• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matzzz

Danger!
    Years
    Ok so ive been trying to pick pokes for my team and ive came up with this:

Magnezone
    Xatu
    Tyranitar
    Vileplume
    Arcanine
    Starmie

I think it covers most weakness'
    so can anyone reccomend some movesets and Ivs please?

Romo_Owens

Young Money
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2008
    First things first, my issue. I need help with my Jirachi. I have been trying to find a calm jirachi with good IVs for a long time and after finally getting some decent IVs (mind you I'm going for a Calm Mind Jirachi so I want all fields to be good except attack). I have broken it down to 3 and I would greatly appreciate if somebody helped me out:

Jirachi 1:

HP:29 Atk:28 Def: 15 Sp. atk: 22 SP. Def: 22 Spd: 1

Although a high speed stat would be preferable, Jirachi is more importantly a support/special wall so speed really isn't essential.

Jirachi 2:

HP: 29 Atk: 8 Def: 26 Sp. Atk: 8 Sp.Def: 29 Spd: 22
    This is the Jirachi of my choice. It is quite bulky having 29 IVs in Special Defense and HP and 26 Defense IV's. The only loophole in this is that it have low Special attack.

Jirachi 3:

HP: 26 Atk: 16 Def: 12 Sp. Atk: 30 Sp. Def: 19 Spd: 5

Can someone please suggest which of these Jirachis I should use for a Calm Mind Set?

Thanks owens, i will keep that in mind:)
    Maybe i will change umbreon for ninjask battonpasser (substitute, sword dance, batton pass, x-siccor/protect)

Now Ninjask is a more strategy oriented but i really like the threat it poses. Presonally, I like Protect over X-Scissor because it gives you a nextra turn between using Substitute to take a Speed boost. The only thing is one speed boost will give enough of a boost to allow any Pokemon with 80+ base speed to outrun a modest Jolteon.

In my opinion however, I would go for a physical wall to replace Umbreon or Swellow. I suggest either:

Tangrowth @ Leftovers
    Power Whip
    Sleep Powder
    Leech Seed
    Knock Off OR

Swampert @ Leftovers
    Earthquake
    Avalanche/Ice Beam
    Hydro Pump
    Stealth Rock/Roar OR

Weezing @ Leftovers
    ThunderBolt
    Fire Blast
    Will-O-Wisp/Haze
    Pain Split

All of those have their benefits. Tangrowth can cripple any sweeper by getting rid of their item and surprisingly works as a decent Gyarados counter. Swapy give you stealth Rock support or Roar to block Baton Passing/Set up attempts and weezing packs will-o-wisp which just cripples all popular physical sweepers with the exception Heracross and Machamp

Dark Destiny

Your Destiny is in your hands
    Years
    Not sure if this is ok for a Garchomp physical sweeper...
    Garchomp @ ?? Leftovers?
    Jolly Nature, 252 Att EV, 252 Spd Ev, 6 Hp EV

Swords Dance
    Earthquake
    Fire Fang/Crunch/Stone Edge
    Dragon Claw/Outrage

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Consider yache berry for item, a 4x ice weak is garchomp's main weakness. Life orb's a good choice aswell.

The set is largely the same as standard garchomp, but fire fang for the 3rd slot and outrage for the fourth

Froslass: Yes, it's usable. You may want to puch for maximal IVs should you want to play in a compettive enviroment, but it's by no means terrible.

Walrein

Banned
    Years
    I think I have a great idea for Drifblim:
    Unburden trait
    Timid nature
    Any good lossble item
    178 EV Def/194 SpA/138 Spe (nature and EVs can be changed to suit one another)
    ~Hypnosis
    ~Shadow Ball
    ~Thunderbolt
    ~Calm Mind
    With 31 HP IVs, without any investment in HP is gets 441 HP stat, what enables it to make the full potential from both of Calm Mind's stat raising by investing in defense. With it's trait, after the item will be lost, it would even outurn max-speed+nature Deoxys-S, supposing it has 31 speed IV of couse. Again, not necessarily in these exact stats, but the idea is clear.

