• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Reincarnation

Do you believe in reincarnation?

• Yes.

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • No.

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • Agnostic. (We'll know when we get there.)

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Don't care.

Votes: 8 21.1%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2013
    I believe that you have the choice to reincarnate or not after you die.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    Chairman Kaga said:
    And shouldn't this be in OVP? The "Do you Believe in Death?" thread is very similar and is there. If not, do you want me to move the death poll here?
    Exactly my point, it's contradictory to declare this thread religious when that Death thread was unmoved in OPV.

There is no possible way that this isn't religious. If you belive in a ceratin religion, then that religion [like Christianity for example] might not belive in reincarnation, so therefore, asking someone if they believe in it is questioning their religion.

That would be cool if people were reincarnated, but it's not possible nor probable or likely to ever be able to happen.

So no.

22sa

Years
    EvIL_CAjUN_CHIkIN said:
    There is no possible way that this isn't religious. If you belive in a ceratin religion, then that religion [like Christianity for example] might not belive in reincarnation, so therefore, asking someone if they believe in it is questioning their religion.

That would be cool if people were reincarnated, but it's not possible nor probable or likely to ever be able to happen.

So no.
    Nevermind that, I just saw that reincarnation was iterated by Buddhism and Hinduism. It's religious afterall, but not for the reasons you said.

22sa

Years
    EvIL_CAjUN_CHIkIN said:
    That's just my scientific reasoning for it. In religious ways, I would have to say being Christian that I belive that when you die you go to heaven and live with God.
    I understand, but it's not the possible answers that makes reincarnation religious, since reincartion can be just passed on by rumors without any religious bases. When I heard of it was only some witchcraft theory to the people I knew, but apparantly that's not really what it actually is....

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    22sa said:
    Exactly my point, it's contradictory to declare this thread religious when that Death thread was unmoved in OPV.
    No it isn't, the other one was a simple "do you believe in death" this is one what happens after death, more or less the same thing, but the wording is enough for it to be here.

22sa

Years
    Mihara said:
    No it isn't, the other one was a simple "do you believe in death" this is one what happens after death, more or less the same thing, but the wording is enough for it to be here.
    I know, I corrected that after discovering reincarnation's religious roots. XD

Chimou

Dancing Artist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2006
    Reincarnation is PART of some religions. Not the whole. So it's easy to talk about it without even mentioning a specific religion. Any further talk will be reported. I have it posted for everyone to see. That means it IS A RULE in this thread.

Like I said. Simple answer. If you would like to speak more into it, take it to PM.

ArKiVe

Back In Black
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 30, 2006
    Eh, sorta for me. I think we'll all come back somehow even if its through the smallest things.

Bakura-kun

I AM the darkness... :P
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 5, 2008
    Definate believer in reincarnation, is me. ^_^ Also, slightly off topic but relevant to the title nontheless, Reincarnation is also a cool j-pop song. ^___^

Years
    By all relligious means an' explanations no. I believe that when we die we cease to exist, but I also believe there is life after that.

I believe that after we die, billion of billions of billions... etc. of years from then as the Universe undergoes endless changes an' Transformations at some point another person with the exact same brain and memories will emerge. An' when that happens I will continue ta live as he. An' since inexistence implies tha lack of time notion as well it may actually happen within minutes after I die from my point of view...

Years
    Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't, as odd as that sounds. To some extent I do. Im gonna say I'll know when I get there though.

gothsinn23

PC's Biggest Terra Fan. ^^
    Years
    It depends. Christians believe in reincarnation to a certain extent, which is life after death. But that is your soul, not your body, which is kind of an afterlife. Though other religions might believe in getting a 'second chance' at life, others only believe in our souls living on.

I myself try to believe in the 'second chance' at life, though my own religion does not. So, I'm impartial, whichever one happens to me, I'll roll with it.

Anacortes

absurdities..
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2010
    I'm not religious, but yes I do believe in reincarnation.

Tiger-chan

Yup, yup, I believe in it. I mean it's not really part of my religion or anything, since I don't really have one, I guess. Mom says I was baptized Lutheran, but not raised any particular way. We go to a Methodist church on holidays.. and the occasional Sundays... but I just kinda believe in whatever... I think... yeah...

Back