• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Magmarizer

Hitokiri Battōsai
    Years
    Metronome does reset, as does fury cutter. Then again, so does any set up. It'll pretty much be 3 and 2HKOing pokemon at three hits.
    3HKO after you set up with three hits? I dont think youll have enough time to get in three hits without switching. who would be that oblivious?

Kazbat028

The Only Guy With a Girlfriend
    Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2011
    people who don't know it's holding metronome. I'd be all like, lol, fury cutter, and try to do some set-up of my own.

Garrabutártulo

A wild Garrabutártulo appears!
    Years
    Make it physical, but use Jolly. Move special attack EV's into attack, replace your special move with either Taunt or Hypnosis and you're good to go.

Okidoki... Then it should be Fake Out/Rain Dance/U-turn/Hypnosis (I don't really think taunt would work that well since the result would be a OHKOed persian)

I saw persian could have limber too (thought technician was it's only ability).
    Technician woul be only useful for fake out... should I pick limber then?
    I don't really think I'll need it either...

Years
    May I please get nature, moves, spread, item suggestion...

For a GABITE for UU please. Thanks.

Kazbat should Battle Tower that Scizor...

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    also, technician boost is 1.5x, not double, meaning total damage including Tech and STAB is:

22.5 -> 49.5 -> 108 -> 156 -> 360. I think I calculated that right.

Uhm, that sucks. Heatran, Gyarados, Rotom; three of the most common OUs (and Scizor switches) just walk over this, particularly Gyarados who can Intimidate you and lol at your ridiculously weak attacks, even at max power, while they set up DD and destroy you. :| Also, Fury Cutter can miss.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Kingdra (M) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Swift Swim
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
    - Yawn
    - Dragon Dance
    - Outrage
    - Waterfall

Tell me what this Kingdra needs to fit a Rain Dance team in Ubers.

Years
    @Zeffy-

I recommended Draco Meteor over Yawn in the last slot for a few reasons-

1, It can deal 50% to a Groudon switch in so that it won't be able to ruin the rain again without dieing.

2, Non-specially defensive Dialga are KO'd by a combo of Outrage and Draco Meteor.

3, Other dragons like Rayquaza, Garchomp and Palkia can be 1HKO'd by it to avoid being locked into Outrage.

When running Draco Meteor be sure to run 176 in Speed and 80 in Special Attack. If you go with Yawn make sure you use an Adamant nature.

@An-San Rebellion-

move 1: Outrage
    move 2: Earthquake
    move 3: Stone Edge
    move 4: Dragon Claw
    item: Choice Band / Life Orb
    nature: Jolly
    evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

This physically attacking set is used as a more powerful alternative to Altaria. Gabite cannot learn Dragon Dance or Swords Dance so your best bet is going with an attacker with Life Orb or a Choice Band set. Jolly is used to out speed max speed base 80's and tie with neutral natured max speed base 95's. Choice Band allows you to 2HKO Milotic after rocks however Life Orb alls you to switch around moves. You can run Fire Blast to beat Steels however in UU there all grounded and therefore hit by Earthquake. One could run a special set bu then your outclassed by Altaria.

Another set can be a Scarf one with the same moves as Gabite then becomes a very scary revenge killer.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    May I please get nature, moves, spread, item suggestion...

For a GABITE for UU please. Thanks.

Kazbat should Battle Tower that Scizor...

I tried a Choice Gabite. Sadly, I think I let it down through stupidity. It has potential, particularly if you have a Sand Stream going...

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

Gabite @ Choice Band/Scarf
    Jolly/Adamant
    252 Atk | 252 Spe | 4 Hp

Outrage/Dragon Claw
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge / Rock Slide
    Iron Head/Return

Sadly, it doesn't have that many options....unlike Garchomp, no Fire Fang.

It might work better if you gave it a Life Orb and Baton Passed some speed and attack....

It's a little underpowered, and a bit slow. I'd recommend Jolly with Band, Adamant with Scarf. Iron Head could work if somebody switched in an Ice-type to take you out. And, honestly, whilst the loss of power will kill it, if you choose Outrage > Dragon Claw, then Sneasel would be lured. Although I don't think he's exceptionally common.

