• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    Skippy, how is Scarf Rotom? Rotom kinda tends to lure Gengar and Scarf Rotom can OHKO Gengar with Shadow Ball without SR and has a chance to OHKO Gengar with Thunderbolt if it has switched into SR twice. Since Scarf Rotom can be Pursuit bait (you can run something like Lucario or NP/SD Infernape to set up on Pursuit though), you can use Scarf Infernape since Gengar also likes to come in into Ape, outspeed and Shadow Ball for the KO but with Scarf, Ape outspeeds it easily and KO's with Fire Blast (some variants of Gengar survive Fire Blast even with SR up but that's just a 0.2% chance) with SR up. Also Fire Blast has a chance to OHKO without SR up. I haven't run calcs with Overheat but Overheat should OHKO regardless of SR.

I don't prefer either of those options, mainly because Rotom-H has a horrible Pursuit weakness and Infernape is already on my team as a priority mixed sweeper (Mach Punch/CC/GK/Fire Blast or Overheat). I'm currently trying out Scarf Hera with Night Slash, but it is really frail so I find it hard to play with.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    The request itself was pretty much impossible to fulfill since nothing really lures Gengar except stuff that generally can't touch it (like a Hippowdon but with CB Crunch to lure, though obviously this is not a revenge killer so it does not work). Luring and revenge killing Gengar both aren't hard, but doing both with one Pokemon is. I would just use a Scarf Jirachi. While it is no lure and LO Shadow Ball does a lot of damage, it will at least prevent a sweep which is ultimately what you want to accomplish. ScarfCross is really mediocre, at least Jirachi (and its formidable flinch rate) poses a threat and has good defensive typing.

Also how does Scarf Rotom lure Gengar lol? Once it switches into Stealth Rock and they see a lack of Leftovers recovery it's either Specs, SubLO, or Scarf, none of which Gengar has any business coming in on. Rotom also loses to any Gengar with Substitute for pretty obvious reasons.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2024
    I find SD LO Lucario with Bullet Punch pretty effective at luring Gengar out and netting a ko on it.

Either way you cant actually lure and revenge kill something at the same time since those are really rather different. One is forcing it out whilst the other is making it switch in on you.

EDIT:

Trapper Scizor might work after i have thought about it. You can Bullet Punch the sub feigning a CB and on the obv switch out Pursuit it.

Last edited:

TheNewRocketMovement

Nothing suits me like a suit.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2010
    Another attempt at 2vs2 leads.

Togekiss @ Light Clay
    Impish Nature
    DEF: 252 / S.DEF: 252 / HP: 4
    Follow Me
    Light Screen
    Reflect
    ExtremeSpeed

Poliwrath @ Chesto Berry
    Jolly Nature
    ATK: 252 / HP: 128 / SPD: 128
    Belly Drum
    Rest
    Vacuum Wave
    Dive

1st Turn: Togekiss uses Follow Me, Poliwrath uses Belly Drum
    2nd Turn: If Togekiss is still standing, Follow Me again, Poliwrath uses Rest.
    3rd Turn: If Togekiss hasn't been KO'd, Light Screen. Poliwrath uses Vacuum Wave
    4th Turn: If Togekiss hasn't been KO'd, Reflect. Poliwrath uses Vacumm Wave again.

I gave Poliwrath Dive because I've planned for the Pokemon to follow Togekiss to know Surf (As Poliwrath will have Water Absorb as its ability), I know using Belly Drum is really risky and hard to pull off, but I'd love to use it.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    I've been wonderin abt this for some time.I used a DDTar, but want 2 switch to THE CB one,which is gettin very popular these days.
    So, does the move "TORMENT" counter it permanently ,or for just 1 turn.Plus, if its for 1 turn, can I use a diff move aftr that turn??
    One more thing-I'm lookin for a ph sweeper in my team,which already has T-Tar.
    I hav a Heracross,Lucario,&a scizor,all adamant & 252 sp& att

SO....
    which is better????

Choice Band is not popular at all these days. Its listed in the Other category on usage stats. Or at least it was last time I checked but I can't image it has risen much in usage.

edit; oh yeah i had a question.

