• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [Release] AdvanceMap 1.90 / 1.91 /1.92

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakerman999

looking for spriters
Years
  • new advance map on windows 98?

Hello, I just downloaded the new version of A-map, and I known that searching through code gets tiresome(being a somewhat experienced programmer myself), but is there anything preventing this from working on windows 98 SE?

1.82 works, but when I load a ROM into 1.91 and choose a map, it gives me a message box which reads:
    "The parameter is incorrect".

then when i mouse over one of the buttons at the top(like the load ROM button) it spits back:
    "Canvas does not allow drawing".

I have tried with different ROM's and this is always the out-put.
    any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

MudMast

Does not exist.
    Years
  • Hi!
    Lu-HO, don't know if that happened with more somebody... but it seems that that new AMAP is worse!!
    I just edited an ONLY tree of a ROUT 02... and ROUT 01 was defective!!
    All disappeared the events! PEOPLE, SCRIPTS, SINGPOSTS WARPS..... everything disappeared!!
    It was not only happened with me... but I will reinstall him and to test again!

If no... I will continue with same AMAP1.82! XD

(excuse for bad English, I am Brazilian)

strange, that had happened to my fire red rom a while back.

i think mine was due to the old version though.

Years
  • Lu-Ho:
    Forgives for my English evil... But there is to mistake in the mini's
    --------
    And Xiros:
    It Is what I wanted to say...

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
  • Okay, whenever I try to open Advance Map 1.91 it says, "Stack Overflow" and I can't open it! Can you please help me?

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
  • Okay, please help me with my above question, but I also have another question! When you showed me the answer to my obvious question above, was that in AdvanceMap 1.91?

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2013
    You do know that the forum has a nice edit feature that you can use,
    So you dont have to create a other post.

And have you tried reading all 7 pages,
    Since one of those can include and probably does,
    A fix or a explanation as to why it does what it does for you.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Sweet, you fixed those annoying bugs. Man I love it! I kept on getting errors with the old thing, but now it's better and improved! Thanks!

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
  • Hmm...
    You said that the resizing problem is fixed in 1.91.
    I resizen LAVANDIA (Lavender Town), it said
    "Cannot read bytes behind end of the file. Please contact...." and that sh**.
    But nothing happened! My map didn't crash! :):):):):)

AmineX

Music Expert
    Years
  • hi lu-ho YOU RELEASE BLOCK ANIMATION EDITOR ? for edit a proper animation for any block A DOOR A FLOWER

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
  • hi lu-ho YOU RELEASE BLOCK ANIMATION EDITOR ? for edit a proper animation for any block A DOOR A FLOWER
    That animation editor has been since version 1.90, but both versions only edit
    behavior and background bytes there hasn't been a proper block animation editor yet unfortunatly...
    because I've downloaded it and I can't see something like that. Sorry! :nervous:

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • LU-HO,

I'm writing something that is able to read the map file that your program is able to save,
    Now it was quite easy to locate where the map size is stored,

And i thought also quite easy to locate the Tile and place it on the map,
    But it seems not though.

When i load your map file of lets say "PALLET TOWN",
    The tree's surounding the village show normaly,
    And some grass + 3 signs also,

But the rest seems to be all a mess and i'm not quite sure why.
    Also some of the data between the map size and map actual data i dont know what its for.

So i was hoping you could tell me what it means and why it doesnt show correct.

I really hope you can explain it to me,
    Heres a screenie i cant post links yet but this should work.

"thugie"."nl"."/image.png" yes the name is really image.png

Well i got a ahead a bit but it still confuses me since when i load a diffrent tileset for a diffrent map the values dont work anymore,

Code:
          if asc(right(left(map,2),1)) <> 4 and asc(right(left(map,2),1)) <> 48 then
            row=row+64
            temp=temp
            if asc(right(left(map,2),1)) = 17 then
              row=row+9
            elseif asc(right(left(map,2),1)) = 49 then
              row=row-32
            elseif asc(right(left(map,2),1)) = 5 then
              row=row-32
            end if
          end if
    Using this i am able to show PALLET TOWN fully.

Still hope you can explain this all to me and how the rom shows a top layer since your app seems to make it look like it doesn't have any..
    Like walking under a tree you can see yourself standing under it not ontop.

You make a Programm to Paint the information saved in a .map file of AdvanceMap?
    Nice idea^^ contact me on ICQ than i can Help better, i don't understand what exactly is your problem...

Can somebody help me? when i try to download any advance map above 1.50 it gives me the ewf file(which i think your not supposed to get), i dont know how to fix this issue(and i have tried everthign).Is there something i can do to download it(because nothing is working)?

if you go to https://amneu.no-ip.info there no download will start? what happen, if it don't start a download?

