• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
  • Fine...but I won't change T-tar or Tsunadra. Can't, took me waaay too long to EV train.

To find they're EV, here, I'll give you the links:

https://www.serebii.net/potw-dp/248.shtml Tyranitar

https://www.serebii.net/potw-dp/230.shtml Kingdra.

They're both Dragon Dancers.

Kingdra want 252 Atk / 252 Speed / 4 HP with that moveset, along with an Adamant Nature and a Lum Berry, so you don't get confused.

Tyranitar, with that moveset would want 252 Atk / 252 Speed / 4 HP and a Jolly Nature, so you can outrun base 110 speed Pokemon after a Dragon Dance. Tyranitar also wants a Life Orb.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • Kingdra want 252 Atk / 252 Speed / 4 HP with that moveset, along with an Adamant Nature and a Lum Berry, so you don't get confused.

Tyranitar, with that moveset would want 252 Atk / 252 Speed / 4 HP and a Jolly Nature, so you can outrun base 110 speed Pokemon after a Dragon Dance. Tyranitar also wants a Babiri Berry.

Fixed there. Babiri for Scizor who you can OHKO with Fire Punch, which you should use>>EQ.

Also if you don't want to train easiest way to fix the EVs is to use the cancellation Berries and vitamins.

BlackRay

The other trainer.
    Years
  • Metagross @ Life Orb
    Adamant Nature
    EVs: 252 Attack 252 Defense 6 HP
    Hammer Arm {USE: Just to deal with some stuff}
    EarthQuake {USE: Hits very hard on most stuff + Gets rid of FIRE types}
    BulletPunch {USE: Was reccomended}
    Meteor Mash {USE: Heard useful and may be hit}

Meh, Im pretty sure many will say this set and spread sucks. But I wouldnt care as much. I just thought of a set that may be useful/not. I thought it over aswell. Rate it?

Last edited:

Hatenko

Hiya!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    Metagross @ Life Orb
    Adamant Nature
    EVs: 252 Attack 252 Defense 6 HP
    Hammer Arm {USE: Just to deal with some stuff}
    Explosion

Meh, Im pretty sure many will say this set and spread sucks. But I wouldnt care as much. I just thought of a set that may be useful/not. I thought it over aswell. Rate it?

BP is a waste of a moveslot, meteor mash is good and useful enough.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Metagross @ Life Orb
    Adamant Nature
    EVs: 252 Attack 244 HP 12 Speed
    Hammer Arm {USE: Just to deal with some stuff} / ThunderPunch
    BulletPunch {USE: Was reccomended} / Explosion

Imo, ThunderPunch > Hammer Arm, since I find bulky Waters more threatening than Magnet Rise Magnezone and Skarmory. Explosion because it guarantees you a kill basically, unless the opponent has a Ghost-type. Also, Metagross is more bulky with EVs invested in HP, as that's its lower defensive stat. And it helps with specially based attacks so that is a plus. 12 Speed EVs to outrun enemy Metagross.

BP is a waste of a moveslot, meteor mash is good and useful enough.
    No it is not a completely wasted moveslot, it provides Metagross priority which helps with Azelf, Gengar, etc (frail sweepers).

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
  • i need help, i have this 2 pkmn and started to form a team:

Mild nature
    Ev: 252 Atk, 252 Sp. Atk, 6 Spd
    moves:
    Flamethrower (only want to keep this)
    Slash
    Fire Fang
    Wing Attack

Mild nature
    Ev: 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Spd, 6 Atk
    moves
    Bite
    SkullBash
    Surf (probably keep this)
    Aqua Tail (99 % sure of change it for Ice beam/Blizzard

Any help???

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • Use this set for Charizard:
    @ Life Orb
    Nature: Mild
    Ability: Blaze
    EV's: 60 Atk/252 Sp.Atk/196 Speed
    Moveset:
    ~ Fire Blast
    ~ Hidden Power Electric/Hidden Power Grass
    ~ Brick Break
    ~ Roost

and use this for Blastoise:
    @ Leftovers
    Nature: Bold
    Ability: Torrent
    EV's: 252HP/252Def/4Sp.Atk
    Moveset:
    ~ Surf
    ~ Rapid Spin
    ~ Toxic/Yawn
    ~ Ice Beam/Protect

or this:
    @ Leftovers
    Moveset:
    ~ Surf
    ~ Rest
    ~ Sleep Talk
    ~ Ice Beam/Toxic/Rapid Spin

