• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2014
    What Pokemon/sets compliment this Infernape set:

Infernape @ Life Orb
    Naive nature
    EVs: 64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
    -Fire Blast
    -Close Combat
    -Grass Knot
    -HP Ice

Celebi, Vaporeon, and Gyarados come to mind. Generally anything that can take and counter the water- and ground-type attacks aimed at Infernape works well with him.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    if you are going to take advantage of his chloryphyll ability specs is not your best option because he can easily be put into an unfavourable match up and be forced to switch out.
    This set would work much better.

Leftovers
    Chlorophyll
    Moveset
    ~ Sleep Powder
    ~ Energy Ball
    ~ Psychic
    ~ Synthesis

EV's: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe

This set combines it's great bulk and great sweeping capabilities.

Hope this helps

Leaf Storm >> Suck Ball so you can KO Clefable and actually damage things and 220 Speed> 216 to get to 201 speed so you actually beat most of the trash ~200 speed.

Celebi, Vaporeon, and Gyarados come to mind. Generally anything that can take and counter the water- and ground-type attacks aimed at Infernape works well with him.

Gyarados is prolly the best since him and ape can overwhelm water types. Saying that id use Spikes with them because its really difficult getting past hard counters like Vap even with both.

Bibliophibian

Wonder Trade Addict
    Years
  • Any idea what caused the frames to go weird like that? In the same HG save file I had used RNG manipulation to breed Staryu, Larvitar, and Gible, and I didn't get any unexpected results those times.

Thanks.
    It could be that you just didn't pick the egg up from the Daycare Man quickly enough. You need to get it as quickly as possible, otherwise it will skip ahead a couple of frames and you'll have to do the IVs all over again. Normally, if you don't get it quickly enough, it'll skip ahead an extra 2 frames, so instead of being on 10 you'd end up on 12, and etc.

gee2k8

Slicker than your average
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 24, 2013
    Hey just a quick post.
    Raising a a dusknoir on soul silver for the last slot of my team. I've decided on this moveset and was wondering how effective it may be:

Dusknoir@leftovers
    Impish
    252 HP / 28 Atk / 228 Def
    ~ Will-O-Wisp
    ~ Pain Split
    ~ Thunderpunch
    ~ Ice Punch

Now first off its missing EQ which i know is dangerous with heatran running about yet my team already has 2 users using Earthquake and i have a heatran revenge killer of my own that has earthpower so i figure if they bring in heatran and hope for a fire blast, absorb the fire and return with earth power...perhaps ;).
    At the moment nobody on my squad has an electric move; currently i am using vaporeon in the team so i can tank other waters but not do an awful lot back apart from toxic hence the addition.

Finally Ice punch to cover to teams lack of ice moves so that dragonite, gliscor or flygon don't try to ruin the day.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    This is in Game, so I'm sorry if this is the wrong place but ... I just got to Morty, have a level 21 Gyarados with no Water type moves, and was wondering about the efficency of having it no Surf? By the time I get to Bloackthorn I can replace it with Waterfall, so it isn't a bad idea right?

Veronika

work your blonde.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2011
    I have a level one Eevee that I want to become an Espeon. I know I have to raise it to max happiness, but what level should I let it evolove at?

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey just a quick post.
    Raising a a dusknoir on soul silver for the last slot of my team. I've decided on this moveset and was wondering how effective it may be:

Dusknoir@leftovers
    Impish
    252 HP / 28 Atk / 228 Def
    ~ Will-O-Wisp
    ~ Pain Split
    ~ Thunderpunch
    ~ Ice Punch

Now first off its missing EQ which i know is dangerous with heatran running about yet my team already has 2 users using Earthquake and i have a heatran revenge killer of my own that has earthpower so i figure if they bring in heatran and hope for a fire blast, absorb the fire and return with earth power...perhaps ;).
    At the moment nobody on my squad has an electric move; currently i am using vaporeon in the team so i can tank other waters but not do an awful lot back apart from toxic hence the addition.

Finally Ice punch to cover to teams lack of ice moves so that dragonite, gliscor or flygon don't try to ruin the day.
    It looks fine, but remember Rotom-A is superior if you're able to use it.

This is in Game, so I'm sorry if this is the wrong place but ... I just got to Morty, have a level 21 Gyarados with no Water type moves, and was wondering about the efficency of having it no Surf? By the time I get to Bloackthorn I can replace it with Waterfall, so it isn't a bad idea right?
    Not really, Surf is stronger than physical base 75 or lower move.

I have a level one Eevee that I want to become an Espeon. I know I have to raise it to max happiness, but what level should I let it evolove at?
    Evolve it at 36 so that it learns Baton Pass before evolving, which is the only useful move for Espeon that Eevee learns.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
  • So, does anyone remember any old Sassy Umbreon sets? I have a Sassy Eevee with Wish that's been sitting in my box for months and of course, the Smogon sets got changed before I had the chance to train the thing. lol. No Curse, unfortunately, so I can't use the Curse set. Actually, any Sassy Eeveelution set will do. :D

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2015
    goodness i missed the old sets. They removed latias and salamence which is both win and fail for us.

