• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    Yeah, I agree. Honestly, I am not too sure about Vigoroth. Tauros is stronger, bulkier, faster, and has Intimidate. It does lack Bulk Up, but Vigoroth doesn't really have the defenses to capitalise well on Bulk Up. It's just a really slow set up for it. :/ That set is walled by way too much stuff, as ab said.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    I have a question about EV training.
    You know how on the Smogon Pokemon Strategy Guide pages, where it tells you what the EV spread should be? When it says, for example, 4spd, does that mean I need to defeat 4 Zubats, or does that mean I need to defeat enough Zubats to gain 4 points in speed each level up?

shot571

Enough zubats to get the 4 points.Although i got a bit confused by how you worder the question so I might be wrong.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    you know what that can't be right, because then I would be gaining like 200 something attack each turn lol. Still though, I might need to beat 4 Zubats per level up. Wait that can't be right either, cuz then I'd have to beat like 200 something zubats per level up lol. yeah I think I just answerd my own question.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    I have a question about EV training.
    You know how on the Smogon Pokemon Strategy Guide pages, where it tells you what the EV spread should be? When it says, for example, 4spd, does that mean I need to defeat 4 Zubats, or does that mean I need to defeat enough Zubats to gain 4 points in speed each level up?

It means you need 4 EVs, that's all. I don't know how many EVs Zubat yield, but if they yield 1, it means you need to beat 4 Zubat. It's a one-time deal. Honestly, from the wording of the question, I'm gonna guess you don't understand EV training too well. (Sorry if I'm incorrect; I just want to help you.) PC has an EV Guide, which you might find beneficial to read. Good luck with training and battling! ^_^

RockHardSemi

Lv 53
    Years
    I was going to ask the same as iCrash, so thank you Kylie-Chan.

However an additional question...

I plan to use a Cranidos as my test subject, I've decided a Lonely nature is best suited for it (I think) and plan to give it (from Lvl. 1):

10 Proteins
    2 HP Ups
    2 Calciums
    1 Iron

Would you say this is a good idea? Also, would that mean there'd be no point in raising its Attack stat on the Pokemon that gives it extra Attack EV as well as no point in using the Power Bracer to gain extra Attack?

Elite Champion

The Old Pokemon Days <3
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2012
    say i had a really fast pokemon? and i set up SR and thn roared? could i keep roaring and doing damage??? i coudnt find this anywere???

Years
    Since the Crown Entei came out Entei can be utilized more of a physical sweeper due to Flare Blitz, but I'm still stuck on a moveset for him. I was thinking something like:

Entei @ Life Orb/???
    Adamant
    252 Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
    -Flare Blitz
    -Extremespeed
    -Substitute
    -Stone Edge / (possibly Iron Head?)

Just wondering, thoughts and opinions!

Years
    I presume this is UU or Nu so i'll analysis both.

UU:
    With this set you'll almost always want to be running jolly to out speed +speed Moltres, Arcanine, Houndoom, Jynx and Drapion.

The EV's you have so far are fine but move wise you'll want to be running Flare blitz, Stone Edge, Extremespeed and Substitute. You'll want to be running Stone edge so that your not completely outclassed by Arcanine as it allows you to beat Moltres. Iron head is not needed as it doesn't add anything to the set so sub is superior.

NU-
    Same nature and same Evs to Beat +Speed Jynx and other Base 90's/95's such as Primape. You will also be running the same move set as it provides the best possible coverage Entei can have.

On both sets you can either run Expert belt ,for added survivability, or Life orb For more power. Leftovers is also viable but not recommended.

Another option in NU is running a Scarfed set to beat other base 100 Fire types who otherwise speed tie with you. In which case you would run Adamant and Return over Extremespeed.

The addition also improves the viability of a mixed Entei though I won't go into that as you asked for a physical one.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    Crown Entei has a set nature of Adamant, so it can't exactly run Jolly.

