• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walrein

Banned
    Years
    I know it sound strange coming from me, but I need help constructing a Hail team. I'm trying to combine six Ice-types that will make-up for the Ice-type's weaknesses as much as possible. Froslass helps agianst Fighting, Walrein and Dewgong and Fire and Steel, Mamoswine against Rock...any suggestions?

Eleventyseventy

But why is the rum gone?
    Years
    I know it sound strange coming from me, but I need help constructing a Hail team. I'm trying to combine six Ice-types that will make-up for the Ice-type's weaknesses as much as possible. Froslass helps agianst Fighting, Walrein and Dewgong and Fire and Steel, Mamoswine against Rock...any suggestions?

Abomasnow is a must, to set up Hail.
    As for the rest of the team,
    Weavile, Froslass, Mamoswine, Regice and Walrein would work nicely.

Walrein > Dewgong for a Hail team. Dewgong's much better on a Rain Dance team.

I don't know a lot about Hail teams, and I'm way too tired, so I can't help you with the sets, but at least that's some ideas.

Walrein

Banned
    Years
    Sk8 said:
    Did you really think I didn't know that :P ?
    What about Cloyster for Rapid Spinning?
    Sort of...
    I don't know a lot about Hail teams, and I'm way too tired, so I can't help you with the sets, but at least that's some ideas.
    I thank you regardless.

The Hero Without a Name

Da bee dee da ba mouse...
    Years

You really shouldn't put an all-Ice team for a hail team; Fighters will just rip them apart.

Eleventyseventy

But why is the rum gone?
    Years
    But I also need support against Fire-types...what should I do? I just love them all...

Ugh this is tough. No wonder I've never bothered with a Hail team..

I have come up against a Hail team before though.
    To say the least, I was surprised.
    With the movesets and strategies he had, covering weaknesses, even fire, was no fret.

If you think you need a Rapid Spinner, which you probably do with Stealth Rock being so popular, then try to make room for it by replacing it with the one you think you're going to need the least for covering weaknesses.

You really shouldn't put an all-Ice team for a hail team; Fighters will just rip them apart.

I guess you're right.
    I thought it'd be nice to have the Hail only hurting your opponent, but maybe you need to sacrifice that for a stable team.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Froslass, there is no way you're gonna be covering up an ice team's weaknesses if you're only using ice types. All those attacks that hit ice for SE are still gonna be problems. Granted you'll be able to cover up the fight weak with froslass' immunity, but what about fire types? For example, Specsmence is gonna leave massive holes in your entire team, nothing can safely switch in on fire or dragon attacks. Likewise any competant user of stone edge will dent everything you have, as will any fighting move once froslass goes down. I know you like ice types, but by being completely monotype you are only screwing yourself over. You're gonna have to branch out, for example take up a poke with flash fire to lessen the fire weak.

Zurich

Optimus Prime
    Years
    I will ask again, maybe nobody saw it:
    Can anyone give me the standard curse bibarel set?
    I was thinking of it for a UU team, but i may choose quagsire as well, in that case witch moveset is more efective on it?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I will ask again, maybe nobody saw it:
    Can anyone give me the standard curse bibarel set?
    I was thinking of it for a UU team, but i may choose quagsire as well, in that case witch moveset is more efective on it?

Bibarel@Leftovers
    252 HP / 48 Atk / 120 Def / 88 Sp.Def
    ability: Simple
    nature: Adamant
    - Curse
    - Waterfall
    - Quick Attack
    - Return / Taunt / Amnesia

Water + Normal have awesome coverage. Curse + priority make this set kinda cool.

Taunt stops status and phazing, whilst Amnesia allows you to get + 4 in sp.def after a single one due to simple and Return for a solid normal stab move.

The given EVs allow you to survive a Jolly Hitmonlee's Life Orb Close Combat after a Curse, who is easily OHKO'd in return with a Curse Waterfall. The implication of this is that Bibarel should be able to survive any unboosted physical hit, sans Choice Band Close Combats, after a Curse. The Special Defense EVs allow Bibarel to survive a Timid Rotom's Thunderbolt on average, which leaves healthy Special Defensive abilities for Bibarel in UU. The remaining EVs are delegated to Attack as investing a small amount in Attack is recommended; however, investing the remaining EVs in Special Defense is a decent option as well. If you opt to use this in OU you'll want to pump Attack EVs. In OU, Bibarel will not nearly have the defenses to gather several Curses like he can in UU, meaning that he needs as much Attack as possible to hit hard right after a single Curse.

Credit to Bologo from smogon for this.

Actually looking at it ....i want to try this too =o.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    I want the best EV spread for a Curse Aggron. Any ideas :P

Zurich

Optimus Prime
    Years
    Bibarel@Leftovers
    252 HP / 48 Atk / 120 Def / 88 Sp.Def
    ability: Simple
    nature: Adamant
    - Curse
    - Waterfall
    - Quick Attack
    - Return / Taunt / Amnesia

Water + Normal have awesome coverage. Curse + priority make this set kinda cool.

Taunt stops status and phazing, whilst Amnesia allows you to get + 4 in sp.def after a single one due to simple and Return for a solid normal stab move.

Credit to Bologo from smogon for this.

Actually looking at it ....i want to try this too =o.

WOW THANKS D_A!!

And phantom, i dont think curse is a good option for torterra, because its LOW Sp.Def and its 4x ice weakness makes curse difficult to pull off. In fact, Rock polish is a better option, allowing him to outspeed some threats and kill them back.

