• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [Release] AdvanceMap 1.90 / 1.91 /1.92

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 12, 2012
OK, than I was at fault in this Point. (Position of the Warp)

thx for the images, no i know what is the failure.
as i try to say in my Message bevore:
The Blocks where you see the arrow are a special block (other Block number) this Block you have to use under the Warp. and there where how the Arrow appear you have override with a normal block.

See attached image, it show which block you have to use where.

@liuyanghejerry: No this is new for me.
How do you insert the Map? and on witch Position? -> Bank and Map Number?

greetz LU-HO

Works perfectly now :) Thanks for the explanation, and the screenshot also helped ^_^

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 12, 2012
I really hate posting these questions here, but I keep running into problems. After beating the Pokemon league, Birch's lab in Emerald goes back to it's pre-edited form, not sure if it's a script or a new map that I need to edit. strange thing is the added events I put in (boulders) stayed, it's just all the original movement positions and tiles came back. I have a screenshot to explain.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
I really hate posting these questions here, but I keep running into problems. After beating the Pokemon league, Birch's lab in Emerald goes back to it's pre-edited form, not sure if it's a script or a new map that I need to edit. strange thing is the added events I put in (boulders) stayed, it's just all the original movement positions and tiles came back. I have a screenshot to explain.

That's just a level script with "setmaptile".

Years
Open File->Map...->Insert map:
Create New space,bank 0,Number of reversed map 1,
Create map and insert.
Then it happens.

I make a IPS for this problem,patch it onto a original EM and you can see how it happens.

And also,I upload a save file of VBA for it.It's a JP ROM save file,but from it,you can see the problem.
My friend report this BUG to me,he said even a US ROM save file also have the same result(Ya,all black problem).

Maybe the way I insert map is wrong,if it is,don't be angry^^

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
Open File->Map...->Insert map:
Create New space,bank 0,Number of reversed map 1,
Create map and insert.
Then it happens.

I make a IPS for this problem,patch it onto a original EM and you can see how it happens.

And also,I upload a save file of VBA for it.It's a JP ROM save file,but from it,you can see the problem.
My friend report this BUG to me,he said even a US ROM save file also have the same result(Ya,all black problem).

Maybe the way I insert map is wrong,if it is,don't be angry^^

Uncheck "Automatically look for offsets" and repoint all offsets.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
I'm assuming I can fix it from the map's header, but you wanna give me steps just in case I screw up?

Header => Level Script
Open the first (0).

'---------------
#org 0x1F9CF7
setmapfooter 0x1B0
spritebehave 0x3 0x3
movesprite2 0x3 0x5 0xA
end

'---------------
#org 0x1F9CF3
setmapfooter 0x1B0
end

Delete "setmapfooter" and compile.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 12, 2012
Header => Level Script
Open the first (0).

'---------------
#org 0x1F9CF7
setmapfooter 0x1B0
spritebehave 0x3 0x3
movesprite2 0x3 0x5 0xA
end

'---------------
#org 0x1F9CF3
setmapfooter 0x1B0
end

Delete "setmapfooter" and compile.

Yay it worked! Thanks a load :)
By the way, do you know the script to start with the National Dex? If you don't it's fine, but just thought I'd check. (Also would need to know in which bank and whatnot it goes)

Sky
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Do you notice that insert a new map in EM will make the Battle Pyramid map in Battle Frontier dead.When you step in,it's totally dark and you'll never out with endless walking...no wild pkmn,no trainer...
Yes, I think hero is warped to 26.26 but this is a special map, this map will link to many maps in bank 25. But when you insert new tile, the map connection is corrupted, and no map connect to map 26.26. If you change border block you can see it.
I tried to changed hex data of map header, footer... same as the original version, but it's not work.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
Yay it worked! Thanks a load :)
By the way, do you know the script to start with the National Dex? If you don't it's fine, but just thought I'd check. (Also would need to know in which bank and whatnot it goes)

It's not a script, but a only special.
For Emerald (F), the special is 0x1F3, and it active the national dex.

I have no idea for Emerald (U), sorry.
But you can try this special :)

And which will get the same result.

Try create new bank but in another number.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 12, 2012
It's not a script, but a only special.
For Emerald (F), the special is 0x1F3, and it active the national dex.

I have no idea for Emerald (U), sorry.
But you can try this special :)

That's the right special, but I can't find the script where it fits into. I've been looking through all the Birch actions in mapbank 1.4 and can't find anything. I'm looking for where "Oh, hi" and all I can find really is the Pokenav (register) event for him. You wanna give me the bit to add it in?

Thought it could have been in here:
Code:
'---------------
#org 0x1FA2D2
msgbox 0x82B5F52 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"PROF. BIRCH: Oh, [player]\v\h05!\n..."
closeonkeypress
pause 0x1E
fanfare 0x1CC
msgbox 0x82B603A MSG_KEEPOPEN '"Registered PROF. BIRCH\nin the POK..."
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
pause 0x1E
setflag 0x119
setvar 0x40DA 0x2
release
end

'---------------

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
That's the right special, but I can't find the script where it fits into. I've been looking through all the Birch actions in mapbank 1.4 and can't find anything. I'm looking for where "Oh, hi" and all I can find really is the Pokenav (register) event for him. You wanna give me the bit to add it in?

