• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • I'm kinda new to the whole EV Training and Competitive Online Battling thing, so pardon me if I seem like I have no idea what I'm doing, lol.

Lucario is one of my favorite Pokemon and from what I've researched is pretty versatile in battle, anyone know of team ideas I can build around a Lucario with this moveset?

Lucario @Life Orb
    Adamant
    252 Attack / 4 Defense / 252 Speed
    - Swords Dance
    - Close Combat
    - ExtremeSpeed
    - Ice Punch

Feel free to make any changes to this moveset if you feel it can be improved. :)

I would drop Ice Punch for Crunch.

You basically need stuff to check and/or take out its obvious counters, it benefits from Spikes and Toxic Spikes/Burn/Toxic spreading to slowly wear down bulky water types. I recommend (reccomend?) using a Magnezone to take out steel types that slow it down. Thats all I know off the top of my head, I really don't use Lucario alot so someone else can come along and elaborate on my points and correct them for being wrong.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • Which is the best out of these two?

Relicanth@Life Orb
    Jolly
    Rock Head
    4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Rock Polish
    Head Smash
    Waterfall
    Earth Quake

VS.

Aggron@Life Orb
    Jolly
    Rock Head
    252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Rock Polish
    Head Smash
    Aqua Tail
    Low Kick

I already have a water type btw.

---------------------------------

Thanks.
    I'd suggest using Aggron over Relicanth, since Aggron has a base attack of 110 while Relicanth has a base attack of 90.

Fire Wolf

Years
  • Jolly and Adamant would be your best choices, though it's up to you to decide one of them. If you want your Feraligatr to have more speed, then go with Jolly, and if you want your Feraligatr to have more power, then Adamant is your best choice.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    I'd say Adamant on Gatr if you're running Aqua Jet. A usual rule of thumb is to use to +Speed nature over the +Atk/SAtk nature unless you have a priority move, are Choice Scarfed, or have moves that increase your Speed. Of course there are exceptions so check Smogon frequently.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
  • Thaks Fire Wolf, I'll go with that :)

For the Feraligatr, I'd say use Adament/Aqua Jet/Swords Dance if you're using it in OU and Jolly/Water Fall/Dragon Dance if it's for UU.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
  • So I've finally switched my competitive team from Pearl to Platinum. I flew to Solaceon with my newly hatched 'mon ready to HP EV train it with the Bidoof girl, but shock! She now has a Ponyta! Where can I go in Platinum to train HP EVs, and the rest?
    Thanks.

Fire Wolf

Years
  • Here you go:
    Pokemon: Bidoof (1 EV)

Pokemon: Shellos (1 EV), Bidoof (1 EV), Gastrodon (2 EVs)
    Levels: 9-12

Pokemon: Shellos (1), Quagsire (2), Gastrodon* (2), Grimer* (1)

Pokemon: Marill (2), Lickitung (2)

Pokemon: Azumarill (3), Dewgong (2), Lapras* (2)
    * means they are found through surfing.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2017
    I am looking for a good moveset for a Calm Cradily. Not a Careful Cradily but a Calm Cradily. I thought this moveset would suit fine for it.

Nature: Calm
    EV's: 252 HP/86 Def/166 Sp. Def
    Held Item: Leftovers
    Earth Power
    Toxic
    Recover
    Stockpile

This Cradily acts like a wall and can take hits alot. It's even better when it's in a Sandstorm team.

Weird move on the first movepool, Earth Power. Toxic can't get through Steel and Poison types. However, Earth Power on the other hand can. Not alot of power, but at least it's for Pokemon that are immune to Toxic. (Except Snorlax)

Toxic is the main move for a stalling Cradily. It afflicts poison on the opponent and wears them down turn by turn. The damage will increase once every turn.

Recover is recommended to keep Cradily rolling. Besides, you can't have a Cradily with a recovery move.

Cradily can make itself bulkier to take even more hard hits with Stockpile. It raises both Def and Sp. Def 3 times.

The bad thing is about Cradily. One Taunt or 1 Toxic ON Cradily and it'll be lights out for sure.

So, sorry if it's bad. But what do you think of this moveset on a Calm Cradily. Please reply, thank you.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • I am looking for a good moveset for a Calm Cradily. Not a Careful Cradily but a Calm Cradily. I thought this moveset would suit fine for it.

Earth Power
    Toxic
    Recover
    Stockpile

This Cradily acts like a wall and can take hits alot. It's even better when it's in a Sandstorm team.

Weird move on the first movepool, Earth Power. Toxic can't get through Steel and Poison types. However, Earth Power on the other hand can. Not alot of power, but at least it's for Pokemon that are immune to Toxic. (Except Snorlax)

Toxic is the main move for a stalling Cradily. It afflicts poison on the opponent and wears them down turn by turn. The damage will increase once every turn.

Recover is recommended to keep Cradily rolling. Besides, you can't have a Cradily with a recovery move.

Cradily can make itself bulkier to take even more hard hits with Stockpile. It raises both Def and Sp. Def 3 times.

The bad thing is about Cradily. One Taunt or 1 Toxic ON Cradily and it'll be lights out for sure.

So, sorry if it's bad. But what do you think of this moveset on a Calm Cradily. Please reply, thank you.

It has no STAB which is bad. Put Energy Ball >> Earth Power for a STAB move, and so it doesn't get laughed by Levitate or Flying-type pokemon. Calm Nature is really bad on it. because it has nothing to really boost its mediocre Special Attack. Also, you could try dropping Recover for Rest because it makes sure you don't get destroyed by status.

Fire Wolf

Years
  • If he puts Energy Ball, then Cradily would be badly walled by Steel and Poison-types, who can't even be Toxiced. Levitators or Flyers can atleast be Toxiced and Recover and Stockpile will add on to the damage of Toxic. Earth Power is just to hit Poison and Steel types. Also:
    I am looking for a good moveset for a Calm Cradily. Not a Careful Cradily but a Calm Cradily. I thought this moveset would suit fine for it.

Earth Power
    Toxic
    Recover
    Stockpile

Lern 2 read comments lol.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • You could check out this thread which contains the statistics for January. I doubt the ones for February are up as of yet.
    However, I'm too kind, and thus I'm going to list up the top ten anyway.

UU top 10 leads based on usage in January 2010:
    #1 Froslass
    #2 Uxie
    #3 Ambipom
    #4 Moltres
    #5 Alakazam
    #6 Electrode
    #7 Omastar
    #8 Hippopotas
    #9 Rhyperior
    #10 Cloyster

Edit: BL isn't a "tier" such as UU or OU, it simply consists of pokemon that are deemed too powerful for UU in general, yet don't have the power to remain OU at a consistent basis, I think.

Back