• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Remember when... Pokemon edition

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    Remember back when you'd pick some red berries off of bushes and throw them at caterpillars (Caterpies) butterflies (Butterfrees) rabbits and the sorts?

Remember getting owned by your friend's overtrained Pidgeot at his house? ;_;

billios

Water Pokémon Master
    Years
  • when they designed pokemon well.

when if you had a shiny you were god times 1000.

SuperLink

Lost focus when she dissed me!
    Years
  • when they designed pokemon well.
    Seel? Really?
    Give me Chatot over Seel any day.

Remember when it was cool to actually like Pokémon?
    Remember when everyone thought the main protagonist of the games was called Ash and the rival was called Gary? (Inb4 they still do)
    Remember when people didn't complain about new Pokémon being crap because they were the only Pokémon around?

SuperLink

Years
  • i prefer seel to any gen 4 pokemon or gen 3, for that matter.
    That's opinion and has nothing to do with true design quality. Compared to the quality of recent Pokémon, the amount of imagination and effort that went into Seel's design is incredibly poor.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • I miss it when EV's and IV's didn't exist. ._. Makes wifi battles so tough.

And using 8969879 Rare Candies.

And Pokemon Stadium.

And not being able to pronounce Rattata. Or any other weird looking name for that matter.

SuperLink

Years
  • I miss it when EV's and IV's didn't exist. ._. Makes wifi battles so tough.
    Heheh, they've always been around, they're just more widely used now because WiFi is much more competitive than local :P
    Also I guess people didn't know how they worked until the internet was more widely used to spread ideas 'n' stuff.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • Heheh, they've always been around, they're just more widely used now because WiFi is much more competitive than local :P
    Also I guess people didn't know how they worked until the internet was more widely used to spread ideas 'n' stuff.

Ugh. I hate mistyping. Yeah, I meant when no one knew how to use them. Thanks. :D

Lostworld

cosmic castaway
    Years
  • i prefer seel to any gen 4 pokemon or gen 3, for that matter.

I agree with you.

-Remember when you could buy the first 151 4cm Pokemon figurines from an asian shop for a dollar each and you'd never be able to get to the front because so many kids wanted them.

-Remember when you believed the original Pokedex toy held the key to being able to beat the games.

-Remember when you used to wish so hard for Pokemon to be real that you had to resort to playing pretend Pokemon. And you had a imaginary Rattata that sat on your shoulder and a Ponyta that lived in the vegetable garden.

But maybe that was just me. ;D

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • I agree with you.

-Remember when you used to wish so hard for Pokemon to be real that you had to resort to playing pretend Pokemon. And you had a imaginary Rattata that sat on your shoulder and a Ponyta that lived in the vegetable garden.

Me too, albiet i still have that tendancy to picture a Flareon at the end of my bed.

Remember when Night and Day was the coolest thing ever? and you would have to stay up to 2 o clock to catch a Misdrevius or start again and alter the clock?

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
  • I agree with you.

Haha, good times. I used to do this all the time. I used to pretend the entire 151 would follow me around. Then when I had pokemon obsessed friends, we'd pretend to be trainers and use our pets or toys, or pretend we were pokemon ourselves.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Remember when you would ALWAYS try and go to victory road at the very beginning?
    Remember when you first heard about Pikablu or Charklizard?
    Remember when you stole mountains of Pokemon cards from the neighborhood kids who were afraid to confront you about it (I do :P)?

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2010

Remember when you stole mountains of Pokemon cards from the neighborhood kids who were afraid to confront you about it (I do :P)?

I remember this. This neighborhood kid has a holographic, Japanese Aerodactyl card. I wanted it bad, and offered everything in my collection to him. He was just saying no cause he was a jerk. Well, my friend stole the card from him when he left to go to the bathroom... but left his entire binder of cards with us.

I still have the card, too. :p

Kaminari

Future Pokemon Master ✗✗
    Years
  • *Sniff* Man, all this is bringing up memories.
    I think I may go to the library and borrow the Kanto episodes even though I can watch them online. I will make my VHS work. (Used to love borrowing them).

Haha, good times. I used to do this all the time. I used to pretend the entire 151 would follow me around. Then when I had pokemon obsessed friends, we'd pretend to be trainers and use our pets or toys, or pretend we were pokemon ourselves.

My one friend and I used to do that. : )

My other friend and I, usually while on the bus, talked about how we really thought there were pokemon and that they were just hiding. Then proceeded to keep our eyes peeled after sharing your "experiences" of "seeing" the top of a Gyrados swimming through the water.

Remember when you could go to the playground and actually meet a kid who had their pokemon game and gameboy with them? Then you whipped out your link cable/gameboy that went everywhere with you and battled? : )

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    I used to love the good old days. When I didn't have to not tell anyone I know in real life that i like Pokemon. When other people actually liked it.

blendaz

Yo, Champ in the making!
    Years

• That vid down there made me cry....seriously! ;_;
    I MISS YOU, POKEMON RED!!! The music....god, the music....T_T

When you didn't know what EVs were, and you beat your buddy over link cable?

This thread made me cry over pokemon....I miss the old days! I want to be 6 years old again! To actually belive it when somebody said they had captured Celebii on Blue! Or gotten Misty to join them! ;_;
    I'm absolutely with you man! I may be young yet but I do remember my first pokemon game <3

Back