• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Reputation announcement feedback.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Stupid people who think they're cool and rebellious because they can remove a point from a counter on the internet. I was starting to get annoyed.
    Thanks for removing it as it was.
    I like the Cookies thing, but maybe make it so people can only give one point every day or some such. Timers would help. Just ideas... G'night.

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
    I'm glad the rep system was gone, tho it was funny to see how a curtain member made many complaining threads in the feedback section, after being asked to stop it many times....

Anyway, if PC needs a plug-in for the forum, why don't the get the VB experience thingy, were members get points for posting, and they can use the points to buy things, I like to call it the money system...

I can't see how that system can be abused...

Anyway, I think they should have removed the rep system entirely....

Andrea-chan

~In the shadows~
    Years
    Anyway, if PC needs a plug-in for the forum, why don't the get the VB experience thingy, were members get points for posting, and they can use the points to buy things, I like to call it the money system...
    And then people would just spam around the forums to get more points to buy a little something to go in their profile. It's like rep, if the members here weren't so dead set on trying to be immature then we could have something like that. But people get in groups to get good rep, and people would spam around the forum for that system.

And to everyone who is throwing out the ideas for a new rep type system... we just switched, we have a comment based system and the Higher Staff feels that it'll work out best. Maybe all of you should give it a chance before coming up with other ideas.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    I agree. I like the current comment only based system because you can give anonymous feedback on a post. It's especially useful when you don't have anything useful to add to the thread itself, you can still give them a comment about the post itself, and you don't even have to reveal who you are. XD

Of course the only issue about that so far is simply chances of people using that to flame others, but flamey comments can be reported, and mods can see who commented on the post. As far as 'spam' goes, unless they're like spamming links or advertisements in the comments, spam isn't much of a problem. You could theoretically be as silly as you want to be in a post comment...and no one would care.

Furthermore, it enables you to sort of leave an off topic sort of remark...as long as it's not flame-baiting or anything like that, you could comment on people's posts back and forth as many times as you want to. (Assuming the old rep limiters are removed)

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2010
    Staff has the most abused reputation when the system was enabled. I liked the system, but obviously it is too much for some people to handle.

bit.trip void

Time cannot e r a s e
    Years
    Staff has the most abused reputation when the system was enabled. I liked the system, but obviously it is too much for some people to handle.

What.

The staff have high rep because they make good posts, etc.

Also, a lot of people, me included, had quite high rep, and they were just members or supporters. Not just Staff.

And you joined today, XD.

Andrea-chan

~In the shadows~
    Years
    Maybe next time you'll have enough of a backbone to post in your normal account than to start a new one and hide behind that. If you're going to come here putting down the Staff at least know what you're talking about, because the Staff got a lot of rep off of closing threads, or something they said. And then you come here under your new account and run your mouth saying the Staff abused the system more than anyone else? You don't know what you're talking about, so try to stay away from threads you know nothing about.

Zet

Years
    I'd like to have a red or green pip with the comment so I know what is intended instead of playing the guessing game. But a majority of people(the ones who bawwww over rep) will probably assume it's love and can't see sarcasm

Sajuuk

http://forum.hpcommunity.co.uk
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2010
    Seems I've been a victim of post comment abuse. Again, I'm being called a noob.
    I'll post up my comment and you can judge yourself whether it constitutes abuse.

do you wear tampons? August 15th, 2009 01:34 PM PC is not a contest you noob

And if you're wondering why I call it abuse, is because I call anything abuse on a forum if it's misuse of a privilege members get.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    There is no "post comment abuse". It's overly sensitive people like yourself that were the dearth of the reputation system :\

Sajuuk

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2010
    There is no "post comment abuse". It's overly sensitive people like yourself that were the dearth of the reputation system :\

I've done good for this forum removing something that was originally, IMO, abused again and again. If I hadn't continually complained about it, it may have been a long time before it got changed.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Spey... you didn't remove rep. XD;

And someone else would've complained anyways... So it wasn't technically all your doing. :[

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    No; if you hadn't whined and complained and moaned about every single piece of valid negative feedback you received; the system wouldn't have been a problem. That's the thing; the "abuse" was far more in the hands of those who complained about every single negative rep they got; rather than the people who gave the rep. How about standing back and looking at it and thinking "What could I have done differently?". The rep system was there to help you better yourself; obviously you didn't 'get' that; so now it's the comment system where there are basically no removals ~ now you'll finally have to take some of the feedback on-board.

Sajuuk

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2010
    No; if you hadn't whined and complained and moaned about every single piece of valid negative feedback you received; the system wouldn't have been a problem. That's the thing; the "abuse" was far more in the hands of those who complained about every single negative rep they got; rather than the people who gave the rep. How about standing back and looking at it and thinking "What could I have done differently?". The rep system was there to help you better yourself; obviously you didn't 'get' that; so now it's the comment system where there are basically no removals ~ now you'll finally have to take some of the feedback on-board.

Some were NOT valid at all. And I don't want to mention nor hear the word and variant's "reputation" again, since it's gone, never to be again.

And the rep system was never there to help you better yourself, it was there to make some users feel elitist.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    No; what reputation became was a way for some users to bolster social status but only because negative reputation became effectively useless due to whining and complaining from members such as yourself :\ Therefore the only realistic use for reputation was as a positive numbers tool and that as flawed and became essentially a popularity contest. That all roots back to people not being able to accept valid criticism as a way of making themselves better; so please do everybody a favor and follow these simple words of advice:
    STOP COMPLAINING
    kthx.
    (btw it's a nice little show of hypocrisy of you to leave a rude message in my comments, haha! irony <3)

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    Oh; I wasn't complaining ^_^ There's no number figure there to go with it; so there's no public way for people to see it's effects. I just think it's funny as hell to see you here complaining about something...that you just did XD

Back