Years
    Gabite doesn't need fire fang as-

Against Grass types Outrage and earthquake (for Venusaur) do better than fire fang because of higher base power and stab.

For example-
    CB Outrage against Sceptile- 114.9% - 135.5%
    Firefang- 83.7% - 98.6%

And it also doesn't need it because all steel types in UU are grounded and therefore better hit by Earthquake.

Iron head and Return do very little. I think its a pretty bad reason to use Iron head 'BeCaUsE oF tHe IcE tYpE gEt PwNzOrZ' as no ice types feature in the top 30 most used. Dragon claw outclasses it as if your opponent has a Registeel waiting for you after your revenge kill you won't be wanting to get stuck on Outrage.

Anything can receive a baton pass as long as it has reasonable Moves and stats. But if I were to pick the best receiver it certainly wouldn't be Gabite.

Nugg

Le Diable Blanc
    Years
    This is my current team :

Metagross
    EVs : 140 HP/254 Atk/28 Def/88 Spd
    Hammer Arm/Meteor Mash/Agility/Earthquake

Feraligatr
    EVs : 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
    Surf/Waterfall/Ice Punch/ X

Latias
    EVs: 12 HP/252 DEF/204 Spd/42 S Atk
    Ice Beam/Recover/Calm Mind/Psychic

Magmortar
    EVs : 252 S Atk/252 Spd/6 HP
    Lava Plume/Thunderbolt/Focus Blast/ X

Electivire
    EVs : 252 Atk/252 Spd/6 HP
    Ice punch/Thunder Punch/ Cross Chop/ Earthquake

And for the final member, i'm planning on going with Adamant Torterra w/ Hammer Arm and Earthquake..

So my questions are
    1. Should I keep the moves of my pokemon as they are now?
    2. What items should I give them?
    3. Who should I use as lead?
    4. Some of my pokemon do not have a complete moveset yet (X). What move should I teach them? Magmortar has HP dark, i believe.

Also, should I switch Feraligatr with something else like Milotic or Blastoise??

Btw, i'm not very competitive and rarely get into battles, i'm just planning on battling my cousin (who i've never beaten) -.- soon. The last time I battled him, his lead was Ambipom with fake out and u-turn.. thanks in advance :)

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Metagross
    EVs : 140 HP/254 Atk/28 Def/88 Spd
    Hammer Arm/Meteor Mash/Agility/Earthquake
    Hammer Arm offers no coverage and is contradicting with Agility being used. ThunderPunch, Zen Headbutt, Ice Punch, or Explosion are all better options. ThunderPunch for Water-types, Zen Headbutt does decent damage to Rotom-A and Swampert, Ice Punch hits Gliscor and Zapdos, and Explosion could help open a sweep, etc. An EV spread of 60 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Speed would perform better in my opinion so that Metagross outruns Scarf Rotom-A and Scarfed neutral base 100's such as Scarf Flygon.

Feraligatr
    EVs : 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
    Surf/Waterfall/Ice Punch/ X
    Kingdra does the mixed sweeper role better in my opinion, I suggest focusing on a Swords Dance or Dragon Dance moveset. So, DD or SD should be used instead of Surf, and Earthquake in the last moveslot. Return and Aqua Jet could replace Ice Punch and Earthquake if you use SD, so you have perfect neutral coverage and decent priority.

Latias
    EVs: 12 HP/252 DEF/204 Spd/42 S Atk
    Ice Beam/Recover/Calm Mind/Psychic
    This looks like an OU team, so she's banned. ;(

Magmortar
    EVs : 252 S Atk/252 Spd/6 HP
    Lava Plume/Thunderbolt/Focus Blast/ X
    Magmortar is poor in OU, Infernape has better Speed and isn't Stealth Rock weak (same with Heatran).

Electivire
    EVs : 252 Atk/252 Spd/6 HP
    Ice punch/Thunder Punch/ Cross Chop/ Earthquake
    Looks good, but I recommend a mixed set so Electivire has a stronger STAB move and isn't easily walled by many defensive Pokemon. It also gives you a decent mixed sweeper.

