• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Religion Survey

Religion?

• Christianity

Votes: 27 36.0%
  • Islam

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • Hinduism

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buddhism

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Judaism

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Wicca

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Shinto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pastafarian/"Parody" Religion

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Atheist/Agnostic

Votes: 35 46.7%
  • Other

Votes: 6 8.0%

• Total voters

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    I choose to be agnostic. I believe that the existence of a god is impossible to prove or debunk with modern science and the same goes with what happens after death. There are also multiple religions out there, so how am I supposed to tell which one is the "correct" one and yes, that does include Atheism. Right now, I am living my life without dwelling too much on that kind of stuff. I am open to the possibility of pretty much anything and I would rather wait until death to find out.
    I agree with this, word for word.

I for one would think that Athiesm and Agnosticism should deserve their own categories. The former firmly denies the existance of a god or gods, while the latter doesn't feel comfortable with agreeing with that stance or any other religion's.

I am an Agnostic, and I niether deny nor support the idea that there is a creator or creators. I just plan to live my life the way I see fit, and hope that that is good enough. If there is life after that, Yay! If not...I plan to live my life to its fullest, without any regrets. I do hope that there is something after, but I will not blindly believe that there is, or that there isn't. And that's all I have to say.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Agnostic/nonchalant. I think it's a pointless argument, whether someone proves or disproves the existence of a God, it doesn't really change anything. The world is what we see right in front of us, knowing about how it came to exist, or why it continues to exist, is irrelevant. I'd rather just sit high up on the fence swinging my feet, watching those on each side of the fence arguing with each other.

I think you should live your life in a way that you want, and let others do the same. Religion is a very personal choice, and I don't think it's right for anyone to tell someone else that they're wrong, or that their beliefs and life choices are wrong. If only everyone saw it that way.

As for your survey, the results here were quite predictable, seeing as the majority of PC members are from North America. If, for example, you posted the same question on a forum largely consisting of Asian members, I think the results would be quite different.

Back