• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Regular or Legendary?

Legendary or Regular?

• Regular Pokemon

Votes: 34 100.0%
  • Legendary Pokemon

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Would you prefer to have regular pokemon or legendary pokemon? I prefer having regular pokemon because in its own way they are very special! :) What about you?

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Well, my favourite Pokemon are Espeon, Blaziken and Jirachi (though I prefer Espeon and Blaziken to Jirachi :() so I'd say I prefer regular Pokemon :D. Mainly because nearly all of the regular Pokemon can be used in competitive battling and about or more than half of legendaries cant, plus to me, regular Pokemon seem more special. :3

Capt. Couch

Wake me... When you need me...
    Years
  • I'd rather use regular Pokemon. Speaking from a competitive standpoint, legendaries receive a lot of credit they don't deserve, but they're hyped about to the point where other players dread their appearance in a tournament. If anything, they can be used as a scare tactic, but only against a certain group of people. When comparing the two types, a legendary is just a Pokemon with notoriety from the series, since their stats can equally compare.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    I like to use regular pokemon in terms of battling normally, I use legendary pokemon when versing computers in the game. Using legendary when versing a friend is kinda lame. But when we both agree to use legendarys, I'll use them.

Clouddyl

Playing battle tower doubles!
    Years
  • I generally prefer to use normal pokemon since often you have to train them from a lower level, which makes it feel more of an achievement when you actually fight with them

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    Regular, naturally. Legendaries are to be left in their habitat and protect the local Pokemon from danger such as the infamous Team Rocket gang. Also, they're really overpowered and would probably feel that they were superior to me :(

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Back when I was a total noob and I recieved my first pokemon game I thought getting a legendary was so cool. Now, I feel as though nothing could compare to those of a regular pokemon. It is true legendaries are powerful and all, but they are like any other pokemon just have higher stats from a competetive player's view. I truly like regular pokemon better as I prefer originatlity and regular pokemon...well, there is just so much too choose from. :)

Regular, naturally. Legendaries are to be left in their habitat and protect the local Pokemon from danger such as the infamous Team Rocket gang. Also, they're really overpowered and would probably feel that they were superior to me :(

I agree when you say Legendaries deserve to stay in their natural habitat; that is exactly the way I think it should be too...:)

Last edited:

The Red Chain

I choose Legendary Pokemon. My choice has nothing to do with their stats.
    In fact, I love legendaries because they are always very mysterious and have such an ancient aura.
    I've always been more spiritual then physical, and legendaries have that spiritual feeling to them.
    Something regular Pokemon don't possess.

Regular ftw!
    I...don't really use ubers that much so D 8

Not all legendaries are uber.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • I rather have a regular Pokémon as my companions than a Legendary. To be honest, both are really the same, but on one side; there are more options to choose from. However, on the other, one finds overrated stats.

Also, I would pick my Sceptile or Blaziken over Kyogre or Groudon anyday. :3

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
    Years
  • Regulars...whats the point in playing with legends...wheres the challenge...Even though my two favs are legendary...(Rayquaza and Giratina)

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I've have a regular Pokemon, but most of my favorites are typical Pokemon, not Legendary.

Plus, if I had a legendary Pokemon, people would never leave me the heck alone. D:
    Cause they'd want it.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • I never have legendaries in my team. Training them and using them for battles just feels like cheating, there's little challenge in it.

Plus pretty much all of my favourite Pokémon are regulars (Though a few are pseudo-legendaries), so 'regulars' gets my vote :D

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Regular, I love poison types and unfortunately there is no poison legendary :c

Back