• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    If you want, you can replace Earthquake with Superpower and make it a Scarftar

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
    Nature: Jolly (+Spe -SAtk)
    EV's: 4 HP | 252 Attack | 252 Speed
    -Crunch
    -Stone Edge
    -Superpower
    -Pursuit / Aqua Tail

I'd actually move that Aqua Tail slash over Superpower. Pursuit is more useful than Superpower to catch fleeing Lati@s, Gengar, etc. Isn't Pursuiting things Scarftar's specialty, anyway?

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • whats a good moveset for ferrothorn?

You know, you could just go take a look at the threat list and save the hassle.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
    Trait: Iron Barbs
    EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
    Ivs: 0 Speed
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spe)
    - Spikes
    - Leech Seed / Stealth Rock
    - Power Whip
    - Gyro Ball / Thunderwave / Protect

Ferrothorn's standard set. 8D

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    i am half way through making a rain dance team...
    i need help for my blissey:
    Blissey @ Leftovers
    Serene Grace
    Modest Nature (+ SP Attack, - Attack)
    252 HP, 252 Defence, 4 Sp Attack
    - Rain Dance
    - Thunder
    - Soft Boiled
    - (NEED ANOTHER MOVE)

The point of this is to keep the rain going if it has faded, this also means the thunder will never miss. Also instead of a 30% chance of paralysis it is a 60% due to the ability. The soft boiled is to regain health and i need one more move, preferably one which causes a secondary effect can someone help me please by listing a few moves that i could consider?

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    i am half way through making a rain dance team...
    i need help for my blissey:
    Blissey @ Leftovers
    Serene Grace
    Modest Nature (+ SP Attack, - Attack)
    252 HP, 252 Defence, 4 Sp Attack
    - Rain Dance
    - Thunder
    - Soft Boiled
    - (NEED ANOTHER MOVE)

The point of this is to keep the rain going if it has faded, this also means the thunder will never miss. Also instead of a 30% chance of paralysis it is a 60% due to the ability. The soft boiled is to regain health and i need one more move, preferably one which causes a secondary effect can someone help me please by listing a few moves that i could consider?

Blissey isn't a very effective user of Rain Dance. I'd much rather use Drizzle Politoed for endless rain, or if you're using Swift Swim, Prankster Tornadus/Thundurus with Rain Dance because they abuse it very well with Thunder/Hurricane respectively. Blissey just doesn't have the offensive stats to use a set like that very effectively.

Detox

Trait: Poison Heal
    EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Fling
    - Earthquake
    - Acrobat
    - Swords Dance / Protect / Taunt

Years
  • Blissey isn't a very effective user of Rain Dance. I'd much rather use Drizzle Politoed for endless rain, or if you're using Swift Swim, Prankster Tornadus/Thundurus with Rain Dance because they abuse it very well with Thunder/Hurricane respectively. Blissey just doesn't have the offensive stats to use a set like that very effectively.

On the other hand, giving Blissey Aromatherapy can make it useful in maintaining any sweepers who the opponent may try to paralyze or otherwise status out of the battle, while doing her usual special sponge thing.

And that serene grace paralyze feels like it hits all the time, and on top of the damage it is never fun to take, I would not discount the viability of the set.

But, yeah, Politoed outclasses Blissey for rain set-up.

PickupTeam

Free Item Abuser
    Years
  • Not sure where to post this, and I will have many more posts like this to come.

Here's a hypothetical pokemon I may create:

Drifblim
    Ability: Unburden
    @ Flying Gem
    Acrobatics
    Ominous Wind
    Baton Pass
    Recycle/Explosion

Acrobatics is the whole point of this pokemon. It recieves STAB plus a nice 3x multiplier with Flying Gem. Baton Pass is to send that double speed boost (and perhaps a lucky OW boost) on to a more powerful sweeper. Recycle because I can abuse that same power-up, and Explosion because an exploding blimp is hysterical >.>

My request is simple. Just judge my hypothetical pokemon.

Conjurer

The Verdant
    Years
  • Not sure where to post this, and I will have many more posts like this to come.

