• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Regarding "hacked" pokemon

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2014
    Hey guy's been searching around on the interent as seen a few people talk about hacked , "legit" hacked pokemon , i been away since gen 2 so i have missed alot , but i know they was around then apparently, people can spend a few minitues and input a perfect pokemon into the game? , i mean it doesnt make a difference to my gameplay i think so im not that botherd about it but my problem is

I feel like catching and breeding for a shiny , or finding that perfect ability pokemon to breed etc is all a waste of time as i can just spend a few min's and create it? , when im trading/wonder trading , and i get a awesome pokemon i lose that feeling of oooo sheet , i just think its probs hacked even though i am grateful, i've read alot of stuff and people's opinion's on this some people hate it other's love it as if they dont have much time to breed etc , but shouldn't you put effort and time into making that perfect pokemon for online or whatever? , i dont know should i just try forget about it and do it my way? seem's like a waste of time spending hours and hour's ? sorry if this is the wrong place new to posting ! :)

also looking for friend's not sure what's in my safari , FC Is 0748-3524-7573 message me if you add me so i can add you back ^^

Years
    Hey guy's been searching around on the interent as seen a few people talk about hacked , "legit" hacked pokemon , i been away since gen 2 so i have missed alot , but i know they was around then apparently, people can spend a few minitues and input a perfect pokemon into the game? , i mean it doesnt make a difference to my gameplay i think so im not that botherd about it but my problem is

I feel like catching and breeding for a shiny , or finding that perfect ability pokemon to breed etc is all a waste of time as i can just spend a few min's and create it? , when im trading/wonder trading , and i get a awesome pokemon i lose that feeling of oooo sheet , i just think its probs hacked even though i am grateful, i've read alot of stuff and people's opinion's on this some people hate it other's love it as if they dont have much time to breed etc , but shouldn't you put effort and time into making that perfect pokemon for online or whatever? , i dont know should i just try forget about it and do it my way? seem's like a waste of time spending hours and hour's ? sorry if this is the wrong place new to posting ! :)

also looking for friend's not sure what's in my safari , FC Is 0748-3524-7573 message me if you add me so i can add you back ^^

The only thing I would hack is a 6 Iv ditto. Everything else should be shameful, it ruins online battling and makes it unfair, ntm its just lazy. I mean srsly how half a%# do you have to be that you can't even play a video game without doing it the longer and right way. Same problem with cod, losers keep hacking and modding, they still have low kdrs though because they aren't any good at the game, all they know how to do is cheat.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017

a HUGE problem I find with the paranoia about hacked pokemon is that people are routinely releasing perfectly legitimate pokemon because they can't possibly fathom that it could be real (someone released a shiny legendary because they assumed it was hacked solely because it was shiny, yet somehow completely missed the fact it had a bad nature and terrible IVs yet it made perfectly logical sense to them that it MUST be hacked when 2/3 of that equation showed it obviously wasn't) if I get a pokemon that COULD be real, I always presume it is. (For example, I got a level 5 Palkia with Telepathy, and since it was in a dreamworld ball and had level appropriate moves, the fact it has 6IVs is mathematically possible and everything else about it adds up too I just give it the benefit of the doubt and presume it's legitimate. it doesn't have an ability it can't have, it's not at a level it can't be at, but people are just too quick to assume EVERYTHING is hacked and it's just getting tiresome to be honest. After all, EVERY Kalos legendary has at least 3 IVs perfect, so what difference does it make if someone gives you an old legendary that has 4, 5 or 6? is it impossible to have 6IVs? No. Do people soft reset a thousand times to get the nature they want? Yes. So why is it just SO impossible for people to reset until they get the nature and IVs they want? (after all, with Synchronize you have a 50% chance of getting every pokemon you fight, including legendaries, the nature you want, so that's a big portion of the battle right there)

With the addition of the Destiny Knot, breeding has become so easy that there really is no need to hack anymore. I'm throwing away dozens of 5 IV pokemon, and in fact have traded 6IV pokemon for legendaries because they're just so easy to come by now, so since I can pass on legit 5 and 6IV pokemon, if I get a 6IV legendary I simply give it the benefit of the doubt and presume it's legit as well (probably with RNG manipulation, but apparently that's not technically cheating, it's just mathematics and probability) and for all the 6IV legendaries I've gotten, only 1 has been hacked that I know of, all the others have absolutely nothing about them that isn't possible (no impossible moves or abilities, no impossible stats, so really, why couldn't it be legit?)

