• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Red vs. Lance

Pecilia

Best Witch
Years
  • I beat lance easy red's more difficult. But some of red's pokemon know blizzard and that's not the best time for a dragon type.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Lance's second-round team is beastly.

Red's a lot easier once you stop the hail. I used Tyranitar. Stick a Choice Scarf on it, and then it outspeeds all of Red's pokemon.Handy to get around Iron Tail.

Years
  • Anybody with an Ice Type attack (Jynx for me) can make Lance look like a Bug Trainer. Red on the other hand, has a balanced team at extremely high levels. No contest.

Explosive

I'm a gaming god
    Years
  • Red was more of a challenge at the time my feraligatr was the only pokemon I trained xD
    so Red's pikachu raped my Feraligatr, Lance was just annoying because he kept healing.

ugoo

Legend Am I
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2010
    Lance was a pain the first time i faced him, after catching Ho-oH i didn't really level up my other Pokemon apart from my Typhlosion (Very bad choice) so my 4 other pokemon where underleveled.

I got through the Elite 4 without too much trouble and i guess it went to my head but Lance's Gyarados fixed that immediately with 1 attack. I had to go run around johto to catch Raikou before i went back again, even then i ended up using Roar several times to send his 3 Dragonite's and Aerodactyl back to their balls. I learned a valuable lesson from that battle (Always level my Pokemon equally, no favouritism).

Red was much easier than Lance for me.

RNG Abuser

RNG Abuser
    Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2010
    tbh, lance was hardest.
    him dragonites movepools were annoying.
    but i beat red reather easily :P
    only used 1 revive :)

c3rad

Grass-Type user
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2012
    I haven't faced off with Red yet, but to say the least Lance was easy.

All I had to do was take out his Gyarados and then set up my Feraligatr with some swords dances and I was ready to go. Swords Dance+ Ice Fang (Waterfall for Charizard)= instawin

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Although I haven't challenged Red, Lance on round 2 certainly gave my team some issues. Only my own Dragonite could outpace and outrage the enemy dragons. :/

Alamos

Team Plasma Leader
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2010
    They were actually both easy for me.

However, i remember that lance gave me some trouble a couple months ago.

This was my "old team" though, my new team would rip Lance to shreads.

Heres the video actually recorded it a long time ago:

link removed

Team used:

Rematch Against Elite Four
    Champion Lance

My Pokemon Party Team:
    Pikachu
    Garchomp
    Lapras
    Charizard
    Dragonite
    Espeon

Music Used:
    Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal VS Lance/Red Metal Remix!

Last edited by a moderator:

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I really didn't have much trouble with either of them. Lance was just easily defeated with my Ice Beam Politoed, and somehow I easily defeated Red with my 10-levels-lower-than-his team.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Red's Pikachu is awesome, but easy :P

However, I've got to admit, Red's battle was a sort of anti-climax for me, and Lance seemed much more epic. Possibly moreso the first time, when I was closer to his levels, and he had 3 Dragonites.

I think the hail ruins the atmosphere of Red's battle - The exclusive backdrop to the battle helps in Lance's.

In Diamond Dust, where you're just battling in snow, no hail (It always looked more like snow than hail to me, anyway), I'd imagine it's pretty special.

However, overall Lance always wins it for me. Mainly because if we were really in the pokemon world, he'd be my idol, and I'd only want dragon pokemon, to be like him.

Gentlemen

Let's fight like...
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2010
    My Garchomp always beat Red's whole team. (level 69 outrage/earthquake) This was not the case with Lance as I was weakned by Salamence's and Gyarados intimidate. I actually had to switch out pkmn with Lance even with a mamoswine that didn't know Stone Edge. (*gyarados/charizard)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Lance was just too easy. I'm going with Red because I somehow had a hard time against his Blastoise, and to a lesser extent, Pikachu.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    only just started SS, but Red got pwned in Silver with a wobbuffet and a couple of hyper potions.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • I'm going to say Red, here.

Before I started a new game on SS, I got pwned by his Pikachu, and that's it. The problem is, he was sort of lucky, due to Iron Tail hitting my Earthquake-users every time.

As for Lance (on battles 1 and 2 XD), all I did was toss a Choice Scarf on my Kingdra and Ice Beamed the crap out of him. Electivire easily stood up to his Charizard and Gyarados, too.

Kazbat028

The Only Guy With a Girlfriend
    Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2011
    My level 100 Starmie swept Lance but didn't quite sweep Red. So Red.

yaya0

は真優勝
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2015
    Just beat Red with Aerodactyl/Walrein/Walrein/Vigoroth/Feraligatr/HMSlave. Pathetically easy.

Back