• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    Is a Relaxed Registeel usable in competitive battle? Or is it doomed to sit in my PC box forever? I'm curious to know any possible movesets as well.

it is usable because Registeel is slow anyway, and this is its OU Tank set :

Registeel @ Leftovers
    Nature : Impish / Relaxed
    Ability : Clear Body
    EVs : 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
    -Stealth Rock
    -Explosion
    -Ice Punch
    -Explosion / Toxic

Another quick question, on the standard DDMence set, can Fire Blast be replaced with Fire Fang?
    I'm thinking of doing this because I currently have 24 SpA EVs on Salamence. I was thinking of removing these EVs and maxing out Atk and using Fire Fang to maximize the power of my other moves. Does this sound like a reasonable thing to do?

you can use Fire Fang, but you will only manage to 2HKO Skarmory and Bronzong and OHKO Forretress and Scizor after a DD.

This is its Standard EV spread by the way : 252 Atk / 24 SpA / 232 Spe.

with these EV Spread, you will still outspeed the stuffs you usually outspeed with 252 Spe and OHKO the steels that are mentioned above with Fire Blast( though I dunno if it can always OHKO Bronzong ). you wont speed tie with Max Speed Scarf Jiarchi but you might outspeed it because some of them uses 176 Spe instead of 252 Spe.

Kendall

Fool of a Took
    Years
    Movest: Swords Dance, Sucker Punch / Shadow Sneak, X-Scissor, Aerial Ace/Will-o-Wisp

Just wondering, are you saying I should put in shadow sneak instead of sucker punch?

If so, why? Sucker punch has 80 power over shadow sneak's 40, and its also an increased priority move. Of course there may be something I'm not seeing here.

If you meant either could work, then nevermind.

Ken

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Just wondering, are you saying I should put in shadow sneak instead of sucker punch?

If so, why? Sucker punch has 80 power over shadow sneak's 40, and its also an increased priority move. Of course there may be something I'm not seeing here.

If you meant either could work, then nevermind.

Ken
    I was saying it was an option, but not like it is entirely better. Shadow Sneak is more reliable, but usually Sucker Punch is better.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Ok, thanks. Also, how is shadow sneak more reliable?

Ken

Beacuse if they dont attack you, Sucker Punch fails so its very easy to set up on aka free DD/SD/Sub etc. Shadow Sneak hits them regardless.

Years
    Still waiting on moveset filler for:
    Granbull (UU coverage): CloseCombat, Heal Bell, ???, ???
    EV spread for Adamant Blastoise: Fake Out, Aqua Jet, Rapid Spin, Bite/Toxic

Special attacker Pidgeot?

Suggestions for physical Shaymin (Quirky)?

EV for atk & spe
    -Zen Headbutt
    -Swords Dance
    -Seed Bomb

What should the fourth move be?

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Still waiting on moveset filler for:
    Granbull (UU coverage): CloseCombat, Heal Bell, ???, ???
    EV spread for Adamant Blastoise: Fake Out, Aqua Jet, Rapid Spin, Bite/Toxic

Special attacker Pidgeot?

Suggestions for physical Shaymin (Quirky)?

EV for atk & spe
    -Zen Headbutt
    -Swords Dance
    -Seed Bomb

What should the fourth move be?

If you are using granbull defensively, use this

Granbull@Leftovers
    252 HP / 80 DEF / 176 S.DEF
    Careful Nature
    Trait : Intimidate
    - Earthquake / Fire Punch / Roar
    - Body Slam
    - Heal Bell
    - Toxic / Thunderwave / Roar

This guy is pretty cool, ive used it several times and it always pulls its weight.

Anyways the evs maximize its defensive capabilities and with Intimidate it lets it take hits REALLY well.

Body Slam is for STAB and the paralysis chance, Earthquake to hit steels and for coverage whilst Fire Punch hits ghosts too and still hits steels and has excellent coverage with Toxic. Thunderwave for guaranteed paralysis, but id say Toxic is better. Roar is a great option to phaze with especially on something that can take hits very well and to differentiate it from Miltank.

You can also use Reflect if you wish for team support in either the first or last slots.

As for Blastoise, dont use it like that. If you want priority+offensive water types Feraligatr and Azumarril are your boys. Blastoise is better defensively

Blastoise@Leftovers
    252 HP / 176 DEF / 20 SPEED / 62 S.Def
    Bold Nature
    - Rapid Spin
    - Surf / Hydro Pump
    - Ice Beam / Roar / Foresight / Hidden Power Grass / Toxic / Yawn
    - Ice Beam / Roar / Foresight / Hidden Power Grass / Toxic / Yawn

Evs are tailored to beat certain threats, 20 speed outpaces ALL Rhyperior sets and the sp.def lets you take hits from Blaziken and Houndoom well. Rapid Spin is a standard fare and second slot is for STAB. Hydro Pump 2hko's Max hp Spiritomb who may come in to block spin. Last 2 slots are up to you Ice Beam lets you counter Altaria well and hits grass type switch ins. Roar lets you PHaze things and works well with Spikes/SR. Foresight lets you Rapid Spin on ghosts so is guaranteed Spikes/SR removal. Hidden Power Grass lets you pose an immediate threat to Omastar and Kabutops and also hits Azumarril and Toxic and Yawn are just cool for status.

or

Blastoise@Leftovers
    252 HP / 176 DEF / 20 SPEED / 62 S.Def
    Bold Nature
    - Rapid Spin / Roar / Toxic / Hidden Power Grass
    - Surf / Hydro Pump
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk

Read above descriptions. Same really except this lasts longer being able to heal and also takes status better.

Also Honchkrow outclasses Pidgeot in the special attacking bird department, so use him.

Honchkrow@Choice Specs
    252 sp.att / 252 speed / 6 att
    Mild Nature
    - SuperPower
    - Dark Pulse
    - Hidden Power [Flying]
    - Heat Wave

OR

Honchkrow@Life Orb
    252 sp.att / 252 speed / 6 att
    Mild Nature
    - SuperPower
    - Dark Pulse
    - Nasty Plot
    - Heat Wave

Basically optimal coverage + SuperPower for Chansey/Blissey/Tar/Heatran etc.

As for physical Shaymin....meh. Venusaur/ Sceptile /Leafeon heck even Celebi do this much better so use one of those. Set will be given upon request. Quirky is an ass nature btw, meaning dont use it.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    (With Life Orb)
    1149 Atk vs 295 Def & 394 HP (65 Base Power): 236 - 278 (59.90% - 70.56%)

(Without Life Orb)
    1149 Atk vs 295 Def & 394 HP (65 Base Power): 181 - 214 (45.94% - 54.31%)

Back