• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
  • Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

Hydreigon@Choice Scarf
    Timid Nature [+Spe; -Atk]
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    - Draco Meteor
    - Fire Blast / Flamethrower
    - U-turn
    - Focus Blast

Hydreigon

1. nature: Timid
    2. Item: Choice scarf
    3. Moveset
    Dragon Pulse
    Dark Pulse
    Flamethrower
    ??? Draco Meteor???

pls help plus how do i get ferrothorn with spikes and stealth rocks

I posted a set in the post above yours...

Years
  • I'm not entirely sure what you mean still about the EV training. :x Sure, you don't have to fight 252 Zubat in a row, but you can't fight other pokemon unless they give you speed or another stat you want to EV in. Meaning, if you fight a pokemon that gives you a defense or something that you don't want, you'll be messing up your EVs unless you remove those defense EVs with one of those berries. Sorry if I'm not answering your question still, but I'm not entirely sure what you mean. Everything that you need to know about EV training was explained in my last post. Save some specific info like the fact that you have to manually count the EVs you invest as there's no way of checking ingame. However, I'll at least give you some sets for the pokemon you requested if this doesn't answer your question (sorry, I'm just not competent at explaining EV training. xD).

Chandelure@Life Orb
    Ability: Flash Fire
    - Fire Blast
    - Shadow Ball
    - Calm Mind
    - Hidden Power [Ground] / Substitute

Hydreigon@Choice Scarf
    Ability: Levitate
    - Draco Meteor
    - Fire Blast / Flamethrower
    - U-turn
    - Focus Blast

Haxorus@Life Orb
    Jolly Nature [+Spe; -SpA]
    Ability: Mold Breaker
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    - Dragon Dance
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Taunt / Dragon Tail

No, you've explained it very well - the other person I asked didn't clarify what they meant about the fact that you can fight different pokemon in between EV training. I had a few other questions - can I EV train a pokemon from catching it straight from the wild or is it better to breed and start from lv 1? How can I get the natures/abilities/egg moves I want for a certain pokemon?

Thanks for all your help and advice,

Anis

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    EV HELP WITH MY GIGALITH

I am almost entirely sure I have invested my ev's in the correct stats but would be eternally grateful for some confirmation with my gigalith, who was ev trained primarily as a roggenrola and boldore.

Lvl. 42
    Nature: Adamant
    Characteristic: Proud of its power
    HP:129
    ATK:172
    DEF:115
    Sp. ATK: 50
    Sp. DEF: 67
    SPD: 63
    (EV's: 255 SPD, 255 ATK) *HOPEFULLY*

Thank you so much. Please do not send me links for stat calculators or EV, DV, IV (or any other two letter acronym) guides, and thank you again for helping !!!

Erufuun

apple bunny lover <3
    Years
  • I am almost entirely sure I have invested my ev's in the correct stats but would be eternally grateful for some confirmation with my gigalith, who was ev trained primarily as a roggenrola and boldore.

Lvl. 42
    Characteristic: Proud of its power
    HP:129
    ATK:172
    DEF:115
    Sp. ATK: 50
    Sp. DEF: 67
    SPD: 63
    (EV's: 255 SPD, 255 ATK) *HOPEFULLY*

Thank you so much. Please do not send me links for stat calculators or EV, DV, IV (or any other two letter acronym) guides, and thank you again for helping !!!

I'm sorry but speed is the last thing you want to invest in. It's base speed is abysmal, there is no reason to give it any attention in that stat.
    The best thing to do is invest heavily in Def, so he can be a Physical wall.

Do you need a moveset to go along side him??
    (Will go ahead and post one)

Gigalith
    Adamant natured
    252 Att / 252 Def / 4 HP
    Ability : Sturdy
    Item: Custap Berry
    - Stealth Rock
    - Stone Edge
    - Explosion
    - Earthquake

This moveset is still viable if he is already EV'd trained like you say. Just stealth rock first turn, and if Sturdy activates, Custap berry gives you priority so you can either explode or Stone Edge/Earthquake whatever stands in your way~

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    thank you for the opinion and i do understand what youre saying, but is there any way any of you could figure out my original questionwas; were all of these evs (maxed atk and spd) invested correctly in the okemon based on the information provided?

Thanks for your time and help either way i rly appreciate it

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Explosion sucks without max attack and adamant, especially this gen. Just go max att and hp @ Adamant.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
  • No, you've explained it very well - the other person I asked didn't clarify what they meant about the fact that you can fight different pokemon in between EV training. I had a few other questions - can I EV train a pokemon from catching it straight from the wild or is it better to breed and start from lv 1? How can I get the natures/abilities/egg moves I want for a certain pokemon?

Thanks for all your help and advice,

Anis

:] Glad I can help thus far.

You can EV train from whichever way you wish. I personally enjoy training from an egg (and as the pokemon is level 1 upon hatching, the only method of EV training I can think of before it can start doing battles itself is through medicines and EXP. Share).

