• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Jukain-Arashi

PM me for Lockerz invitation.
    Years
    My Gyarados currently knows Waterfall, Ice Fang, Stone Edge, and Dragon Dance. I use him as my main dragon counter. I can always switch into Mamoswine and use a STAB EQ

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    why Stone Edge when theres Ice Fang =/ ? Put Earthquake on top of Stone Edge .....

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2024
    why Stone Edge when theres Ice Fang =/ ? Put Earthquake on top of Stone Edge .....

Stone Edge hits other Gyarados, Zapdos etc

Also EQ OHKO's Metagross and Jirachi etc.

Also Gyarados is NOT a dragon counter without max hp/max def @ impish with Avalanche and rest talk to heal.

gee2k8

Slicker than your average
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 24, 2013
    I am currently building a team that so far has the following pokemon in it:

Scizor @ Leftovers
    Nature : Adamant
    Ability : Technician
    EVs : 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe
    -Swords Dance
    -Bullet Punch
    -Brick Break
    -X-scissor

Gliscor
    Leftovers Sand Veil Impish
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Roost
    ~ Stealth Rock / Knock Off
    ~ Stone Edge / Aerial Ace

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
    Nature : Naive
    Ability : Blaze
    EVs : 64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
    -Close Combat
    -Flamethrower
    -Grass Knot
    -ThunderPunch

Tyranitar
    Choice Band Adamant
    ~ Stone Edge
    ~ Crunch
    ~ Pursuit
    ~ Aqua Tail / Earthquake

I am after two other pokemon that would do well in this team yet i have already decided a sand storm team is not my main intention. I play aggressively on the whole so blissey is out of the question. Any ideas? so far i have thought maybe a vaporeon electivire combo will work well.

rndm.

Mostly inactive D:
    Years
    ^All I can say is put Bug Bite over X-Scissor on Scizor. It hits harder because of Technician, and you get the ability to steal a Berry.

gee2k8

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 24, 2013
    ^All I can say is put Bug Bite over X-Scissor on Scizor. It hits harder because of Technician, and you get the ability to steal a Berry.

Unfortunatly i don't have heart gold yet so x-scissor is my best available

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Use Stone Edge > Thunderpunch on ScarfNape. Hits Gyarados and Salamence.

gee2k8

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 24, 2013
    Further to my previous poste. I have just breed a naive infernape with nice ivs. i want to try this moveset:

Infernape @ Life Orb
    Ability: Blaze
    EVs: 64 Atk/192 Spd/252 SAtk
    Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - U-Turn
    - Fire Blast
    - Close Combat
    - Grass Knot

Is this a good lead for general scouting purposes? Infernape needs to be my lead for this team due to what i have breed so far and the fact that i am not up to re-breeding again.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Further to my previous poste. I have just breed a naive infernape with nice ivs. i want to try this moveset:

Infernape @ Life Orb
    Ability: Blaze
    Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - U-Turn
    - Fire Blast
    - Close Combat
    - Grass Knot

Is this a good lead for general scouting purposes? Infernape needs to be my lead for this team due to what i have breed so far and the fact that i am not up to re-breeding again.

Mixed Infernape isn't really suited for leading, but it is a good mid-game scout with U-turn. However, he can pull off a decent lead set:

Infernape @ Focus Sash
    Naive nature
    - Fake Out
    - Stealth Rock
    - Fire Blast
    - Close Combat / Encore

Fake Out ruins other Focus Sash users so you can set up Stealth Rock and hopefully KO with with on of your attacks :D

Years
    K, so heres what Pokemon I'm planning on getting within the month.

A Steel Killer Magnezone.

Here's a picture of the the outlook of the Steel Killer Magnezone:

I really wnat to make this Pokemon the main Pokekmon on my team, but I nee dmore than a Steel kilelr Magnezone. I need 5 more Pokemon.

But I want 5 Pokemo nthat can help support my Steel killer Magnezone.

Can someone suggest 5 pokemon and outlooks that woud work perfectly with Magnezone's outlook?

please and thanks

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    K, so heres what Pokemon I'm planning on getting within the month.

A Steel Killer Magnezone.

Here's a picture of the the outlook of the Steel Killer Magnezone:

I really wnat to make this Pokemon the main Pokekmon on my team, but I nee dmore than a Steel kilelr Magnezone. I need 5 more Pokemon.

But I want 5 Pokemo nthat can help support my Steel killer Magnezone.

Can someone suggest 5 pokemon and outlooks that woud work perfectly with Magnezone's outlook?

please and thanks
    Magnezone doesn't really need support, it supports Pokemon. Basically put some Pokemon on your team that cover it's weakness and also benefits from it trapping and killing Steel types. Some examples are Dragon Pokemon who love it when Steel types are gone so they can abuse their high powered STAB.

SalaZone is a example, Magnezone wipes out Skarmory, Bronzong and Scizor which lets him sweep much easier.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    Read the quote noob. >:[ It outruns the standard Metagross, which was what the original set was trying to.
    you FAIL lol. I didnt notice actually.

only Metagross ? what about SD Scizor ?( which invests more Speed than its other sets )

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
    I have come into the ownership of a Modest Raikou, HP fighting with a decent Special Attack IV (28). What can I do with him to make him most effective? I was thinking:

Raikou @ ?
    Modest
    252 SpAT/252 Spe/4HP
    -Shockwave
    -Shadow Ball
    -?
    -?

Thanks for any help! I'm a complete newbie at this x.x

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    Items : Leftovers for more bulk, Life Orb for more Power.

Thunderbolt > Shock Wave. Thunderbolt is really deadly and has better power than Shock wave does.

for the last two slots, use Hidden Power ( it will be Fighting since you mentioned its Hidden Power is Fighting ) and Calm Mind to boost up your Special attack and gives you more special bulk.

Back