Here you Have the rock polish set:

Torterra@ Life Orb/Leftovers/Lum berry
    Adamant
    252 atk/252 speed/6 def

Rock Polish
    Wood Hammer
    Stone Edge
    Earthquake

Hope it helped......

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    I'm trying to think of a good team for wifi battling for Platinum but i need help with EVs,Nature, etc

Also, i wanna try to use all Sinnoh region native Pokemon

Nature: Jolly

EV: Undecided

Ability: Blaze

Item: Life Orb

Attacks:
    Flare Blitz
    Grass Knot
    Undecided
    Undecided

Nature: undecided

Ability: Undecided

Item: undecided

Attacks:
    Aura Sphere
    Water Pulse
    undecided
    undecided

Nature: Adamant

Item: Undecided

Ability: Intimidate

Attack:
    Brave Bird
    Fly
    Heat Wave
    Close Combat

Nature: Undecided

Ability: Levitate

Attacks:
    Power Whip
    Undecided
    Undecided
    Undecided

The last 2 Pokemon are undecided as well

So can anyone help me?

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    I'm trying to think of a good team for wifi battling for Platinum but i need help with EVs,Nature, etc

Also, i wanna try to use all Sinnoh region native Pokemon

Nature: Naiive

EV: 24Att/252SpAtt/232Spd

Ability: Blaze

Item: Life Orb

Attacks:
    Flamethrower
    Grass Knot
    Close Combat
    Nasty Plot/HP Ice

Nature: Modest

EV: 252SpAtt/252Spd/6HP

Ability: Inner Focus

Item: undecided

Attacks:
    Aura Sphere
    Dark Pulse/Shadow Ball
    Vacuum Wave
    HP Ice/Dragon Pulse

Nature: Adamant

EV: 252Att/252Spd/6HP

Item: Choice Band

Ability: Intimidate

Attack:
    Brave Bird
    Return/Double Edge
    Pursuit/U-Turn/Quick Attack
    Close Combat

Nature: Undecided

Ability: Levitate

Attacks:
    Power Whip
    Undecided
    Undecided
    Undecided

The last 2 Pokemon are undecided as well

So can anyone help me?

No idea on carnivine, I'llleave it for somebody else. The sets above are the standards you'll wanna be using.

Infernapes most effective set is the mixed variant, which flare blitz plays little part in. Likewise the recoil from FB and Life Orb would soon rack up.

Ghost/Fight covers everything in the game for at least neutral, so there's no need for water pulse which is weak anyway.

Staraptor's base SpAtt is abysmal, no heat wave for him.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    No idea on carnivine, I'llleave it for somebody else. The sets above are the standards you'll wanna be using.

Infernapes most effective set is the mixed variant, which flare blitz plays little part in. Likewise the recoil from FB and Life Orb would soon rack up.

Ghost/Fight covers everything in the game for at least neutral, so there's no need for water pulse which is weak anyway.

Staraptor's base SpAtt is abysmal, no heat wave for him.

Why Choice Band for Staraptor and why not Heat Wave, If it has Heat Wave despite it's side effect, it will help defend itself against Ice Pokemon

and why Vaccum Wave for Lucario when it already has Aura Sphere and why Dragon Pulse

NoBel_ToKYo ™

OpEN Up YoUR HoRIzOns
    Years
    hi there, i just wanna know on what you think about this as a team..i don't need help with EV's/movesets/items AS OF YET. i want to know just for the sake of type weakness/coverage, and how the team blends together. so whats your opinion on:
    weavile
    gengar
    tyranitar
    blissey
    milotic
    scizor

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Why Choice Band for Staraptor and why not Heat Wave, If it has Heat Wave despite it's side effect, it will help defend itself against Ice Pokemon

and why Vaccum Wave for Lucario when it already has Aura Sphere and why Dragon Pulse

1. Staraptor has pathetic special attack so Heatwave is kinda novelty outside of gimmicky Lo mix sets.
    2. Close Combat already hits ice pokes and you will hit them harder with return/brave bird due to its better attack stat and STAB anyway.
    3. Choice Band gives you a 50% boost to attacks so you will do quite a bit of damage.

Vacuum Wave has priority and it helps nab faster foes and/or frail stuff who you would not be able to kill otherwise : - See Weavile, Scarf Porgyon z and Tyranitar after a dragon dance etc.

Dragon Pulse hits Dragons who pretty much take lol damage from your entier set otherwise. Hidden power Ice and Rock are perfectly usable there too.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Why Choice Band for Staraptor

Because being a sweeper he wants a strength boosting item. Since he's gonna be losing health to brave bird recoil, Life Orb recoil means self-harm is gonna quickly rack up. Likewise Choice band gives a significant boost in strenght, and being frail staraptor will be switching a lot anyway

and why not Heat Wave,

Base 50SpAtt+No SpAtt Investment=Lol damage

If it has Heat Wave despite it's side effect, it will help defend itself against Ice Pokemon

Close combat hits Ice types for super-effective damage :S

and why Vaccum Wave for Lucario when it already has Aura Sphere

For priority hits. Many things outspeed lucarios rather average base 90 Speed and a STAB'd-Specs Boosted vacuum wave that gets to bypass that speed is gonna hurt.

and why Dragon Pulse

For dragon types. Now that the bulkiest sweeper in OU (Garchomp) has been shown the door, HP ice isn't so necerssary so you can go for the higher base power and general coverage.

Answers have been boldified.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back