• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Red vs. Lance

Agent Clank

Bye PC
Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    Red.
    He was the best fight,I ever had!
    I've only beat him once....and soon,I shall beat him again.

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
  • I'm not finished HG but i remember that in old Gold version Red was very strong (i hate is Pikachu!!!)
    Anyway i hope that he don't dissapoint me this time in Heart Gold because i want a epic battle (that's the reason for not grinding my team)

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
  • I have a rough battle with Lance and i decide that i'll not include some "helpful poke" in my team this time. I beat him with this guys:

Thyplosion - Poliwrath - Pupitar - Umbreon - Alakazam - Gengar

No TM, no medicines, only moves that they learn via level up and it was a pretty hard fight =), but i feel very pleased when i beat Lance.

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2012
    Red was more fun to fight against, Lance was just a pain to me :/

Years
  • I have to say I found Lance harder, I thought Red was fairly easy once you'd got his Pikachu out of the way. Both good battles though :)

Years
  • Couldn't beat Red on my last file. I got bored with training, so stupidly I started again. Lance... wasn't that hard. Gyarados can handle him pretty easily, lol. Red, by far, is the most challenging Trainer I've ever fought in any of the games.

PokePokePokey

Training Since 1999
    Years
  • I have to admit I nearly messed myself when I saw Red's Pokemon and the levels they were at, none of my Pokemon had reached that level, I had to trade Pokemon over from Diamond to even stand a chance! The elite four and Lance were so easy, I managed it in one sweep, no traded Pokemon or pal park Pokemon.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Red will def. pwn Lance even if I refuse to admit it.
    And of course it's Red, I own Lance too easily :P

Years
  • Someone in the recently closed "What's your team?" thread said "I got bored enough to beat Red with just my Weavile". After you beat Red, can you fight him again? I'd love to be able use him for experience!

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Yes, defeat the Elite Four, climb the mountain, battle the legend...

Lance is tricky, I'll admit. His Dragonite outsped and OHKO'd my Kingdra. However, I know his Dragonite were all on 95 and 96 speed, as Kingdra was on 94, but my Feraligatr was on 97, outsped, Blizzard + Frustration (dunno what I did, but he hates me), and they went down. Although the lv.50 one hit me back and I had to use a Sneasel....

Not looking forward to Red......my team is majorly Pikachu-weak. No resists, 3 water-types (one dragon) and a flying type (lucky a dragon) = I'm screwed

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2010
    Lance was worse for me actually. I have two teams. in SS, Dragon (Salamence, Dragonite, Flygon, Kingdra, Garchomp, Altaria) and Grass (Ludicolo, Shiftry, Venusaur, Jumpluff, Torterra, Exeggutor) I used my Dragon team against Lance, and my grass team against Red. Beating Red was a snap, because I'm insane about grass type, and I was strong against Pikachu, Blastoise, and Venusaur. Red's pokemon were mainly strong because of their held items (pikachu's light ball being the prime example) so having my Shiftry with thief sinched me in for victory. Lance on the other hand completely owned my face with Gyarados, who chewed me up and spat me out with Dragon Dance and Ice fang. My secret shame...

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
  • I'm looking forward to battling Red <3 I think it's going to be an epic battle.

And as for Lance.. The first time we battled it wasn't that hard and that easy. Just average. But when me and Silver encountered him at the Dragon's Den.. Hell yeah, we had to battle twice! Because at first I wasn't smart enough to KO his Gyarados while Silver was busy with Clair, and that beast spammed Dragon Dance and then OHKOed our every single pokemon...

Even though me and Silver lost the first time battling Lance & Clair it still was a great sight to see our partners, my Croconaw and his Feraligatr fighting together as a team <3

NocturnalNinja

The Dope on Hiatus
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2010
    Red...XD I didn't stand a chance but with the Hail and all the items I managed to pull it off. Lapras was a pain though...almost didn't make it.

Thordainhammer

Blanker
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2011
    An underleveled lapras with ice beam could take down Lance's dragons easily. I should know, I've done it twice. Though admittedly Red wasn't anything great either.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2010
    Lance was easy to me & I'm a Poke Noob :P. Havnt fought this "Red" Character yet but I'm sure he can't be any easier than Lance was.

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2017
    LOL Lance was so much harder. I sent out my Meganium to setup screens, but the Salamence OHKO'd it everytime. It was irritating without some support to beat him with level 50 Pokemon. I beat Salamence by slowly killing it with Blizzard from Slowbro. Once that was gone, Altaria was a breeze. Then Charizard came in, I sent in Dragonite against it, and setup 5 Dragon Dances, and the rest was history. :P

Red...He was ok, I mean I had type advantage and his team is more diverse and not as fast and strong as Lance's. So I got Tyranitar's sandstream, setup support, and setup a few Dragon dances with TTar, and owned Charizard, Lapras, Snorlax, and Pikachu. My Charizard took Venusaur, and my Ampharos took Blastoise. Easy Battle.

Note all of my team was at Level 50-51 Except for Tyranitar(Didn't have him for Lance, but had him for Red) and Dragonite which were 55.

Back