I get the attraction to just inputting some data and getting the pokemon you want, but after actually breeding pokemon for IVs and moves, I found it helps tremendously with your attachment to your little digital things, lol! I spent two weeks trying to breed a Zorua with a Naive nature and exactly 30IVs in Sp Def (both to get that stat as high as possible but also to get a Steel type Hidden Power) and the day I FINALLY got one was the same day someone else offered me the same thing (a Naive Zorua with 30 in Sp Def and a Steel Type hidden power) and I had actually grown fond of the one I bred and had put all that work into, even though it's just a collection of data. And I am slowly breeding ALL my pokemon to have 5 or 6 IVs (even though that 6th stat is always random, I find I keep getting 6IVed pokemon a fair amount) and even though it can take days or weeks for just one pokemon, I still think it's worth it. And now that it's actually easy to do so (with Destiny knot for IVs and Everstone for Nature) there's really no reason NOT to do it. These two items were probably the best thing Gamefreak could have done to help curb hacking and cheating to be honest. If they would just make the legendaries obtainable more often then there would be NO reason to cheat at all anymore.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
    I just don't worry about hacking and go about things my own way.

Would I personally hack Pokemon into my game? No.
    Would I trade for Pokemon I knew were hacked (even if "legit")? No.

But I don't worry about Pokemon I receive in WT or anything, just because it's not worth it to me. I prefer to just enjoy my game and play it the way I want to.

If other people want to hack Pokemon into their game, that's their prerogative. It doesn't affect me, unless they bring their stupid Wondertombs onto BattleSpot, and in that case I just chalk up a loss and move on.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017

But I don't worry about Pokemon I receive in WT or anything, just because it's not worth it to me. I prefer to just enjoy my game and play it the way I want to.

If other people want to hack Pokemon into their game, that's their prerogative. It doesn't affect me, unless they bring their stupid Wondertombs onto BattleSpot, and in that case I just chalk up a loss and move on.

Or use a Fairy Type super effective move and teach them a lesson! ;-)

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    The only thing I would hack is a 6 Iv ditto. Everything else should be shameful, it ruins online battling and makes it unfair, ntm its just lazy. I mean srsly how half a%# do you have to be that you can't even play a video game without doing it the longer and right way. Same problem with cod, losers keep hacking and modding, they still have low kdrs though because they aren't any good at the game, all they know how to do is cheat.

So hacking in a perfect IV breeding machine to breed 5 - 6 IV offspring isn't ruining online battling for you, but doing it with other Pokémon is? The whole idea of hacking in a Pokémon is to save time and effort, so hacking in a six IV Ditto is still half assed because you've taken A LOT of the work out. I'm not saying you should or shouldn't do it, but I just find it strange and ironic that you're doing it.

Sadly, there are ways to hack in Pokémon that look legit and the only way to see if they are truly legit is to look at them after the trade is finished. Obviously, a Jirachi in a master ball would be hacked in because Jirachi has never had an event where it was in a master ball. But there are so many ways to change it so it's in a PokeBall it was distributed in.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
    Sadly, there are ways to hack in Pokémon that look legit and the only way to see if they are truly legit is to look at them after the trade is finished. Obviously, a Jirachi in a master ball would be hacked in because Jirachi has never had an event where it was in a master ball. But there are so many ways to change it so it's in a PokeBall it was distributed in.

