• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Release Date For Japan: HeartGold & SoulSilver

Masterdom720

I Love Victini :)
Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2013
    Yay Heart Gold & Soul Silver is coming out very soon on:

12 Of September 2009

Gotta Love Remakes

Last edited by a moderator:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Needs a bit more, yo.

Behold - a wallpaper/poster saying this, straight from the official site!
    Spoiler:

Confirmed on serebii.net as well. 4800 yen is also the mentioned price.

Discuss away, I suppose...?

NeoZX

◊Change the Future◊
    Years
  • Sweet crispy potatoes! If your reverse the day number of the release of HeartGold/SoulSilver, then you get the EXACT day of my Birthday!
    Anyway, thanks for posting this, but I'd rather wait till' the English version is released.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Awsome i'll be ordering it then!
    I alwsys play the Jap games first! Gives me a head start even if i get stuck somewhere and can't understand whats going on xD At least in a remake i'll have an idea! That means maybe an early spring US release? hopefully!

Reactions: GKS

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • This is totally awesome!! I am eagerly waiting for the releases!!

.Wolfie-kun.

The Raggedy Doctor
    Years
  • Those Japanese... Very lucky people! >.>

I doubt places like the UK will get it till roughly this time next year (Or near the same day as Platinum)

SPEEDIE

*Insert Random Joke Here*
    Years
  • yeah its still another year until i'll get it in Oz
    maybe i'll play it on my computer and then when it comes out in Oz buy it

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • I can never get the game at my place RIGHT after it gets on sale.
    All games, when first on sale, costs around $400 here, and unless I save up, I will never be able to buy it.

Unless... *schemes*

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • I really don't care about the Japanese release. I want to wait for the release of the game in English. I'll just get it when it comes out in Australia. I may download the ROM to test the game.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Woo! One day after 9/11 too. Granted, that's only an American mourn fest but I still find it quite curious. xD
    Usually ROMs are out a day before or the same day as the release date, and that's the only thing I'm looking for until the American release.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I can never get the game at my place RIGHT after it gets on sale.
    All games, when first on sale, costs around $400 here, and unless I save up, I will never be able to buy it.

Unless... *schemes*

$400!?!?! That's ridiculous! haha.

I'm glad they finally released a date. Hopefully the US version will be released around the same time as Platinum, if not earlier. I hope. :P

TheAliveTrain

I love *splashes* Magikarps
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2009
    Woo! One day after 9/11 too. Granted, that's only an American mourn fest but I still find it quite curious. xD
    Usually ROMs are out a day before or the same day as the release date, and that's the only thing I'm looking for until the American release.
    Is that possible to be out even before the games? :s
    And btw how much is 4800 yean? Just to have an idea. xD

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • It is good to know the release date now being September 12th in Japan. It is actually earlier than I had thought really seeing as a lot of people speculated it being either September 19th or the tenth anniversary date. However, the price is the same as any regular DS game [4800 Yen] which is interesting. It is actually better off for the customers as they wouldn't have to spend as much money either when purchasing the game in Japan or those who may want to import it earlier. Also, it must be that Game Freak and Nintendo are getting a higher raise in the customs, because to have it at the same price must mean they are having an increase in money not to try and get it back by the fans. So, with this being said, I also see the game earning a higher increase in sales not only because it was highly wanted, but because with the bundles feature the buyer will be getting a fair deal in purchase as well.

I'm pretty excited though to see it is coming out earlier than thought. This is actually a beneficial hope that the game may come out earlier as well in the other countries such as the US. However, I still speculate the outside date for the US will be around early March to late April, or so I think it could possibly be. Nice to get the release date overall though, now we won't really have to speculate on this and it also gives an average guess on how far the development of the game may be.

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • I wish the release date was the same in all the countries/continents. I don't want to wait until 2010! All the people that have it by September will be talking about how great it is to play, while I still have to wait several months for it. At least those people can give some clarification to how good the game is, which I am sure it will be great!

Munch Dog

Growlithe!
    Years
  • I can't wait! I'm actually considering importing these... I probably won't but I'm at least thinking about it! Hopefully it'll release early next year for the US and other countries.

Subsmash

Hmm....What to put?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2009
    I'm guessing that North America will get the English versions in March sometime next year, and Europe and Australia in May because September 12 was 1 day before Platinum was released in Japan so we'll probably get HG/SS around the same times.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2015
    Man I can't wait. I wonder when it will come out in the US? Probably anytime between late February and early April.

Years
  • First platinum comes out on September 13th and now this September 12. The reason why I'm complaining is because it comes out on the first week of school and I will not have time to play. I don't mind waiting 2 months but at least it should come out at the end of august so I can play it more. I'm still happy there making a remake though!

Back