• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Report bugs and errors in unmodified Essentials version 21

Diverscope

Pardon me
Years
  • It is a Indoor Map. I have a Map which some indoor rooms to save some Map-Files and their don't have a special name, just the same as the Town map.

WackyTurtle

Developer
    Years
  • Sorry if this has already been posted, but if a Pokémon faints by the following moves it doesn't properly register:

-Explosion/Selfdestruct
    -Giga/Mega Drain/Absorb
    -Any recoil move

The trainer just sends out the next Pokémon without giving you any experience. Also, when a trainer uses a healing item it skips to the next turn without letting you attack.

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
    Years
  • It is a Indoor Map. I have a Map which some indoor rooms to save some Map-Files and their don't have a special name, just the same as the Town map.

Define weather in your indoor map, and set it's probability to 0.
    What you reported it not a bug, it's intended because most of the time, you WILL want weather effects carrying over.

Diverscope

Pardon me
    Years
  • I have already tried to define "none" as weather but the editor ignores the defined weather and if I write it directly in the metadata.txt, the weather still appears in the map.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2023
    When compressing game data, it stops in the Animations folder and says something like "Compression was unsuccessful." It suddenly works again if I choose to Compress Data -> Compress to encrypted archive, but in this archive you can open the PBS files and theoretically edit the game.

Is there a way to compress the game into just one file without having to create archives?

Savordez

It's time to end fangames.
    Years
  • When compressing game data, it stops in the Animations folder and says something like "Compression was unsuccessful." It suddenly works again if I choose to Compress Data -> Compress to encrypted archive, but in this archive you can open the PBS files and theoretically edit the game.

Is there a way to compress the game into just one file without having to create archives?

Once the game has been compressed, the PBS files aren't needed; you can just remove them. All the data has already been compiled to the game. (The data is compiled when you test your game from RPGMXP)

A solution is usually found in the wiki. Click this and scroll down to the "Turning your project into an actual game" section in the end for more info.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2023
    More compression problems! This is happening whenever anybody else picks a starter:

8189ced80ce1be5682c9fc7b99b05be7.png

In addition, the names of each location are blank. Is this because I deleted the PBS directory or something else?

Diverscope

Pardon me
    Years
  • When your game title has an é then you can't take a picture with the F8-Function.

The phone.txt file doesn't support special characters like ß or é.

Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2014
    [I'm using Pokémon Essentials Version 13]

When I go to the Safari Zone in the grass for searching a Pokémon, there is a bug:

Exception: NoMethodError
    Message: undefined method `isMega?' for #<PokeBattle_FakeBattler:0x7f81f88>
    PokeBattle_ActualScene:748:in `refresh'
    PokeBattle_ActualScene:651:in `initialize'
    PokeBattle_ActualScene:1886:in `new'
    PokeBattle_ActualScene:1886:in `pbStartBattle'
    PokeBattle_SafariZone:101:in `pbStartBattle'
    PokemonSafari:114:in `pbSafariBattle'
    PokemonSafari:113:in `pbSceneStandby'
    PokemonSafari:115:in `pbSafariBattle'
    PokemonSafari:112:in `pbBattleAnimation'
    PokemonSafari:112:in `pbSafariBattle'
    Exception: NoMethodError
    Message: undefined method `isMega?' for #<PokeBattle_FakeBattler:0x7b25e50>
    PokeBattle_ActualScene:748:in `refresh'
    PokeBattle_ActualScene:651:in `initialize'
    PokeBattle_ActualScene:1886:in `new'
    PokeBattle_ActualScene:1886:in `pbStartBattle'
    PokeBattle_SafariZone:101:in `pbStartBattle'
    PokemonSafari:114:in `pbSafariBattle'
    PokemonSafari:113:in `pbSceneStandby'
    PokemonSafari:115:in `pbSafariBattle'
    PokemonSafari:112:in `pbBattleAnimation'
    PokemonSafari:112:in `pbSafariBattle'

What can I do to fix it?

