• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhys29

Kakuna=BestWallEver
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2009
    & when Bronzong falls? Or what if they have slow pokemon? Or if that %30 chance of Hypnosis miss happens? Or, mor importantly, if a poke is slow enough to take advantage of TR to surff. Protect on Maggy is useless.
    What if he gets a flawless victory and the opponent uses nothing but Caterpie's? Posing whatif questions does not help him without having a way to deal with them.

Every TR team should have Tangrowth as it can deal with Surf, Discharge, and Earthquake while taking advantage of the TR switch. Slowbro with Skill Swap can be an effective member as well since it can destroy opponents' strategies such as Levitate users who avoid EQ or Water Absorb/Volt Absorb users to make Slowbro a huge threat to their strategy. Not only that, but it can provide extra TR assistance.

Relying on Bronzong is indeed risk, that I agree with. Smart players lead with atleast one sturdy Roar user as to force the obvious TR user out before they can use it and scramble up your strategy. Having a Fake Out or Follow Me lead will be essential for survival. Keep that in mind when developing your team around TR.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    What if he gets a flawless victory and the opponent uses nothing but Caterpie's? Posing whatif questions does not help him without having a way to deal with them.

Every TR team should have Tangrowth as it can deal with Surf, Discharge, and Earthquake while taking advantage of the TR switch. Slowbro with Skill Swap can be an effective member as well since it can destroy opponents' strategies such as Levitate users who avoid EQ or Water Absorb/Volt Absorb users to make Slowbro a huge threat to their strategy. Not only that, but it can provide extra TR assistance.

Relying on Bronzong is indeed risk, that I agree with. Smart players lead with atleast one sturdy Roar user as to force the obvious TR user out before they can use it and scramble up your strategy. Having a Fake Out or Follow Me lead will be essential for survival. Keep that in mind when developing your team around TR.

Apparently you didn't read the whole conversation at all.

What I said was a follow-up plan for what both D-A and Blueberry said. They gave the solution, yet he thought that his Trick Room strategy would work. So yeah, a solution was given, in this case, the "what if" was to divert his dilusions. I'm not sure if your advice was tailored towards a Double Battle team involving both Rhyperior and Camerupt. If he was crazy enough o have both Macargo & Rhyperior out at the same time, and Trick Room Bronzong would save him, a "what if" scenario would suffice, since the solution to that "what if" was answered in three posts already.

Also, there are no smart players in the Battle Tower. Re-read all posts before ya comment.

Last edited:

Rhys29

Kakuna=BestWallEver
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2009
    Apparently you didn't read the whole conversation at all.

What I said was a follow-up plan for what both D-A and Blueberry said. They gave the solution, yet he thought that his Trick Room strategy would work. So yeah, a solution was given, in this case, the "what if" was to divert his dilusions. I'm not sure if your advice was tailored towards a Double Battle team involving both Rhyperior and Camerupt. If he was crazy enough o have both Macargo (lolwut) & Rhyperior out at the same time, and Trick Room Bronzong would save him, a "what if" scenario would suffice, since the solution to that "what if" was answered in three posts already.

Also, there are no smart players in the Battle Tower. Re-read all posts before ya comment.
    I read all the posts as I have helped post answers to improve his teamwork and told him strategies to make the team easier to pull off. A simple "what if" could be better if worded as: "You cannot rely on Bronzong to pull off TR 100% of the time. Just because you have it on your team is not something you should rely on working every time. You should have backups to your strategy. If Bronzong is stopped, what could you do? This means that once you get the TR off, you might not get the chance to do it again. Knowing this, you should use as much time as you can to deal as much damage as you can. So in my opinion, Protect would be an inferior move to something more brutally offensive as to abuse TR."

Sorry if I came off as arrogant xp

Years
    im scarping that team thank you.i think it has raised enough contrversy and i accept that i was not in the right mind set when making that team.i just wanted to try something different.Guess i am going to have to settle for a double Rain Dance team.Made it the moment i realized that TR isn't suiting my likeing(and i suck at making TR teams).

Here it is:

Lead 1:

Jolteon @ Damp Rock
    Modest
    Volt Absorb
    252 sp.att/252 spd/6 hp
    ~Rain Dance
    ~Thunder
    ~Shadow ball
    ~light Screen

Lead 2:

Ludicolo @ Leftovers
    Mild
    Swift Swim
    124 hp/252 sp.att/134 spd
    ~Fake out
    ~Hydro Pump
    ~Ice Beam
    ~Energy ball

Back up 1:

Kabutops @ Life Orb
    Adamant
    Swift Swim
    252 att/252 att/6 hp
    ~Sword Dance
    ~Waterfall
    ~Stone Edge
    ~X-scissor

Back up 2:

Relicanth @ Choice Scarf
    Adamant
    252 att/252 spd/6 hp
    ~Head Smash
    ~Waterfall
    ~Rock slide
    ~Filler(???)

Please tell this will work..im ready to change anything i just want 100 in the double tower.
    And thank you for your help.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    I read all the posts as I have helped post answers to improve his teamwork and told him strategies to make the team easier to pull off. A simple "what if" could be better if worded as: "You cannot rely on Bronzong to pull off TR 100% of the time. Just because you have it on your team is not something you should rely on working every time. You should have backups to your strategy. If Bronzong is stopped, what could you do? This means that once you get the TR off, you might not get the chance to do it again. Knowing this, you should use as much time as you can to deal as much damage as you can. So in my opinion, Protect would be an inferior move to something more brutally offensive as to abuse TR."

Sorry if I came off as arrogant xp

Regardless of how I worded it, the point came across. If ya really read all post, ya know his team is for the battle tower, in doubles, and that advice you gave is somewhat moot, however good it may be. No smart players in the Battle Tower.