Electivire @ Expert Belt
    36 Atk / 252 SpA / 220 Speed
    Mild nature (+SpA, -Speed)
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power Ice / Hidden Power Grass
    - Cross Chop
    - Flamethrower

HP Ice is for Gliscor and Flygon (when switching-in), while Grass is for Swampert. Cross Chop defeats Tyranitar, Blissey, and Snorlax. Flamethrower damages Steel-types like Scizor and Forretress and Grass-types.

And for the final member, i'm planning on going with Adamant Torterra w/ Hammer Arm and Earthquake..
    Torterra doesn't learn Hammer Arm by the way.

2. What items should I give them?
    Life Orb for Metagross and Feraligatr, Choice Specs or Life Orb for Magmortar, and Expert Belt or Life Orb for Electivire.

3. Who should I use as lead?
    Your last slot should be a lead that can set-up Stealth Rock (it helps damage Pokemon like Gyarados, and ensures many KOes), like Azelf, Metagross, Swampert, Jirachi, Infernape, Heatran, and so on.

Also, should I switch Feraligatr with something else like Milotic or Blastoise??
    Not really, it isn't outclassed by them anyway. Gyarados could replace Feraligatr if you use a DD moveset though, since it has higher Atk, Speed, defenses, has Intimidate, and is immune to Spikes (but it's Stealth Rock weak).

Salvation

To be saved.
    Years
    Hey I'm just wondering, why's ChestoRest Kingdra (or Gatr or Kyogre) starting to get popular?
    And what's the evs in Kingdra when running such a set?

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Hey I'm just wondering, why's ChestoRest Kingdra (or Gatr or Kyogre) starting to get popular?
    It can heal itself to set-up more DDs, while SubDD has to avoid being damaged.

And what's the evs in Kingdra when running such a set?
    Kingdra (M) @ Chesto Berry
    EVs: 144 HP/160 Atk/164 Spd/42 SDef
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Waterfall
    - Outrage
    - Rest

Corruptodile

Ma chérie, Je t'aime.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    Kingdra (M) @ Life Orb
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
    - Yawn
    - Dragon Dance
    - Outrage
    - Waterfall

Tell me what this Kingdra needs to fit a Rain Dance team in Ubers.

Yawn's ok-ish. I find Kingdra to be much better when it becomes a mixed attacker in the rain, paving the way for either a special or physical sweeper your hiding. Hydro pump / Draco Meteor are your best bets, depending on whether you want to hit Steels for neutral damage, or hit Celebi and Water pokemon.

Nugg

Le Diable Blanc
    Years
    Torterra doesn't learn Hammer Arm by the way.

Thanks for the advice :D
    Lol sorry, I meant Wood Hammer, not Hammer Arm, and i'm planning on teaching it stealth rock, and I'm thinking of an Impish Torterra instead :S

But I'm also wanting to add an Umbreon to my team :S I've been thinking of Bold Umbreon w/ Baton Pass/Mean look/ Wish. Thoughts?

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    ok, quick question: what is the smallest number of different type moves that make 100% chance of at least neutral damage (ie fighting/dragon, works for single types, but a ghost/steel type would be immune to fighting, and weak to dragon, anyone know?
    I'm pretty sure Fighting, Ghost (or Fire?), and Dragon hits every type for neutral, if that was what you were asking. Two types won't hit everything as far as I know.

But I'm also wanting to add an Umbreon to my team :S I've been thinking of Bold Umbreon w/ Baton Pass/Mean look/ Wish. Thoughts?
    Umbreon is pretty poor in OU, it gives many Pokemon free switch-ins. :( However, if you do use Umbreon you need at least one Fighting resist so you have something to switch-in if Infernape, Lucario, etc. decide to come in.

Last edited:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    ok, quick question: what is the smallest number of different type moves that make 100% chance of at least neutral damage (ie fighting/dragon, works for single types, but a ghost/steel type would be immune to fighting, and weak to dragon, anyone know?

Ghost/Steel doesn't exist as of now; your point is moot. Also, I'm pretty sure Dragon/Fire hits everything for at least neutral, but the stuff it hits for super is really small.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Yes please work your questions better.

Ghost + Fighting hit everything for neutral and so do Fight + Dragon.

Back