• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
    Nick of Time, you better not have Sucker Punch there as Gengar's attack stat is poor (Explosion works fine on Gengar as Explosion has a BP of 250). Also, Sucker Punch and Shadow Ball have reluctant coverage. As you're not using Sucker Punch, use a Timid nature.

ITS A (anti) LEAD! I'm not looking for coverage
    I need sucker punch here is a scenario
    Opponents sends out Azelf
    Azelf uses fire blast/zen headbutt! (hits gengar down to sash)
    Gengar uses shadow ball (azelf down to sash)
    Me: (oh SHIZ he knew what i was doing)
    Gengar uses sucker punch (azelf is ko'd
    Azelf uses... it fainted.

Its only to break opponents sashes after they get hit down to it, i don't want to lose to azelf in any way shape or form =/

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
    Without Focus Blast, you get beaten by Heatran and Tyranitar.

Put Focus Blast instead of something.

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
    Without Focus Blast, you get beaten by Heatran and Tyranitar.

Put Focus Blast instead of something.

Tyranitar gets beaten by counter (the move counter)

Though i agree with you on the heatran part :P
    i guess ill just have to destiny bond heatran, which isn't really a loss more a :/

The good thing is that heatran isn't a common lead

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
    Tyranitar can set up Stealth Rock, then Payback you as you Counter and both die. Tyranitar because of Counter and you because of Payback + Sandstorm.

Who told you that Heatran isnt a common lead? It was 10th most used lead in May 2010, and may have rised in June.

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
    Tyranitar can set up Stealth Rock, then Payback you as you Counter and both die. Tyranitar because of Counter and you because of Payback + Sandstorm.

Who told you that Heatran isnt a common lead? It was 10th most used lead in May 2010, and may have rised in June.

meh im ok with that, actually the gengar is a lead for a sandstorm team so the earlier the storm is up the better. Plus its a higher likely hood tyranitar will see gengar and think SLEEP LEAD rather than COUNTER LEAD.

EDIT: gengar would actually die from payback if that was the case but i would destiny bond the second turn.

Oh yeah it should be risen, but i forgive you :P

either way heatran bites the dust which is really what i want. and 10th place means there are 9 others above it.

Thanks for the rate :)

Last edited:

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
    hey ok can someone rate this set on jirachi
    jirachi
    jolly
    leftovers
    176hp/252 speed/80att
    secret power
    iron head
    swagger
    psych up

the idea here is simple use secret power or swagger on a pokemon to get confusion/paralyzed
    then use the vice versa of what you just did (get parafusion)
    use psych up
    use iron head
    hax like crazy :)
    Note: my friend told me this results in losing your soul to hax.. =/

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    hey ok can someone rate this set on jirachi
    jirachi
    jolly
    leftovers
    176hp/252 speed/80att
    secret power
    iron head
    swagger
    psych up

the idea here is simple use secret power or swagger on a pokemon to get confusion/paralyzed
    then use the vice versa of what you just did (get parafusion)
    use psych up
    use iron head
    hax like crazy :)
    Note: my friend told me this results in losing your soul to hax.. =/

Like NinjaCaterpie said, T-Wave > Secret Power.

Psych Up + Swagger is a p dumb idea imo. Giving your opponent a free +2 Atk for a 50/50 chance to hurt itself is generally not a sound idea. Wish would also help it for the whole "not dying" thing and being useful as far as support goes.

edit: also Fire Punch would help you so you don't get pooped on by Lucario.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    Right now I'm breeding for an Eevee ready for a Glaceon. Since I'm not breeding for HP Fighting, I'll use Mirror Coat/Shadow Ball. Would I have to change the standard set's EV spread to suit the minor change?

Also, would a Rindo Mirror Coat Swampert work at all?

GreenLanturn

Interior Crocodile Fraligatr
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Feb 26, 2012
    So i wanted to try out different movesets with my Tyranitar. What do youall think iof this one to start

252 Atk / 48 SpA / 208 Spe

Earthquake
    Ice Fang
    Crunch
    Flamethrower.

any advice/critiscm is welcome.