%%%%%%%%%%GSC%%%%%%%%%

I want to use Nidoking cause it looks like a p cool guy. I already have a snorlax with Fire Blast and Gengar with Fire Punch, so I wasn't sure if it was worth putting Fire Blast on Nidoking or if I should put Ice Beam over it?

Current set is:
    Nidoking @ Leftovers
    -Lovely Kiss (overrated cause it misses all the time >:()
    -EQ
    -Thunderbolt (not thunder cause it misses a lot too)
    -Fire Blast or Ice Beam

if it makes any difference this is the team:

starterlax/offensive spiker cloyster/curselix with boom/resttalk zapdos/nidoking/gengar

Last edited:

Angelroid

Sun X
    Years
    Is this moveset good for them.

Victreebel @ Heat Rock
    Trait: Chlorophyll
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
    Moveset:
    Sunny Day
    SolarBeam
    HP Fire/Sludge Bomb
    Sleep Powder/HP Ice

Tauros @ tba
    Trait: Intimidate
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Moveset:
    Return
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Zen Headbutt

Houndoom @ Leftovers
    Trait: Flash Fire
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Moveset:
    Nasty Plot
    Fire Blast/Flamethrower
    Dark Pulse
    HP Flying

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Why wouldn't they be? They're standard movesets that you copied and pasted from Smogon.

TehBluBlr

He Doesn't Afraid Of Anything
    Years
    • Age 30
    • USA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2010
    Is this a good moveset for a Jolteon?

Quick Attack
    Thunder
    Hidden Power (Rock)
    Dig

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2024
    Is this moveset good for them.

Victreebel @ Heat Rock
    Moveset:
    Sunny Day
    SolarBeam
    HP Fire/Sludge Bomb
    Sleep Powder/HP Ice

Tauros @ tba
    Trait: Intimidate
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Moveset:
    Return
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Zen Headbutt

Houndoom @ Leftovers
    Trait: Flash Fire
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Moveset:
    Nasty Plot
    Fire Blast/Flamethrower
    Dark Pulse
    HP Flying

Victreebel is outdated.

Victreebel @ Heat Rock
    Sunny Day
    SolarBeam
    Weather Ball
    Sleep Powder/HP Ice/Sludge Bomb

Weather Ball is so much better than HP Fire.

So is Houndoom. It wants Hasty, 100 Atk / 184 SpA / 224 Spe and Sucker Punch >> HP Flying. This stops Dugtrio stopping your sweep. Use a Life Orb.

Tauros wants Payback over Zen Headbutt to nail ghosts on the switch. Use a Life Orb or CB.

Is this a good moveset for a Jolteon?

Quick Attack
    Thunder
    Hidden Power (Rock)
    Dig

No, good heavens no. Physical attacks = rofllol on Jolt. Jolt cant afford the miss with Thunder either. HP Rock doesn't hit anything T-Bolt wont.

Jolteon@Choice Specs
    Timid Nature
    252 Sp.Att / 252 Speed / 6 HP
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power [Grass/Ice]
    - Shadow Ball
    - Baton Pass

Baton Pass for scouting counters and escaping Pursuit. Hp Ice/Grass hits Gliscor/Flygon and Swampert respectively.

Jolteon@Life Orb
    Timid Nature
    - Thunderbolt
    - Shadow Ball
    - Charge Beam

Same but charge beam lets you sweep easier with the sp.att boost.

TehBluBlr

He Doesn't Afraid Of Anything
    Years
    • Age 30
    • USA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2010
    No, good heavens no. Physical attacks = rofllol on Jolt. Jolt cant afford the miss with Thunder either. HP Rock doesn't hit anything T-Bolt wont.

Jolteon@Choice Specs
    Timid Nature
    - Thunderbolt
    - Shadow Ball
    - Baton Pass

Baton Pass for scouting counters and escaping Pursuit. Hp Ice/Grass hits Gliscor/Flygon and Swampert respectively.

Jolteon@Life Orb
    Timid Nature
    - Thunderbolt
    - Shadow Ball
    - Charge Beam

Same but charge beam lets you sweep easier with the sp.att boost.

Thanks for the advice. I was planning on using Jolt as a sweeper. I wanted to get the hidden power (ice/grass) but mine learned the rock one.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2024

Choice Band is not popular at all these days. Its listed in the Other category on usage stats. Or at least it was last time I checked but I can't image it has risen much in usage.

edit; oh yeah i had a question.

