• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters
Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    so me and my friend have been working on the perfect sunny day sweeper team. we have tested this against every strategy and it pulls through 99% of the time. the one thing i cant figure out is who i should lead the sunny day with. i was thinking jumpluff because of its awsome speed and ability to paralyze, etc but i was also thinking crobat because of his u-turn and quick snap of a hypnosis. decisions,decisions >.> what do you guys think
    I prefer Crobat since it's bulkier, can Roost, and has a strong STAB move. Jumpluff is still good, and has more support options (it also learns Sleep Powder and U-turn by the way).

don't use umbreon as a trap passer in the first place, it sucks tbh, i tried it once and just got annihilated by fighting types like lucario and infernape. Use it as a wish supporter instead
    Which is why you should scout for them first and have something for Fighting-types, Scizor, etc. I'm not saying Trap Passer is a really good, but it's Umbreon's best moveset in OU in my opinion and isn't outclassed by anything.

Umbreon@leftovers
    252 HP/ 128 spD/128 def
    wish
    Toxic
    protect
    dark pulse

But seriously just don't use umbreon because it really isn't that good.
    Which is even more Lucario, Scizor, etc. bait, and I don't understand why you would use that instead of Blissey.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    i just downloaded the event mew and was wondering what i should do with him. any suggestions would be great, just please no "just put him in the box" stuff.
    These are its best movesets in my opinion:

Mew @ Lum Berry
    252 HP / 188 SpD / 68 Speed
    Calm nature
    - Rock Polish
    - Swords Dance / Nasty Plot
    - Taunt
    - Baton Pass

This was really fun to use the last time I played Ubers. Rock Polish first, then boost one of your offense stats, and lastly Baton Pass to a sweeper such as Groudon, Dialga, Rayquaza, Kyogre, and so on. Taunt is used for Roar, enemy Taunt, etc. This works even better with a dual screener like Mewtwo, Bronzong, Latias, and Deoxys-S.

Mew @ Lum Berry
    252 HP / 184 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD
    Adamant nature
    - Taunt
    - Stealth Rock
    - Explosion
    - U-turn

This is for leading. Basically, Taunt attempts to set up, Explosion to deal a lot of damage before dieing and can help remove threats to your team, and U-turn lets you scout and defeat Deoxys-S easier.

Last edited:

Dark Pulse94

Scienta Potentia Est
    Years
  • hi peoples!

I need a replacement for Skarmory on my OU double battle team (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=234427) - it is partnered with Swampert, and there is only one other flying-type on the team (Charizard, I don't want moltres)

so... what pokemon can replace Skarmory? I don't want a spiker, as that is not reliable in this environment, it takes too long to set up Spikes and often dies beforehand.

any suggestions?

Cheeky Beaver

@ techloom clause
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2011
    Maybe use politoed as the replacement and change muddy water to surf to take advantage of his water absorb ability.

Corruptodile

Ma chérie, Je t'aime.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    hi peoples!

I need a replacement for Skarmory on my OU double battle team (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=234427) - it is partnered with Swampert, and there is only one other flying-type on the team (Charizard, I don't want moltres)

so... what pokemon can replace Skarmory? I don't want a spiker, as that is not reliable in this environment, it takes too long to set up Spikes and often dies beforehand.

any suggestions?

Metagross? It's like Skarmory, just doesn't have recovery and packs a lot more firepower.

Cheeky Beaver

@ techloom clause
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2011
    actually a toxicroak might work well with your team. You could give it a sash so that it can use it over and over again because of the HP regeneration it's getting from surf.

Toxicroak@focus sash
    jolly nature
    252 att/4 HP/252 spe
    Taunt
    Brick Break
    Sucker Punch
    Poison Jab

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • actually a toxicroak might work well with your team. You could give it a sash so that it can use it over and over again because of the HP regeneration it's getting from surf.

Toxicroak@focus sash
    jolly nature
    252 att/4 HP/252 spe
    Taunt
    Brick Break
    Sucker Punch
    Poison Jab

Smogon said:
    If the holder has max HP, Focus Sash guarantees they survive any attack with 1 HP. If the holder is not at full health, the item will not activate. If the holder takes damage, but does not activate Focus Sash, and then recovers off this damage to return to 100% HP, Focus Sash can still activate. Focus Sash will allow the holder to survive all hits of a multi-hit move like Fury Attack, provided the holder is at 100% health on the first hit. Also allows the holder to survive all hits of Triple Kick. Focus Sash prevents the holder from OHKOing itself in its confusion. Does not protect against Doom Desire or Future Sight. Does not protect the holder from OHKOing itself from recoil damage. One-time use.

um wtf using focus sash over and over? ._.