Yeah, I know, which is why I said if I knew it was hacked (as in, the person admitted it or something like that).
    It is perfectly possible that I have/will trade for a "legit" hacked pokemon and I will never be aware of it.

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
    Years
    Speaking of Jirachi, what about people who hack event Pokemon. Sure with the new Destiny Knot mechanics, it's not that hard anymore to get something like a 5IV Garchomp, so a guy who battles you with a "legit-looking" hacked Garchomp doesn't really have any advantage over you. However, event Pokemon like Jirachi, Entei, or Wish Chansey cannot be bred, cannot be SRed or RNGed and you usually can only get one per game, so realisticaly there is no way for someone playing fair to get one of those with perfect IVs. And yet people still believe it's okay to hack those as well, claiming that since they don't have any illegal moves they're not really cheating.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Speaking of Jirachi, what about people who hack event Pokemon. Sure with the new Destiny Knot mechanics, it's not that hard anymore to get something like a 5IV Garchomp, so a guy who battles you with a "legit-looking" hacked Garchomp doesn't really have any advantage over you. However, event Pokemon like Jirachi, Entei, or Wish Chansey cannot be bred, cannot be SRed or RNGed and you usually can only get one per game, so realisticaly there is no way for someone playing fair to get one of those with perfect IVs. And yet people still believe it's okay to hack those as well, claiming that since they don't have any illegal moves they're not really cheating.

Why can't event pokemon be RNGed? Sure Celebi couldn't, but Torchic could, and other event pokemon given in such a way that you can save in game right before you accept them can be RNGed and traded away. (And people have short memories, just because Entei is given away in events now doesn't mean there haven't been TONS of games that you could catch them in game and therefore do all the RNG, SR and whatever else you need. Same with Mew or Deoxys (various islands in Emerald and Fire REd/Leaf green) there's actually been only a few pokemon that haven't been available in game in some aspect or another.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
    Breed your own Pokemon because

1. It's incredibly easy to get flawless Pokemon in XY

2. They've been banning any transfered Pokemon in most online battling formats to combat hacking. Expect them to be banned in more places as time goes on.

3. Needing flawless shinies "within a few minutes" isn't necessary.

4. If you don't have time to breed, we have a trading section where people will give you stuff (in most cases for free)

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2014
    Good post's so far , yeah i wont hack as i loved the feeling of hatching my first shiny after so many hours hatching and just seeing the same old same old , then all of a sudden it's there cant be beat, and i imagine if inputting pokemon into a game then it would change the way i played these games for ever , i wouldnt care for the story or anything , just get to max level and input my pokemon to faceroll what ever i want , if some people played competitivly online still not a excuse work hard train hard and it pay's off when you have your wonder team that you earned imo.

Super Bling

Clair pretty thick, huh?
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2014
    Why waste my time breeding perfect Pokemanz when I can just make them?

In the end, my Pokemon will be no more different than yours.

Don't really understand why people complain about it. I do however breed my hacked mons instead of directly trading them, since people seem to dislike it so much >_>.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2014
    but then why dont gamefreak just add a option to make your own pokemon how you like once you finished the story? , because that's not how they want the game to be played and if it ruin's multiplayer play then it's just as stupid as people using Aimbot's and other cheat's in multiplayer game's for fun for 1 not for the rest.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2019
    Regarding the unfairness of hacking in legit Pokemon, I believe that it is slightly unfair, however, I believe that it is justifiable. It is wrong to go into a battle with your opponent without letting them know you have made your Pokemon specifically for battle. When I ask for a battle, I will always tell them that my Pokemon are legit hacks, and if they don't like it, I won't battle them. The important thing is that they know, otherwise I believe it is cheating. Also, I don't have time for breeding. Honestly, it is boring, tedious, and I have much better things to do with my time. Battles, are extremely exciting, and I like the turn based format. I just don't want to go through hours of work, just to play something. Instead, I would prefer to just go straight in.

