• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Detox

Yeah, what serebii says is true: With exp share, you only get the normal amount of EV's, not modified amounts.

You would have to check the trade corner.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    So I'm thinking about trying a Specs Victini set, please tell me what you think.

Victini @ Choice Specs
    252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid

Fire Blast
    Focus Blast
    Thunder
    Psychic

It likely won't be effective. Choice insinuates that a Pokemon will have to switch in and out, and with Victini's massive weakness to entry hazards that's not really easy to do. Plus, Victini's speed isn't as good as it might be for an effective specs user (see: latios). Again, I really dunno what kind of merit this has over Latios who can do the same thing but hit harder, be faster, have more resistances, isn't entry hazard weak, and has better coverage.

The OU banned list mentions blaziken, but it does not mention anything about baton pass being banned on it o.0

Baton Pass is illegal on DW (Speed Boost) Blaziken because it cannot legitimately get both that ability and the egg move Baton Pass without hacking at this point in time. It's like that because the only DW Blaziken released so far have been male, meaning that they can't get the move in question to be passed down (males pass down moves). So yeah, Baton Pass Ken is generally not allowed on any server, including our own.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2011
    Oh, so once a female has been released, the combination of baton pass and speed boost will be possible in-game. Therefore, legal. Unless proven to be banned in OU.

So once it is legal, you can run
    Blaziken (F) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Speed Boost
    EV: 252 Atk/ 252 Spd/ 4 Hp
    Jolly (+Spd/-SAtk)
    - Baton Pass
    - Sword Dance
    - Hi Jump Kick
    - Blaze Kick

which gets threatened by a switch-in by chandelure, slowbro, gyarados, starmie, tentacruel, jellicent, dragonite, salamence, and lati@s after a single sword dance. Baton pass over to Mew

Mew @ Life Orb
    Ability: Synchonize
    Jolly (+Spd/-SAtk)
    - Baton Pass
    - Swords Dance
    - IcePunch
    - ThunderPunch

, then those threats to blaziken are somewhat nullifed since Mew should be able to take on those threats.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Oh, so once a female has been released, the combination of baton pass and speed boost will be possible in-game. Therefore, legal. Unless proven to be banned in OU.

So once it is legal, you can run
    Blaziken (F) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Speed Boost
    Jolly (+Spd/-SAtk)
    - Baton Pass
    - Sword Dance
    - Hi Jump Kick
    - Blaze Kick

which gets threatened by a switch-in by chandelure, slowbro, gyarados, starmie, tentacruel, jellicent, dragonite, salamence, and lati@s after a single sword dance. Baton pass over to Mew

Mew @ Life Orb
    Ability: Synchonize
    Jolly (+Spd/-SAtk)
    - Baton Pass
    - Swords Dance
    - IcePunch
    - ThunderPunch

, then those threats to blaziken are somewhat nullifed since Mew should be able to take on those threats.

Right. However, a female hasn't been released yet so there's not much use theorymonning about it yet. :(

Years
  • I recently bred this amazing Larvesta (31/x/31/31/x/31), and was wondering how this set looked:

Volcarona @ Life Orb/Leftovers
    Flame Body
    Modest
    252 Sp. atk / 252 Speed / 6 X
    ~Quiver Dance
    ~Firey Dance
    ~Bug Buzz
    ~Hidden Power [Dragon]

My main concern is the usefulness of Hidden Power. Does Dragon work, or should I consider Hurricane, Psychic, or some other move?

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I recently bred this amazing Larvesta (31/x/31/31/x/31), and was wondering how this set looked:

Volcarona @ Life Orb/Leftovers
    Flame Body
    Modest
    252 Sp. atk / 252 Speed / 6 X
    ~Quiver Dance
    ~Firey Dance
    ~Bug Buzz
    ~Hidden Power [Dragon]

My main concern is the usefulness of Hidden Power. Does Dragon work, or should I consider Hurricane, Psychic, or some other move?

It really should have 31 in Special Defense to \: But W.E, Hidden Power Dragon should be replaced by HP Rock.

Rock is pretty much Flying types, that will try to KO you.

Years
  • It should, but :effort

So, my main concern for running Hidden Power Dragon or Hidden Power Rock are Flying types? Mind naming some Flying Type threats I should look out for? I haven't had much experience with Gen V battling yet.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • eh, HP Rock lets you hit foe Volcorona as well as say Salamence, Dragonite (multiscale is so DAMN hard to kill) etc, while hitting Heatran for neutral. Heatran could also be covered by HP Fight (balloon tran is common as hell), or HP Ground I guess, but that leaves you open to D-nite/mence.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    eh, HP Rock lets you hit foe Volcorona as well as say Salamence, Dragonite (multiscale is so DAMN hard to kill) etc, while hitting Heatran for neutral. Heatran could also be covered by HP Fight (balloon tran is common as hell), or HP Ground I guess, but that leaves you open to D-nite/mence.

