• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [Release] AdvanceMap 1.90 / 1.91 /1.92

Status
Not open for further replies.

ville!

Abbysus, abbysus invocat!
Years
  • hi! i have a question, is possible that i put a map from other rom (red fire) and put it over other map in other rom (fire red too)? cuz i edited a map, and i wanna export it to another rom.
    if it is possible, how can i do that? (sorry for my english!)

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
  • Um, I'm having a slight problem with the 1.92 version. When I tried to run it, I got a long error message in another language. Do you know what might be causing this?

EDIT: Nevermind, I re-downloaded and now it's working :D Thanks!

Last edited:

Korronensu

Scrap Punk
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2010
    does the intro say mugs? if so , thats your problem.

What intro? What do you mean mugs? I created it just like any other map, and for one reason or another I can't find, it crashes VBA.

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • eh...i made an uh-oh for sure.
    I'm not sure what it is though.
    a report and screenie is about as far as i've gotten.
    clipboard01v.png

It only happens to a few of my maps so far i've found it happens for 3.16 and 3.10 (FR us BPRE)
    after this happened a-map is closed by xp.
    Is my rom screwed?
    it still plays fine on no$gba which is a lot pickier (and when your testing something that requires a long time to test) emulator than vba, it just can't do the graphics as well for one reason or another.
    another thing. It happened when i opened today, and then twinleaf (3.16) was screwed in a-map (severely randomly placed blocks) but a-map let me cope and i fixed that, then i was going to test it, the map was edited, but before hand, it looked fine O_o.
    Then i went to Jubilife (can't remember map bank and what not)
    and it gave me problems as well.
    THen i went to Eterna (3.10) and it gave me this crap.
    is this prob with a-map or rom?
    if prob with rom would you know how to fix it?
    Wont' be back on till tomorrow.

another thing. It happened when i opened today, and then twinleaf (3.16) was screwed in a-map....
    if i read this it seams to there are 2 divereent data saved at same space.
    for example a Script and a Map, so if cou change the one you damage the other and vis-a-vers.
    try to reinsert the map to a other position to fix this problem.

the other two things i have no idea why this happen, but it seams you have a damaged (not destroyed) ROM.
    it work at some part and on other parts it is damaged...

you have to use a Backup or fix the damaged part of your rom....

I am having a problem that maps I'm designing won't load in VBA. They freeze or restart the rom. One is at offset 0.5, and the other is at 4.6. I think they were created improperly. What do I do?

try to reinsert the maps at other location, in moste case this help.

I have quite a few features I would like added to AMAP that would make it much easier for people wanting to make 100% original regions to do just that.

1. Be able to rightclick on a map folder to get a dropdown menu containing the features: INSERT MAP, CREATE NEW MAP, and RENAME.
    2. Be able to rightclick on a map file to get a dropdown menu containing the feature: ERASE SCRIPTS(meaning ERASE, not just remove from the maps), DELETE MAP, and DUPLICATE MAP(a variation of insert map)
    3. Add a CREATE NEW HEADER(map folder) function
    4. (This one is much lower a priority, but if you ever wrote this function into Advance Map, it would make originality so much easier) Have a UNWRITE ALL function that does the following: ERASES ALL SCRIPTS ON ALL MAPS, INCLUDING MAP SCRIPTS, ERASES ALL MAPS(Except the starter map, just so people have a square one in place) ERASES ALL FOLDERS (except the one containing the one map left alone, ERASES ALL WARPS (which would include all warps on the starter map)

If any of these features already exist, then somebody please tell me about it, but as far as I know, these ideas are unimplemented so far. I went from avid fan of this program to disappointed skeptic of it when it made THREE DEFECTIVE MAPS refused to properly apply Map Options: Type: Underground on FIVE OF MY MAPS.

Insert/create map you can to in the Toolbar.
    Rename a Map is not possible! you can only change the whole NameIndexEntry so all Maps with this name wikll be changed. (=> Header-View)
    Create New "Map-Folder" like "Littleroot Town" are not possible becouse this is not a Header, it is a NameIndexEntry and this cannot be changed...
    If you mean a New Header as "MapBank" (1st value in Mapnumber <Bank>.<map>) this is possible on the Insert Map Screen.

the idea i have for 3-4 year also, but it is not as easy as it seams to be.
    and it is easier to upgadde an existing rom with new maps than create a compleate new one.
    if you want a new one, yust don,'t ise the existing maps and create some new bank/maps and change the NameIndexEntrys to your used names.