Hello, I just downloaded the new version of A-map, and I known that searching through code gets tiresome(being a somewhat experienced programmer myself), but is there anything preventing this from working on windows 98 SE?

1.82 works, but when I load a ROM into 1.91 and choose a map, it gives me a message box which reads:
    "The parameter is incorrect".

then when i mouse over one of the buttons at the top(like the load ROM button) it spits back:
    "Canvas does not allow drawing".

I have tried with different ROM's and this is always the out-put.
    any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

these are Errors come in older Windows. i don't know why or when they came. so i cannot do anything that it do not came again...

Lu-Ho:
    Forgives for my English evil... But there is to mistake in the mini's
    --------
    And Xiros:
    It Is what I wanted to say...

AdcanceMap is not an ImageEditor so i will not add a function to change image data....

Okay, whenever I try to open Advance Map 1.91 it says, "Stack Overflow" and I can't open it! Can you please help me?

do you use a old windows? or a new one (Win2000 or above)?
    if it is a old one, i cannot help you.
    the old windows handle some things other then the new one. and i do not know why this errors came...

Okay, please help me with my above question, but I also have another question! When you showed me the answer to my obvious question above, was that in AdvanceMap 1.91?

hä? do not understand what you try to say...

Sweet, you fixed those annoying bugs. Man I love it! I kept on getting errors with the old thing, but now it's better and improved! Thanks!

what errors? if i do not know wht the errors are i will never can fix them....

Hmm...
    You said that the resizing problem is fixed in 1.91.
    I resizen LAVANDIA (Lavender Town), it said
    "Cannot read bytes behind end of the file. Please contact...." and that sh**.
    But nothing happened! My map didn't crash! :):):):):)

The problem is fixed, so it will not damage more of your Maps/data. but if you have already damaged Maps, they are damaged, and i can nothing do, as i say on the info Post about the Bug.

hi lu-ho YOU RELEASE BLOCK ANIMATION EDITOR ? for edit a proper animation for any block A DOOR A FLOWER

AdcanceMap is not an ImageEditor so i will not add a function to change image data, and also not animation data............

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2013
    I never used ICQ before,
    But when i have time i will try it out,
    First going to get myself a new hdd today since this one has seen its years..

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
  • Okay, I tried that instructions you told me to do and it didn't work! I'm using a Windows 98, so is there anyway to fix it?

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • Okay, I tried that instructions you told me to do and it didn't work! I'm using a Windows 98, so is there anyway to fix it?

Sorry, no idea. AdvanceMap isn't supporting winME/win98/win95...
    if any version of AdvanceMap work on your old Windows your have luck...

Years
  • Lu-HO, I still get the Advance map two error. Ive cycled through a variety of roms from emerald to numerous fire reds and I just cant seem to shake It. I never get much past editing pallet town when I try to edit a map to insert another building in the town I cant without causeing the error. Very disheratening. WOuld I be better of with a previous version?

---Pedro--

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • [Release] AdvanceMap 1.92

Hello together

The new version is here AdvanceMap 1.92.
    It is also a Bugfix Version, but have also some new functions.

Changes:
    - it takes the right ini entry 12170 not 1217 for the description of Transaprency question.
    - There is new a Chinese and Korean Languagefile.
    - The italien languagefile is updated.
    - there will no longer be an AMError 4 on resize a map without save the changes first.
    (- the amount of Blocks in Emerald Tileset 40 corrected.)
    - The Amount of Blocks will now be calculated (difference between Blockdata and Behaviordada). On decrase the Amount this will not work correctly therefore the <Romname>.ini is still required. (the Tileset.ini's isn't still required, but for be save i will not delete them for the moment.)
    (there could be problems, if some one repoint the data in hexeditor, because of the form how i calculate it.)
    - on people events there will now be better description for one field: View radius/Plant-ID.
    - Now it will occure an AdvanceMapError 12 if you open an invalid RomType.
    - there is now a %-bar on Encounter radio of wildpokemons.
    - on Mapscripts i will use only an 1 Byte EndMarker. (to prevent of override data.)
    - improved the handling of EventHeader.
    - fixed bugs and improved the Map-replace and map-insert functions.
    - the palettes for Tilesets can now saved/loaded in different file formats.
    - there is now also a great-block function for the Blockeditor (also here its the keystroke Ctrl+right click)
    - new options for recent files (under settings)

Greets goes to:
    Tutti, Hackrex, Xeramon, HackMew, Pool92 for Ideas and Betatests.
    All how have Report a Bug.

Download AM 1.92
    https://am192.no-ip.info

The link https://amneu.no-ip.info has been adjusted as well.

have fun with new Verison.
    Bug-Reports as always to me.

@all translators: if you want update your language file (translate new texts since last version) you can send me the new texts per PM or Mail.

Greetings, LU-HO

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back