• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Red Gyarados?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    @Killerjockel: It could be level 40, but what level was the Gyrados before?

I am pretty sure it'll have dragon rage. At least I hope it does.

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2016
    I think you have to defeat it, and can't catch it. How does this sound?
    "Gold used the Ultra Ball! The raging Gyarados dodged it!"
    Something Nintendo may do to keep Gyarados a rare shiny.

Kayahtic

Dark Trainer
    Years
    I think so, I dont see why they would take it out. But then everyone will have a shiny Gyrados, and it wont be rare anymore. ;[
    And as for shinys go, I dont like to count the red shiny Gyrados as a shiny, because everyone gets it. <.<

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Why make it uncatchable now, when it was catchable before? It just doesn't make any sense...

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    @Killerjockel: It could be level 40, but what level was the Gyrados before?

I am pretty sure it'll have dragon rage. At least I hope it does.
    Gyarados was level 30 in the original games.

If it still had the default moves then it would have: Bite, Dragon Rage, Leer and Twister.

I really want the new games to have the Red Gyarados. It was one of those things that set back G/S/C from the others. You never know with Pokemon though.

Years
    I have heard that it is uncatchable, so that makes shiny hunters sad, but also pleases those who dislike the ease of gaining this shiny. I hope it is catchable, but I think the rumor concerning Mewtwo and the Birds make up for this. It could go either way, without my care.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    They should add a green Gyarados.

If the game doesn't follow the same storyline as the original G/S/C (and is in the future, respective to those games), then there will be no Red Gyarados. I think that would be best, since Gyarados' sprite isn't cool anymore.

Last edited:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    They should add a green Gyarados.

If the game doesn't follow the same storyline as the original G/S/C (and is in the future, respective to those games), then there will be no Red Gyarados. I think that would be best, since Gyarados' sprite isn't cool anymore.

A green Gyarados? I couldn't even picture one, but I assume you are being sarcastic.

Yes and most likely the storyline will be with the red Gyarados because it goes along with Team Rocket.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I have heard that it is uncatchable, so that makes shiny hunters sad, but also pleases those who dislike the ease of gaining this shiny. I hope it is catchable, but I think the rumor concerning Mewtwo and the Birds make up for this. It could go either way, without my care.
    Where do you keep hearing all these rumors from? o_O Besides, the Red Gyarados being uncatchable rumor has been deemed false.

The Red Gyarados should be in the game, because its a main point of the plot. There's no reason that I can personally see to change its location/catchability rate. But then again, who can really say right now?

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    They should make the red gyarados true to its' nature.

Make it Lv15 with Splash, Flail, Bite, Dragon Rage.
    It was forced into its' evolution so being under leveled just helps the plot.

Years
    So far, quite a few people have said it might be 47.
    No.
    The game's mascots are the only.. How to put it.. Event-triggered Pokemon (as in you speak to them to initiate the battle) who are at level 47.
    This is seen in Ruby, Sapphire, Diamond, Pearl and Platinum. (FRLG have no signature legendaries, and Emerald kept Rayquaza at level 70). Gyarados is not a legendary, it's level will most likely remain the same, although perhaps pushed up to a higher level of 35 or 40. How many wild Pokemon level 47 do you meet before even the 7th Gym?? (Actually, there's Articuno and Zapdos in FRLG, although neither of them are compulsory battles). Exactly, you don't. So although levels of everything will be boosted (probably), Gyarados' level will not change drastically.
    Well i don't need to say now that i think Gyarados'll be included. The Red/Shining Gyarados looked awesome in DP (my friend cheats) and hopefully it will look similar.

TFN

Blastiose fan XD
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    Yeh I hope the Red Gyrados is in HG SS but it has the move Torment and a new move set would be sweet

Sweet Jasmine

s m i l e :)
    Years
    I Think Red Gyarados will be Included
    Because it's Remake >3
    Also I Hope that the Event/Script will be kinda New Like
    Changing the map a little bit >3 like adding some Flowers
    or Grass *giggles*
    ~Kawaii~

-Yasumin >3

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I think there is a high chance that the Gyarados will still be in the game just because of the fact Team Rocket's storyline includes it. I would want the Gyarados to be at least lv. 20 though.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    I think there is a high chance that the Gyarados will still be in the game just because of the fact Team Rocket's storyline includes it. I would want the Gyarados to be at least lv. 20 though.

hehe , use Super Rod in Lake Of Rage and You can get a Normal Gyarados Lv.20 . I tried it in my Silver

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Yes that is true, but it's an average level for the Gyarados. I don't really care what level it is though.

The red Gyarados is something I didn't catch because I fainted it and didn't shut off. >.> I would really like it to be in the game again so I could have it this time.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    I will Kill myself if I dont have that Gyarados. because of the IV Bonus back in GSC . It was A very powerful pokemon in my team way back in Silver :P . too bad they took away that bonus in RSE Release...

Translator

I want a blog.
    Years
    Even though HG/SS are remakes. I don't want them to remove the Red Gyarados mission. I think its level will be pretty much the same as before with little differences. :)

Back