Hey I've got a problem with A-Map. After I change something in the Header of a map, like say the dimensions, then the Events won't work. Every time I go to the Events of that Map, it says "Index of the scanning line exceeded the range. (448)".

do you change the size in normal or Professional Header view?
    Which AM version?

hi! i have a question, is possible that i put a map from other rom (red fire) and put it over other map in other rom (fire red too)? cuz i edited a map, and i wanna export it to another rom.
    if it is possible, how can i do that? (sorry for my english!)

ou can save a map in the rom with: file->map->save map as...
    open a map with: file->map->open map
    and insert it to the rom with: file->map->insert map

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
  • Just wondering. is there anyway to create new strength rocks, cut trees and rocksmash rocks?

Also how do you create new warps i.e new buildings in towns?

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2009
    I'm having trouble opening AM. Everytime I try to I get the message: Fehler: Die Datei "ini\Sprachen\enduser.dat" Existiert nicht. Haben Sie alle Dateien richtig entpackt?
    This occurs whenever I am prompted to select a language and then it just closes.

negative

Life returns. Life prevails.
    Years
  • I'm having trouble opening AM. Everytime I try to I get the message: Fehler: Die Datei "ini\Sprachen\enduser.dat" Existiert nicht. Haben Sie alle Dateien richtig entpackt?
    This occurs whenever I am prompted to select a language and then it just closes.

It says that the data "ini\Sprachen\enduser.dat" doesn't exist. My advice is, that you download/extract it again...

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2009
    I will try that, but could it just be that I opened it as opposed to downloading and saving the zip to disc?
    *EDIT
    Tried it again, same result
    *DOUBLE EDIT*
    The Sprachen error was due to the need of having its own folder, now it works. Thanks.

Last edited:

TehBazzard

Main creator of FireRed+
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2009
    OK since my last version of AdvancedMap was HORRIBLY outdated (1.82) I decided to get this. However, when I loaded up my ROM, all the new maps I made were gone, and I couldn't find the maps for the towns themselves, just the areas that warps in the towns warp to. Then it would give me errors saying "Won't allow canvas to draw" and such when I tried to load some maps. Also the map files I have made and saved back from my work in 1.82 (these weren't inserted to the ROM) wouldn't appear in saved maps. Its a good thing I had a new back up so my hack is still safe, just some repolishing needs to be done to the new maps. It like skipped back a save for some reason. Must be me.
    Anyways, I want to use this tool very badly now that I see all its fancy dancy features, I just want the darn thing to work right. Can anyone help?

NatureKeeper

I have a problem. I inserted some maps, but they are set to littleroot town. May I move a map from a header name like LITTLEROOT TOWN to ROUTE 109?

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • OK since my last version of AdvancedMap was HORRIBLY outdated (1.82) I decided to get this. However, when I loaded up my ROM, all the new maps I made were gone, and I couldn't find the maps for the towns themselves, just the areas that warps in the towns warp to. Then it would give me errors saying "Won't allow canvas to draw" and such when I tried to load some maps. Also the map files I have made and saved back from my work in 1.82 (these weren't inserted to the ROM) wouldn't appear in saved maps. Its a good thing I had a new back up so my hack is still safe, just some repolishing needs to be done to the new maps. It like skipped back a save for some reason. Must be me.
    Anyways, I want to use this tool very badly now that I see all its fancy dancy features, I just want the darn thing to work right. Can anyone help?

Hi sorry i don't understand what exactly is the Problem...

I have a problem. I inserted some maps, but they are set to littleroot town. May I move a map from a header name like LITTLEROOT TOWN to ROUTE 109?

Go to the Header View and Change Choose the Correct Mapname form the Drop down.

if you use the view "From Header" and set the Header sort (Dropdown in Toolbar correctly [Mapname]) you will also see the new Map in the "correct" part of the MapList("navigation") at left side of AdvanceMap.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
  • Hi sorry i don't understand what exactly is the Problem...

if you use the view "From Header" and set the Header sort (Dropdown in Toolbar correctly [Mapname]) you will also see the new Map in the "correct" part of the MapList("navigation") at left side of AdvanceMap.

What Tehbazzard means is that when loaded up advance map 1.92 all the new maps he had made with 1.82 had disappeared and he was getting map errors such as "canvas will not allow drawing". Also any maps saved in the saved maps folder were gone.