Drifblim
    @ Flying Gem
    Acrobatics
    Ominous Wind
    Baton Pass
    Recycle/Explosion

Acrobatics is the whole point of this pokemon. It recieves STAB plus a nice 3x multiplier with Flying Gem. Baton Pass is to send that double speed boost (and perhaps a lucky OW boost) on to a more powerful sweeper. Recycle because I can abuse that same power-up, and Explosion because an exploding blimp is hysterical >.>

The concept is good, but once it baton passes it becomes dead weight. Even with Acrobatics's excellent BP once you lose the Gem, Drifblim's base 80 Atk isn't going to scratch much. Its bulk (150/44/54) isn't enough to pull off 3 turns to set up all over again with Recycle + Acrobatics + Baton Pass, and Explosion just got nerfed.

Nice try, though. I'd like to see what you'd come up with next. :)

EDIT: PlatinumDude ninja'd me, so yeah apparently Unburden boosts aren't passable. XD

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years

Drifblim
    @ Flying Gem
    Acrobatics
    Ominous Wind
    Baton Pass
    Recycle/Explosion

You can't Baton Pass the Unburden boost. It stays with Drifblim until it faints or is switched out.

However, you can Baton Pass Calm Mind and Substitute with it:
    -Baton Pass
    -Shadow Ball
    -Calm Mind
    -Substitute/Hidden Power (Fighting)/Thunderbolt/Stockpile
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk or SDef/252 Spe
    Item: Salac Berry/Petaya Berry/Liechi Berry/Leftovers
    Ability: Unburden/Aftermath

PickupTeam

Free Item Abuser
    Years
  • You can't Baton Pass the Unburden boost. It stays with Drifblim until it faints or is switched out.

However, you can Baton Pass Calm Mind and Substitute with it:
    -Baton Pass
    -Shadow Ball
    -Calm Mind
    -Substitute/Hidden Power (Fighting)/Thunderbolt/Stockpile
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk or SDef/252 Spe
    Item: Salac Berry/Petaya Berry/Liechi Berry/Leftovers
    Ability: Unburden/Aftermath

Bummer about Unburden, it's still useful for a Baton Passer though.
    Also, I'm not using Drifblim without Acrobatics in its moveset. 247.5 power is hard to pass up, plus I love gimmicky moves.

EDIT:
    I have another question, this time about breeding. I just now found a Ditto I have, who just so happens to have potential HP Fighting and all-around IVs above 20.

Can I breed for HP Fighting using this particular Ditto, or is there some weird formula that changes the HP you get through breeding?

Last edited:
    Years
  • EDIT:
    I have another question, this time about breeding. I just now found a Ditto I have, who just so happens to have potential HP Fighting and all-around IVs above 20.

Can I breed for HP Fighting using this particular Ditto, or is there some weird formula that changes the HP you get through breeding?

HP is determined by the individual pokemon's IVs. Since parents only pass 3 IVs to the new pokemon, it won't be any any help to use that Ditto in passing HP Fighting. Getting the right HP in-game is more about luck than probably any other feature of breeding since, unless you RNG, 3 IVs will always be randomly selected. It's why in wifi play you see so little use of HP compared to PO, I figure (outside of the stuff that is RNG'd/legit hacks).

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    What the best Ev distribution and moveset for a Bulk-Up Conkeldurr? Would this do;

Conkeldurr @ ???
    Adamant Nature
    Guts

Bulk Up - Mach Punch - Drain Punch - Payback
    120 HP | 252 Attack | 136 Special Defense

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    What the best Ev distribution and moveset for a Bulk-Up Conkeldurr? Would this do;

Conkeldurr @ ???
    Adamant Nature
    Guts

Bulk Up - Mach Punch - Drain Punch - Payback
    120 HP | 252 Attack | 136 Special Defense

That would be the standard EV distribution, yes. :)

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Say, does counter/mirror coat/metal burst work on a Shedinja?

All those moves aren't super-effective, so no, none of them hit iirc. For reference, Counter doesn't work on Ghost-types and Mirror Coat doesn't work on Dark-types so it's not like they normally break through those immunities, anyway. I could be wrong though I'm very solidly sure that none of them will work. :)

Back