• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    I'd Like to request a Moveset/ev spread for an Amoonguss.

I'd really appreciate it. :)

@ Leftovers
    252 HP / 192 Def / 56 Sp.Def / 8 Speed
    Calm Nature
    Trait : Regeneration (DW only otherwise use Effect Spore)
    - Spore
    - Giga Drain
    - Stun Spore
    - Clear Smog

I find this works best.

Evs maximize defenses and outspeeds min Slowbro, Reuniclus and Cofagrigus which can be useful to Clear Smog away their Calm Minds after Sporing them. Also can Clear Smog other slot stat uppers and anything non steel which is awesome. Stun Spore and Spore cripple near anything and Giga Drain is for STAB.

Skapocalypse

Im back! :3
    Years
    @ Leftovers
    252 HP / 192 Def / 56 Sp.Def / 8 Speed
    Calm Nature
    Trait : Regeneration (DW only otherwise use Effect Spore)
    - Spore
    - Giga Drain
    - Stun Spore
    - Clear Smog

I find this works best.

Evs maximize defenses and outspeeds min Slowbro, Reuniclus and Cofagrigus which can be useful to Clear Smog away their Calm Minds after Sporing them. Also can Clear Smog other slot stat uppers and anything non steel which is awesome. Stun Spore and Spore cripple near anything and Giga Drain is for STAB.

Thanks a lot! :)

Im also having trouble with Basculin. He's already pretty fast, so I really dont know where to start with his EV distribution....

Detox

Well you might as well run 252 Attack | 252 Speed | 4 HP if you really want to use him.

Years
    Yep, everything is added by then. Like I said earlier, level doesn't matter, just the number of EVs and where they're placed does. As for IVs, you'd have to IV breed them, or in the case of gen 3 and 4, RNG them. It takes a lot of patience to get the IVs you want onto your pokemon.

I want to start EV training my Samurott lv 41 - Can I still EV train it 252 in speed and 252 in attack? I say this, as since the start of the game he has fought various pokemon e.g. patrats, gym leader pokemon etc so I just wanted to make sure I could still max the EV stats I want. Also, how do I IV breed? What does RNG mean?
    Thanks a lot!
    Anis

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
    I want to start EV training my Samurott lv 41 - Can I still EV train it 252 in speed and 252 in attack? I say this, as since the start of the game he has fought various pokemon e.g. patrats, gym leader pokemon etc so I just wanted to make sure I could still max the EV stats I want. Also, how do I IV breed? What does RNG mean?
    Thanks a lot!
    Anis

You won't be able to maximize EVs on your Samurott due to the massive variety of pokemon found throughout a campaign through Unova. If you really have the time and desire to get that specific Samurott to end up with 252 Atk / 252 Spe, there are some berries that will remove 10 EVs of a specific stat each. However, chances are your Samurott already has maxed EVs, so this will be a massive undertaking and you'll probably be better off breeding a fresh Oshwott with the day care.

IV breeding is just breeding constantly and checking a pokemon's IVs with (usually) an action replay. The other method was to do an "IV Check Battle" as Wifi battles would scale your pokemon to level 100. This is no longer the case for B&W as they removed the level 100 possibility, and level 50 battles are less reliable (but probably your only method of checking other than AR). The way to check IVs with these battles was by entering stats into an IV calculator (one can be found on serebii.net).

RNG is Random Number Generation, described here. However this link is out of date and only works for DPPt I believe. It still explains what RNG is though.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2011
    Could You Guys Possibly reccomend Pokemon and Moves?
    Im Thinking About:

Lapras:
    -Thunder
    -Blizzard or (Ice Beam?)
    -Surf
    - IDK???