@griffin: i should be able to help you, problem is i lost the my ev's list :( but i have a sassy umbreon which is based from smogons.

edit: griffin, i found it!! although not quite, it's from serebii's 4th gen pokemon of the week, and they still use curse though. :|

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    So, does anyone remember any old Sassy Umbreon sets? I have a Sassy Eevee with Wish that's been sitting in my box for months and of course, the Smogon sets got changed before I had the chance to train the thing. lol. No Curse, unfortunately, so I can't use the Curse set. Actually, any Sassy Eeveelution set will do. :D
    Umbreon @ Leftovers
    252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
    - Wish
    - Protect
    - Payback
    - Heal Bell / Toxic

This is DA's UU moveset (and close to the old standard), but should work in OU decently.

murkage

Fairy Key Chain Sweeper
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2021
    sunny day

so me and my friend have been working on the perfect sunny day sweeper team. we have tested this against every strategy and it pulls through 99% of the time. the one thing i cant figure out is who i should lead the sunny day with. i was thinking jumpluff because of its awsome speed and ability to paralyze, etc but i was also thinking crobat because of his u-turn and quick snap of a hypnosis. decisions,decisions >.> what do you guys think

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
  • Why thankee, I have a brand new Umbreon now. =]
    One more question: Hasty Hippopotas with Curse|Slack Off|Earthquake|Roar. What can I do with this? Other than turning it into breeding bait, of course. Or lunch.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • I'd suggest turning that Hippo into breeding bait, you'll want to keep your defences as intact as possible, and curse w/ a +speed nature sounds somewhat contradictory. Rebreed and make it into an amazing physical wall, make it a curse set and abuse the egg moves to the fullest, or decide to be silly and make it a CB'er. :x

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2010
    I can use some recommendation for a CB Doryuuzu

Doryuuzu@CB
    Adamant
    252Atk(that's all I got...)
    EQ
    Rock Slide
    Shadow Claw

The main thing: need a recommendation for the 4th move, thanks
    (Please don't tell me SD set, I know it exists, just I'm looking for CB one)

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • I can use some recommendation for a CB Doryuuzu

Doryuuzu@CB
    Adamant
    252Atk(that's all I got...)
    EQ
    Rock Slide
    Shadow Claw

The main thing: need a recommendation for the 4th move, thanks
    (Please don't tell me SD set, I know it exists, just I'm looking for CB one)

Doryuuzu @ CB
    Adamant / Jolly
    252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
    Earthquake
    Rock Slide
    X-Scizzor
    Return / Brick Break

I don't know why you would use CB and not LO though......

umbreonofdarkness

Part-time Breeder, Trainer
    Years
  • Hi!

Do you think my Umbreon is any good?

Umbreon
    Held item:Leftovers
    Nature: Calm
    Ability:Synchronize
    MOVES:
    Baton Pass
    Mean Look
    Wish
    Taunt

I found this move set on Smogon. Basically I'd start of with Mean Look, to trap the pokemon(eg.scizor), then umbreon would baton pass straight away if it was the start, wish then baton pass to a supereffective monster(eg.infernape) if I was part way through and that pokemon was injured.

EV: 252 SpD/128 HP/128 Spe

252 Special Defense means that Umbreon can stand up to some special attackers while doing it's job. 128 speed means it isn't too slow, and it can outspeed aerodactyl when it comes to taunting.128 health points keeps Umbreon from running out of HP on it's first hit.

So, what do you think?

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years
  • Well, the moves are fine. You should be running a Careful nature, and not a Calm nature, though. Also, Umbreon DOES NOT outspeed Aerodactyl with 128 Speed EVs. Not even with 252 and a boosting nature. No way. It could only do that with a +2 speed stat boost. So you ought to fix that.
    Anyways, Umbreon isn't even really that good. I could see Infernape in particular switching in as you Mean Look, outspeeding you and hitting you with Close Combat before you get to Baton Pass. However, it's the only Mean Look passer there is, so keep it if you want.

umbreonofdarkness

Part-time Breeder, Trainer
    Years
  • Well, the moves are fine. You should be running a Careful nature, and not a Calm nature, though. Also, Umbreon DOES NOT outspeed Aerodactyl with 128 Speed EVs. Not even with 252 and a boosting nature. No way. It could only do that with a +2 speed stat boost. So you ought to fix that.
    Anyways, Umbreon isn't even really that good. I could see Infernape in particular switching in as you Mean Look, outspeeding you and hitting you with Close Combat before you get to Baton Pass. However, it's the only Mean Look passer there is, so keep it if you want.
    Thanks.
    I did try to get a careful nature, but I spent a whole day attempting it(It didn't work....*sigh*)! I kinda got bored and thought calm would do (+spd,-attack).

Sorry Yeah I forgot to put the 2 stat boost in. Sorry.

Infernape will be a problem.... I think I'll run the risk of Umbreon. Thanks for the advice Zaroas!

Cheeky Beaver

@ techloom clause
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2011
    don't use umbreon as a trap passer in the first place, it sucks tbh, i tried it once and just got annihilated by fighting types like lucario and infernape. Use it as a wish supporter instead

Umbreon@leftovers
    252 HP/ 128 spD/128 def
    wish
    Toxic
    protect
    dark pulse

But seriously just don't use umbreon because it really isn't that good.

Back