• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hero Without a Name

Da bee dee da ba mouse...
    Years
    Misdreavus
    dark pulse
    shadow ball
    hypnosis
    dream eater
    Sorry, but that's a horrible set. Not only do Darks/Steels wall it completely, but Dream Eater is too situational; your opponent could easily switch out a sleeping Pokemon, while you use Dream Eater, pretty much wasting your turn and giving a free switch to whatever comes in next. Not to mention, Shadow Ball/Dark Pulse has pretty redundant coverage.

Zurich

Optimus Prime
    Years
    I would like a porygon 2 lead please.

Porygon 2@ leftovers/lum berry
    Trace
    Modest
    240 HP/164 Def/12 Sp.Atk/92 Sp.Def
    -Ice beam
    -Discharge
    -Magic coat/t-wave
    -Recover

I recommend t-wave cause its really helpful for lowering speed of faster pokemons (besides, your 60 base speed is crap). But magic coat is useful too, sending statuses back to your opponent.
    I also think lum berry is better than lefties, cause you already got recover to regain health and lum berry gets rid of unwanted status.

Sphere

Mystic Crystal
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2008
    ^ Bold works better in my experience. Also you'll want Lefties since Magic Coat deals with status, bouncing back Will-O-Wisp and T-Wave and what have you. Unfortunately it doesn't help with secondary status but if you get that then you're just unlucky.

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
    yyyyyeeeeeeeehhhhhhh.
    i know this is probably rubbish but these are the moves that i give porygon2/Z

porygon-Z/2@lifeorb
    modest
    252spA/252spe/6HP
    psychic
    darkpulse/shadowball
    triattack
    nastyplot

the EVs might be wrong but,i use the set and it is sweepable

devilicious

dream
    Years
    Porygon2 doesn't get Nasty Plot though, so I don't know what you're going on about.

Oh yeah and the fact that P-Z has crap base speed stops a NP Set from being truly devastating. Not to mention Psychic offers horrid coverage, and should be changed to Hidden Power [Fighting] (but since it's for ingame most likely, nothing I said here really matters).

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Okay, so I'm making a new team

Alakazam @ Choice Scarf
    Timid
    252 SpA/252 Spe/6 HP
    Psychic
    Shadow Ball
    Focus Blast
    HP Electric/Ice

I'm using this lead currently, but not being able to boltbeam hurts, which is why I'm thinking on scrapping it for Deoxys-e (it does what Zam does basically) However, with D-E, I lose a lot of coverage against the likes of foe Suicide D-E's, since my D-E set currently lacks Shadow Ball. Who should I use?

Last edited:

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
    Years
    Can someone give me a good moveset/EV's for a Deoxys-S in my Rain Dance team?

He is my starter so he has Rain Dance for his first move and Damp Rock for an item.

devilicious

dream
    Years
    Deoxys-S @ Damp Rock
    Timid Nature
    252 HP / 252 Speed / 6 Sp. Atk
    - Rain Dance
    - Taunt
    - Thunder
    - Stealth Rock / Light Screen / Reflect / Spikes / Recover

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Can someone give me a good moveset/EV's for a Deoxys-S in my Rain Dance team?

He is my starter so he has Rain Dance for his first move and Damp Rock for an item.

I use this on my rain dance team

Deoxys@Damp Rock
    252 HP / 252 SPEED / 6 SP.ATT
    Timid Nature
    - Taunt
    - Rain Dance
    - Stealth Rock
    - Filler

Last move you can shove in a screen like reflect or light screen, an attack move or even recover.

EDIT : -

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BEATEN BY DEVI >:<

Last edited:

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
    Misdreavus
    dark pulse
    shadow ball
    hypnosis
    dream eater

I'm sorry... but what?

Mismagius@Leftovers
    Timid Nature
    EVs: 108 HP, 164 Sp Atk, 236 Spd
    -Shadow Ball
    -Hidden Power Fighting
    -Substitute
    -Calm Mind

The HP EVs stop Blissey from breaking your subs with Ice Beam/Flamethrower while you CM up, Shadow Ball + HP Fight hits everything neutrally.

Seriously this thing is a hugely underrated threat.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    Does Deoxys get the elemental punches in Platinum? If so, what's the standard Physical set?:

Deoxys-E @ Life orb
    Hasty/Naive Nature
    EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spe/6 SAtk
    - Psycho Boost
    - Ice Punch
    - Fire Punch
    - Brick Break

Something like that?

I also need a spread for an Adamant Outrage/DD Salamence.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back