• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Totaldile

appeared! Totaldile used RAWR!
Years
  • Your opinion on the best of thsese categories?

I''m looking for the best Subseeder, Physical sweeper and Special sweeper in OU. I'm kinda new to training and such so any guidance to a good move-set would help me too :).

Cheers!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • There's no such thing as a "best" Pokemon at a certain job, but here are the ones who are very good at what they do:

Subseeder: Whimsicott; it has Prankster to make its job easier. If you want to have offensive presence as you Subseed, use Sceptile or Shaymin-S.

Physical sweeper: IDK, there are a lot. Excadrill (under sandstorm), Garchomp, Haxorus or Salamence would be good.

Special sweeper: Volcarona. Even though a 4x weakness holds it back, it can set up Quiver Dance, then proceed to sweep. You can also consider Hydreigon.

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2013
    I want to start EV training my level 1 dratini (dragonite eventually) for competitive battles. I was thinking a mild nature with 56 Atk / 252 SpA / 200 Spd. Right off the bat if you think this is bad tell me, if not can you tell me which mobs I would have to kill and how many times each? I'm just not sure how to calculate it.

He will have pokerus and the macro brace. Thank you.

Years
  • I wanted help in how to get my Espeon from the Pokemon Global Link. I have a pokemon trainer account and a global link account with my game sync ID, but don't know how to transfer it to my game card. Thanks :)

Raichupacabra

Villain
    Years
  • I want to start EV training my level 1 dratini (dragonite eventually) for competitive battles. I was thinking a mild nature with 56 Atk / 252 SpA / 200 Spd. Right off the bat if you think this is bad tell me, if not can you tell me which mobs I would have to kill and how many times each? I'm just not sure how to calculate it.

He will have pokerus and the macro brace. Thank you.

EVs: 116 Atk / 200 SpA / 192 Spe. This is the typical Mixnite set.

If you bought Vitamins you would only need to kill:
    4 Patrat/Lilipup
    25 Litwick
    12 Basculin (11 with Macho Brace, 1 without Macho Brace)

Tip: After you EV train at least 3 good Pokemon take them into the Battle Subway and try to get enough BP to get the Power items.

Years
  • okay, I need help with another moveset.
    this time, I need help with exeggutor with the harvest ability. I was hoping for it to be holding lum berry and learning rest, although any other berry suggestions help too. also, I want it to work offensively and defensively, if possible. although more towards the offensive side.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
  • There are no standard sets for him...I can suggest one though:

Exeggutor@Lum Berry
    Bold Nature [+Def; -Atk]
    Ability: Harvest
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Def
    - Rest
    - Leaf Storm
    - Psychic / Psyshock
    - Hidden Power [Fire]

I really dunno about EVs or nature, but I assume that setup I gave provides bulk and power...

Eleken

Geologist
    Years
  • I have Adamant (flawless) Kangaskhan with Scrappy(now in my HG but I want send it black) and I think about her Moveset and EV spread. I want use Drain Punch (in five gen it is great punch and kangaskhan has god HP stats for synergy with this), Sucker punch (priority move) and what next? I dont know...

Maybe rest/sleep talk like machamp wave (252/252 hp/attack) or sweeper with some other attack and choice item (scarf, band: 252/252 speed/attack )?

Please help.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I have Adamant (flawless) Kangaskhan with Scrappy(now in my HG but I want send it black) and I think about her Moveset and EV spread. I want use Drain Punch (in five gen it is great punch and kangaskhan has god HP stats for synergy with this), Sucker punch (priority move) and what next? I dont know...

Maybe rest/sleep talk like machamp wave (252/252 hp/attack) or sweeper with some other attack and choice item (scarf, band: 252/252 speed/attack )?

Please help.

Well for a choice item set it would be;

Kangaskhan @Choice Band
    EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant/Jolly Nature
    Ability: Scrappy
    -Return
    -Earthquake
    -Hammer Arm
    -Sucker Punch

Or, there is a SubPunch set;

Kangaskhan @Leftovers
    EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 46 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    Ability: Scrappy
    -Return
    -Focus Punch
    -Sucker Punch
    -Substitute

Enjoy. :3

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • So I just EV'd my Dragonite that has Multiscale with 252 Atk/252Spe/4HP and I was thinking about using ThunderPunch/FirePunch/Dragon Rush/Hone Claws.

I was wondering if Dragon Rush with Hone Claws was better than Dragon Claw/Dragon Dance. I have a Whimsicott with Tailwind on my team, so I don't believe Speed should be an issue. Is the loss of possible excess speed worth a stronger STAB attack that has a 20% Flinch chance? I also run with a Excadrill and Tyranitar combo on my team so consider me hitting Sand Veiled pokemon, too.

These are it's IVs
    23–24 HP; 31/12–13 Physical; 11–12/15–16 Special; 29–30 Speed

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2014
    My question goes out to some of the more experienced metagame battlers...