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • What Tehbazzard means is that when loaded up advance map 1.92 all the new maps he had made with 1.82 had disappeared and he was getting map errors such as "canvas will not allow drawing". Also any maps saved in the saved maps folder were gone.

ok, thx

are you sure your maps are not there?
    do you use the "from ini" or "from Header" part of the navigation/MapList?

to get back your won maps in MapFile sektion, copy the file "ini/MapDateien.ini" from AM 1.82 folder to the same on in AM 1.92 folder.

you can also open your mapfiles with file->map->open map

The Error "canvas will not allow drawing" cannot be found, all times until now. In most case this only appear on old PC's (win98 /winme) or PC's with less RAM. So try to close other Programms(to get more free MEmory) and try again.

greetz LU-HO

NatureKeeper

Hi sorry i don't understand what exactly is the Problem...

Gee.. That was useful...

Nintendo would've used Advance Map while Modding Emerald out of Ruby or Sapphire. Ha...

And TehBazzard, If you want to arrange them by Map Name you'll press:

Settings > Map Listing > Only read map from header > Sort by map name and you'll find the maps are under the name of their respective towns.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • Hey Lu-Ho , I got A-Map off wah , and I must say that it is freaking bunch easier to navigate around compared to EliteMap , which is total crap !

Also , when I try to put 0 tileset in an inside building , it doesn't work !! Can ya tell me how to fix that ?

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • when I try to put 0 tileset in an inside building , it doesn't work !! Can ya tell me how to fix that ?

-> what do you do?
    -> what happen?
    -> what should happen?

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
  • I got a map footer error (invalid pointer to map footer) the offset ended in 2 and I repointed it to an offset ending in C. I fixed the map footer data which I put as:

width (1byte) 00 00 00 height (1 byte) 00 00 00 pointer to border (4 bytes) pointer to map offset (4 bytes) pointer 1 tileset 1 (4 bytes) pointer to tileset 2 (4 bytes) border width - 02(1 bytes) border height - 02 (1 byte) 00 00.

The offsets were valid offsets ending in 4, 8, C or 0. So everything seemed correct. I pasted in the new map footer offset and then I got an invalid pointer to map footer message again. I reloaded the map and Advance map repointed the footer offset automatically to another offset which didn't end in 0,4,8 or C. Did I do something wrong or is this an advance map bug?

Also, I found the orginal map footer offset and pointed it to that and everything works fine. But when I go to another map and then back to mine, the map footer goes back to an invalid offset =\ Is this a bug with advance map?

Last edited:

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
    Years
  • Hey Lu-Ho on next A-Map version could you make A-Map detect ur color settings and if (like me) u got a suckish to the extreme gfx card that only supports 24bit colors, change the icons to not have thick black border?
    Poor sentence structure....
    I have a really bad gfx card that limits me to using 24bit colors.
    Can you make a-map detect that and change the toolbar icons to use 24bit colors?
    Or could i have a version of a-map that isn't used with a EXE compressor so i can replace the icons with 24 bit icons?
    just a request nothing major.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • I love this program a lot, and i've been messing around with the cities a little bit. But when i added a custom palette with the block editor and tried to save the tileset it kept giving the error message "Export of this palette not possible; there are multiple entries for the same color in the palette". Then i went and looked at the palette editor and the colors were completely wrong even though i reload the palette twice.

Am i doing it wrong?

You have the same colors twice in your palette, maybe even more!

I don't know what happened with the wrong colors (which I pm'ed you a fix to that), but in order to fix your multiple color problem just go to the palette viewer (Palette -> View Palette Editor in the block editor) and edit your colors that are the same to different colors.
    Just don't edit the first color.

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • @Pokepal17:
    Where did you change the Map Footer? in AM or HEX-Editor?
    And where do you change the Pointer to the MapFooter itself?
    Wenn in AdvanceMap when do you press witch save Button?

@The blob of blobs:
    i try to replace all images with 24bit images or Images work with both.

@emilin_rose:
    Do you press the Save Palettes to ROM Button?
    the message say, that the palette you choose (Dropdownbox) before pressing the image export have 2 exactly same color.
    change on of this color a bit, or choose a Other Palette before you export the palette.
    This test prevent you do destroy parts of Tilesets on re import because one color information is not there anymore. (all pixels of the 2 same colors would imported as the first of them)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back