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
  • Use this set for Charizard:
    @ Life Orb
    Nature: Mild
    Ability: Blaze
    EV's: 60 Atk/252 Sp.Atk/196 Speed
    Moveset:
    ~ Fire Blast
    ~ Hidden Power Electric/Hidden Power Grass
    ~ Brick Break
    ~ Roost

and use this for Blastoise:
    @ Leftovers
    Moveset:
    ~ Surf
    ~ Rapid Spin
    ~ Toxic/Yawn
    ~ Ice Beam/Protect

or this:
    @ Leftovers
    Moveset:
    ~ Surf
    ~ Rest
    ~ Sleep Talk
    ~ Ice Beam/Toxic/Rapid Spin

i want to my blastoise have a great Sp. Atk that's the reason to EV train him into Sp. Atk, i'm wrong, actually i'm really new with the concept of EV training. The Charizard look great, i only want to change Fire Blast for Flamethrower, i like it a lot XD

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Milotic outclasses Blastoise completely as a bulky special sweeper, so focus on Blastoise's defenses.

BlackRay

The other trainer.
    Years
  • Need a good set for an Adamant/INSERTNATUREHERE Swampert. The role is Physical Sweeper/Mixed Sweeper. Please suggest a nature and set for these roles. I thought of a spread like: 252 Attack,252 SP.Attack, 6 Defense. For a mixed but im sure thats completely negative on your hands?

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Need a good set for an Adamant/INSERTNATUREHERE Swampert. The role is Physical Sweeper/Mixed Sweeper. Please suggest a nature and set for these roles. I thought of a spread like: 252 Attack,252 SP.Attack, 6 Defense. For a mixed but im sure thats completely negative on your hands?
    Swampert @ Choice Band
    EVs: 136 HP / 204 Atk / 68 Def / 100 Speed
    Nature: Adamant
    - Waterfall
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Ice Punch

Moveset provides the best coverage available, EVs allow Swampert to never get 2HKOed by CB Tyranitar's Stone Edge, nor 3HKOed by Heatran's Fire Blast, as well outrunning most Metagross, Skarmory, Tyranitar, etc.

As for a mixed set, just use the standard Swampert set, except maybe take away some EVs from Defense and add to Attack and Special Attack and run Earthquake / Ice Beam / Surf or Hydro Pump / Stone Edge possibly. Though you might want paralysis support or something to help Swampert sweep.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2017
    I've got 2 Pokemon I need to ask that cooperate very well together. It's Arcanine and Meganium. I saw one video with both of those Pokemon and they beat a Gravity Dusknoir and a Dragon Rush Dragonite when they are at full health. It's not the perfect team out of the world but it's still good. I am thinking these are the best movesets for both Meganium and Arcanine.

Meganium
    Nature: Timid
    EV's: 156 HP/92 SpAtk/252 Spe
    Held Item: Leftovers
    Solarbeam
    AncientPower/Hidden Power Ice
    Sunny Day
    Synthesis

Meganium is the Pokemon to set up Sunny Day to support Arcanine. It's the defensive type of the team. The reason why I chose Timid because it needs to be faster than Arcanine to set up Sunny Day. If it's slower than Arcanine won't do alot of damage if Sunny Day isn't up.

There are two options in the second slot. AncientPower and Hidden Power Ice is recommended for Flying and Dragon types. AncientPower is a Rock type move to hit opposing Pokemon that have Flash Fire and Hidden Power Ice is used for Dragon types like Salamence and Flygon which gives Arcanine a hard time.

Solarbeam is a devastating move when Sunny Day's up. It won't charge for a turn and can attack freely.

Finally, Synthesis is for restoring more HP when it's taking damage. When Sunny Day's up, it can restore 75% of it's HP.

Arcanine
    Nature: Adamant
    EV's: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    Ability: Intimidate
    Held Item: Life Orb
    Flare Blitz
    ExtremeSpeed
    Morning Sun
    Protect/Will-O-Wisp

Arcanine is reliable as a partner with Meganium. This Pokemon is for offense. When Sunny Day's active. Arcanine would cause a big dent to the opposing team.

Flare Blitz is the main move for Arcanine. Flare Blitz with a combination of Sunny Day and Life Orb is very dangerous. The downfall is Arcanine takes recoil depending on the damage to the opponent.

ExtremeSpeed is a first striking move that really useful to Pokemon that resists Flare Blitz or outspeeds Meganium or Arcanine. It also does a good amount of damage too.

Due to HG/SS changes to the movesets. Morning Sun is now a handy move on Arcanine. It has the same effect as Synthesis and can restore up to 75% of it's HP when Sunny Day's up.

