• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rediculous Things In Pokemon (revieved)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    -Donphan is ground type (I think) yet in the first movie Pikachu manages to win against it with Thundershock

Axєl

→ enveloping flames;
    Years
  • - *Caught Aritcuno with a Great Ball with half its health gone... No big deal*
    - Ash and friends always wear the same clothes.
    - Team Rocket's Ballon blows up no matter what hits it... You'd think it could withstand alittle more... XP

Years
  • -Feebas again; why make a super rare version of Magikarp?
    -Why does the show have more than one Articuno? *coughnolandcough*
    -Same as above for Zapdos. *coughelectricpokemonoasiscough*
    -Pyramid King Brandon has the Regis, and doesn't disrupt nature. *coughregiscough*
    -The show says Rock types are immune to electricity, but they aren't; Ground types are immune to electricity, and all rock types except fossil Pokemon were part ground at the time, so it became a stereotype.
    -Ash cheats because he charged up Pikachu on a charger before fighting Brock.

Ai

; ♥ ~
    Years
  • -Ash is an idiot, no really he is *coughpidgeotprimapecharizardcough*
    -types have absolutly no meaning when ash and co fight against team rocket/an episode enemy
    -its quite obvious something is going to happen when team rocket miraculously defeats ash and co early episode so quickly
    -practicly every episode Ash and co meet someone new and usually they get angry, ash and co say sorry, 'do you want to come in our house?/meet our pokemon?/etc
    -gym battles, league battles, rival battles.... they are shortened and so not exciting these days *remembers the first seasons action*
    -how could wailmer evolve into something so big? at least put an evolution in between
    -why dont they just create a baby kanghaskon pokemon already? we saw it many times.. the blue grey mini one...

[Technya]

Chick in riot gear!
    Years
  • - How in the name of all that is sane can Skitty be bred with a Wailord? Where's the logic in that?!

- After so many years you'd guess Team Rocket would have given up...

- How is it that in the games you can catch all the darn legendaries and not cause the end of the world yet in the anime you touch one of them and all hell breaks loose. I know in the anime it causes an inbalance but geez.

Last edited:

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    -Feebas again; why make a super rare version of Magikarp?
    It doesn't matter how many times I say it, no one ever seems to get it. Feebas is not like Magikarp! Unlike Magikarp, Feebas can learn TM, HM -and Eggmoves.
    Besides, Milotic is so much more pwning than Gyarados imo.
    - How in the name of all that is sane can Skitty be bred with a Wailmer? Where's the logic in that?!
    Where's the logic with it being able to breed with Wailord, then? They have a ''small'' size difference, I'd say.

Years
  • -Shouldn't Ash be able to beat anyone with 1 attack from his Pikachu after training it for so many years?

-Wouldn't a charizard breeding with a venusaur cause a fire?

-How can pokemon breed, then have an egg, all in under five minutes?

Smarties-chan

Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    -Shouldn't Ash be able to beat anyone with 1 attack from his Pikachu after training it for so many years?
    Do you honestly think Ash is the only trainer who has trained his Pokémon for years? -.-
    To be honest, would you like Gamefreak more if they'd make it take months to get an egg and hatch it in the games? I thought so... besides, it's just a game.

Years
  • Do you honestly think Ash is the only trainer who has trained his Pokémon for years? -.-
    No, but like gym leaders, their pokemon are all under lv50, and his pikachu should be alot stronger than that, since its known Thunder, which it learns at level 41, for a long time, and he uses pikachu so much.

To be honest, would you like Gamefreak more if they'd make it take months to get an egg and hatch it in the games? I thought so... besides, it's just a game.
    That's not the point, read the thread title. It does sound rediculous for anything to have an egg in under five minutes.

Smarties-chan

Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    gs135790 said:
    No, but like gym leaders, their pokemon are all under lv50, and his pikachu should be alot stronger than that, since its known Thunder, which it learns at level 41, for a long time, and he uses pikachu so much.
    Right now, you're comparing the anime with the games. There are no such things as levels in the anime, none of the rules in the games matter in the anime.
    gs135790 said:
    That's not the point, read the thread title. It does sound rediculous for anything to have an egg in under five minutes.
    I agree with you... I never said it doesn't sound ridiculous.

sdp

raver
    Years
  • I love Pokemon mysteries and i'm building a site based just on that to discuss them on greater length, the site should be done by november if anyone is interested. anyays here is my first batch of trying to solve some of the 'mysteries'

of course not counting a few of them like "i caught a zapdos with a pokeball" since that is just lucky no mystery behind it. :D

marillmonster2000 said:
    -How when You Beat A Gym Leader, Or A Rival, Or Someone That Really Doesn't Want You To Beat Them, They Give You A Bunch Of Money After The Battle. "You Destroyed My Pride! You Ruined My Life, And Sent Me Into Spiraling Depression! Oh, And Here's Your $4000."
    Well IMO in the game Pokemon battles are not just 'for fun' betting is involved so whenever someone looses or you loose you have to give the money you bet.

-"Critical Hit! It's Not Very Effective..."
    you can give a critical hit from your perspective but it not be super effective.

