• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [Release] AdvanceMap 1.90 / 1.91 /1.92

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetribemaster

Pokemon: Brink of Oblivion
Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2009
    You are an extremely lucky person that this awesome program works with full functionality in Ubuntu. And I congratulate you. Some programs Wine just refuses to try to load.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2010
    WOW!!!! This tool is awesome! I'm still a bit of a newbie with all these tools, but this tool looks amazing. I'm gonna attempt to hack my Fire Red game tonight and see what i can do.

I'm editing Pokemon Fire Red using the latest Advance Map Editor, and i'm looking to add pokemon around in different areas in pokeballs, similar to when you pick up an Eevee, but using the Advance Map, it asks for a "Script Offset" and a "Person ID"

I was wondering if anybody could help me edit these 2 items to suit different pokemon or different items. I was wondering if there was a list or something that you know of? I know how to actually add the event and make it work, i just don't know the codes that would make the pokeball contain a Bulbasaur for example or a Master Ball.

ANy help would be great. Cheers

Last edited:

sharkshank

Banned
    Years
  • Glitch

there is this 1 annoying glitch, when you make a map and insert it, and u make another map and insert it, they both get named the same. you cant change them.

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
    Years
  • @sharkshank - Well, you have to know that theres an certain amount of names for all the maps. You can only change their name. This part is hard to explain -.-, when you rename like say Littleroot Town, all maps associated to it will also be renamed. Thats just how it is.

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    I don't know if im able to ask this here, but i was wondering how do you change the tilesets? I don't mean with the ones already available, i mean like completley new ones. I see pokemon hacks with tiles that arent available on advance map. So how do i insert those? Example: Diamond and Pearl Tiles.

Thanks

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    I don't know if im able to ask this here, but i was wondering how do you change the tilesets? I don't mean with the ones already available, i mean like completley new ones. I see pokemon hacks with tiles that arent available on advance map. So how do i insert those? Example: Diamond and Pearl Tiles.

Thanks

Its Tile Inserting. There is a tutorial for it in the Documents and Tutorials thread. Or ROM Bases as well.

BlackendAbyss

Afro Trainer
    Years
  • hi

i sent you a message but i think i fixed that problem (not really sure how) but i did. Now i was wondering, i changed littleroot town to how i want it on the advance map and when i load the game its fine, but when i go towards the edge of the map i still see all the trees on the outskirts, this totally messes with the setting of my map so is there a way to go beyond what you see in the map editor and change those trees into sand or water or snow? Thanks for the help in advance

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • Hi

do you meen the trees around the map you designed in AdvanceMap?
    These is the "Border-Block" that fill all empty space around the map.
    you can change them in the small box above the Block-Palettes, at right of the Map view.

Greetz LU-HO

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2010
    Hmm. So far, Advance Map is amazing! However, when I'm editing and looking at place names, a good portion of them are showing up in what I think is German (all under the "From Ini" section). Is there any way to change this, or is this part of the rom I'm using? Worst comes to worst, I can work around it, but it would be nice to be able to figure out what map is what without having to actually open it and try to recall what it looks like. Thanks!

Edit: Okay, now I feel stupid. "From Header" and "From ini" just have different organizations, and the ini is actually editable... Wow. Sorry about that!

Last edited:

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    every time, I try to make the map a little bit bigger, it messes up the map

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • Hmm. So far, Advance Map is amazing! However, when I'm editing and looking at place names, a good portion of them are showing up in what I think is German (all under the "From Ini" section). Is there any way to change this, or is this part of the rom I'm using? Worst comes to worst, I can work around it, but it would be nice to be able to figure out what map is what without having to actually open it and try to recall what it looks like. Thanks!

Edit: Okay, now I feel stupid. "From Header" and "From ini" just have different organizations, and the ini is actually editable... Wow. Sorry about that!

Hi

Yes the inis are German Names, because I''m from Switzerland therefore I use German Roms. ;-)

As it say, the "From Header" read the data directly form the Rom-Headers.
    In "From Ini" you see what in the Ini is written.
    In AdvanceMap you can Change many things by changing ini files. (In the Readme-File many ini-files are described, also the files for the "From Ini"-Part of AdvanceMap.)

If you want simple create new inis for the currently oben Rom, you can do this with the this menu point under Settings:
    [Release] AdvanceMap 1.90 / 1.91 /1.92
    This function will export the Tree under "From Header" as you see it in this moment.

There you can also change the From Header sort order (same as in the Toolbars-combobox) [Also to change the view the function will export.]

this option will create 2 files, newmain.ini and newmaps.ini you must rename this 2 file and replace the existing ones.
    Main/Maps for R/S/E Roms
    frMain/frMaps for FR/LG Roms

This function exist since AM 1.80.
    PS: this function have problems with Emerald Roms, because of the Empty name and Name duplicates in its NameList, so the ini will only create part of it.

You can also Define different main/maps ini-files for your different Rom-!TYPES!, you have to change the lines in the AdvanceMap.ini.
    for Example the Emerald Roms:
    [Version:BPE]
    mainfile=ini/Main.ini
    mapsfile=ini/Maps.ini

you could change to:
    [Version:BPE]
    mainfile=ini/emMain.ini
    mapsfile=ini/emMaps.ini
    After generating the inis for your Emerald Rom to support different listings in "From Ini" on Emerald Roms.

now it's a small Tutorial^^

greetz LU-HO

Last edited:

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
    Years
  • wait, lu-ho, I don't fully understand, does it add more map headers, or just edit the .ini because I don't know what the .ini does in the rom

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • wait, lu-ho, I don't fully understand, does it add more map headers, or just edit the .ini because I don't know what the .ini does in the rom

Hi

This ini's does absolutely NOTHING!
    I(personally) do not see any need for this...
    It can be used to better naming your maps(for AdvanceMap).
    But i newer heard about someone who realy need the inis.

PS: if you insert new maps int he ROM, they will not be shown under "From ini" until you create new ini's as described bevore.

Greetz LU-HO

cyberzero

New Hacker. Fast Learner.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2009
    Hey Lu-Ho! Amazing tool, absolutely essential for hacks, and it is awesome that you're putting so much effort in if for us.

Unfortunately, I've hit a problem - I'm sorry if it's been mentioned before, but I skimmed through the thread a few times and found nothing. There's a specific map that I'm trying to insert, and it works perfectly in Advance Map, with scripts and all, but when I try and enter the map in-game, the game restarts. After this, if I open up the file in Advance Map, only not all of the maps are there. It claims that the map does not exist.

I am using AMap 1.92, as I thought the problem was the resizing one you mentioned in the first post, but it still doesn't work.

Years
  • Hey Lu-Ho! Amazing tool, absolutely essential for hacks, and it is awesome that you're putting so much effort in if for us.

Unfortunately, I've hit a problem - I'm sorry if it's been mentioned before, but I skimmed through the thread a few times and found nothing. There's a specific map that I'm trying to insert, and it works perfectly in Advance Map, with scripts and all, but when I try and enter the map in-game, the game restarts. After this, if I open up the file in Advance Map, only not all of the maps are there. It claims that the map does not exist.

I am using AMap 1.92, as I thought the problem was the resizing one you mentioned in the first post, but it still doesn't work.

I've had the exact same problem. :(

LU-HO, can you please explain the world map editor and how to use it? I'm not exactly sure how to use it and it would be helpful for my hack. :)

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    how do I write stuff on the new signs I put up

Edit: Also I can't get the map shots saved in a format that can be uploaded online.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back