• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Release Date Speculation

When Will The new Pokemon HG And SS Release In Europe?

• January

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • February

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • March

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • April

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • June

• July

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Specify in a message)

• Total voters

Speed

Skyward
    Years
    HGSS has been in development for awhile now hasn't it? If it has, then we'll probably see it come out around the time you mentioned.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    HGSS has been in development for awhile now hasn't it? If it has, then we'll probably see it come out around the time you mentioned.

It's been thought of for the past three years now. I'm sure development on it hasn't been that long though, as the game is still being developed currently. However, your speculation on that pattern is very interesting to notice. Though, I wouldn't get to anxious to follow it as GameFreak and Nintendo can release it when they feel to.

Though, you can say it'll be a released game by the Fall of 2009 in Japan. I doubt a world-wide release will be distributed as it would have already been pretty much announced in other countries by now. Though, as for at least the USA release, I would think Late February and Mid March or so seems probable.

I'd just remember though, Nintendo and GameFreak together basically don't have to go on a pattern, but when the time is really ready for the game to be released. Progress of it, and making sure it is stable enough to be released are key factors too.

Speed

Skyward
    Years
    I'd just remember though, Nintendo and GameFreak together basically don't have to go on a pattern, but when the time is really ready for the game to be released. Progress of it, and making sure it is stable enough to be released are key factors too.
    That.

If Game freak wants to add more things to it, it'll probably be delayed, especially if they haven't finished putting the game together. I think it'll be released without delays though.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    I'm not saying they're trying to follow a pattern, it's just that history has a tendency to repeat itself.

sudden_hit

The Chikorita lover :]
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    Very nice speculation!

I hope this happens, and then a release in Europe maybe in April ^.^

-Tom

Pan!ko

vibratingcat XD
    Years
    XD All this speculation does not concern me as I'll b ordering the jap vers. Its also good cause my birthday is in September. Also I'm guessing that HGSS has been in development for quite a while. I know that DP was in development for 4 years plus if HGSS r including the kanto region and all the add-ons they have said so far, then it would have been in development for just the same, maybe more.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    Yes they do have that new pedometer feature, like I'm sure you've all heard. And for this game to come out just a year after Platinum is something Nintendo would have been stupid not to prepare for. And Nintendo isn't stupid... :t142:

jakeandhissuperdogsam!!

Pokemon Master
    Years
    Translate??

Well Nintendo of the USA trademarked Heart Gold and Soul Silver months before they announced it, so maybe they were already translating it? Anyway if Nintendo was to release it around Christmas it would be the fastest and best selling game of the decade.

Well, considering its a remake, they wouldn't need to translate much, only the new bits added in, so therefore, it would be safe to hypothesize that the interregional release gap would be minimal.

(Sorry about the whole swallowed a dictionary- im doing my GCSEs and im using more complicated words than I usually do!!)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 15, 2009
    FEBRUARY!!!! YAY!!!! I HOPE IT IS!!!! crap, i have to start saving money now.....YAY!!

but what if its not released in Feb. And instead like 2 months later and what if its not released here? NOOOOOES!!! it better be released here in america!

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    I highly doubt that. Though I love your hoping, even February would be the closest together that they've ever been. Cross your fingers, though. You never know. :)

billi1000

The Ruler of Darkness - Zekrom
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    i m gonna buy the japanese game anyway although i dont understand the language, but i can get a walkthrough from the internet, and i ve already went through johto so i dont think u should have much problem playing the japanese version if ur so excited :P i did that with diamond and i m gonna do the same with these

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    But don't you think that having preorders starting in July is really early? so couldnt it come out sooner in Japan?

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    Don't compare apples to oranges, goat. Emerald, Diamond & Pearl, and Platinum release dates should not be compared to an estimated HGSS NA release date due to the simple fact that they are not remakes. You could argue the fact that Platinum is a remake of DP or vice versa for Emerald however it's really the 3rd release of a generation.

Comparatively, it would be more intelligent to compare Fire Red Leaf Green JP Release to NA Release for a comparative release date time frame for remakes.

Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen was released in JP on 1/29/04 and in NA on 9/9/04.

The difference between the two titles is 7 months and 11 days. There has been speculation for the Japanese release date to be specifically in September '09 to correspond with release dates of figures but is also speculated to be released in November to correspond with the 10th anniversary.