Yep. HP Rock also gives you the best overall neutral coverage iirc. Gyarados is also a big threat that Rock lets you maul. :(

jigglyppuff8 said:
    I probably wouldn't even stay in on Tran, but still, you've convinced me. Rebreed it is.

You probably could if you have more than two-ish Quiver Dances.

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years
  • What's a good Pokemon to replace Reuniclus on a team, as it may be getting close to being an Uber? I'm essentially looking for something that lures Dark and Ghost types in as well as deals with Fighting types well. Psychic type is somehwta prefered, but Ghost type could work, too.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • What's a good Pokemon to replace Reuniclus on a team, as it may be getting close to being an Uber? I'm essentially looking for something that lures Dark and Ghost types in as well as deals with Fighting types well. Psychic type is somehwta prefered, but Ghost type could work, too.

It may not be the same but I use; Beheeyem true his HP stat doesn't match up to Reuniclus his Defense & Special attack stat is the same as the Jelly Blob, his Special defense and Speed is higher to, he's not exactly a poor man's Reuniclus but he's not better. I'd give you a set I made, but it's for Trick Room teams ;o;

Volcom22

Weepingbell Collector.. ^.^
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2011
    So after playing Pokemon for several years I finally decided to get into online batteling. My problem is because I don't "EV" train my Pokemon I tent to almost always lose. How do you EV train and how do you know if your EV training is going good? For example, I know that Patrats/Lilliups give you an attack bonus. I spent an hour killing these and I didn't notice no change in my Attack Stat. If anyone can help I'd truly appreciate it! :classic:

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • A good Gigalith Set?

Leadalith
    Nature: Brave or Adamant for more power
    Relaxed or Impish for more resistance
    Naughty or Lax could also work

Ability: Sturdy

Item: Rocky Helmet

EVs: 252 Atk/ 252 Def

Moveset:
    Stealth Rock
    Explosion
    Stone Edge
    Earthquake

Strategy: Defense EVs and Sturdy ability garuntee it can set up Stealth Rock. Then, you either Explode, which will usually kill thanks to High Attack, or use Stone Edge or Earthquake (Edgequake combo). Rocky Helmet forces damage onto attacking foes, cancelling out the Sturdy ability of other pokemon.

Years
  • Yeah, what serebii says is true: With exp share, you only get the normal amount of EV's, not modified amounts.

You would have to check the trade corner.

Thank you for your message. I've just managed to get a Timid Litwick with Flash Fire, after having to go through hatching 45 eggs. I look forward to trying out EV training for the first time by using all the advice you have given me in the past week.

Thanks again :)

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    What's a good Pokemon to replace Reuniclus on a team, as it may be getting close to being an Uber? I'm essentially looking for something that lures Dark and Ghost types in as well as deals with Fighting types well. Psychic type is somehwta prefered, but Ghost type could work, too.

Nothing can really fill the role of Reuniclus because it's so unique. The next best thing that you can probably get is Sigilyph. It gets Magic Guard like Reuniclus, as well as luring things like Tyranitar (it really lures Dark-types in particular) and can run a Cosmic Power + Assist Power (idk it's english name; I think it's Stored Power) set that can work really well. It's probably the closest you'll get to Reuniclus, though. :(

So after playing Pokemon for several years I finally decided to get into online batteling. My problem is because I don't "EV" train my Pokemon I tent to almost always lose. How do you EV train and how do you know if your EV training is going good? For example, I know that Patrats/Lilliups give you an attack bonus. I spent an hour killing these and I didn't notice no change in my Attack Stat. If anyone can help I'd truly appreciate it! :classic:

Here's a solid link to help you.

A good Gigalith Set?

Leadalith
    Nature: Brave or Adamant for more power
    Relaxed or Impish for more resistance
    Naughty or Lax could also work

Ability: Sturdy

Item: Rocky Helmet

EVs: 252 Atk/ 252 Def

Moveset:
    Stealth Rock
    Explosion
    Stone Edge
    Earthquake

Strategy: Defense EVs and Sturdy ability garuntee it can set up Stealth Rock. Then, you either Explode, which will usually kill thanks to High Attack, or use Stone Edge or Earthquake (Edgequake combo). Rocky Helmet forces damage onto attacking foes, cancelling out the Sturdy ability of other pokemon.

That's standard Gigalith, though I believe it's 252 Atk / 252 HP and Custap Berry is preferred so that you can take a hit and priority Explosion on them. (Custap isn't released yet, though, so idk...)

Back