-In The Episode Where Ash Gets A Krabby, It Says You Can Only Have 6 Pokemon On Your Belt, if You Catch Another One It Goes To The Place Where You Got Your Pokedex. But What If You Don't Have A Pokedex? Then What Happens If You Have 7+ Pokemon?
    that probably only happens with people with Pokedex, since in the Anime the Pokedex is more of a 'drivers' license type of thing, unlike the games were you're lucky to have one.

-Also In The Krabby Episode, When He Gets It, The Pokeball Poofs Away In A Stream Of Light. How Does The Pokeball Know That You've Caught 7 Pokemon?
    the pokedex would know. it holds your information.

-How Pokemon Has Been On The Air For 9 Years Now, And Ash Doesn't Seem To Have Grown Very Much.
    well 9 years in real life is not 9 years in the Pokemon Universe, besides Ash has grown some, besides as more years pass you'll have to sink in the characters grow in "Peanuts" time.

-How Brock Can See With His Eyes Closed.
    His eyes are not closed, they are just 'squinted'.
    -Why Ash Would Catch 30 Tauos's.
    If you see the episode you realize ash is trying to catch other Pokemon but a tauros always gets infront and always catches a tauros, its very funny.

-How Ash Manages To See Almost All The Legendaries, And Most People Don't Even Think They Exist.

As noted in "For Ho Oh the bells toll" Ash is extremely lucky and is unbeleivable to have seen so many of them.

-Why Meowth Is The Only Talking Pokemon (besides mewtwo). I Mean, If It Is Indeed Possible For A Pokemon To Learn How To Talk, As Meowth Did In That One Episode, Then It Seems Like More People Would Teach Their Pokemon How To Talk.
    its very hard for pokemon to learn to talk, however there are more pokemon, like Slowking and Gastly and lucario, and it is not rare for psychic pokemon to communicate telepaticly as seen in most movies and some episodes.

Ash_ said:
    -How ridiculous it is that in the anime Pikachu can zap an Onyx and actually cause damage yet in the video games it doesn't even scratch it.

-Kabutops is Water/Rock correct? Being half water it would be affected by Electric type moves. So how come in the Prehistoric Pokemon episode when Ash asked Pikachu to use Thunderbolt on a Kabutops it did no damage yet in the 5th movie it got hit ><;
    Well the anime follows different mechanics, the reason the onix was hurt is because it got water on itself, maybe the kabutops was watery while the other all dried up, i mean pikachu has thundershocked every rock pokemon there is, we can assume he is a very powerfull electric type.
    Haunter Master said:
    -in this weeks episode Psyduck had Focus Punch, Hydro pump, fury swipes, and confusion
    some pokemon can learn different attacks in the anime. they usually do stick to the normal moves and TMs though
    -Brock never gets the girl
    buddy, that is just like in real life ;( besides he has gotten a few girls to blush

HoundoomOfTheDarkness said:
    -Gyarados isn't Dragon type
    -Gyrados is always referred to as a dragon
    Its kind of like charizard, he is a dragon yet he is not a dragon type.

-Magikarp exists for the sole purpose of evolving
    It is based on a japanese legend. besides magikarp is too funny and serves many purposes ;D
    -There is a Pokemon that evolves by beauty (Feebas)
    -Feebas is very, very, rare, it's rarity is overdone
    its not all training you know!
    -You need badges to use moves outside of battle
    thats a game mechanic so you don't trade pokemon that know the HMs and be able to do stuff you're not supposed to do.
    -Ash's Pikachu is way, way, way too strong on the show
    well he's been training for almost 400 episodes...
    -Ash always finds rare wild Pokemon and never catches them
    -Ash expects to catch them all, but he never catches any
    he doesn't expect to catch em all, he wants to be a Master.

-Team rocket always falls for the con artist who disguises common Pokemon as rare Pokemon (stupid)
    That magikarp seller is very sleazy..
    -Brock leaves and comes back and leaves and comes back
    he likes to trick people.

-Ash leaves his Charizard at some kind of Charizard training ground shortly after it finally starts listening to him
    well it is explained in the episode charizard wanted to be stronger ash wouldn't get in the way.
    -Ash doesn't have to fight seventy battles to fight the Frontier Brains

To name a few (a lot)
    the game BF is different than the Anime one.
    Chiru said:
    - Most of the time when James talks, it sounds like he's trying to sound sexy/flirty, only his voice is so weird sounding that it doesn't work out.

- The fact that 10 year olds can go out in the world, travel thousands of miles from home, and associate with all kinds of creepy adults.

- All the different trainers seem to be completely obsessed with whatever their "profession" is (i.e. Hikers and Hiking, Bug Catchers and Bug Pokemon, etc)
    In the Pokemon Universe 10 year olds get more respect than they do here.

People here obsess on different things, go to a spider man forum and you'll see spidey fans, go to a Street Figther forum etc.
    enyce said:
    Only thing that doesnt make since is, pikachu shocked the living crap out of Cubone and a bunch of other ground pokemon. Pikachu is the mary sue of the anime.

Also if its Ash's goal to catch them all, but he doesnt catch any.

