• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

boktor666

I Learnz hacks.
Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2011
    Ok, i have a small question (its actually pretty big.. and there are a few of them :/)

So I want to build my online team, and have a selection of poke's availibe.. Unfortunately, there has been a hiccup. So here are the questions:

-lets say: My galvantula is lvl 54. It's supposed to be a SpAtk/speed sweeping monster. Its base stats are quite decent, except for def/sp.def, but thats where speed kicks in.

Now, I just recently (i'm new to online battles) heard about EV's. Will i be able to raise EV's against lower level pokemons? (Like special ev's at the tower of heaven). I hope so, that would be terrific, since i dont want to re-breed galvy, since its pretty decent.

-Question numby 2:

I want that hydreigon badly! I caught a Deino at victory road (after 2 hours of search). And then, I found out that it had a serious nature, but also the very unfortunate HUSTLE ability (ups ATK stat, lowers accruacy, wich is important).. So, breed it again? And then, whats the best build for my Hydreigon (so i can find out what stats to focus on) And what nature would be fortunate

-Question 3:
    Where to get life orb/choice specs.... and the amount of leftovers.. a lot of people use multiple leftover poke's, wich is annoying, since i only found 1 lefty.. Are they are hackers or such? (like Generating their team on the pc with all stats, like pokemon online works)

-4:
    Pokemons in random wifi in Gen 5 are being put back to lv. 50. Does the team keep its stats (for example lvl 100 stats?)

-5 whats the best place to train the team after they reach lvl 70+.. it seems that the wilds dont really go very high.

So much thanks in advance, i really can use some help :D

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Ok, i have a small question (its actually pretty big.. and there are a few of them :/)

So I want to build my online team, and have a selection of poke's availibe.. Unfortunately, there has been a hiccup. So here are the questions:

-lets say: My galvantula is lvl 54. It's supposed to be a SpAtk/speed sweeping monster. Its base stats are quite decent, except for def/sp.def, but thats where speed kicks in.

Now, I just recently (i'm new to online battles) heard about EV's. Will i be able to raise EV's against lower level pokemons? (Like special ev's at the tower of heaven). I hope so, that would be terrific, since i dont want to re-breed galvy, since its pretty decent.

-Question numby 2:

I want that hydreigon badly! I caught a Deino at victory road (after 2 hours of search). And then, I found out that it had a serious nature, but also the very unfortunate HUSTLE ability (ups ATK stat, lowers accruacy, wich is important).. So, breed it again? And then, whats the best build for my Hydreigon (so i can find out what stats to focus on) And what nature would be fortunate

-Question 3:
    Where to get life orb/choice specs.... and the amount of leftovers.. a lot of people use multiple leftover poke's, wich is annoying, since i only found 1 lefty.. Are they are hackers or such? (like Generating their team on the pc with all stats, like pokemon online works)

-4:
    Pokemons in random wifi in Gen 5 are being put back to lv. 50. Does the team keep its stats (for example lvl 100 stats?)

-5 whats the best place to train the team after they reach lvl 70+.. it seems that the wilds dont really go very high.

So much thanks in advance, i really can use some help :D

For Question number 1, Yep, you can Ev train at whatever level in Black and White. Go nuts! :P

Deino always has the Hustle ability, as does it's evolution; Zweilous. However Hydreigon has the Levitate ability, and will always have the Levitate ability. n____n Bad luck about the nature though. D: I suggest breeding for a Timid Deino.

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Draco Meteor
    - Surf/Focus Blast
    - Fire Blast
    - U-turn

That's his standard set which hit's like a train! :D Some people prefer the choice item variant but LO is better IMO. 8D

Choice Specs, Life Orb, Leftovers can all be purchased with BP [Battle Points iirc] You obtain this by battling in the battle subway, most people just use Action replay for 999x Items though. [That's not hacking btw] You'll have to work for your items. 8D Unless you can get an AR.

Once the levels go down to 50, they'll have the stats of a Level 50 Pokemon. <_< Say your Galvantula has 252 Speed Ev's & a Timid nature, at Level 50 it's speed will be 176, whilst at Level 100 it would be 346, both of which are it's max speed for those levels [176 for 50, 346 for 100] This make sense? :D

The east side of Unova is packed with high leveled Pokemon, the double grass Pokemon are at about level 60-68 they're a fierce bunch. If you want to train with higher Pokemon go to the Pokemon League if you can, Pokemon owned by trainers give a lot more EXP than wild Pokemon. Hunt for Audino, they give mountains of EXP. Hope this helps you. <:

Years
  • I don't think Leftovers can be bought with BP?

