• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Releasing Pokémon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZestyCactus

From Bulbapedia
Years
  • I was playing Pokémon Ruby and I was releasing a Tentacool because I had two for some reason. Anyways, so it gives me the usual "Bye-bye, Tentacool!" and he fades away... but this time, the sprite zoomed back in and it was like "Tentacool came back! Maybe he was worried about you?". I've never heard of anything like this before... has this happened to anyone else here? It was a traded Tentacool, if that's relevant.

Years
  • This seems to be occuring more and more...
    But yeah, usually if it's friendship level is high or as said in the above post, it know an HM move that no other Pokemon knew, that could be it.

bluechu

World's Only Blue Pikachu!
    Years
  • i have never heard of this before. thats really weird... somewhat clever on the programmers part, but weird...

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2011
    hmm never heard about the HM part
    I always heard it was about friendship level

SooHee

Lame Trainer
    Years
  • It's never happened to me but I heard that if its happiness is high, it comes back to you.
    I don't know, I'm afraid to let any of my pokemon go xD

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    There was a thread about this a while ago~
    Either:
    It luuuuurves you so.
    Has an HM move that no other pokemon know.

It's come back for REVENGE!!

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
  • The only reason that I know of is it's friendship is realllly high so it comes back.
    Never heard of the HM one, but you learn something new everyday.

This has never happened to me as I don't release them because I'm scared stiff that they'll eat me I don't wanna.

Ayselipera

Either your Tentacool knows an HM
    move that none of your other pokemon
    know or it has a really high friendship
    with you. I have never experianced this
    so I'm not completely sure if its true.

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2009
    thats strange but i just wish it happend to me when my little bro relesed my charizard (my starter):'(

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2009
    If your pokémon knows say, surf or fly and none of your other pokés do, and you release it somewhere like pacifidlog, you are stuck there unless you fish for one.

Years
  • Those are really good reasons, but I think the: "since I traded it" theory could still remain as a possibility. Because when you trade a pokemon, doesn't it say: "Take good care of ____!"? Or something relevant to that. I think that since it says that, you might be disabled to release that pokemon because then you wouldn't be taking very good care of it. Although what Koolkid005 said, that makes a lot of sense.

jquad_666

AZN
    Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2009
    i read about this somewhere. there's like a 5% chance of it happening, and even then you have to form a special bond w/ your pokemon.

King!

better
    Years
  • That happened on My Pokemon Ranch, I tried to deposit my Golduck, and it couldn't go because it knew Surf, an HM.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back