Also, Red>Ash
    Yes Pikachu is uber strong, his electricity has droplets of water in it.
    Again ash's goal is not to catch em all, that was just the slogan.
    Garouga! Bare Your Fangs! said:
    -Other trainer's Pokemon just happen to evolve after meeting Ash and friends
    this doesn't happen too often, and with all the people that Ash meets the probabilities of it happening are actually high.

-Ash never goes out with the sole purpose of catching something; he befriends wild Pokemon
    that is the way he is, he has caught pokemon before befriending though.

-Team Rocket STILL has money
    TR is STILL in debt.

-Team Rocket still wants Pikachu. I mean, after hundreds of episodes, shouldn't they go stalk a new trainer?
    They ponder about that sometimes but quickly try to snag him up, you know it might be one of those "we have tried for so long, to quit now"

-In that really old Paris episode, it got hit by a tiny static bolt and a few drops of water and STILL fainted, even though it was a grass type.
    types in the anime work slighly different a strong electric blast would kill plants easily in the real world, the same in the Anime.

-Ash never makes any attempts at evolving his Pokemon
    He knows its a mutual decision when it involves Special stones like the thunder stone, while he has no control over the other Pokes evolving.

-Jesse and James STILL go along with Meowth's ideas of what Giovanni will think
    well they aren't the brightest crayons on the box, besides Meowths fantasies are too good to say no to.

-Team Rocket uses guns to catch Pokemon (this is a CHILDREN'S show...)
    umm...not real guns...they've never used any.
    Pokemon Trainer Jonny said:
    -Ash never even tries to catch Legis.
    It is no easy treat to catch a legendary he would fail, besides he doesn't want to catch them.
    Dark_Grave said:
    -Ash's pokemon have crap attacks and should have crap stats since there not evolved but he always wins XD.

obviously those crap attacks are good and so are there stats since he wins a lot.
    Pokemon Trainer Jonny said:
    -Ash leaves his pokemon on their own sometimes.
    He hasn't done that since the orange islands...

sdp

raver
    Years
  • Smarties-kun said:
    Right now, you're comparing the anime with the games. There are no such things as levels in the anime, none of the rules in the games matter in the anime.
    actually levels do exist in the anime they work in a totally different way though.

gs135790 said:
    -Shouldn't Ash be able to beat anyone with 1 attack from his Pikachu after training it for so many years?

-Wouldn't a charizard breeding with a venusaur cause a fire?

other people also trained their pokemon for years and even harder

-they have to be very careful when they do breed

-its a game mechanic, would you really want to wait years to get an egg?

Ash_ said:
    - How in the name of all that is sane can Skitty be bred with a Wailord? Where's the logic in that?!

skitty is into fetishes BBW

- After so many years you'd guess Team Rocket would have given up...
    why? they are too far to quit now.

[/QUOTE]- How is it that in the games you can catch all the darn legendaries and not cause the end of the world yet in the anime you touch one of them and all hell breaks loose. I know in the anime it causes an inbalance but geez.
    [/QUOTE]
    that just happened in the second movie, the Orange Islands Birds are very protective.

Ai said:
    -Ash is an idiot, no really he is *coughpidgeotprimapecharizardcough*
    he is far from being an idiot.
    -types have absolutly no meaning when ash and co fight against team rocket/an episode enemy
    sometimes they don't but most of the time they do.
    -its quite obvious something is going to happen when team rocket miraculously defeats ash and co early episode so quickly
    well duh :D

-how could wailmer evolve into something so big? at least put an evolution in between
    many pokemon evolve a lot bigger, he doesn't need another evolution.
    -why dont they just create a baby kanghaskon pokemon already? we saw it many times.. the blue grey mini one...
    yeah i don't know what Game freak is htinking
    HoundoomOfTheDarkness said:
    -Feebas again; why make a super rare version of Magikarp?
    -Why does the show have more than one Articuno? *coughnolandcough*
    -Same as above for Zapdos. *coughelectricpokemonoasiscough*
    -Pyramid King Brandon has the Regis, and doesn't disrupt nature. *coughregiscough*
    -Maybe he tastes really good and is going extint because of it.
    -There are more than one Articuno/Zapdos/most other legendaries not only on the show but in the games and other media.
    -ash didn't cheat.
    blastoise>you said:
    How can a monster fit in a ball? And if you can answer that by saying it's just a show then this whole thread is a moot point.
    How a pokeball works is somewhat of a mystery, though they are called to their "energy" form I beleive from what we've seen, that is what makes them so special
    ~Ahiru~ said:

- Ash and friends always wear the same clothes.
    - Team Rocket's Ballon blows up no matter what hits it... You'd think it could withstand alittle more... XP
    well its an animatio thing, it'd wreak havoc on animators if they change clothes every episode, plus it s easier for kids to recognize 'one set of attire'.

They don't spend a lot of money on the baloons, they go for the giant mecha instead (made cheaply as well of course)
    blastoise>you said:
    How can a monster fit in a ball? And if you can answer that by saying it's just a show then this whole thread is a moot point.
    How a pokeball works is somewhat of a mystery, though they are called to their "energy" form I beleive from what we've seen, that is what makes them so special

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back