You'll have to trade for more. They are pretty cheap, considering it is near-impossible to track what is and is not AR'd in to my knowledge, item-wise.

boktor666

I Learnz hacks.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2011

For Question number 1, Yep, you can Ev train at whatever level in Black and White. Go nuts! :P

Deino always has the Hustle ability, as does it's evolution; Zweilous. However Hydreigon has the Levitate ability, and will always have the Levitate ability. n____n Bad luck about the nature though. D: I suggest breeding for a Timid Deino.

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Draco Meteor
    - Surf/Focus Blast
    - Fire Blast
    - U-turn

That's his standard set which hit's like a train! :D Some people prefer the choice item variant but LO is better IMO. 8D

Choice Specs, Life Orb, Leftovers can all be purchased with BP [Battle Points iirc] You obtain this by battling in the battle subway, most people just use Action replay for 999x Items though. [That's not hacking btw] You'll have to work for your items. 8D Unless you can get an AR.

Once the levels go down to 50, they'll have the stats of a Level 50 Pokemon. <_< Say your Galvantula has 252 Speed Ev's & a Timid nature, at Level 50 it's speed will be 176, whilst at Level 100 it would be 346, both of which are it's max speed for those levels [176 for 50, 346 for 100] This make sense? :D

The east side of Unova is packed with high leveled Pokemon, the double grass Pokemon are at about level 60-68 they're a fierce bunch. If you want to train with higher Pokemon go to the Pokemon League if you can, Pokemon owned by trainers give a lot more EXP than wild Pokemon. Hunt for Audino, they give mountains of EXP. Hope this helps you. <:

Omg thank you so much. This REALLY helps me.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I don't think Leftovers can be bought with BP?

You'll have to trade for more. They are pretty cheap, considering it is near-impossible to track what is and is not AR'd in to my knowledge, item-wise.

I don't think they can either. You can find one set around Village Bridge with the Dowsing Machine, and if you want more you'll have to have a level 80-100 Pokemon with Pickup and there's a 1% chance that the Pokemon will have Leftovers. Or you could figure out how to catch Snorlax/Munchlax in B/W but I think that's impossible too.

...yeah, you might be best off trying to get an AR or trading with other people for Leftovers. :(

Detox

More specifically, the set on the Village Bridge is in the trash can underneath it.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I was mistaken, v_v It's not purchasable. But they are quite common around traders. n___n Glad I could help.

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2011
    So I'm trying to raise an Ariados with both venoshock and toxicspikes, but I don't know what other 2 moves to give it. Any ideas? also what nature would be best for it? I have several so I don't know which nature to choose from.

Detox

Honestly, if you are looking for a poison type to setup Toxic Spikes, you're probably much better off with Nidoqueen or Drapion as Ariados has no way to beat things that stop it, especially fire and steel types.

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2011
    Honestly, if you are looking for a poison type to setup Toxic Spikes, you're probably much better off with Nidoqueen or Drapion as Ariados has no way to beat things that stop it, especially fire and steel types.

Just wondering, would nidoking also be a good alternative?

Detox

Well it can be, however Nidoqueen is preferred because of her ability to take hits much better than her male counterpart.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Nidoking can be used to draw in Chansey in UU and set up Toxic Spikes in its face. It's less bulky than Nidoqueen but it hits much much harder and can be of use later on as a late-game sweeper once Chansey is worn down by the Toxic Spikes it set up. Sure, Nidoqueen is bulkier and can probably set them up better, but Nidoking gets easy opportunities to do so and also can abuse them later on. It's enough of a difference to justify using either one, imo.

So yeah, Nidoking can work too. :)

Years
  • RE: Pokerus

I recently got a pokemon with a pokerus from a trade. I want to get rid of the Pokerus so I can use it in the VGCs. However, the pokemon is level 100 - is there any way I can get rid of the pokerus?

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I recently got a pokemon with a pokerus from a trade. I want to get rid of the Pokerus so I can use it in the VGCs. However, the pokemon is level 100 - is there any way I can get rid of the pokerus?

I don't think Pokerus prevents you from playing in the VGCs, since it's natural and an in-game event that happens sometimes. It's not like steroids or anything! o_O

Years
  • I recently got a pokemon with a pokerus from a trade. I want to get rid of the Pokerus so I can use it in the VGCs. However, the pokemon is level 100 - is there any way I can get rid of the pokerus?