Cheeky Beaver

@ techloom clause
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2011
    oops i didn't pay attention well enough to what smogon said. Just disregard my last post, except for the idea of the toxicroak because it works quite well with your team.

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2014
    Well, I'm starting to get into 5th Gen battling, and I was wondering what the standard Jaroda Perversity set was. So... What is it?

There isn't a "standard" set yet.

Most people run something like this:

Jalorda @ Leftovers
    Timid
    Perversity
    4 HP, 252 SP ATK, 252 SPE
    - Leaf Storm
    - Hidden Power (type is up to you)
    - Mega Drain/Leech Seed
    - Wring Out/Glare/Energy Ball

Take from that what you will.

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years
  • There isn't a "standard" set yet.

Jalorda @ Leftovers
    Timid
    Perversity
    - Leaf Storm
    - Mega Drain/Leech Seed

Ah, Ok. Thanks. I was thinking of making a 5th gen team, and was wondering what the set was that people have been using.

Cheeky Beaver

@ techloom clause
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2011
    There isn't a "standard" set yet.

Jalorda @ Leftovers
    Timid
    Perversity
    - Leaf Storm
    - Mega Drain/Leech Seed

You could also use substitute on that set. perhaps for the 4th move slot. Most people usually switch out when they see jaroda so it will give you a chance to set up a free sub. Also mega drain works great in combination with it.

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years
  • You could also use substitute on that set. perhaps for the 4th move slot. Most people usually switch out when they see jaroda so it will give you a chance to set up a free sub. Also mega drain works great in combination with it.
    That was actually what I was planning on doing. I was going to run this:

Jalorda @ Leftovers
    Timid
    4 HP/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
    Substitute
    Leaf Storm
    Hidden Power (Rock)
    Glare (To cripple Heatran switch ins)

Walled by Nat, but can get neutral hits on Heatran/Scizor and super effective on Dragonite/Salamence.

Thoughts?

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    What are a few Pokemon that support Bastiodon? I'm trying to use Bastiodon in a team. Sets would be nice.

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years
  • What are a few Pokemon that support Bastiodon? I'm trying to use Bastiodon in a team. Sets would be nice.

Sandstorm support is always helpful when using Bastiodon, so use a Hippopotas in UU/NU or a Tyranitar/Hippowdon if using him in OU (Which is pretty unlikely). Slowbro could help with Fighting types and could also possibly help deal with Grounds. Weezing has good defensive synergy with him. Swellow makes for a good offensive partner for Bastiodon because it can destroy Fighting types.

For sets, go here:
    http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/bastiodon

Not really familiar with Bastiodon, so I can't really say any sets off the top of my head.

Cheeky Beaver

@ techloom clause
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2011
    What are a few Pokemon that support Bastiodon? I'm trying to use Bastiodon in a team. Sets would be nice.

Bastiodon@leftovers
    impish nature
    252 HP/4 att/252 def
    stealth rock
    roar
    toxic
    stone edge

toxic/SR support is probably your best option. It is basically an inferior hippowdon, but as Zaroas said it is probably best used with sandstorm to get weather damage along with toxic damage.

ALittleDizzy

Cute and Hopeless Trainer
    Years
  • My Crazy Gengar

I have a Gengar named Saria whose strategy is pretty crazy. It's not a stand alone pokemon by any means but it works great. Ok first off it has a nature that has no pluses or minuses, which is fine. Then I EV it's speed and special defense to the max.

The moveset contains:
    Perish Song
    Hypnosis
    Mean Look
    Swagger

It's strategy is simple: hypnosis, mean look, swagger, then perish song.
    During this make sure the opponent stays either confused and or asleep. Equip Leftovers on Gengar so if he gets it he heals =D

Cheeky Beaver

@ techloom clause
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2011
    First of all, gengar is incredibly frail so ev'ing it to the max will barely do anything to its defences. It will still die to common attacks like pursuit and shadow ball that are super effective on it. Second of all, mismagius works much better as a perish trapper due to its better bulk. You could use this set instead.

Mismagius@leftovers
    calm nature
    252 HP/216 spD/40 spe
    perish song
    mean look
    taunt
    protect

this set works really well for perish trapping. I have one of these on my UU team and it is awesome. Mean look, perish song, protect stall, then switch out on the last turn of perish song, killing them, while you survive.

Back