Im just starting out and trying to get into competitive battling but im not sure where to begin. I just downloaded pokemon online but I cant seem to get information on how to start and the basics of building a team. Or what I should be looking for during a battle and how to grow.

I understand the basic tiers of uber OU BL NU ect but I dont know how to set up a team or what strategies I should be using. Any help directing me to a thread or website would be great.

My question goes out to some of the more experienced metagame battlers...

Im just starting out and trying to get into competitive battling but im not sure where to begin. I just downloaded pokemon online but I cant seem to get information on how to start and the basics of building a team. Or what I should be looking for during a battle and how to grow.

I understand the basic tiers of uber OU BL NU ect but I dont know how to set up a team or what strategies I should be using. Any help directing me to a thread or website would be great.

Last edited:

Perriechu

Years
  • My question goes out to some of the more experienced metagame battlers...

Well firstly, you will want to know the threats and such of the current metagame.

Click this; it will take you to the threat list.

Secondly, Smogon is a great place for things like this; they have a load of stuff for helping competitive battlers start up.

Click here again, just look around for a while.

Thirdly is a team builder; You choose the 6 Pokemon you want, enter them into the team builder, and once finished, the builder will pin point where you have weaknesses.

Click here.

Hope this could help, no doubt someone else will come along and give more pointers. n_n

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2011
    Timid Exeggute

So, i was wondering what kind of moveset and EV's i should get to this guy. It's from dream world so ability is harvest. I was looking for this one i found from youtube (:P):
    Ability: Harvest,
    Nature: Bold,
    EV's: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpAtk,
    Moves: Hidden Power (fire), Leaf Storm, Rest, Sleep Powder.

I was thinking of moves like Synthesis, Sleep/Stun powder/spore, Physic/Psyshock and Sludge bomb/Energy ball/leaf storm

And yeah, nature is timid. If anyone could suggest good moveset and EV's.

And since it's from dream world, it came with synthesis. I am trying to get bold one with giga drain tomorrow. (i thought sweeper exeggutor would be nice but eh, kinda saved and then disagreed with that timid :/ )

Years
  • RE: Ev'd Hydreigon

I am considering an Ev'd Hydreigon with the following:

Hydreigon(Timid)
    126 Atk, 126 SpAtk & 252 Spd

Dragon Pulse
    Dark Pulse
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge/Rock Slide/Focus Blast

I would greatly appreciate your views on this :)

Perriechu

Years
  • So, i was wondering what kind of moveset and EV's i should get to this guy. It's from dream world so ability is harvest. I was looking for this one i found from youtube (:P):
    Ability: Harvest,
    Nature: Bold,
    EV's: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpAtk,
    Moves: Hidden Power (fire), Leaf Storm, Rest, Sleep Powder.

I was thinking of moves like Synthesis, Sleep/Stun powder/spore, Physic/Psyshock and Sludge bomb/Energy ball/leaf storm

And yeah, nature is timid. If anyone could suggest good moveset and EV's.

And since it's from dream world, it came with synthesis. I am trying to get bold one with giga drain tomorrow. (i thought sweeper exeggutor would be nice but eh, kinda saved and then disagreed with that timid :/ )

This is a pretty good Harvest set for it to use. You can breed it to get Harvest with a Calm nature. :3

Exeggutor @Sitrus Berry
    EVs: 252 HP / 6 Def / 252 SDef
    Calm Nature
    Ability: Harvest
    -Leech Seed
    -Substitute
    -Toxic/Protect
    -Hidden Power [Fire]

I am considering an Ev'd Hydreigon with the following:

Hydreigon(Timid)
    126 Atk, 126 SpAtk & 252 Spd

Dragon Pulse
    Dark Pulse
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge/Rock Slide/Focus Blast

I would greatly appreciate your views on this :)

This is the standard Hydreigon set;

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf / Choice Specs
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 6 Hp / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk) / Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Draco Meteor
    - Surf / Focus Blast
    - Fire Blast
    - U-Turn / Dark Pulse / Dragon Pulse

Although I guess a Physical approach could be taken, but you're likely to do better with that set. :)

Hectic

Dew yew liek Tyranitars?
    Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2013
    Chandelure?

Chandelure
    Modest or Timid/Shadow Tag
    Evs: 252 Sp. Att 252 Spe 6 HP
    Overheat, Psychic, Shadow Ball, Payback

Any suggestions?

darkfighter

That random guy
    Years
  • Chandelure's Speed isn't too bad, but the Special Attack is where it truly shines. I would go with Modest, but if priority is your issue, then go with Timid.

As the the moveset, it's not bad. I see no point in Payback, because it's PHYSICAL, and that hinders Chandelure's true ability. Also, if you're running Overheat, you might want to make it hold a White Herb so it can recover from that nasty recoil. Or, you could replace Payback with Flamethrower. Then you could save Overheat for when you really need it. Everything else is fine beyond that.

Back