• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen ~Remembering The Days~

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    m said:
    I think that Graphics, and Battling has gotten to peoples head

Sorry to be slightly off-topic here, but how the heck can graphics play a role? D/P's graphics are mediocre and are absolutely nothing compared to that the DS can really do. o_O

Thunderchu

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • Ah...i remember the time in Yellow i got Pikachu to level 100, the only Pokemon that has reached that level ever for me.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2008
    huhuh ya i got my first pokemon game like 2 months ago......but it's red and i (sighs) stink well.....sort of (: i can't seem too get past the elite four u guys seem years ahead of me really but hey!!! reds been lots of fun like the time when i found out that u could catch drantini at safari zone

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    I remember when I was almost at Lv.30. That was a very high level when I was a beginner at the game; it felt as if I would never reach that level.

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2007
    I remember only leveling one Pokemon, every game. I mean now I level them all equally. Now, it just seems so noobish to level just one. I also remember the music, I loved the music in R/B/Y :D.

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    yes i truely miss the good old pokemon games! i remeber my very first pokemon game was pokemon gold i got it 4 christmas in first grade. oh gosh what i would do 2 have the good old games back.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2007
    The thing that brings it back for me is my first time on blue when i was so happy that i raised my charmander from level 5 to level 87 with no rare candy's. The pure elation was amazing

And on Yellow when i was so happy that Pikachu gave me a happy smile after i trained it.

I loved silver when i discovered the whole day and night aspect and how real it felt.

And crystal, my fave of the lot, when the pokemon would move on screen and the time and effort i put into raising my team of eevee evolutions =) When that first eevee evolved in Espeon cos it was happy was amazing!

I would just be happy with a re-release of GSC for DS, not a re-make, just a re-release.

*Gem*

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    Back "in the day", people were bad at Pokemon(i was young...very young)and battling a gym was a real challenge, and epic, and also hard. Now, when I beat a gym, I say,"...Sure whatever..." and just go off to the next one. It was more challenging back in the "golden age".

Years
  • i remember yellow, you got all four starters annnnnnnd a pikachu. all i needed to do was catch a pidgey and a diglett and i was plenty happy. If they made a remake of yellow (which i doubt they will) i would be the first in line. all i remember from yellow version, is training a pidgey up to level 30 just to be beat brock. then i'd go back to training pikachu, then get all the starters! =]

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2007
    What's amazing is that I like the graphics of Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal. They were so cool compared to the ones from Pokemon Red/Green/Blue/Yellow. ^^

PoisonOwnzYou

//SEETHER\\
    Years
  • Haha. I remember when I got pokemon gold. I was so excited I never stopped playing! I asked my mom to help me in a part one day and something extremely odd happened. My mom began playing it with me! I was like 5 and didn't know a whole lot and my mom would play pokemon with me! I thought she was the coolest mom in the world. Know I think back to it and think it was very odd. I also remember when I got my very first fully evolved pokemon, Butterfree. I was so proud of myself! To bad I could never get through the fifth gym in any game. Haha.

m

Pokemon Rule. Simply Put.
    Years
  • Ah....Yes.

I definitely know what you're talking about. ^-^ D/P has seriously changed the way Pokemon is played, and I get nostalgic about RBY/GSC, and even RSE (to a lesser degree) sometimes.

I go back and play my Silver version a lot, because like you said, it has fond memories. My best is probably competing with one of my best friends who had Gold. We each started at the same time and we'd play through it together, and I remember being in a frenzy, trying to get through the game so fast I didn't stop in one place very long. xD Then we'd go and connect our games to Pokemon Stadium 2 and battle there. Fun times. :3 I loved Stadium and Stadium 2.

Lol those were the days. I sort of want to go back and play RSE and FRLG again, but it seems to early. It seems like we need a 5th generation first. I want to play GSC and RBY but knowing that they will die, their is no point. ROMs? Wouldnt be the same. Pokemon Stadium ONE was better then PBR lol.

m

Years
  • Where do you buy internal batteries? I really wanna play my old games again.

Probably online, or at RadioShack or something. I also forgot to mention, RSE and FRLG give me that warm feeling inside where as DP doesnt. Its really sad that DP seems more like a high-tech good graphics video game, but not Pokemon anymore.

m

Years
  • A guide on how to do the whole process can be found here.

Yeah, it definitely gives off that feel, I agree. Though I think it still feels like Pokemon, it's just a new, well, feel for Pokemon. I had a bit of the same feeling when R/S was released and I had been used to G/S/C.

I think the unfamiliar-ness will wear off a bit, but like I said a few posts back, D/P has just changed the way Pokemon is played all together. (Especially with Wi-Fi.)

Well Thank you for agreeing with me, but I think its a bit more. I mean its like the region itself isnt all that great, and after you beat the E4 their really isnt that much to do. I know what you'll all say. "Then dont play the game". I may not. I just want to know if people dont get that warm feeling that I used to get from older games. Its like their is so many better things like the stylus effect and such, that it ruined Pokemon.

m

Years
  • I dunno, I thought Sinnoh was alright. I mean, it isn't the best, but it's alright.

Well actually, there's more to do in Sinnoh after the E4 than any other region so far. O.o So many more Pokemon to catch, Super Contests, that whole extra battle island place (still haven't explored it :x..) I mean, Sinnoh is fuller than any of the others.

I think the Stylus really made life easier. The menus are infinitely easier to use and navigate, the contests are enhanced by it... it was a nice addition. o_o

Yeah but it just isnt the same. I understand what you mean, but I guess its just me.

dipset4ever

Pokemon Hacker in the Making
    Years
  • I remember when me and my best friend were pokemon buddies, everything we did was pokemon.... we had a third friend at the time too but he didnt play a role much since he kinda sucked...

But yea i remembe being in like 3rd grade and calling my friend when my Charmeleon evolved into charizard... I WAS SCREAMING IN JOY AND I CALLED HIM UP TO TELL HIM lol, now im in 11th grade.... damn.... memories....i sumtimes wish i can get that old excitement i got wen i was a kid playin pokemon. Now its not the same, i beat Diamond and i didnt have any thrill like i had while playing Yellow back in 1998 wen i was still a kid.

Me and my friend used to experiment, wen i traded my kadabra to him, it evolved and i was liek WOAH, trading pokemon evolves them! so i tried trading like over 60 pokemon and only like 3 evolved. I had 139 pokemon in yellow wen i was a 3rd grader... thats pretty darn good. I started cryin my ass off when my yellow version erased.... a few years later, Silver/Gold came out.... OMFG best memories with friends at skool trading everday and stuff.

Back