Matt-O

The King's Shadow
    Years
    Are there any movesets for a Timid Rayquaza? I know it won't be as good as the normal Jolly SD set, but I got this off of the GTS, so I'm going to work with what I've got for now. His base Special Attack is just as good as his base Physical, and he's got a fairly wide variety of Sp.Attacks to choose from, but what should I do with him?

Zurich

Optimus Prime
    Years
    Tangrowth is a good choice, it's very annoying with that moveset.
    It can resist some hits and at the same time recover some hp with leftovers and leech seed. With his 125 base defence and an impish nature it will be very difficult to counter him.
    About your calm mind Jirachi I would choose the first option, with calm mind you boost your defence stats and with wish you can survive easily in battle, so dont worry a lot for the speed stat.

froslass
    for the drifblim moveset, i will go with:
    leftovers
    will-o-wisp
    shadow ball
    explotion
    hipnosis
    with a calm nature and you will be just fine

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Are there any movesets for a Timid Rayquaza? I know it won't be as good as the normal Jolly SD set, but I got this off of the GTS, so I'm going to work with what I've got for now. His base Special Attack is just as good as his base Physical, and he's got a fairly wide variety of Sp.Attacks to choose from, but what should I do with him?

Rayquaza@Choice Specs
    Timid
    252SpAtt/252Spd/6HP
    Draco Meteor
    Overheat
    Dragon Pulse/Brick Break/Focus Blast
    Thunderbolt/Brick Break/Fire Blast

Smogon standard. Ubers is fully saturated with immense special sweepers, rayquaza is often left out due to its inferiority and the fact it's an excellent DDer. Brick Break is to be considered for blissey.

Divine~Deoxys

Jolly
    252spd,252atk,4hp
    Sucker Punch
    Night Slash
    Swords Dance
    Baton Pass

Infernape @ Life Orb
    Naive
    24atk,232spd,252sp.atk
    Grass Knot
    Close Combat
    Flamethrower
    ????????

Froslass (i haven't a clue about waht it could be sued as,i jsut think it looks cool)

I'm looking for a team that owudl have the above pokes in.
    It would preferably use some of these,but i'm not sure which ones owuld work in a team.My favs are in bolod,buit i'm not sure if any of these woudl go together:

Salamence,Bronzong,Deoxys-e,Skarmory,Cresselia,Swampert,Suicune(hence,ROFLCune).

hope someoen can help

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
    Well, since I'm unsure, I guess you could try...

Bronzong@Leftovers/Damp Rock
    Sassy, Levitate, 0 speed IV
    252HP/128atk/128sp.def

Gyro Ball
    Hypnosis
    Rain Dance
    Earthquake/Stealth Rock/something

Last move is filler. Basically, sleep something, and set up rain. You could use Quake to hammer expected fire switch-ins, who will have less damaging Fire moves due to your Rain. With that rain and Levitate, Bronzong essentially has no weaknesses.

latioslegends

What worries you masters you
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2019
    Lately I have been trying to come up with a good team, and I have only offically decided on two I'll appreciate any help for the rest of my team^^;

Garchomp
    252 speed/252 attack
    moves swords dance/fire fang/dragon claw/earthquake
    item life orb
    nature jolly

Blissy
    252 defense/252 special defense
    moves ice beam/softboiled/seicmoc toss/?
    item leftovers
    nature bold

Everything else I can't decided upon including Blissy's last move I'll appreciate any advice on certain pokes that give an all around purpose, or a different battle method^^;

The Hero Without a Name

Da bee dee da ba mouse...
    Years
    Well, Bold Blissey doesn't work that well in DP; SpecsLuke can 2HKO with Aura Sphere, though on yours, Blissey has a decent chance to survive two Aura Spheres. SpecsAlakazam and Specs Gengar could also 2HKO (if they're lucky).
    Calm Blissey (252DEF/200SPDEF/58HP) WILL survive two hits from the aforementioned, so you might wanna look in that. As for the last moveslot, you may wanna consider a statusing move (Thunder Wave, Toxic, Sing) or Aromatherapy. Take your pick.

