• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Skapocalypse

Im back! :3
Years
  • Smeargle. Sketch the moves and then breed. :)

Simisear is awful competitively. Quite honestly, ANY crazy Fire-type Pokemon outclasses it. (Well, maybe not Magcargo and Torkoal...)

If you're really determined to use it, my best guess would be for you to run a simple 252/252/4 sweeper spread, with Nasty Plot and Fire Blast (whatever it gets) along with coverage moves.

Are any of the three monkeys actually good competitively? They seem like such cool pogeymanz D:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Are any of the three monkeys actually good competitively? THE GREATEST PEOPLE EVER seem like such cool pogeymanz D:

No. They have horrid move pools, and their stats don't really give them any bonus at all. The best that they can offer is almost always a mediocre version of something else. They're destined to NU, probably (and even then won't see much use).

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2011
    Breeding scyther iv question

ok so ive been breeding scyther for adamant nature and perfect ivs but my ivs are all 6's and 7's, did i miss something big about this because every single one that i have hatched is a 6 or 7 and i thought they went to 31
    much apreciated

liz

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2011
    Smeargle. Sketch the moves and then breed. :)
    *cry*

Addtionally, I was thinking of a team for the Battle Subway. Since weather teams are taking over this metagame, I will conform to society and go weather for the Battle Subway.

I was thinking standard lead Hippowdon, and standard sweeper excadrill. However, I am unsure of what pokemon to add as the third after this. Any suggestions?

DayDreamer

Pokemon Gamer
    Years
  • Not sure where to ask this so I'll try here.

Is damage calculated supposed to fixed or is it averaged in some way? What I mean is if you hit a pokemon with an attack and it hits 40% of its health to that pokemon will it always be 40% (not counting buffs)?

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
  • No. The damage usually ranges about 7-10% between what is known as a "good roll" (high damage), and a "bad roll" (low damage).

DayDreamer

Pokemon Gamer
    Years
  • I see. Guess I was unlucky then >_<. Was wondering why my attack didn't kill it:

Start of turn 10
    The foe's Hydreigon used Focus Blast!
    Blastoise lost 76 HP! (25% of its health)

Blastoise used Ice Beam!
    It's super effective!
    The foe's Hydreigon lost 50% of its health!

Start of turn 11
    The foe's Hydreigon used Dragon Rush!
    Blastoise lost 129 HP! (43% of its health)

Blastoise used Ice Beam!
    It's super effective!
    The foe's Hydreigon lost 45% of its health!

Start of turn 12
    Blastoise used Protect!
    Blastoise protected itself!

The foe's Hydreigon used Draco Meteor!

Start of turn 13
    Blastoise lost 95 HP! (31% of its health)
    Blastoise fainted!
    The foe's Hydreigon's Sp. Att. sharply fell!

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I see. Guess I was unlucky then >_<. Was wondering why my attack didn't kill it:

Start of turn 10
    The foe's Hydreigon used Focus Blast!
    Blastoise lost 76 HP! (25% of its health)

Blastoise used Ice Beam!
    It's super effective!
    The foe's Hydreigon lost 50% of its health!

Start of turn 11
    The foe's Hydreigon used Dragon Rush!
    Blastoise lost 129 HP! (43% of its health)

Blastoise used Ice Beam!
    It's super effective!
    The foe's Hydreigon lost 45% of its health!

Start of turn 12
    Blastoise used Protect!

Start of turn 13
    Blastoise lost 95 HP! (31% of its health)
    Blastoise fainted!
    The foe's Hydreigon's Sp. Att. sharply fell!

Yep. You got a high roll on the first Ice Beam, and a low one on the second. When things like 2HKOs and OHKOs are calculated, they usually keep the low roll in mind instead of the high one, because if the lowest amount of damage possible is greater than 50%, it's a 2HKO always. If the highest amount of damage possible was 50% (like in the example you gave), it's only sometimes a 2HKO. A lot of factors go into what defines a 2HKO or an OHKO including entry hazards (Stealth Rock, Spikes) and Leftovers recovery (6.25% a turn!).

I'm rambling now so I'll stop. :x

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • So I'm kinda making a lulz set for Mandibuzz for gimmicks and just wondering, would this work? I'll mainly use it for the Subway, but I wouldn't be against using it for competitive uses.