%%%%%%%%%%GSC%%%%%%%%%

I want to use Nidoking cause it looks like a p cool guy. I already have a snorlax with Fire Blast and Gengar with Fire Punch, so I wasn't sure if it was worth putting Fire Blast on Nidoking or if I should put Ice Beam over it?

Current set is:
    Nidoking @ Leftovers
    -Lovely Kiss (overrated cause it misses all the time >:()
    -EQ
    -Thunderbolt (not thunder cause it misses a lot too)
    -Fire Blast or Ice Beam

if it makes any difference this is the team:

starterlax/offensive spiker cloyster/curselix with boom/resttalk zapdos/nidoking/gengar

Ice Beam is better imo it stops the common ground types crapping all over you (see: Marowak and Donphan to some extent. Hitting Rhydon harder is P cool too)

Fire Blast only really hits Heracross tbh and Steelix.

Though id be Careful of Tyranitar and D-Nite. Your ONLY check to it is Nidoking which is easy to wear down with no recovery and T-Tars tendency to pack Ice Beam/EQ.

Dragonite basically 6-0's you since you have to revenge kill it something which eally isnt good in GSC as the easier something is to wear down the easier it is to sweep.

I feel a bulky water would solve both issues well. Such as cune.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    Is this a good moveset on Jirachi?
    Charge Beam
    Psychic
    Draco Meteor
    Double Edge

Also I know that I want Doom Desire up there, should I delete Draco Meteor or Double Edge for it? Also I plan on giving it a Petaya Berry asap.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years

Lol, no that's a terrible moveset. And it's not just the moves. You didn't even list the EVs or Nature of your Jirachi.

Don't use Charge Beam. It's weak, has relatively low PP, and doesn't guarantee a Sp. Attack boost. If you want to boost your Sp. Attack, use Calm Mind.

Draco Meteor is bad for Jirachi. The only Pokemon that should know Dragon moves are Dragon and Fire types. Do not teach Dragon moves to any other type of Pokemon.

Double-Edge is also bad. The only Pokemon that should know Normal moves are Normal types and *SOME* Water types. Do not teach Normal moves to any other type of Pokemon.

Doom Desire sucks. It takes too long to hit and it's not even that accurate so you might wait for three turns only to find out that nothing happens.

The only good move there is Psychic.

Depending on your Nature, teach Jirachi one of these following movesets:

CLICK HERE

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years
    Is this a good moveset on Jirachi?
    Charge Beam
    Psychic
    Draco Meteor
    Double Edge

Also I know that I want Doom Desire up there, should I delete Draco Meteor or Double Edge for it? Also I plan on giving it a Petaya Berry asap.

whats the nature of your NZ jirachi?

either way

Substitute
    Thunderbolt
    Flash Cannon/Psychic
    Calm Mind

is your best bet, Draco Meteor sucks when its not STAB and the -2spatk doesn't really fit for something capable of sweeping such as jirachi. Doom desire is terrible too IMO, by 3 turns, your opponent will have either set up on you or KOd your jirachi.

on another note, there are literally loads of movesets for jirachi, i just gave you one because you seemed to like charge up your sp atk and then sweep from there. Also Leftovers would be your premiere item as well

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    Your wrong on the not garunteed special attack boost.
    Thanks to jirachi's ability, Serene Grace, I've gotten the spatk boost every time I've used it so far.

and yeah I know Draco Meteor sucks whenever I use it it always falls just a little too short.

My Jirachi has a rash nature btw

Last edited:

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years
    Your wrong on the not garunteed special attack boost.
    Thanks to jirachi's ability, Serene Grace, I've gotten the spatk boost every time I've used it so far.

and yeah I know Draco Meteor sucks whenever I use it it always falls just a little too short.

My Jirachi has a rash nature btw

even more of a reason why you would want calm mind > charge beam because not only are you boosting spatk, your boosting spdef at the same time

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    true, I do like the moveset with substitute and thunderbolt and I would definitely run Psychic over Flash Cannon because the rest of my team doesn't have any psychic type moves but I have quite a few steel type moves.

Back