• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

devilicious

dream
Years
  • It's still a decent Pursuit user, but yeah. Although with Scizor removed from play, it can be quite a threat.

Buuut I'm like a Weavile fan so my opinion is not worth.

Years
  • How do I get Nasty Plot and Trick Room on Porygon-Z? Bulbapedia says both are "start" moves; however, since I can't breed this pokemon, and the Porygon I initially started with (the "gift" one in Platinum), I have no clue how to get the moves. :embarrass

Years
  • Try the Move Relearner in Pastoria.

Yep, that worked, thanks! ;)

---

Okay, I have another question. I want to chain breed a Cleffa so it learns Wish, and I have no clue what I'm doing. Do I just breed a Togekiss that knows Wish with a Clefable? :\

devilicious

dream
    Years
  • Yes, that would work- as long as the Togekiss is male and the Clefable is female. Remember, the moves come from the male, while the species is defined by the female.

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
  • It's still a decent Pursuit user, but yeah. Although with Scizor removed from play, it can be quite a threat.

Buuut I'm like a Weavile fan so my opinion is not worth.
    It's a great Pursuiter, and if Scizor was gone Weavile (also Heracross) could shine. I like both but Scizor outclasses them. Weavile is a decent option in Ubers though, as it can counter SD Rayquaza, and DD Rayquaza without ExtremeSpeed. Can also hit Ubers in their weaker defenses.

Years
  • Okay, three EV training questions from a noob so I don't mess this crap up:

1. Vitamins. If I'm going 252 Attack and 252 HP, can I give the pokemon 10 vitamins for each stat, or 10 total? I'm thinking 10 total.

2. This is probably a dumb question, but my all six of the guys I'm going to train are at Lv. 1. Therefore, I'm supposed to send them out first in a battle (holding a power item), then switch to something that can kill the Machop (or whatever I'm fighting), correct?

3. After I'm given the ribbon saying my guys are EV trained, I can level them to 100 by fighting the elite four a million times, right?

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • 1. 10 for each stat. You can boost yourself up to 100 in Attack and 100 in HP so you only have to kill 152 Pokémon for each stat.

2. You can do that, or you can just let them piggyback with an Exp. Share for the first few levels. As long as the Pokémon gains experience, they gain EVs. With the Exp. Share you won't get the multipliers of Power items, though, even if your lead Pokémon is holding one.

3. Yep, once you have 510 EVs they don't go anywhere, and killing random mobs won't affect what they have.

Years
  • 2. You can do that, or you can just let them piggyback with an Exp. Share for the first few levels. As long as the Pokémon gains experience, they gain EVs. With the Exp. Share you won't get the multipliers of Power items, though, even if your lead Pokémon is holding one.

But if I do it the put out/withdraw way they will get the power item multipliers?

Years
  • Okay, yet another EV question. I've put 252 HP and 252 Attack into my pokemon, and the EV spread I'm looking off of is saying to put 4 into the final stat. However, that doesn't equal 510.

Shouldn't I be putting 6 into that final stat? Or will they still give me the ribbon for my EV's being maxed?

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • Well, since every 4 EVs is going to give you +1 to a stat at level 100, the spreads are all divisible by 4. The closest number to 510 that's divisible by 4 is 508 = (252x2)+4. You can put six in the last stat if you want to, but getting the last two EVs won't screw you up since it won't add anything to an extra stat (ie you can kill a Gyarados on your special sweeper without ruining everything).

Years
  • Well, since every 4 EVs is going to give you +1 to a stat at level 100, the spreads are all divisible by 4. The closest number to 510 that's divisible by 4 is 508 = (252x2)+4. You can put six in the last stat if you want to, but getting the last two EVs won't screw you up since it won't add anything to an extra stat (ie you can kill a Gyarados on your special sweeper without ruining everything).

Okay, thanks. My knowledge of EV training is pretty limited, but I think I have the hang of it now. I would have shot myself if they didn't give me the effort ribbon. :nervous:

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I've got a breeding question here. I foolishly used my Sludge Bomb TM on a female Gengar awhile back. I don't have the patience to go through the battle Tower until I have the right amount of BP to get another TM36. Is there any possible way to chain breed Sludge Bomb from one of the pokemon that learn it naturally (Koffing, Grimer, Gulpin, or Croagunk) onto a Tentacool?

I've plotted several different paths, but there's always one pokemon in the middle that's not compatible. XD

Back