• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [Release] AdvanceMap 1.90 / 1.91 /1.92

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • hey LuHo, the newest version is AWESOME.
    all those old bugs are fixed!
    i'm just wondering, i've got a map with bridges like the ones in victory road on ruby version. the horizontal ones are fine but the vertical ones, the character walks under them all the time?
    keep up the good work!

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • hey LuHo, the newest version is AWESOME.
    all those old bugs are fixed!
    i'm just wondering, i've got a map with bridges like the ones in victory road on ruby version. the horizontal ones are fine but the vertical ones, the character walks under them all the time?
    keep up the good work!

Do you use the right combination of Movement permission data?

Years
  • Do you use the right combination of Movement permission data?

yeh, it works fine with 3C connected to both 10, C, and 4.

but when i have 3C, 10 and 14 that's when it goes wrong. what do i do there? is it something other than 3C?

here's the map also

perhaps you could add a 'movement permissions picture saver'?

Last edited:

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
  • yeh, it works fine with 3C connected to both 10, C, and 4.

but when i have 3C, 10 and 14 that's when it goes wrong. what do i do there? is it something other than 3C?

here's the map also
    I think it's not an advancemap problem but a hack design problem.
    You're lucky I'm bored because the answer is long to write.
    You can't do it with 10 and 14, so you have to manage to put 10 and 0C instead.
    I'm guessing you mean in the part after the first bridge over the sea going from north to south. I'm making this up without AM or testing or anything, so maybe it's wrong.
    I'm picking that part, the upper left corner is that tree next to the sea (so you get a reference). From there, imagine an 11x7 matrix of permissions
    Try these permissions
    Code:
    01 04 04 04 04 04 04
    01 10 10 10 10 10 01
    01 01 14 01 10 10 10
    01 01 00 01 00 00 01
    01 01 10 01 0C 0C 01
    01 0C 3C 0C 0C 0C 01
    01 0C 3C 0C 0C 0C 01
    01 0C 3C 0C 0C 0C 01
    01 0C 3C 0C 0C 0C 01
    01 0C 3C 0C 0C 0C 01
    01 01 10 10 01 00 10

To sum up, the trick is to use 00 to switch between 0C and 10 even if there are no "stairs". Try to use 10 only under cliff borders to avoid walking and surfing (and possible mis-layering caused of this) and to do layering tricks (go see beds in FR).
    Use 14 just when necessary (for example, see in that little mountain whose only function is to cause you problems, I used, vertically, 14, 00, 10. 14 to avoid contact with the 10 in the tile over it (which has 10 to avoid contact with the water tile), 00 to allow movement towards the 10 and 10 to be coherent with the other side of the bridge.
    Now I think about it, in that little mountain you could also use 14 / 14 / 14 and then use 14's in the whole mountain that is in the other side of the bridge. In other words: use 00's in the level 1 ground to switch between 0C and 10 when necessary, and then make the bridge with 3C's touching 0C's and 10's.

Hope you understand all this because it took me almost 20 minutes to write.

Years
  • I think it's not an advancemap problem but a hack design problem.
    You're lucky I'm bored because the answer is long to write.
    You can't do it with 10 and 14, so you have to manage to put 10 and 0C instead.
    I'm guessing you mean in the part after the first bridge over the sea going from north to south. I'm making this up without AM or testing or anything, so maybe it's wrong.
    I'm picking that part, the upper left corner is that tree next to the sea (so you get a reference). From there, imagine an 11x7 matrix of permissions
    Try these permissions
    Code:
    01 04 04 04 04 04 04
    01 10 10 10 10 10 01
    01 01 14 01 10 10 10
    01 01 00 01 00 00 01
    01 01 10 01 0C 0C 01
    01 0C 3C 0C 0C 0C 01
    01 0C 3C 0C 0C 0C 01
    01 0C 3C 0C 0C 0C 01
    01 0C 3C 0C 0C 0C 01
    01 0C 3C 0C 0C 0C 01
    01 01 10 10 01 00 10

To sum up, the trick is to use 00 to switch between 0C and 10 even if there are no "stairs". Try to use 10 only under cliff borders to avoid walking and surfing (and possible mis-layering caused of this) and to do layering tricks (go see beds in FR).
    Use 14 just when necessary (for example, see in that little mountain whose only function is to cause you problems, I used, vertically, 14, 00, 10. 14 to avoid contact with the 10 in the tile over it (which has 10 to avoid contact with the water tile), 00 to allow movement towards the 10 and 10 to be coherent with the other side of the bridge.
    Now I think about it, in that little mountain you could also use 14 / 14 / 14 and then use 14's in the whole mountain that is in the other side of the bridge. In other words: use 00's in the level 1 ground to switch between 0C and 10 when necessary, and then make the bridge with 3C's touching 0C's and 10's.