What Vrai said is true, but I'll add that Pokerus "cures" itself after the pokemon is in your party for 24 hours, regardless of level, and the PKRS symbol will turn into a smiley face.

Detox

as long as it was not obtained through the use of an external device, you can use it in the VGC's.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    What Vrai said is true, but I'll add that Pokerus "cures" itself after the pokemon is in your party for 24 hours, regardless of level, and the PKRS symbol will turn into a smiley face.

No, it removes the ability for it to transfer between Pokemon after 24 hours. The effects of PKRS will still be there and will always be there once you've gotten it, iirc.

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2011
    Azelf - Lv 100
    Item: Expert Belt
    Ability: Levitate
    Nature: Relaxed
    Moves:
    Thunderbolt
    Energy Ball
    Flamethrower
    Psychic
    Infernape
    - Lv 54
    Item: Mirace Seed
    Ability: Blaze
    Nature: Quirky
    Moves:
    SolarBeam
    Earthquake
    Flamethrower
    Brick Break

Volcarona - Lv 79
    Item: TwistedSpoon
    Ability: Flame Body
    Nature: Careful
    Moves:
    Heat Wave
    Quiver Dance
    Bug Buzz
    Psychic

Hydreigon - Lv 64
    Item: Leftovers
    Nature: Calm
    Moves:
    Hyper Voice
    Flamethrower
    Dragon Pulse
    Crunch

Braviary - Lv 54
    Item: BrightPowder
    Ability: Keen Eye
    Nature: Docile
    Moves:
    Slash
    Fly
    Tailwind
    Hone Claws

I need one more team member to complete my team but I have no idea which one to get..
    I tried Kanghaskan with Shadow Ball/Endure/Outrage/Reversal but that didn't work out so great.
    I'm not good at this.. *sigh*
    Could I please get some advice? Thank you all so much~

Last edited:
    Years
  • No, it removes the ability for it to transfer between Pokemon after 24 hours. The effects of PKRS will still be there and will always be there once you've gotten it, iirc.

Yeah, that's right, that's what I meant. Pokerus is a bit like Mono, in that sense. Though I guess you can always pass that on...

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    It'd probably have been better if you posted a thread, but...

Azelf - Lv 100
    Item: Expert Belt
    Nature: Relaxed
    Moves:
    Thunderbolt
    Energy Ball
    Flamethrower
    Psychic
    Azelf's best set this generation is to abuse Nasty Plot. Your set should look a little more like this, imo:

Azelf @ Life Orb
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
    - Nasty Plot
    - Psyshock / Psychic
    - Hidden Power [Fighting] / Shadow Ball
    - Fire Blast

Infernape
    - Lv 54
    Item: Mirace Seed
    Nature: Quirky
    Moves:
    SolarBeam
    Earthquake
    Flamethrower
    Brick Break

Infernape would probably be best running a mixed set:

Infernape @ Life Orb
    Nature: Naive
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
    - Overheat
    - Close Combat
    - U-turn / Grass Knot
    - Stone Edge / Mach Punch

Volcarona - Lv 79
    Item: TwistedSpoon
    Ability: Flame Body
    Nature: Careful
    Moves:
    Heat Wave
    Quiver Dance
    Bug Buzz
    Psychic

You've got the right idea, but a few adjustments: Volcarona wants Life Orb, Fire Blast/Flame Dance > Heat Wave, and preferably Hidden Power [Rock] > Psychic but Psychic works too.
    Hydreigon - Lv 64
    Item: Leftovers
    Nature: Calm
    Moves:
    Hyper Voice
    Flamethrower
    Dragon Pulse
    Crunch

Hydreigon would like to use a Life Orb special attacking set as it makes use of his best qualities - a good SpA stat, great coverage, and solid bulk.

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
    - Draco Meteor
    - Dark Pulse
    - Fire Blast
    - Focus Blast / U-turn

Braviary - Lv 54
    Item: BrightPowder
    Ability: Keen Eye
    Nature: Docile
    Moves:
    Slash
    Fly
    Tailwind
    Hone Claws

Braviary... well, Braviary isn't exactly competitively viable. It doesn't have much insofar as standard sets and I'm too tired to think one up for you right now. If you can, I'd suggest using something good like Staraptor over it but I'm just gonna step out on this one and be lazy. :B

Back