• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    Why don't you guys turn off negative reputation and turn on only positive reputation? That would mean less complaints and negative reputation has done nothing but cause trouble apparently. I've seen a few forums where there is only a positive reputation system and everyone seems fine with it. If you want to tell the person they're wrong why not do it in the topic you disagree with instead of negative reputation..

This is just a suggestion, theres really no point for negative reputation anyway, imo.

That's actually a very good idea, no one could complain about getting good rep nor could they complain about not getting good rep.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    It is strange to find many people jump into a thread that may be named "Reputation," it is something that obviously lurks attention for some, while others are curious enough to see what others may think. However, whether it stays or be enables, who isn't to say it'll be enabled once more like before?

I mean, if it has to go I rather it be gone for good, but if it is to stay, then the details on it should be explained a bit more in specific. I mean if a thread about reputation can attract so many members, the least to do is create a basic layout in which people understand how reputations works. I say this will make it a lot easier for those who report their negative rep to make sure it is something that is worth reporting about as well as it gives those an understanding what is deservable of good or bad reputation.

Honestly, it isn't a hard system to follow, it may just be one of the easiest. However, when you have those who look into it so much the best thing to do is design a way of understanding.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Why don't you guys turn off negative reputation and turn on only positive reputation? That would mean less complaints and negative reputation has done nothing but cause trouble apparently. I've seen a few forums where there is only a positive reputation system and everyone seems fine with it. If you want to tell the person they're wrong why not do it in the topic you disagree with instead of negative reputation..

This is just a suggestion, theres really no point for negative reputation anyway, imo.

That's actually a really good suggestion since for the most part, the only thing being reported is abuse of negative reputation because the people who report it don't really understand why they received the negative reputation, or just disagree with it. Disabling the negative reputation feature would decline so many problems from what I can tell and I'm sure it's been thought of in the past and is probably being in discussion already.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016

Not a bad idea, actually. You're right that no one will complain about negative rep since it would be turned off. My only concern is that, if we only have positive rep, people will get huge egos because they have more green bars than others. =/

It is strange to find many people jump into a thread that may be named "Reputation," it is something that obviously lurks attention for some, while others are curious enough to see what others may think.
    PokéCommunity loves drama.​

usami

biohazard
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Iowa
    • Seen Jun 2, 2024
    Disabling negative reputation would defeat the purpose.
    Positive reputation gets abused too, y'know. Nobody reports that because it gives them more blocks.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Is it possible for them to take out only the negative rep option? o_o

That would be a good idea, I think.

It would save for a lot of complaining.

But then again, people might whine about not getting enough positive rep? xD;

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    It is strange to find many people jump into a thread that may be named "Reputation," it is something that obviously lurks attention for some, while others are curious enough to see what others may think. However, whether it stays or be enables, who isn't to say it'll be enabled once more like before?

I mean, if it has to go I rather it be gone for good, but if it is to stay, then the details on it should be explained a bit more in specific. I mean if a thread about reputation can attract so many members, the least to do is create a basic layout in which people understand how reputations works. I say this will make it a lot easier for those who report their negative rep to make sure it is something that is worth reporting about as well as it gives those an understanding what is deservable of good or bad reputation.

Honestly, it isn't a hard system to follow, it may just be one of the easiest. However, when you have those who look into it so much the best thing to do is design a way of understanding.

I clearly stated that this is not a complaint, but the title was "Reputation" and that probably got attention.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Positive reputation gets abused too, y'know. Nobody reports that because it gives them more blocks.

Mmmm... yeah, Matt, I can see where you're coming from. Judging from the fact, say if negative reputation was in fact disabled, that reputation is already abused and people already go around asking for positive rep, it'll only be a matter of time to the point where positive reputation will be given out like... you know, candy or something. Since people are already going to others with high enough reputation power to actually change their reputation level to something higher and stuff or are just begging, as it's been seen before, for reputation.

Personally, with reflection of this whole thread, I really don't see why there's a reputation system at all. It's only causing problems. I mean, at first, it was really nice to have and I could understand why so many people liked it, but from what it's evolved into... my God. It's so depressing to see the amount of abuse it's contributed over time. :(

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013

I think you are right, but do staff want those reported too. It would be just another headache for staff.

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Jun 12, 2024
    I think removing neg rep is pretty lol... then it's completely meaningless.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I clearly stated that this is not a complaint, but the title was "Reputation" and that probably got attention.

Oh, I know this wasn't a complaint but more of an appreciation of something others find trouble with, which I think was a good idea.

Though, the idea with reputation being only used for positive rather than negative, I honestly think that may work out in a better way. It is true, there won't be any complaints as people wouldn't mind recieving something good for themselves. However, it can be used as abuse as well, but this is where further details on the use of it may come in handy.

In my opinion, if PC took the chance of bringing back reputation after it was disabled the first time, then why not take the chance at trying something new. Try the system for only positive rep, and if it works then great, if it doesn't then maybe other terms of action could be planned. However, there is always chances needed to be taken, and for this at the least wouldn't hurt as bad as some.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023

Not only because it wouldn't really be reputation if you disabled it, but also because reputation is meant to tell you what the forum thinks of your posts. There have been posts I've made that I've gotten negative reputation for and I've learned from it, and I know that I'm not the only one that's happened to. What can you learn from only receiving positive reputation, exactly?

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    Not only because it wouldn't really be reputation if you disabled it, but also because reputation is meant to tell you what the forum thinks of your posts. There have been posts I've made that I've gotten negative reputation for and I've learned from it, and I know that I'm not the only one that's happened to. What can you learn from only receiving positive reputation, exactly?

You learn that helpful posts may not always go unnoticed.

Years
    I think you are right, but do staff want those reported too. It would be just another headache for staff.
    If you think you're getting rep, either negative or positive, for no reason, then go ahead and report it. Abuse is abuse and should be dealt with.

Personally I'd be against having the system if it's just positive rep. Not even just about the "learn from it" factor, but: reputation is just a manifestation of peoples' opinions; why should a person with a dissenting opinion about something (assuming they'll give it in a decent manner and not just "lol u suck") be forced to figuratively hold their tongue because they're allowed to only give "good" opinions to others?

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    If you think you're getting rep, either negative or positive, for no reason, then go ahead and report it. Abuse is abuse and should be dealt with.

Personally I'd be against having the system if it's just positive rep. Not even just about the "learn from it" factor, but: reputation is just a manifestation of peoples' opinions; why should a person with a dissenting opinion about something (assuming they'll give it in a decent manner and not just "lol u suck") be forced to figuratively hold their tongue because they're allowed to only give "good" opinions to others?

I will be truthful and tell you that I (likely others as well) like getting positive reps and most likely will not report positive reps. I know this is noob-ish of me to say this, but we can't really expect people to report positive rep abuse. Because in reality, I'm sure most people do like getting positive reps.

Just saying, I haven't received too much negative rep abuse or anything. Most rep abusers have very little rep altering power (I think), which is a good thing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back