Tyranitar:
    -Earthquake
    -Thunder
    -Blizzard (or Ice Beam???)
    -Crunch or Dark Pulse

Garchomp:
    No Idea

Meta Gross:
    No Idea

Any Suggestions? Moves? Pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2011
    I'm looking at getting into wifi battilng, but I just need another persons opinion, on which game should I focus on for wifi battling. So, which one? Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2011
    3 man Team Rating please?

ok so heres how I plan to train my pokemon,
    Snorlax Admant attack 252 defense 252 health 6
    Moves:
    EarthQuake
    Return
    rest
    subsitute
    Item: Chesto berry.
    Elcectabuz Naughty nature attack 252 defense 252 health 6
    Moves:
    Earth Quake
    Thunder bolt
    cross shop
    thunder punch
    Life orb
    Starmie Timid 252 SPA 252 SP.D 6 health
    Moves:
    Surf
    Thunder bolt
    Psychic
    light screen
    Items light ball
    I also kind of wanted to make a six man team with these in it but I just can't decide, also what good Pokemon would fit into these teams?

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    I want to start up a rain dance team consisting of ONLY 5th gen pokemon. I had a nice mixed team of the 4th gen and drizzle toad as my open but sadly I'm being forced to go only 5th gen entirely.

I have no idea where to start. I'm not asking to have an entire team built for me, but I just don't know how to get my feet off the ground in doing so. I usually take other people's teams, tear them down, and swap in my own pokemon or movesets but the problem now is that I don't know the pokemon or even have teams to start messing with.

Last edited:
    Years
    You won't be able to maximize EVs on your Samurott due to the massive variety of pokemon found throughout a campaign through Unova. If you really have the time and desire to get that specific Samurott to end up with 252 Atk / 252 Spe, there are some berries that will remove 10 EVs of a specific stat each. However, chances are your Samurott already has maxed EVs, so this will be a massive undertaking and you'll probably be better off breeding a fresh Oshwott with the day care.

IV breeding is just breeding constantly and checking a pokemon's IVs with (usually) an action replay. The other method was to do an "IV Check Battle" as Wifi battles would scale your pokemon to level 100. This is no longer the case for B&W as they removed the level 100 possibility, and level 50 battles are less reliable (but probably your only method of checking other than AR). The way to check IVs with these battles was by entering stats into an IV calculator (one can be found on serebii.net).

RNG is Random Number Generation, described here. However this link is out of date and only works for DPPt I believe. It still explains what RNG is though.

I was told that EVs add up over time and that you don't have to fight a certain pokemon 252 times in a row e.g. zubat - how does this happen? Also, how do I make sure a certain nature is good for a certain stat for my pokemon? Thanks a lot :)

.Aero

Years
    EVs are awarded to a stat that the opponent pokemon corresponds to. For your Zubat example, I'm fairly certain he gives 1 EV point to speed. However, the issue that I'm telling you about is that Your Samurott has done so much battling (supposedly) while traveling through Unova, that it's probably reached the max amount of EVs it can take in, and thos 510 EVs that he has are probably a mess of all 6 of the stats. So you won't be able to get 252 in speed, as he's probably maxed out at the 510 EVs, where some of those points you want in Speed have now moved to, say, Defense or something.

As for natures, there are multiple ways to check. You can go to your pokemon's info in game, see what nature it is in the first page, and search it up on just about any pokemon information site. A new feature that was introduced in HG/SS however is that if you look at your pokemon's stats on the second page of their summary, the stat that is getting a bonus is red, while the stat that is hindered appears blue. This is useful if you're unfamiliar with what specific natures do. (i.e. Jolly raises speed, but hinders special attack, good for a physical sweeper).

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Hey guys. I am looking for a set for
    (Braviary), however, not sure what to do with it.
    Any recommendations?

Thanks for your help.​

Braviary @ Life Orb
    Jolly Nature
    252 Atk / 252 Spd / 6 Def
    Trait : Encourage
    - Hone Claws / Bulk Up
    - Crush Claw
    - SuperPower
    - Brave Bird / Rock Slide / Shadow Claw

Otherwise its pretty much an inferior Staraptor.

