• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Relationship with parents.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    Well, for me. My relationship with my Mum is very good, we have a laugh, make a joke and get a long really well, but I hardly talk to my dad because he scares me and he disagrees with the decisions I make for myself. So, it's kind of a middle/medium fair relationship.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Quite good. They can get on my nerves sometimes, but I do still love them. We're in regular communication, despite living on opposite ends of the country, and it's always nice when they come to visit/I come to see them. I think living apart has done wonders for our relationship: not that it wasn't good before, but it's certainly improved now that we're not always in each others' faces.

Minishcap

Fecaloma
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2012
    Excellent. They've always been there for me and now I'm always there for them.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Non-existent really, we don't talk much and I can't trust them with anything. But I prefer that to having them be in my face all the time. I will call my mum sometimes because she's fun for a quick gossip, but unbearable to live with.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Mom can be my best friend in some days and my worst enemy in others, my father however has the same kind of relationship with me as a crack dealer with his regular clients since I'm getting most if not all of my games from him nowadays.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I sorta have a stronger relationship with my father than with my mother. My father is my best friend and he's really really awesome. My mother, however, we tend to fight...so much for the pointless things. But our fighting kinda keeps us closer sometimes. So right now, there is a shaky balance between how I get along with my father and how I get along with my mother.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I have a great relationship with my mom. I can talk to her about literally anything. Yes, that includes religion, politics, and even the more...adult things that I've encountered since college. I would feel 100% comfortable telling her anything because she's always made it just...natural in our house. She hasn't raised me as an "I'm your friend, not your parent" parent, far from it, but she's raised me in a way that lets me know that even if she doesn't agree with what I do she'll support me and help me in any way she can. It's nice. I mean, sure we fight and she can be unreasonable at times, but I think she's the best mom around. :)

Years
    It is wonderful. We get on well, they trust me and say they are proud of me and what I have accomplished in my life so far.​

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    With my mom, it's on-and-off, though mostly on. We get along well and I don't mind going places with her as much. The only thing we typically disagree on though is time on electronics (typically computer/game console) versus reading/going outside/etc.

With my dad, it's typically on, though I am a bit intimidated by him. He's a big man (in both height and weight), and he's got quite the temper. There are times when I'm afraid to be around him, but other than that we have similar things in common and whatnot, which is weird 'cause I'm not with him as often as I'm with my mom and stepdad XD;

Finally, my stepdad. It's more off-and-on with him because his ideals for me are much different than those mom has. I'm more apt to get into an argument with him and end up crying and swearing as a result of it. Also our Chinese Zodiac aren't supposed to get along (I'm a rooster and he's a rabbit); it's a sign o3o

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
    I get on well with my parents. The only times when our conversations become strained is when my sister is involved (I know it sounds mean, but she really forces us to argue over her a lot) or when religion comes up (in my mum's case, that is.) Those conversations can be awkward. On the whole, though, I can talk to them about pretty much anything, though I don't usually take the opportunity. Dad has a bit more of a temper than Mum, which can flare up sometimes, and seeing as I inherited that temper to a certain extent . . .

Her

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2024
    Bleh, my parents and I have a terrible relationship. It can hardly be called a relationship at all :(

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I think I have great relationship with my parents. I can talk to them about anything and everything. We do everything and go everywhere together.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    Mostly not very good. They both distrust me, are disappointed in me and make silly assumptions about me, and in return I ignore/avoid them and I literally never act like myself when they're around.
    At the same time, though, I understand they've raised me and given me a home, and have never been particularly mean or incredibly unreasonable, and I appreciate that. Our ideas of the world and our takes on things are so incredibly different that I just can't ever see us getting along and I'll probably end up ducking them constantly once I'm living on my own. -shrugs-

Years
    Pretty good. I've no reason to hate them, and as far as I know they've no reason to hate me. I feel like I could approach them with anything and they'd be willing to help.

But I don't call them. I hate calling people, so I don't. They probably think I am the worst kid in the world. ;____;

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    My relationship with my parents is all right. I get along more with my mom than my dad because there are times when I feel that my dad is too strict (but the both of us still get along).

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
    I have awesome parents. I have said it before, and I will say it again, I am very blessed. My parentsaccept me for whoever I am and love me no matter what, support me in all my choices, and always have my best interests at heart. Therefore, I love them so much, I can't even put it into words.

The only thing I don't think I'll like is when I move out, my mom will probably call me like, once an hour, if not moreso. xDDD And that isn't that bad, comparatively. xD

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    Not great. My relationship with my father has always been challenged at best. He was always a douche when I was younger and it seemed like his main aim was to make people intimidated by him. Now that I'm old enough not to find him scary anymore, I just consider him an annoyance that I could live without.

My relationship with my mother was always far better, but in recent years it's also started going south. It's partially my fault and partially hers. It's my fault in that I've developed this weird psychological thing where I cannot stand my family knowing anything about me. They're all judgmental people so they only get to know the very bare essentials about who I am, what I do and where I go. It's my mother's fault in that I am now 21 years old and she has never learned how to stop being a teenager's mother. The most annoying example of this is when she tries (and note that tries is the operative word here) to set me a bed time.

I rarely complain about them to other people though. I know quite a few people (way more than you'd think for someone my age) who have lost their parents too young and would do anything to have these problems, so vocalising my issues with them makes me feel terrible.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
    My relationship with my parents is weird. Sometimes I reeeeeaaally like my mom but sometimes I hate her so much I hope she was dead. owo; As for my dad, I rarely see him and I don't really like him much because he scares me a little.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    My relationship with my parents is shaky. My father and I have nothing in common, so we rarely talk, and if we do, it is composed of short questions. My relationship with my mother is better. We talk sometimes, and there generally better conversations. I just find it is annoying to talk to any of my family really. I spend all day at school and work around annoying and yelling people, I just want to come home and be in silence.

Back