regulate whether or not it will be included, like how much extra stuff they add to the remake, say they spiff out Big Catching contests, add contest halls, increase different Pokemon, add a Safarai Zone in Johto, add more wild Pokemon, maybe have something like The Battle Frontier or the Islands in FireRed/LeafGreen. They add something like the islands to replace Kanto, they could add more to the Johto section.

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    Oh, you'll be able to get him for sure. That was a major part in the plot of the game. He'll probably be very similar to te original :)

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I usually dispise Gyarados, but the Shiny is just remarkable. I would more than likely believe it'll be back to play its part in the story once again.

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
    Yeah they will probably keep Red Gyrados in. I personally never used it though because it didn't fit in. As others have suggested a new move or move set to set it apart would be nice.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    It will more than likely it'll show up again. This time though, I'll be prepared to catch the right nature of it, just in case I plan to use it in WiFi.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    The Red Gyarados is like a massive oppotunity for those who are unlucky in getting a random Shiny on their side.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I am pretty sure the red Gyrados will still be there. It's something in the game that is wanted by many, and I don't see a reason why Nintendo would leave it out unless they have a plan.

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2009
    Why would they? Its an important part to the plot of the game, almost crucial. Theres no reason to leave it out.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    I think they'll at least try to put it in. The only problem I believe they;ll encounter is how to make the Gyarados appear. Its not as easy as it was in Gen II. They have to find away to by-pass that stupid calculation thing they put in Gen III that made Shinies harder to find and impossible to to encounter in an event.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    As all have said, it is more than likely the R. Gayarados will be part of the game because of its twist with the plot.

Though, it wasn't Gen. III that started shinies, it was really Gen. II, so they should have no problem with it at all.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2012
    I think it will be lvl 40
    And it will have the attacks:
    1. Hydro Pump
    2. Dragon Rage
    3. Twister
    4. Bite

MFG

Back