• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    I was wondering, if Banette got Swords Dance, what would the damage calcs be against the following targets (all of these are Max Attack + Adamant):

+2 LO Shadow Claw vs. Max HP/Max Def Hypno
    +2 LO Shadow Sneak vs. Max HP/Max Def Hypno
    +2 LO Sucker Punch vs. Max HP/Max Def Hypno

+2 LO Shadow Claw vs. Max HP/Max Def Grumpig
    +2 LO Shadow Sneak vs. Max HP/Max Def Grumpig
    +2 LO Sucker Punch vs. Max HP/Max Def Grumpig

+2 LO Shadow Claw vs. Max HP/Max Def Claydol
    +2 LO Shadow Sneak vs. Max HP/Max Def Claydol
    +2 LO Sucker Punch vs. Max HP/Max Def Claydol

+2 LO Brick Break vs. Max HP/Max Def Steelix

Ayouki Emerald

Leavin'
    Years
    I'm having trouble with my Blastoise for a complete BL moveset. For my UU team, he is the only one with a problem.

The mirror coat affected his spread and...

Blastoise @ Leftovers
    Nature: calm
    152 HP/ 252 Def/ 108 Special Def
    Surf
    Aqua Ring
    Toxic
    Mirror Coat

I'm thinking, I replace either Toxic or Aqua Ring (I could replace Toxic) for Protect, to scout my opponent's moves and for a free turn to heal from Aqua Ring and Leftovers, but that's just the problem...

Stupid Scizor's X-scissor... Damn Uber Skymin....

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
    Yeah but if you can obtain a 3rd Gen Magnemite with Agility on R/S/E or something, you can always Pal Park it over. :/

So then you'd click the R/S/E/FR/LG button and see that it also isn't listed there anymore.

That's why all the reliable sites (serebii, smogon etc) seperate their lists by Generations to avoid problems like this, so just because you see it's possible on one site doesn't mean it is possible for the 4th Generation.

Years
    +2 LO Shadow Claw vs. Max HP/Max Def Hypno
    79.41% - 93.85%
    +2 LO Shadow Sneak vs. Max HP/Max Def Hypno
    45.72% - 53.74%
    +2 LO Sucker Punch vs. Max HP/Max Def Hypno
    60.42% - 71.12%
    +2 LO Shadow Claw vs. Max HP/Max Def Grumpig
    84.89% - 100.54%
    +2 LO Shadow Sneak vs. Max HP/Max Def Grumpig
    48.62% - 57.69%
    +2 LO Sucker Punch vs. Max HP/Max Def Grumpig
    64.83% - 76.37%
    +2 LO Shadow Claw vs. Max HP/Max Def Claydol
    71.29% - 84.25%
    +2 LO Shadow Sneak vs. Max HP/Max Def Claydol
    41.66% - 49.07%
    +2 LO Sucker Punch vs. Max HP/Max Def Claydol
    54.32% - 64.19%
    +2 LO Brick Break vs. Max HP/Max Def Steelix
    28.81% - 34.46%

Keep in mind, most of those sets don't run Max Def, anyway. BTW, Sucker Punch doesn't get a STAB. You know that, right? Enjoy...

Zurich

Optimus Prime
    Years
    what do you think of this flygon moveset?

Flygon@ Choice specs
    Timid
    252 Sp.Atk/252Speed/6hp
    Heat Wave/Fire Blast
    Earth Power
    Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor
    Giga Drain/Grass knot

I just made it up for my BL team.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    what do you think of this flygon moveset?

Flygon@ Choice specs
    Timid
    252 Sp.Atk/252Speed/6hp
    Fire Blast
    Earth Power
    Draco Meteor
    Grass knot/HP Ice

I just made it up for my BL team.

It's viable...I'd go with that moveset though. Heatwave is inferior to Fire Blast, same thing with Dragon Pulse to Draco Meteor. Grass Knot will give you more power than Gige Drain. HP Ice could be useful as well.

I like it. Could be a nasty surprise for those who are thinking the standard mix set or choice banded variants. Just make sure you use it correctly, as it won't have as many shots to work as a more standard set.

EDIT: You're going to want modest>timid...Just so those Specs don't go to waste. The increase in power will make up for the speed loss.

Zurich

Optimus Prime
    Years
    Yeah i know i need good prediction to make it work, i hate being restricted to one attack.
    i was also thinking of life orb or expert belt as an option

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    There are quite a few sets that ppl use very commonly. Yache DDMence, Bulky Mence,SpecsMence.All of these sets aren't too bad, but I-and a lot of other RMTer's here- probably agree that the best Mence Variant is Mixmence.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Noctowl@Choice Specs
    Timid
    252SpAtt/252Spd/6HP
    Heat Wave
    Air Slash
    HP Ground
    Psychic/Shadow Ball

Noctowl's offensive stats (SpAtt and Speed) are very poor, you're gonna have to use specs if you wanna make any sort of impression on the battle. As for the set, the 3 types that resist flying are hit by HP ground for super effective damage instead. Heat wave then covers the stuff that neither Air slash or HP hit, namely skarmory, bronzong and zapdos. If this is for UU, then psychic can put holes in the plethora of fighting types that appear everywhere. In OU you may prefer shadow ball to hit the likes of azelf and cresselia harder.

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
    Years
    I have been an OU battler for quite a while now and I have finally decided I want to take a step down and try my hand at UU. It would be awesome if you could help me out a bit. Do you think you could tell me some of the most powerful:

Physical Sweepers
    Special Sweepers
    Mixed Sweepers
    Tanks
    Physical Walls
    Special Walls
    Mixed Walls
    Leads.

Thanks everyone.

StrickeN

The mighty force will Strike
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2010
    <_< Asking for the most powerful of anything in UU metagame is like asking what is the best pokemon in the entire metagame.

You'll get a beshevled amount of different responses, and almost all of them will be based on pesonal use and experience.

With UU becoming more and more popular, you'll notice it's mainly people focusing on the pokemon they like and the stats they have.

And to the Poster above the 2

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
    Impish
    252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpD
    Ice Punch/Tpunch/Fire Punch
    Will-o-Wisp
    Pain Split
    EQ/Shadow Sneak

The choice of EQ/Shadow Sneak or which Elemental punch is up for grabs, as it is mainly based on what your team needs to counter.
    I like EQ simply for Heatrans which are SO common these days with so many Scizors sweeping the metagame.
    Its based on personal opinion and what you need to dodge more :)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back