So you would be looking at an earliest release of April '09 to a latest of June '09.

It's not happening in February. That fact is almost guaranteed simply based off prior data. Your going off a trend that releases from JP to NA will continue to increase at a rate of 1 month. Obviously the theory is flawed simply due to the fact that eventually it would end up being simultaneous releases. Furthermore, localization of Platinum obviously should be shorter than DP release time frames from JP to NA simply due to the fact that the dialogue from D/P can simply be reused for a majority of Platinum.

Also, no Pokemon generation (Color, Metal, Advance, or DPP) has been released in February in NA. A late March is plausible.

And in regards to the comment about preorders. Preorders are just that, preorders.

Last edited:

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    Okay, first of all (and really no one seems to get this -.-) I'm not saying anything about theories. All it is, just LOOK AT THE PATTERN! Jeez, that's all I wanted to do. I point out one stupid little pattern and you're up in arms. And really, if you want to generalize it to how much stuff they already have translated, I'm sure they can do that with Gold and Silver, too. You can jump in here and throw around words like "plausible" and talk about how HG/SS is a different kind of thing, but I'm trying to give a little hope to people here. And the way you're saying all this just seems kind of arrogant.

By the way, I can also shorten/not capitalize your name, cat. ~.~ Bwah, don't ridicule me.

demonmike

Missing-Nin
    Years
    The pattern is certainly there, but I think this ones going to take a little longer.

This one is shaping up to be possibly the biggest Pokemon so far. Considering the 2 regions are indeed confirmed, pile that up with the almost certain extended story line, even more area's, possible changes to make (that Game Corner controversy may well happen in the US too).

But you never know, considering the translating times are quicker and the fact its going to be based on Platinums engine, alot of stuff is already translated, they might of also worked well in advance with this one to try and get it out for a christmas release (that'd be amazing, although doubtful, it'd work alot better for Nintendo regarding sales).

But I reckon most likely March-April.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    I think they'd be absolute f***tards not to start early on this. Or perhaps just genii, it really depends on the outcome here. Yes, more stuff, of course. But I think this would affect the actual game production (so it's Japan release) a lot more than the translation time (the NA realease). Oh, and, sorry to bear the bad news, but the Game Corner is officially omitted in Europe in HG/SS as well. There's a thread about it.

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    Okay, first of all (and really no one seems to get this -.-) I'm not saying anything about theories. All it is, just LOOK AT THE PATTERN! Jeez, that's all I wanted to do. I point out one stupid little pattern and you're up in arms. And really, if you want to generalize it to how much stuff they already have translated, I'm sure they can do that with Gold and Silver, too. You can jump in here and throw around words like "plausible" and talk about how HG/SS is a different kind of thing, but I'm trying to give a little hope to people here. And the way you're saying all this just seems kind of arrogant.

By the way, I can also shorten/not capitalize your name, cat. ~.~ Bwah, don't ridicule me.

You can call me cat. Doesn't bother me at all, XD. It's just a forum, ;3. meow~

But anyways, we're not going to have any type of solid idea until we obtain the Japanese release date. A lot of people have been saying they've been working on it for a while however we actually do not know how long they have been working on the game so there are some unknown variables. Still overall looking at the data, with the points that a title has never been released in Feb, I feel we'll see the title stateside around late March/April assuming Japan gets a Sept '09 release. If they get a later release, then we would see that reflected as well through our release date.

Lilbittygoat, I do think it was awesome that you did point out the trend though since it was more than likely overlooked by most people who reviewed the data. It's not like I wouldn't love to see a Feb NA release date, its a win-win for everyone.

I think they'd be absolute f***tards not to start early on this. Or perhaps just genii, it really depends on the outcome here. Yes, more stuff, of course. But I think this would affect the actual game production (so it's Japan release) a lot more than the translation time (the NA realease). Oh, and, sorry to bear the bad news, but the Game Corner is officially omitted in Europe in HG/SS as well. There's a thread about it.

If you wouldn't mind, please be mindful of any profanities in your language. I can understand why it was omitted although this is going slightly off-topic. Due to the age groups that do play the title, it could possibly promote premature issues with gambling with children, even if it's a game, so I can understand the standpoint by EU.

Back