• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [Release] AdvanceMap 1.90 / 1.91 /1.92

Status
Not open for further replies.

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
    hey LU-HO, if it's true advance map is written in Delphi, would you have any objections to having someone compile a version for Linux, as I found a compiler that claims to use the same language(but I can't test that out, as I don't know Delphi).

There is a Delphi compiler for Linux, it's named Kylix.
    But nthe Problem is, my code is not compatible with kylix, vecouse i used the VLC not the CLX programming model.

AdvanceMap 2.0 is plan inthe CLX model, so it is compatible.
    but this will gone more than half a year until this will come out, sorry
    you ca use wine to run AdvanceMap on linux, some others have say it work with it.

I have 98 and it worked for a bit then just went kaput and now im trying to use it to script cuz i have no other tool to do so...

than this is the Problem, only version 1.46 (very very old one) work with win98, because this was smaller, and have less functions.... sorry....

jakerman999

looking for spriters
    Years
    But nthe Problem is, my code is not compatible with kylix, vecouse i used the VLC not the CLX programming model.

you ca use wine to run AdvanceMap on linux, some others have say it work with it.

than this is the Problem, only version 1.46 (very very old one) work with win98, because this was smaller, and have less functions.... sorry....

Kylix wasn't what it was called, but I can't remember the name, and I'm back on XP(no adept manager) so I can't look it up. must get beck to you on that one.

and as for win98, I had am1.82 working, but I was using second edition of windows(might have an upgraded code handler).

EDIT: the program was called Borland, but I'm not sure if it supports VLC or not, because Google didn't turn up anything usefull.

Last edited:

THE HACK ATTACK

a hack attack is coming soon.
    Years

Thanks i downloaded ver 1.46 but i hope i get a better computer soon... ive been losin patience with the one i've got...
    but am I able to use it for scripting and map editing????

jakerman999

looking for spriters
    Years
    error, in A-map, or mine?

I had a problem with the map connector. after removing the connections from the maps I was working with, and the maps that were connected to them, I connected three maps together in a row, but the connections only seem to be one way. I opened the connection manager in all three maps and set the proper map data(including the offset, but I wasn't sure what the zero out was) and loaded it up in vba. what happens when I walk through the map the first time is what would happen if was the regular connection, but when I turn around and walk back, the game freezes on the tile before the next map. on some occasions, the screen even turned a bright purple, and made a high pitched screech.

is this a problem in advance map, or a problem in how I set it up?(using am 1.92)

dude22072

Pokemon master man
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2013
    is there going to be a advace map where you can edit pokemon mystery dungeon red rescue team maps?

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
    Years
    sumtin cool might to u know make it so that you can edit the PICTURE of the world map :) you know since cyclone never got a "beta" version just a "engine" version that is to frikkin glitchy thanks just an idea for 1.93 (what is the purpose of v 1.xx y not just do v1 v2 v3 and so on ?) and a bug update might be to fix that issue where it doesn't ask for a header for the maps so you can actually rename one without renaming ALL. not tryin 2 b pushy just an idea :D

Years
    yo this program is the best one i ever seen you rock so hard and i thank you from the bottom of my heart you rock thank you so much this program is sick and rocks hell yeah thank you 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times again and again

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    uhh... iunno if this is a n00bish question but... each time i make a map and i want to delete it i cant >.< i can only make a new map, open a map, save a map and insert a map --- help pwease! if someone could tell me how to delete a map it would be great :D ty in advance

btw amap is incredible. nice work! :D

Last edited:

DJnebula

Intermediate Hacker
    Years
    As I PMed you, if you wouldn't mind attaching the AdvanceMap Program to one of your posts, considering the download link isn't working. =/

Years
    • it/its
    • Seen Nov 26, 2022
    is there going to be a advace map where you can edit pokemon mystery dungeon red rescue team maps?

There would be no point whatsoever in trying, mainly because the dungeons are randomly generated.

Come on, man. They even explained it in Mystery Dungeon Time/Darkness...