As for Garchomp... nothing much to be said. It's the standard, but you could stick a Yache Berry on him to piss off your opponents xp

For a Physical Wall, you could go with Gliscor with this set:
    Gliscor @ Leftovers
    252 HP/6 ATK/252 DEF
    Roost
    Earthquake
    Ice Fang/Aerial Ace
    Stealth Rock/Knock Off/Taunt
    Ice Fang can 2HKO the popular Dragons, while Aerial Ace will rape Heracross. The last slot's your support move. Though, with Gliscor AND Garchomp being 4x weak to Ice, you might wanna consider something that can resist Ice. Heatran has a 4x resistance to Ice and really screws them up with STAB fire move, but then you'd want something that can soak up water attacks.

Hmm. You could also use a special sweeper (Azelf, Alakazam, or SpecsLuke just to name a few). Other than that, well... that's all I have to say.

Last edited:

Zurich

Optimus Prime
    Years
    Gyarados should be a good choice for your team,it has incredible attack and a decent move pool.
    With an adamant nature and life orb you kick ass.
    Including the next moveset:
    Dragon dance to boost attack and speed, waterfall for power and STAB and a chance to flinch the target, earthquake to counter electric pokemon (jolteon is an exception,if facing him you should better switch out) and tyranitars that are a huge threat for you, and finally taunt to make the target use only attack moves ( will-o-wisp, t-wave, hipnosis won't work)

Walrein

Banned
    Years
    Lately I have been trying to come up with a good team, and I have only offically decided on two I'll appreciate any help for the rest of my team^^;

Garchomp
    252 speed/252 attack
    moves swords dance/fire fang/dragon claw/earthquake
    item life orb
    nature jolly

Blissy
    252 defense/252 special defense
    moves ice beam/softboiled/seicmoc toss/?
    item leftovers
    nature bold

Everything else I can't decided upon including Blissy's last move I'll appreciate any advice on certain pokes that give an all around purpose, or a different battle method^^;
    What about Outrage on Garchomp?
    As for Blissey, it's movepool straches almost as far as it's HP, so it's really a matter of what do you need in your team. I use it to heal statuses and to defend, so I use:
    @Lefovers
    Natural Cure trait
    Calm nature
    252 EV Def/80 SpA/178 SpD
    ~Softbolid
    ~Aromatheraphy/Heal Bell
    ~Ice Beam
    ~Take you pick-either another attacking move for coverage or a status move, or even Snatch...
    With 31 HP IVs, it can reach 655 HP without any investment, what enables you to use EVs from it's defensive stats and SpA, for the extra bite against sweepers.

Dark Destiny

Your Destiny is in your hands
    Years
    I'm having a huge problem putting outrage on my Garchomp, I've got a male Dragonite(With OK IV's finally) with outrage, and a female jolly gabite, even when i put an everstone on my Gabite my baby Gible isn't Jolly Nature? Have I done anything wrong, or is just my luck?

Walrein

Banned
    Years
    I'm having a huge problem putting outrage on my Garchomp, I've got a male Dragonite(With OK IV's finally) with outrage, and a female jolly gabite, even when i put an everstone on my Gabite my baby Gible isn't Jolly Nature? Have I done anything wrong, or is just my luck?
    No, that's because the parent's nature does not effect the newborn's nature.

Becky_x

Looking for a shiny Bellossom
    Years
    I completed the dex last night so now it's time for me to move on to battling but I don't really have a set team. I know next to nothing about what moves are good, IVs/EVs, which items are best ect, so hopefully you guys can help.

Here's what I've used mostly:

Staraptor lvl72 with Macho Brace
    227/216/117/86/90/173
    Aerial ace
    Close combat
    Fly
    Brave bird

Roselia lvl73 with Rose incense
    169/123/99/167/148/128
    Aromatherapy
    Mega drain
    Cut
    Grass knot

Empoleon lvl73 with Wave incense
    222/161/179/196/171/120
    Drill peck
    Surf
    Waterfall
    Hydro cannon

Bellossom lvl73 with Miracle seed
    220/142/143/158/167/111
    Lucky chant
    Drain punch
    Leaf storm
    Giga drain

Shaymin lvl 73 with Micle berry
    237/198/178/178/175/171
    Seed flare
    Aromatherapy
    Substitute
    Energy ball

Obviously I'll need one more but I can't decide what to choose, and I'd also like another suggestion in place of Shaymin for situations where I can't use it.

Thanks in advance =]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back