Hope you understand all this because it took me almost 20 minutes to write.

YEH. i understand it perfectly well, but i'm not sure where you mean. the bit with the 3 bridges ontop of the mountain?
    i'll have a look at the beds.
    THANKS HEEAPS FOR THE HELP

EDIT: i am pretty sure it is fixed...but i am going to check now.
    what i did was i changed the block data on the top edges of the mountain so that the person was blocked upwards, and i used the 00's for the starting bridge, so that it would still work. i will do a print screen and post it here if it works. Thanks again!

EDIT: I got it working! Except for the bit where the bridge goes over the water and land. But i got it WORKING! THANKYOU SO MUCH Teh Baro!
    That's how you make a map. and it works perfectly. just gotta work out that one permission! w00t. hope to see a movement permission image capture in the next version.

cheers, SirWillis

Last edited:

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • EDIT: I got it working! Except for the bit where the bridge goes over the water and land. But i got it WORKING! THANKYOU SO MUCH Teh Baro!
    That's how you make a map. and it works perfectly. just gotta work out that one permission! w00t. hope to see a movement permission image capture in the next version.

cheers, SirWillis

Hm... sure, i will add one.... i haven't know i haven't insert one. ^^"

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
  • YEH. i understand it perfectly well, but i'm not sure where you mean. the bit with the 3 bridges ontop of the mountain?
    i'll have a look at the beds.
    THANKS HEEAPS FOR THE HELP

EDIT: i am pretty sure it is fixed...but i am going to check now.
    what i did was i changed the block data on the top edges of the mountain so that the person was blocked upwards, and i used the 00's for the starting bridge, so that it would still work. i will do a print screen and post it here if it works. Thanks again!

EDIT: I got it working! Except for the bit where the bridge goes over the water and land. But i got it WORKING! THANKYOU SO MUCH Teh Baro!

cheers, SirWillis
    Now I think about it, you shouldn't make a bridge over both water and land because then you could go over all the 3C's once you step on them. Put a tree or something to block that part.

Look at the part below, where the house is. There are problems in that part: you shouldn't be able to "climb" the hill while surfing, but putting 10 would cause layer problems. The best choice is to cut the way in water so you can surf that part, and just put 01 in the water and 0C behind the house.

In the attachment is what I would put.

Attachments

• [Release] AdvanceMap 1.90 / 1.91 /1.92
      movement permissions.png
      32.2 KB · Views: 39

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
    Years
  • Now I think about it, you shouldn't make a bridge over both water and land because then you could go over all the 3C's once you step on them. Put a tree or something to block that part.

Look at the part below, where the house is. There are problems in that part: you shouldn't be able to "climb" the hill while surfing, but putting 10 would cause layer problems. The best choice is to cut the way in water so you can surf that part, and just put 01 in the water and 0C behind the house.

In the attachment is what I would put.
    Teh Baro, compile that map into a ROM, then move the character one square to the left of the bottom of the bottom vertical bridge. Then try walking upwards...into the water T_T
    I'm sure you didn't mean for the pokédude to behave like Jesus!

tenentenen

Hackin' away
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2009
    Lu-ho, I feel that ther needs to be a feature that well editing maps, you can selest more than one block at a time so like select theentire tree from the pallete and the place the whole tree in the map. it would make life a whole lot easier if there was a feature like this

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • Hey LU-HO are you currently working on any updates for AdvanceMap other than the 1.92 version?

no, in this moment i do not work on AdvanceMap, i have other (also not RH related) projekts i want to do.

Lu-ho, I feel that ther needs to be a feature that well editing maps, you can selest more than one block at a time so like select theentire tree from the pallete and the place the whole tree in the map. it would make life a whole lot easier if there was a feature like this

-_- this function is there since AM 1.50
    read the readme file.... there all "Hot Keys" are described.....

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
  • ok...i have fixed it. the reason why all that water was C was so that i could test it.
    im still not sure what to do about the house, but for now it works.

The best choice is to put the house somewhere else, like two tiles below

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    This happens when I open a map that uses Tileset 16 in AdvanceMap 1.92:
    Spoiler:

Here is the same map in AdvanceMap 1.90:
    Spoiler:

And here it is in-game:
    [Release] AdvanceMap 1.90 / 1.91 /1.92

It doesn't open that Tileset at all in 1.92.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2016
    Hey I hve 1.92, but there is a prob with the menus. They all say stuff like [11 Menue] and none of it's English! what's happening?

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2016
    Yes. Should I put the english.ini in the sprachen directory too?
    EDIT: Fixed it! Thanks! I just copied english.ini into the sprachen directory.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back