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
    Years
    I had a problem with the map connector. after removing the connections from the maps I was working with, and the maps that were connected to them, I connected three maps together in a row, but the connections only seem to be one way. I opened the connection manager in all three maps and set the proper map data(including the offset, but I wasn't sure what the zero out was) and loaded it up in vba. what happens when I walk through the map the first time is what would happen if was the regular connection, but when I turn around and walk back, the game freezes on the tile before the next map. on some occasions, the screen even turned a bright purple, and made a high pitched screech.

is this a problem in advance map, or a problem in how I set it up?(using am 1.92)

You need to connect forwards and backwards.
    For example, if you had 2 maps, connected only to each other in left-to-right order, you would need to set the connections for the map on the left to connect to the one on the right, but then you would also need to connect to the map on the left from the map on the right.

thank you 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times again and again
    Or, you could just thank him 10^49 times and be over with it :P

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
    Years
    There would be no point whatsoever in trying, mainly because the dungeons are randomly generated.

Come on, man. They even explained it in Mystery Dungeon Time/Darkness...
    they explained this in the rulebook of the first one too man that really irritates me when people don't even read the rulebooks then go out and ask silly questions :/ or maybe it was the guide either way it is just plain STUPID

K0k0r0

Spirit trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2008
    Where can I get a script editor for AM? Every time I try to script it says "No script editor defined"

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
    Where can I get a script editor for AM? Every time I try to script it says "No script editor defined"
    You can use XSE or PKSV
    They are both in the Toolbox. Once you've downloaded one, goto Settings->Choose script Editor and click on one of them.

P.S. For PKSV, I'm not really sure what to do, so asking score_under would suffice

LU-HO, the way advance map compiles level scripts. It doesn't do it right, you can see this in my tutorial...It overwrites a byte, with 0xFFFF when it's supposed to be (value - 1)

X-aveon

IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2012
    sumtin cool might to u know make it so that you can edit the PICTURE of the world map :) you know since cyclone never got a "beta" version just a "engine" version that is to frikkin glitchy thanks just an idea for 1.93 (what is the purpose of v 1.xx y not just do v1 v2 v3 and so on ?) and a bug update might be to fix that issue where it doesn't ask for a header for the maps so you can actually rename one without renaming ALL. not tryin 2 b pushy just an idea :D
    you have to use a hex editor for that, but someone might make a tool for that. you never know.

Anyways,
    I'd like to know if advanced map 1.92 is like 1.82 and when it inserts a map, it searches for free space to repoint? cuz i don't want to overwrite space.

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
    Years
    P.S. For PKSV, I'm not really sure what to do, so asking score_under would suffice
    Same as XSE, but you press "No" when it asks you what separator you use.
    Oh, and never use PKSV.exe, always use PKSVUI.exe. PKSV.exe is the backend, used by the UI program, and should only be used by advanced users or programmers.

jimmyjoejohnson said:
    sumtin cool might to u know make it so that you can edit the PICTURE of the world map
    X-aveon said:
    you have to use a hex editor for that, but someone might make a tool for that. you never know.
    D-Trogh has released a tool called "NTME", for want of a good alternative to Cyclone. I recommend trying.

X-aveon said:
    I'd like to know if advanced map 1.92 is like 1.82 and when it inserts a map, it searches for free space to repoint? cuz i don't want to overwrite space.
    A programmer _never_ removes features. Unless they're a DRM programmer, which you won't find in a rom-hacking forum ;)

Rexhunter99

C/C++ Programmer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Atla
    • Seen Sep 14, 2016
    Wow since i stopped hacking, lots of great juicy updates have popped up, it makes me feel like hacking again!
    Thanks guys!

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
    As I PMed you, if you wouldn't mind attaching the AdvanceMap Program to one of your posts, considering the download link isn't working. =/

The downloads work, but there are some Countrys that do not allow no-ip.info links....

so i make a other download link for this users:
    https://lu-ho.scizz.com/downloads/getam.php?v=1.92

please use the https://amneu.no-ip.info link it it work for you, because there will always linked the newest version... / or it is linked to the Mirror server, if the main server do not work.

PS: thx to score_under for answering all the questions.

greetz LU-HO

shinygoldash

bagel-meister ;)
    Years
    Handy Link to brilliant program. Much better than the one I started off with (1.76) Thanks 4 yer work.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back