Eh, doesn't matter now.

As for dark, it's the battle tower. expect cheap moves, funny attacks, and odd pokes. I still don't get how the hell an Oddish would survive Earthquake from aa fully ev'd Gyarados.

Regardless, if you want full Battle Tower help, there's actually a thread made just for that. They'll give you better help.

Years
    i post there all the time and sims just for your info i have made over 100 in the singles BT..and im looking for over 100 in the doubles.so i know all about the tower and the hax.As for the tread i assure you everytime i post there i get no reply or my doubles team gets replaced by a singles so i guess no help from that ttread.this is the only place i get a reply once in a while if people are feeling helpfull otherwise im generally ignored even when i post an Rmt.So i guess this forum isn't for me!sorry for all the trouble iv caused anyone!ill just have to find another place to post my teams and get help.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
    I have an untouched porygon-z lying around, and I'm wondering what I should do with it.
    Here's it's stats

Porygon-Z - Lv.18 - Adamant Nature
    HP - 59
    Attack - 37
    Defense - 33
    Sp. Atk - 49
    Sp. Def - 32
    Speed - 41

I can't really be bothered to find out what it's IV spread is.. Just give me some suggestions, and tell me wether It's useless or not, and wether or not I should breed for a better nature..

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I have an untouched porygon-z lying around, and I'm wondering what I should do with it.
    Here's it's stats

Porygon-Z - Lv.18 - Adamant Nature
    Attack - 37
    Defense - 33
    Sp. Atk - 49
    Sp. Def - 32
    Speed - 41

I can't really be bothered to find out what it's IV spread is.. Just give me some suggestions, and tell me wether It's useless or not, and wether or not I should breed for a better nature..

You should absolutely breed for a better nature. Porygon-Z needs to be running a Modest or Timid nature to boost its Special Attack and Speed stats, respectively. Porygon-Z won't be using any physical attacks so the drop won't matter.

You need to know EVs to find IVs, so that is a lost cause (unless you know them). But yes, you need to rebreed right away.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
    You should absolutely breed for a better nature. Porygon-Z needs to be running a Modest or Timid nature to boost its Special Attack and Speed stats, respectively. Porygon-Z won't be using any physical attacks so the drop won't matter.

You need to know EVs to find IVs, so that is a lost cause (unless you know them). But yes, you need to rebreed right away.

It doesn't have any EV's..
    But I guess I'll go get breeding now.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    The IVs are:

Adamant Z Porygon: 2 - 6 Atk / 16 - 21 Def / 8 - 13 SAtk / 0 - 5 SDef / 20 - 25 Spd

...not very good really.

Also, this is the best IV calculator I've used.

FireApe2135

Poke-Elite
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    I was wondering if anyone knows a good moveset for a skymin?
    I am looking ahead for Platinum and wish to find a good competitive battling set. Please help out, Thanks in advance.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I was wondering if anyone knows a good moveset for a skymin?
    I am looking ahead for Platinum and wish to find a good competitive battling set. Please help out, Thanks in advance.

Shaymin@Leftovers
    252 SP.ATT / 252 SPEED / 6 DEF
    Timid Nature
    - Leech Seed
    - Substitute
    - Air Slash
    - Earth Power

Sub Seed annoying piece of crap. >.< Air Slash + Earth power have optimum coverage when compared with its other options with just 2 attack slots.

Shaymin@Life Orb
    Timid Nature
    - Air Slash
    - Seed Flare
    - Earth power
    - Hidden Power [Ice/Fire] / Growth

Life orb Sweeper.

Shaymin@Choice Specs/ Choice Scarf
    Modest / Timid Nature
    - Air Slash
    - Seed Flare
    - Earth power
    - Hidden Power [Ice/Fire]

Choice.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    Can someone give me opinions please?

I haven't decided on a full team yet, and I don't care about natures and stuff like that, but please rate my move set and constructive criticism or something. It's only 2 pokemon.

Mismagius
    - Power Gem/Magical Leaf
    - Pain Split
    - Shadow Ball
    - Grudge

AND

Medicham
    - Recover
    - Power Trick
    - Hi-Jump Kick
    - Ice Punch

In my opinion, Mismagius would be good for overall battling, especially online because of Grudge (If user faints during turn, move used to make user faint has its PP reduced to zero)
    Medicham would be good in Elite four, especially Cynthia's Garchomp and with power trick, Medicham can have more attack.

Supreme Dirt

used Petal Dance
    Years
    • Age 32
    • o3o
    • Seen Dec 4, 2014
    In case you've forgotten, I enjoy using surprise movesets, and don't care so much about winning (though I do care about winning...)

To rephrase, what can viably use either HP Rock or Power Gem?

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    In case you've forgotten, I enjoy using surprise movesets, and don't care so much about winning (though I do care about winning...)

To rephrase, what can viably use either HP Rock or Power Gem?

All of the most powerful attackers in UUs have STAB moves that render it useless, really. There really aren't any good users of the move. Surprise movesets have to actually work (stuff like MixMeta...that can actually do something besides be a pokemon fodder etc).

It's like finding a needle in a haystack, and the needle isn't very useful. It know that isn't a very good answer, but I can tell you that it's the correct one.

EDIT: Omastar is your best bet. D_A is right. It needs rain support and stuff though etc etc. But HP Rock doesn't actually hit anything extra bar Mantine really. Kind of useless =/

Supreme Dirt

used Petal Dance
    Years
    • Age 32
    • o3o
    • Seen Dec 4, 2014
    I'll go with Omastar. Maybe I'll take another shot at a rain dance team. Only it'll be usable this time. And won't employ a Slowking *shudder*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back