SoulfulLex

Empiricist-at-Large
    Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2019
    Battle Items, such as X Attack, Guard Spec., and Ability Urge DO NOT WORK upon use. It doesn't even bring up a message. You can replicate this in Vanilla Essentials by starting a battle and trying to use any items in the battle item section of the bag. The game will act as if you did nothing or had canceled out your choice to use an item.

Oh, and in the event your Pokemon has Speed Boost, Speed Boost will activate even though neither Pokemon attacked the turn you try using a Battle Item.

I made sure to see if anyone else mentioned it beforehand, but I didn't see any, so...

Allgamesdude

The Creator of the WIP game, Pokémon Cosmic. Looki
    Years
  • When compressing game data, it stops in the Animations folder and says something like "Compression was unsuccessful." It suddenly works again if I choose to Compress Data -> Compress to encrypted archive, but in this archive you can open the PBS files and theoretically edit the game.

Is this what you need?

http://www.pokecommunity.com/archive/index.php/t-306589.html

Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna "The Badman" Kapsyla
    Years
  • An interesting and very... specific bug. The chances of it happening are once in a blue moon, and it just so happened to be a Blue Moon when I found it.
    When you use repel while surfing, if the repel wears off as you're docking on land, it'll show you docking onto land, and then display the repel worn off message, but it wont transition the sprite until after you close the message.
    c9b802f3e3.png

(Pay no mind to the fonts, I am playing on a public machine where I couldn't install them)

Years
  • When an ability prevents you from switching out during battle, the message isn't properly displayed. Pic

The arrow is there, so I think that the problem is the message box has a lower z value that the party screen and you can't see it.

KajiVenator

The Flame Huntzman
    Years
  • I am actually very happy to see that the Mega-Evolution related error in the Safari Zone has been fixed. I was coming here to report it after downloading v13 Essentials yesterday.

However, I also came here to report another issue. Well, maybe not an issue so much as an oversight on one of our ends?

I have been trying to put together a sample map, just to test things. I noticed that the normal outdoor tileset lacks tiles for shorelines to the north of the land (south, west and east accounted for). The relevant screenshot is attached. Is this an oversight on my end (am I just not seeing a viable tile to use for the shore), or an oversight in general?

Years
  • In def pbStartScreen(pokemon,newspecies) under Pokemon Evolution, this

Code:
    rsprite1.x=Graphics.width/2
        rsprite1.y=(Graphics.height[COLOR="Red"]/2[/COLOR]-96)/2
        rsprite2.x=Graphics.width/2
        rsprite2.y=(Graphics.height[COLOR="red"]/2[/COLOR]-96)/2

should be changed to this.
    Code:
    rsprite1.x=Graphics.width/2
        rsprite1.y=(Graphics.height-96)/2
        rsprite2.x=Graphics.width/2
        rsprite2.y=(Graphics.height-96)/2
    The sprites during the evolution scene were too high.

Years
  • Error in Safari Zone, when attempting to throw a Safari Ball
    Spoiler:

Edit: Fixed by adding
    Code:
    def isFainted?
        return false
      end
    to class PokeBattle_FakeBattler

Last edited:

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
    Years
  • I don't know if this has to do with the V14 update or not, but I put a double trainer battle into my game and there is a few problems.

-I'm using a trainer partnered with another trainer type battle. Both Trainer's have 3 Pokemon, and 6 all together. But when entering the battle, it only shows 3 Pokeball's on the enemy team's roster.
    -Next Pokemon is sent out before other Pokemon finish attacking. For example, I was just facing a NidoranM and a NidoranF on the opponent's team while I had Excadril and Staraptor. My staraptor used quick attack to finish the NidoranM in one hit, and then he sent out Nidoking right after. But it should have waited until the other Pokemon finished their move's before he was sent out. My Excadril should have used Earthquake before Nidoking was sent out, but because Nidoking was sent out first, I KO'ed three Pokemon in one turn.

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
    Years
  • 2vrx2mf.jpg

Return of the landsurfing!
    All you need to do to landsurf is wait for this guy to get next to the ledge, and try talking to him. The game will instead ask if you want to surf. If you say no, then the swimmer says his line. If you say yes, you start surfing in place and he'll say his line, and then you're free to roam the Essen Region.

Back