Another two options on the last moveslot. Protect is used for prediction and Will-O-Wisp is used to wear down physical sweepers and stallers.

The main threat of this team is Heatran. Only Heatran, A Fire and Steel type Pokemon that will demolish this team all by itself. Worst thing is I don't have a counter for the Pokemon.

So, what do you think? Are Meganium and Arcanine good partners together? Please reply. Thank you.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • Timid Meganium still doesn't outspeed Adamant Arcanine. Also, what are your other 4 pokemon?

Code:
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Meganium[/FONT]
    [B][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Base Min- Min Max Max+[/FONT][/B]
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]80    176   196  259  [U]284[/U]

Arcanine
    [B]Base Min- Min Max Max+[/B]
    95    203   226 [U]289[/U]  317

The underlined speeds are what your Pokemon's speeds will be. (assuming max IVs)

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2012
    Best Moveset for Miltank (:

At the moment it knows , stomp
    milk drink
    zen headbutt
    rollout

what do you think i should keep / replace / get rid off ? (:

thank youu <3

Muffin™

Knows your age
    Years
  • Hi, I was wondering if this is a good moveset for my Charizard on FR (In-Game):

BTW, It's a Special Attacker.

Charizard
    Rash Nature
    255 Sp. Atk 255 Speed EV's

Flamethrower
    Heat Wave
    Blast Burn
    Fire Blast

...Any suggestions or comments? :X

Bumping this one for a reason...

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • @ Septile:
    Even though Charizard has the Blaze ability which boosts its fire attacks when it's below 33%, that doesn't mean that the only moves it should be using are fire-type attacks. The essence of having four moveslots is to obtain coverage against the types you can't damage with your STABs. (Same Type Attack Bonus, meaning that for instance a fire-type recieves a 50% boost while using a fire-type move) I mean, that Charizard is walled completely by a Flareon, and you don't really want that to happen, do you?
    Now, considering what types fire don't hit for good damage (Dragon, Fire, Water, and Rock), we'll need to find moves that cover these types. Since Rock and Water are the most immediate threats to a Fire type, however (they can hit back with their STABs for super-effective damage), we'll need an attack that can hit them back for super-effective damage as well. Water and Rock types share a weakness in Grass, so a grass-type move would benefit Charizard greatly in that regard. With two moves left, you can then consider running a secondary STAB with Flying in order to at least hit the other Fire and Dragon pokemon for neutral damage, thus leaving room for a fourth stat-up or healing move, or you could decide to go all out and slap in a fighting-type attack to demolish the fat egg called Blissey/Chansey.
    It should also be noted that it learns Dragon Pulse, which provides pretty much unresisted coverage together with a fire type attack, and it learns Thunderpunch and EQ as well, which may help deal with many of it's opponents.
    Possible sets would then look like this:

EV's: 252 Special Attack| 60 Attack | 196 Speed
    Rash or Mild nature
    @ Life Orb
    Fire Blast
    Air Slash/Focus Blast/Focus Punch/Brick Break
    Hidden Power [Grass]
    Roost
    EV's are just to buff up Sp.A as much as possible, and to give the OHKO on Chansey with a Focus Punch. Of course, if you decide to use Air Slash instead of Focus Punch or Brick Break, just toss the Attack EV's over in Speed in order to outspeed more stuff.

EV's: 252 Special Attack| 252 Speed | 4 Defence
    Modest or Timid nature
    @ Peteya Berry
    Fire Blast/Flamethrower
    Solarbeam
    Sunny Day
    Substitute
    Made to abuse an extremely powerful Blaze Sunny Day +1 Fire Blast, simply use Sunny Day, kill waters and rocks with Solarbeam, and when you are down to around 30% fire off Fire Blasts like no tomorrow to kill everything.

EV's: 252 Attack| 144 HP | 112 Speed
    Adamant Nature
    @ Life Orb
    Dragon Dance/Swords Dance
    Flare Blitz/Fire Punch
    Earthquake
    Roost
    This set focuses on Charizard's lesser Attack stat, but the stat it has a way of boosting by using Swords Dance or Dragon Dance. Since you have no way of hitting water types super effectively with this set, you might choose to use Thunderpunch instead of EQ, however, that will leave you with a rather noticeably less powerful coverage attack.

More info on Charizard can be found at this site:
    https://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/charizard

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010
    im trying to train a gallade but i have two obstacles in my way

1: i had no idea that Will O Wisp was a move the ralts could learn through breeding. So now i can't decide whether to keep either Confuse Ray or Will O Wisp
    2: What evs should i give him?

Back