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
    Avalanche is better than ice fang in many more situations chances are tyranitar will be slower than any flying grass dragon that you will face other than like.... celebi.... even then you should be crunching instead of avalanching

GreenLanturn

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Feb 26, 2012
    alright then ill replace ice fang with avalance, how is the ev spread for that moveset though?

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    So i wanted to try out different movesets with my Tyranitar. What do youall think iof this one to start

252 Atk / 48 SpA / 208 Spe

Earthquake
    Ice Beam
    Crunch
    Flamethrower.

any advice/critiscm is welcome.

Ice Beam is better than Ice Fang or Avalanche, Avalance is situtational and neg priority move, so if something uses Focus Punch (for whatever reason) you will die first, and most likely any attack they use will KO you first. Tar is bulky, but it isn't that naturally bulky.

I'm not sure what 208 Spe lets you outspeed though, I mean Tyranitar is pretty slow. Also what nature is it? I would assume like Quiet or something? Its pretty similar to the TyraniBoah set already on site, so to be perfectly honest I would just use that.

GreenLanturn

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Feb 26, 2012
    Ice Beam is better than Ice Fang or Avalanche, Avalance is situtational and neg priority move, so if something uses Focus Punch (for whatever reason) you will die first, and most likely any attack they use will KO you first. Tar is bulky, but it isn't that naturally bulky.

I'm not sure what 208 Spe lets you outspeed though, I mean Tyranitar is pretty slow. Also what nature is it? I would assume like Quiet or something? Its pretty similar to the TyraniBoah set already on site, so to be perfectly honest I would just use that.

right now i have one as a test for the movesets. althought i plan on breeding it once i pick a final moveset and ill use a nature that benifits its IVs/Moveset. So Icebeam is better than avalance, i guess ill be making another change.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Boah sucks lol

IIRC 208 Speed + speed nature beats 88 speed Rotom and Max speed Adamant Scizor.

SuperPower is also better than EQ on that set. It nails Blissey and other Tar whilst EQ doesn't add coverage since you can hit what EQ hits with your other moves. (I.e Metagross with Flamethrower)

Last edited:

Lickitricky

Avast, ye scurvy dogs!
    Years
    What to do about Marowak?

~I'm sorry if this thread is in the wrong section, if it is, please let me know what the right place is for it and I will repost it there~

Lately, I've been trying to create a team for competitive battling: my idea here is to take sweepers that have sky-high stats and/or very diverse movesets, but may need some specific context (items, moves, etc.) in order to get them ready to unleash their full power.

The first Pokemon I'm looking at is Marowak: a NU Ground-type Pokemon.
    Marowak has the second-highest base Attack stat, behind Rampardos, tied with Slaking and Regigigas, when it is holding a Thick Club. Its defense is pretty decent, but its Speed and Sp. Attack stats are low. What appeals to me is its high attack, the variety of moves it can learn, and hey, it looks pretty sleek.

Anyway, I wanted to take some advice from people to make Marowak very useful in competitive battling (even in OU). Knowing that it needs Thick Club as its item, what are the moves it should know? What pokemon should precede it? Should it be a Baton Pass-ee?

Any advice or comments are really appreciated~

Years
    For marowak you probably need trick room support. Great pokemon at providing this are bronzong, Porygon2 and Slowbro. For trick room you generally want 3 users of trick room to reliably sustain it throughout the contexts of a whole match.

When giving him team options you'll need a counter to bronzong and skarmory so I recommend the use of Camerupt or Octillery to partner along side it.

I recommend any of the following sets for trick room-

Swords dance

Brave
    Thick club
    160hp/252 Att/64def/36 Spdef
    ~ Swords Dance
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Stone Edge
    ~ Fire Punch

Attacker-

Brave
    Thick club
    160hp/252 Att/64def/36 Spdef
    ~ Double edge
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Stone Edge
    ~ Fire Punch

As for baton passing you will mainly want to pass on speed and possibly attack so ninjask is the perfect partner. Any of the two above sets with an adament/jolly nature and 252 in speed and attack recieve the pass perfectly.

Lickitricky

Avast, ye scurvy dogs!
    Years
    cool :D and thats awesome, cause i use octillery/bronzong for my doubles TR team too so that should be fun :) ill give it a try, thanks!

Back