This is just my opnion on the matter. Yes, it is technically cheating, however, as long as it is justified and your opponent knows, then it is completely fine.

but then why dont gamefreak just add a option to make your own pokemon how you like once you finished the story? , because that's not how they want the game to be played and if it ruin's multiplayer play then it's just as stupid as people using Aimbot's and other cheat's in multiplayer game's for fun for 1 not for the rest.

Well, to be fair, aimbots make you better then everyone else.Legit hacks, still have gettable stats so it is not like we are doing it to be better then everyone else, but to be on the same playing field.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    So hacking in a perfect IV breeding machine to breed 5 - 6 IV offspring isn't ruining online battling for you, but doing it with other Pokémon is? The whole idea of hacking in a Pokémon is to save time and effort, so hacking in a six IV Ditto is still half assed because you've taken A LOT of the work out. I'm not saying you should or shouldn't do it, but I just find it strange and ironic that you're doing it.

If you think for a minute that any real 6 Iv ditto you will receive from a trade isn't a hack or clone of a hack then son I got sent bad news for you, I have a 6iv ditto I got in a trade, pretty sure its a clone of a hack, but I spent several days hours at a time searching for a 6 Iv ditto and got a 5 Iv ditto which I caught in friend safari myself you want it? I'll trade it to you lol, which works perfectly until I realized that I might as well masuda methoding while I'm Iv breeding, so I got a Korean 6 Iv ditto, so I should have worded it different to a " perfect " 6 Iv foreign ditto, you will only get it through trade and if you think it isn't hacked or cloned you have too much dumb hope... so if you receive it in trade, whether cloned or hacked by extension even if its a trade you are using a hacked ditto.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    If you think for a minute that any real 6 Iv ditto you will receive from a trade isn't a hack or clone of a hack then son I got sent bad news for you, I have a 6iv ditto I got in a trade, pretty sure its a clone of a hack, but I spent several days hours at a time searching for a 6 Iv ditto and got a 5 Iv ditto which I caught in friend safari myself you want it? I'll trade it to you lol, which works perfectly until I realized that I might as well masuda methoding while I'm Iv breeding, so I got a Korean 6 Iv ditto, so I should have worded it different to a " perfect " 6 Iv foreign ditto, you will only get it through trade and if you think it isn't hacked or cloned you have too much dumb hope... so if you receive it in trade, whether cloned or hacked by extension even if its a trade you are using a hacked ditto.

Way to go to completing missing my point.

Pryze

Straight chillin
    Years
    Honestly, I haven't the slightest idea why people get so worked up about using 'illegal' Pokemon. Is a generated 6V Adamant Conkeldurr any different from a breed 6V Adamant Conkeldurr? Of course not, other than the amount of time that went into making that Pokemon. Unless it has over 510 EVs, or an illegal moveset/ability, I just don't see it.

We all have our own way of doing things, some prefer the more tedious, and arguably more rewarding method with breeding; while others prefer the faster, and arguably more efficient method with generating.

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2014
    I wouldn't say people get mad because of say the pokemon stat's w/e as from what i read they cant have illegals I.V'S and ability's just they get frustrated that they put so much time into it and feel like they earned it then someone who just generate's..

I completly get some people just dont have the time or want to spend along time doing something boring but that is the reward at the end as someone said you can get destiny knot's everstone , i dno too much about I.V'S and E.V'S but i guess it take's the value of pokemon away, it shouldn't affect people but it does because they spent time and effort and you just generated , and they get passed around traded and it's hackmon i dont want to argue or flame anyone for doing it as such , it just put a downer on me imo as i felt a little bleh what's the point but i realised the point is i feel rewarded for my work.

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    Hacking is downright boring in my opinion, the joy is in the journey. What's the point when you can spit out any shiny legendary 6 iv in seconds, it takes ALL the fun out of the game, and I'm completely against it.

Back