I would probably go with this set.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

Entei @ Life Orb/Choice Band
    Trait: Pressure
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
    - Flare Blitz
    - Extremespeed
    - Stone Edge
    - Howl/Iron Head

This is probably your best bet with using Crown Entei. Howl is for the mediocre boosting move which could boost Extremespeed, or Iron Head if you're having trouble with Rock types.

Years
    Oh sorry, I misread, I thought it was for shoddy battle. Your defiantly not going to be wanting to run iron head so if your going to use a move use HP grass as a mixed set to additionally help in taking down Rhyperior and bulky waters but Arcanine would be better off using that with its higher special attacking stat. You defiantly don't want howl because its boosts are rubbish and with Entei's very average defenses your going to be better off using Arcanine for it as it gets intimidate. So in the last slot use sub. Don't use choice band as it makes you a bad Arcanine who has access to Thunder Fang.

Years
    Oh sorry, I misread, I thought it was for shoddy battle. Your defiantly not going to be wanting to run iron head so if your going to use a move use HP grass as a mixed set to additionally help in taking down Rhyperior and bulky waters but Arcanine would be better off using that with its higher special attacking stat. You defiantly don't want howl because its boosts are rubbish and with Entei's very average defenses your going to be better off using Arcanine for it as it gets intimidate. So in the last slot use sub. Don't use choice band as it makes you a bad Arcanine who has access to Thunder Fang.

Running a mixed set with a -Sp. Attack nature? I wouldn't care much about HP Grass because getting a Crown Entei with a powerful enough HP Grass wouldn't be very easy...

Years
    I'm not saying its the best option, sub is by a mile. But its a better alternative to Iron head to beat Rhyperior and low health bulky waters and despite it not being very easy to get its a usable option.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Since the Crown Entei came out Entei can be utilized more of a physical sweeper due to Flare Blitz, but I'm still stuck on a moveset for him. I was thinking something like:

Entei @ Life Orb/???
    Adamant
    252 Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
    -Flare Blitz
    -Extremespeed
    -Substitute
    -Stone Edge / (possibly Iron Head?)

Just wondering, thoughts and opinions!

Sub Life Orb movesets with no recovery are horrible, SR + Sub + LO recoil make you die in like 2 turns lol. :/ Use Howl seriously. Though there is no point in using it over Arcanine in UU though tbh.

Oh and btw if you want to beat Rhyperior with either pass them a Swords Dance boost (easy to do since Leafeon is broken) and they both 2HKO standard Rhyperior with +2 LO Flare Blitz with SR up/one layer of Spikes.

Years
    How bad is a Hasty (+S, -D) nature for a what I intend to be scarf Heatran? :'(

Timid would be desirable, and Smogon even advocates a Naive (+S, -SD), but catching this thing was a pain, and the first three times the natures were awful (Serious, Impish, Relaxed). Haven't saved yet, but I'm leaning towards keeping this thing at Hasty.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2010
    How does my Medicham stand as a physical sweeper?

Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -Sp.Atk)
    Moveset: Brick Break, Psycho Cut, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch

I'm not positive on the EVs, but I know attack is maxed out.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    Ok, I asked this question earlier, but it wasn't very clear, and I'm not too sure if the answer was right or not. It's about EV training. Hopefully this will be worded more clearly.
    Say on Smogon it says I need 252 spe EVs. Do I need to get 252 spe EVs EVERY LEVEL or just one level.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ok, I asked this question earlier, but it wasn't very clear, and I'm not too sure if the answer was right or not. It's about EV training. Hopefully this will be worded more clearly.
    Say on Smogon it says I need 252 spe EVs. Do I need to get 252 spe EVs EVERY LEVEL or just one level.

EVs don't suddenly disappear when you level up (it would suck if they did).
    As soon as you get 252 EVs in any stat, those EVs will stay all the way.

How does my Medicham stand as a physical sweeper?

Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -Sp.Atk)
    Moveset: Brick Break, Psycho Cut, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch

I'm not positive on the EVs, but I know attack is maxed out.

It's fine. What's the item?
    Also 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spd is the preferred EV spread.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Back