You can activate the national dex in an separate script ("S" Event case).
It's very simple if you use setvars.

Example :

'---------------
#org 0xOffset
special 0x1F3
subvar 0xID 0xValue
setvar 0xID 0xValue
end

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 12, 2012
You can activate the national dex in an separate script ("S" Event case).
It's very simple if you use setvars.

Example :

'---------------
#org 0xOffset
special 0x1F3
subvar 0xID 0xValue
setvar 0xID 0xValue
end

I was looking through a scripting tut. and it seems that I need to know the event where the pokedex is given? Not sure where this is as I was saying earlier. I'm very new to scripting (first time trying actually) so ya. It may just be better if I sent you the ipa and you tried it out, but I understand if you don't really want to. Otherwise I would need to know how to find the values of whatever, the complete script (with where to edit) and where to place the script so that the Pokedex auto updates when Birch gives it to you.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
I was looking through a scripting tut. and it seems that I need to know the event where the pokedex is given? Not sure where this is as I was saying earlier. I'm very new to scripting (first time trying actually) so ya. It may just be better if I sent you the ipa and you tried it out, but I understand if you don't really want to. Otherwise I would need to know how to find the values of whatever, the complete script (with where to edit) and where to place the script so that the Pokedex auto updates when Birch gives it to you.

Don't worry.
If you activate the script

'---------------
#org 0xOffset
special 0x1F3
subvar 0xID 0xValue
setvar 0xID 0xValue
end

Before the Birch script, it's okay, the DEX is automaticly updated when your get.

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
Years
Hi,LU-HO~

Do you notice that insert a new map in EM will make the Battle Pyramid map in Battle Frontier dead.When you step in,it's totally dark and you'll never out with endless walking...no wild pkmn,no trainer...

Hello Together

I found the problem...
Every time when you insert a new Map, AdvanceMap have to Repoint part of the MapBankHeader.
And also the List named "AnbindungsListe" this is the List which is used by some Script commands to change the Map.

The Position of the AnbindungsListe is in each version (expect Emerald) only written at one Offset in the Rom, so AdvanceMap only change one Pointer.

But in Emerald the AnbindungsListe is linked from 2 Offsets in the Rom, and the second one is not changed by AdvanceMap...

=> Guide to fix the Problem: (offsets for Emerald Eng 1.0)
- After Insert a new Map
- open Hexeditor and goto: $0849CC
- copy 4 Bytes (Pointer) from there
- goto: $1AA17C
- insert the copied 4 Bytes (Pointer) to here
- save the Game

now the Battle Pyramid work.

Offsets for other Roms:
Spoiler:

AdvanceMap insert 10 new Empty entries, each time it Repoint this list, so you have to make the fix (see Guide) each time after inserting 10 Maps... (or on time after last inserted Map.)
(If you have deactivated Automatic Repoint, the Title of Repoint Window is "Re-locate list of connections" if AdvanceMap Repoint this list.)

greetz LU-HO

Last edited:
Years
Try create new bank but in another number.

Yes, I think hero is warped to 26.26 but this is a special map, this map will link to many maps in bank 25. But when you insert new tile, the map connection is corrupted, and no map connect to map 26.26. If you change border block you can see it.
I tried to changed hex data of map header, footer... same as the original version, but it's not work.

Thank you very much^^.

Hello Together

I found the problem...
Every time when you insert a new Map, AdvanceMap have to Repoint part of the MapBankHeader.
And also the List named "AnbindungsListe" this is the List which is used by some Script commands to change the Map.

The Position of the AnbindungsListe is in each version (expect Emerald) only written at one Offset in the Rom, so AdvanceMap only change one Pointer.

But in Emerald the AnbindungsListe is linked from 2 Offsets in the Rom, and the second one is not changed by AdvanceMap...

- After Insert a new Map
- save the Game

Offsets for other Roms:
Spoiler:

AdvanceMap insert 10 new Empty entries, each time it Repoint this list, so you have to make the fix (see Guide) each time after inserting 10 Maps... (or on time after last inserted Map.)
(If you have deactivated Automatic Repoint, the Title of Repoint Window is "Re-locate list of connections" if AdvanceMap Repoint this list.)

greetz LU-HO
Ok~finally the reason is clear.Hope could be fixed next version.(One more sentence,can't wait new AM...XD)
Thanks~

Sky
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Hello Together

I found the problem...

- After Insert a new Map
- save the Game

Offsets for other Roms:
Spoiler:

greetz LU-HO
Finally, it can be fixed. Awesome, Lu-ho.
I hope the next version will be released soon. Good luck and Happy New Year :)

558122_DG

Learning how to make mistakes
Years
  • Seen May 27, 2021
i don't know whether this was asked but how do you delete a map that u accedentally inserted? Can it be done?

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
Years
No, Maps can not be deleted, becaus this would "damage" the reading system.
you can only set the size of an map to 1x1 or overwrite it with a new map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back