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
    Nature: Modest
    Trait: Overcoat
    EVs: 172 HP, 252 SpA, 84 Spe
    - Nasty Plot
    - Dark Pulse
    - Air Slash
    - Substitute/Roost

172 HP EVs so you have enough to make Substitutes and survive a Seismic Toss. It works well since it has quite the amount of natural bulk, and access to Nasty Plot, along with two strong STAB moves, which means you can most likely get two in before it goes down.

Also, I'd like to request a moveset for a mixed Swanna, or at least a moveset.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Title. Is it possible via breeding?

IIRC, you can teach it Roost in Generation IV and then transfer it over.

So I'm kinda making a lulz set for Mandibuzz for gimmicks and just wondering, would this work? I'll mainly use it for the Subway, but I wouldn't be against using it for competitive uses.

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
    Nature: Modest
    Trait: Overcoat
    EVs: 172 HP, 252 SpA, 84 Spe
    - Nasty Plot
    - Dark Pulse
    - Air Slash
    - Substitute/Roost

172 HP EVs so you have enough to make Substitutes and survive a Seismic Toss. It works well since it has quite the amount of natural bulk, and access to Nasty Plot, along with two strong STAB moves, which means you can most likely get two in before it goes down.

Also, I'd like to request a moveset for a mixed Swanna, or at least a moveset.

Mandibuzz set looks like it'd work, to say the least. Dark+Flying gets decent coverage I suppose. You do lose to like every Steel-type in existence, though...

Swanna? Uh... My best guess would be Surf/Air Slash/HP [Ground]/Roost - you should at least be able to hit everything that way. ...Except Rotom-W. But err I hope you aren't using this in actual matches...

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I am looking for a Competitive Watchog (Really) Set. I feel the needs to troll Wi-Fi.

Watchog @ Focus Sash? Leftovers?
    Nature: Jolly
    Ability: whatever they all suck
    Evs: 252 Spe/whatever else you want
    ~Hypnosis
    ~Swords Dance/Agility
    ~Baton Pass
    ~Return

yep idk. watchog ain't doin' much well.

Last edited:

Raichupacabra

Villain
    Years
  • Watchog @ Focus Sash? Leftovers?
    Nature: Jolly
    Ability: whatever they all suck
    Evs: 252 Spe/whatever else you want
    ~Hypnosis
    ~Swords Dance/Agility
    ~Baton Pass
    ~Return

...comes straight from the fish's ass in other words i'm a bass turd

yep idk. watchog ain't doin' much well.

This set probably could probably work. Thanks.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • Swanna? Uh... My best guess would be Surf/Air Slash/HP [Ground]/Roost - you should at least be able to hit everything that way. ...Except Rotom-W. But err I hope you aren't using this in actual matches...
    I was thinking HP Grass so you can then hit Rotom-W, but it's not like I was planning to use it competitively. Just for lulz and Battle Subway and stuff like that.

Also about the Mandibuzz, I guess HP Ground could work over Air Slash, if you want something to hit steels with. :)

Years
  • I've started EV training my Terrakion. It is sassy in nature so I don't know if I should EV train it in Atk or SpDef - I've already EV trained it 252 in Spd (fought 63 Basculins with macho brace). I would also like your thoughts on the moveset, at the moment it has:
    • Helping Hand
    • Retaliate
    • Rock Slide
    • Sacred Sword
    I'm considering - X-Scissor, Stone Edge, Earthquake and Sacred Sword.
    Cheers :)

I would be very grateful if you could tell me how I could breed the following egg moves - what pokemon I will need etc. I've looked at serebii, but don't understand the actual process.
    • Axew - Counter, Night Slash & Iron Tail
    • Deino - Ice Fang, Earth Power & Dark Pulse
    • Litwick - Heat wave
    Thank you :)

I sent the previous two messages, btu no one got back to me. I would be very grateful if someone could answer my questions.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2011
    Moveset for Skymory w/ Spikes and Stealth Rock?

Which four moves should I use, or is there a better alternative with the same technique?

Spikes
    Stealth Rock
    Roar
    ???

I was thinking Roost, but that's going to be hard to get.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2012
    What are some good status absorbers that can deal with Breloom (For example, actually be able to deal with Sleep and then beat Breloom)?

Sigilyph @ Flame Orb
    Ability: Magic Guard
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 Spe

Cosmic Power
    Psycho Shift
    Stored Power
    Roost

Back