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    what role does an Adamant victini fit? I know that adamant increses Attack and decreases SP. Attack, so my first guess would be physical sweeper. it also says "hates to lose", so it gets an attack bonus.

as far as i've figured, the most damaging move it can learn that is physical and provides STAB bonus is Flare Blitz. However, I am not sure if it is worth the recoil damage.

so I really don't want to mess this one up... how should I build it? (haven't touched it yet, refuse to mess up the EV training on it as well :P)

marcc5m

what
    Years
    Emboar @Notsureyet
    212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spd
    Adamant
    Blaze
    - Stone Edge
    - Flame Charge
    - Bulk Up
    - Hammer Arm

Not too sure about what item, and the moveset I feel could somehow be better, any suggestions?

Years
    EVs are awarded to a stat that the opponent pokemon corresponds to. For your Zubat example, I'm fairly certain he gives 1 EV point to speed. However, the issue that I'm telling you about is that Your Samurott has done so much battling (supposedly) while traveling through Unova, that it's probably reached the max amount of EVs it can take in, and thos 510 EVs that he has are probably a mess of all 6 of the stats. So you won't be able to get 252 in speed, as he's probably maxed out at the 510 EVs, where some of those points you want in Speed have now moved to, say, Defense or something.

As for natures, there are multiple ways to check. You can go to your pokemon's info in game, see what nature it is in the first page, and search it up on just about any pokemon information site. A new feature that was introduced in HG/SS however is that if you look at your pokemon's stats on the second page of their summary, the stat that is getting a bonus is red, while the stat that is hindered appears blue. This is useful if you're unfamiliar with what specific natures do. (i.e. Jolly raises speed, but hinders special attack, good for a physical sweeper).

What I meant to say, is that I was told you don't have to fight 252 zubats in a row, so I just wanted to confirm that I will still be able to max the speed stat for a pokemon of mine e.g. Litwick, even if I battle other pokemon in between. Also, could you tell me what natures are good for what stats? I want to raise a Chandelure EV'd in Sp Atk & Spd, a Hydreigon EV'd in Sp Atk & Spd and A Haxorus in Atk & Spd - what natures should I raise them in? Also, I would appreciate if could you give me your opinion about the movesets and items I should put on these pokemon.

Thanks a lot,

Anis

.Aero

Years
    I'm not entirely sure what you mean still about the EV training. :x Sure, you don't have to fight 252 Zubat in a row, but you can't fight other pokemon unless they give you speed or another stat you want to EV in. Meaning, if you fight a pokemon that gives you a defense or something that you don't want, you'll be messing up your EVs unless you remove those defense EVs with one of those berries. Sorry if I'm not answering your question still, but I'm not entirely sure what you mean. Everything that you need to know about EV training was explained in my last post. Save some specific info like the fact that you have to manually count the EVs you invest as there's no way of checking ingame. However, I'll at least give you some sets for the pokemon you requested if this doesn't answer your question (sorry, I'm just not competent at explaining EV training. xD).

Chandelure@Life Orb
    Timid Nature [+Spe; -Atk]
    Ability: Flash Fire
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    - Fire Blast
    - Shadow Ball
    - Calm Mind
    - Hidden Power [Ground] / Substitute

Hydreigon@Choice Scarf
    Timid Nature [+Spe; -Atk]
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    - Draco Meteor
    - Fire Blast / Flamethrower
    - U-turn
    - Focus Blast

Haxorus@Life Orb
    Jolly Nature [+Spe; -SpA]
    Ability: Mold Breaker
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    - Dragon Dance
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Taunt / Dragon Tail

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2016
    what is a good moveset for Hydreigon

Hydreigon

1. nature: Timid
    2. Item: Choice scarf
    3. Moveset
    Dragon Pulse
    Dark Pulse
    Flamethrower
    ??? Draco Meteor???

pls help plus how do i get ferrothorn with spikes and stealth rocks

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
    Don't use both dragon pulse and draco meteor..Keep only 1..Apart from these..You can teach him U-Turn.It will be pretty useful on hydreigon

iirc,ferrothorn can learn spikes and stealth rock by breeding with a dwebble/Crustle.

Back