Getting a good nature on your pokemon can be done in multiple ways. For one, a pokemon with they ability "Synchronize" can increase the chances of encountering a wild pokemon with the same nature as your Synchronize pokemon (or Sync for short). Say you have a Munna with Timid nature, if you search for wild pokemon with Munna as your leading pokemon, Timid nature pokemon will appear more frequently than they would normally. Or you could just keep trying to catch pokemon until you find the nature you want. Same goes for breeding. There's a method of increasing nature chances with an Everstone, but I forget which parent needs to hold it. I believe the female must have the desired nature and be holding an Everstone to increase the chances (don't quote me on that however).

Abilities are the same deal, minus the Sync and Everstone methods. Just keep trying until you get what you want.

Eggs moves are a bit different. Try searching a pokemon on Serebii, and then scrolling down to the section where it says "Egg Moves". Next to each move should be a "details" section which will tell you which parent the pokemon would need to be bred with to produce a baby with that egg move.

Dylan1

ALOT IS NOT A WORD!!!!
    Years
  • i've got a salamence with thunder fang, dragon claw, draco meteor, and fly. i wanna get rid of thunder fang and one of the dragon moves, but idk which. any suggestions on what i should do?

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    i've got a salamence with thunder fang, dragon claw, draco meteor, and fly. i wanna get rid of thunder fang and one of the dragon moves, but idk which. any suggestions on what i should do?

Fly is a bad move too, it leaves you vulnerable on the turn you use it and switch to a counter.

Try MixMence;

Salamence @ Life Orb
    4 Atk / 252 Sp.Att / 252 Speed
    Naive Nature
    - Draco Meteor
    - Fire Blast
    - Brick Break
    - Roost

Draco Meteor for STAB, Fire Blast for Steels whilst Brick Break takes out special walls, Heatran and Tyranitar. Flawless coverage also.

marcc5m

what
    Years
  • Emboar @Notsureyet
    212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spd
    Adamant
    Blaze
    - Stone Edge
    - Flame Charge
    - Bulk Up
    - Hammer Arm

Not too sure about what item, and the moveset I feel could somehow be better, any suggestions?

Is it all right if I bump this? Never got any replies about it.

Also:
    Ferrothorn @Leftovers
    Calm Nature
    Trait: Iron Barbs
    252 Def/ 196 Sp Def/ 60 Atk
    -Stealth Rock
    -Iron Head
    -Substitute
    -Leech Seed

Last edited:

Erufuun

apple bunny lover <3
    Years
  • Is it all right if I bump this? Never got any replies about it.

Also:
    Ferrothorn @Leftovers
    Calm Nature
    Trait: Iron Barbs
    252 Def/ 196 Sp Def/ 60 Atk
    -Stealth Rock
    -Iron Head
    -Substitute
    -Leech Seed

I think Emboar is not good enough for a slot on anyones team. D; He basically needs two turns of set up to get anywhere, and before that Gyarados can come in and set up a dragon dance and procede to OHKO with Aqua Tail or waterfall. And countless other threats, like the oh so common Garchomp.

I would go with sweeping Blaziken or Infernape, if you want that type coverage.

Blaziken
    Ability: Speed Boost
    Item: Balloon
    Evs: 252 Att / 252 Spd
    Moves:
    -Swords Dance
    -Blaze Kick/ Flare blitz
    -High Jump Kick
    -Stone Edge

OR

Infernape
    Nature: Timid
    Item: Life Orb
    Evs: 252 Spl Attack / 252 Speed
    Moves:
    -Nasty Plot
    -Vacuum Wave
    -Fire Blast
    -Hidden Power Ice/Electric

On Ferrocede, he want's a Careful nature. Calm reduces Attack. But Sassy is your best bet for Gyro Ball, in place of Iron Head. He speed is so low anyways, take advantage of it. XD Give him 0 IVs in speed as well to insure lowest possible speed.

Last edited:

Dylan1

ALOT IS NOT A WORD!!!!
    Years
  • Fly is a bad move too, it leaves you vulnerable on the turn you use it and switch to a counter.

Try MixMence;

Salamence @ Life Orb
    4 Atk / 252 Sp.Att / 252 Speed
    Naive Nature
    - Draco Meteor
    - Fire Blast
    - Brick Break
    - Roost

Draco Meteor for STAB, Fire Blast for Steels whilst Brick Break takes out special walls, Heatran and Tyranitar. Flawless coverage also.

my garchomp on the same team has brick break and my t-tar has flamethrower, i like to keep the move types really spread out. but idk. any suggestions are welcome, i may try that
    and i'm not too deep in the metagame yet, so i don't worry about ev's and natures and stuff like that. mainly cuz it takes too long to level

Last edited:

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
  • Hello all, recieved a weavile and a heracross in trades today, am requesting moveset help

Heracross@choice scarf
    swarm
    adamant
    252 attack/252 speed/4hp (i think)
    Megahorn
    close combat
    stoneedge
    Earth Quake??

Weavile@??
    Adamant
    252 attack/ 252 speed/ 4 hp
    ice punch/ ice shard
    brick break
    swords dance
    night slash

please rate and help me out with these, not really sure what sets are still viable in gen 5.

Back